Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

flipswitch
que
que

Re: Star Wars Battlefront to 'debut next month'

Post by flipswitch »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kickstarter for Open World Star Wars RPG!!!
Like many of us when we were kids we wanted to be like Luke skywalker or obi one kinobi, but like all of us, we do not live in a galaxy far far away. There might be another way though. With all the open world RPGs out there how is there not a good one for Star Wars? I have decided to take matters into my own hands and write a story in the star wars universe that will fit inside a RPG video game. I am currently looking into talking with Disney if I am able to do this. If not then there might have to be a compromise on the name or some other parts. I need your help. I am not a very good programmer, and I'm an even worst artist. I want to put this project into the hands of professionals, but in order to do that I need money to hire them. This was my dream as a kid I hope you can share my same compassion, thank you.

There are many people out there that have the wrong image when they think about this game so I will go into deep detail as much as i can to get people more excited about this. As I know there are other "very good" games over Star Wars, but within the bounds of good taste, I believe that these RPG's over Star Wars have not reached their full potential. I do not feel immersed in these games. I am not talking about a 1995/2005 game that could be created in a month or two. I am talking about a Star Wars RPG that will completely blow people away; like "Fallout 4", or "The Witcher 3" did. These RPG's set the benchmark of how the future of RPG's should look, and they are a good blueprint to go on. I want to make something that is like this in some respects, but goes even further. It will have the graphics of "Battlefront" or better with the feel of "The Witcher 3".

The game and story will also have a lot of choice. You will be able to choose which side you would like to be on. You can be evil and reside on the Darkside and rule the galaxy as you wish, or you could also bring peace about the galaxy. Both in their own respects have their perks. Speaking of perks: Like "Fallout 4" there might or might not be perks in the game. At least not the same as they are in "Fallout". I do not want to give away much about the story, but I will give away that you do not start out as a Jedi, but later become one. As you progress your skills get better as your ability to use the force. It is very exciting that I have already gotten backers. I will be providing updates every couple of days, and answering any questions that you might have. I am still answering others so please be patient.

Also no promises, but the backers that give for the $60 reward will get the game a day or two before original release.

- Thank you, Devin Tripp
I'm selling my home to fund part of the development.

May the farce be with you.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Re: Star Wars Battlefront to 'debut next month'

Post by GameHED »

I think an original universe much like destiny or mass effect would be better.

Just make a game that is inspired by star wars, battlestar galacctica, robotech, and start world building from there where knights with ideals, (melee class) space cowboys living in lawless parts of space with little security, (rogues/thief class) tech historians looking for treasures from ancient civilisations that collapsed which become the kind of Phantasy Star Online "wizards" of the universe all clash together and and work from there. (these mages would seem the wisest because they unlocked the secrets of the previous ages of men and alien tech to build armies of mosters and biotech soldiers to fight for them)

If it is open world make sure vehicles are usable. (can't stand walking on foot now - it takes ages)

The themes in the universe should parallell real world problems and events going on to give characters believability.

Star wars has so many different aliens. There needs to be hundreds of different cultures that you feel like an alien to the others. Morrowind had that magic, where you saw exotic places you wouldn't see in the real world. That's what I'd want. People in the universe still wish for different things so there is always fighting. (assassins and spies are always plotting murders much like elder scrolls games to influence events in history in some way) And for god's sakes add mechs. Star wars had the AT-AT dog walkers, so you need something like that for boss encounters. (think of that lastt mission in COD Advanced Warfare with the powered armor)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto