Star Wars Battlefront to 'debut next month'

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Gamma
Dot Eater

Re: Star Wars Battlefront to 'debut next month'

Post by Gamma »

I only hope the final game includes the same ten seconds of the movie soundtrack more often.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

F for Fake wrote:4 days and I still haven't even seen the jedi pickup
I think I got almost every pick up so far except for Luke. being Vader was ok- ish. Didn't make me want to preorder the game though.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Lost my shit. :rollin:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Ooooooh I get it now...

I didn't realise Vader and Luke were pick ups like the ATAT,ATST, A-Wing etc etc.. . I thought some lucky sod just got to play as them at random..

I didn't come across their pick ups.. hmmm.. might have to go back and play again this weekend.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

The beta was only extended until today
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Well then.. that kills that then.. Thanks for the heads up though :)

Based on what I played.. I'd wait for it to get cheap before I considered a purchase.

I'm keeping my eye on a pricedrop for the Xbone... as I have an hankering to play Halo.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

You can buy mine if you like. I'm doing the elite trade in at EB so if you wanna pay $275 for my launch bone and pad (no kinnect), you can have it. Nothing wrong with it. I just want that elite pad...
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Does it come with your account left on it and the digital games?

/Counts pennies.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Yeah no
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

Cletus wrote:You can buy mine if you like. I'm doing the elite trade in at EB so if you wanna pay $275 for my launch bone and pad (no kinnect), you can have it. Nothing wrong with it. I just want that elite pad...
You do know that eb are giving an extra $50 trade value if you get either the elite or ps4 1tb console? I have secured my glacier ps4 for trade up to the star wars 1tb edition. Total cost to me is $200 for that and sw battlefront the game.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Cletus doesn't want the 720p version.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

I thought about trading my PS4 in for the upgrade, but I have P.T on my current PS4
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Is that the new model ps4 you're trading in for?
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

t0mby wrote:Cletus doesn't want the 720p version.
certainly not. I could have a 1080p version with a better frame rate. But the game isn't that good.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

guttermouth wrote:I thought about trading my PS4 in for the upgrade, but I have P.T on my current PS4
Better off upgrading the hdd anyway. I posted a link to the 2tb swap in the PS4 thread.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

This is my most wanted game this year. Goes up on EA access this Friday I think. Will give it the 10 hour bash for a nice taste of the full game. Will pick up PS4 version on launch.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

Gave Battlefront a bash last night. Game is fucken amazing, plenty of game modes and looks so good......Endor so nice
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

I thought the beta only went for 5 days is it back on?
-------------------------------------
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

Full game goes up 10 days earlier on EA access. And you can play the full game for 10 hours to try it out
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevange ... -worth-60/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This may sound counter-intuitive, but giving people 10 hours of unrestricted playtime in Star Wars Battlefront via EA Access is the worst thing EA could have done to encourage sales of its insanely anticipated Star Wars title. Absent a review copy, I fired up my EA Access Hub to start feasting on 10 glorious, blissfully chaotic hours in DICE’s beautiful Star Wars sandbox. I feared it would be a massive tease, and I dreaded the thought of that final splash screen telling me my time was up.

Instead, I walked away disappointed and discontent.

That sobering truth is that there simply isn’t enough content or variety here to justify a $60 purchase.

But Walker Assault doesn’t justify $60.

Don’t get me wrong, DICE has painstakingly recreated the look and feel of the Star Wars universe, and the outstanding fan service becomes even more appreciated after you’ve revisited the original trilogy. The imposing gait of Darth Vader, that rough engine whine of the Tie Fighter, the snow cave walls of the rebel base on Hoth, the way Han Solo fires his blaster while retreating. It’s gorgeous, it’s faithful, and it’s a downright fantastic Star Wars experience. Hell, it’s a great Star Wars game. Just not necessarily one that warrants a full price purchase.

Your first instinct after reading this will be to close your browser in disgust, assuming I’m just writing linkbait. Honestly though, the game’s shiny coat wears off after about 10 hours. The shallowness becomes more pronounced, and you’ll realize Star Wars Battlefront needs more content, more variety. DICE will absolutely deliver that via DLC, and I’ll absolutely wait until the inevitable Game of the Year edition is released, or the combined content goes on sale.

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

Author’s Note: I have not personally seen nor agreed to a review embargo for Star Wars Battlefront. My opinion is based on 10 hours with the game via EA Access, which I paid for.
This is what I feared from the demo too. Game looks the goods, nostalgia factor is through the roof but how many settings would maintain interest? I imagine EA are sitting on a few maps given their DLC sector makes almost more money than their retail sector.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

What's the cheapest place to grab BF on pc?
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Good video on Digital Foundry, locked 60fps on all platforms which will please lestat and his 720p version. :lol:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

They've done well given how underpowered these consoles are. It's a very nice looking game.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

This game sucks cock harder than even I do (with an embarrassing 72 Metacritic score).... :?
Giantbomb: 3/5

If the impending release of The Force Awakens has you in the mood for a casual online shooter set in the Star Wars universe, this game can certainly provide that for a dozen or so hours, but its limited amount of content and lack of meaningful progression kept me from wanting to return for more than a brief visit.

Destructoid: 6/10

Star Wars Battlefront feels authentic in many ways, but that authenticity is aggressively pursued at the cost of gameplay, and is often tacked-on. If you're in the mood for a relatively shallow shooter with caveats you likely won't be disappointed.

Attack of the Fanboy: 3.5/5

Battlefront is an extraordinarily thin offering when it comes to content, making it less enjoyable the more you play it.

Hardcore Gamer: 3/5

Like Evolve, Titanfall and The Order: 1886 before it, Battlefront chooses style over substance. The combat is too simplified to create long-term engagement. What’s left is a game with too few weapons, maps and heroes. In the end, Star Wars Battlefront is all Binks and no Fett.

Gamespot: 7/10

Battlefront doesn't go much deeper than its ambitious surface appeal. It front loads its best content, only to fade in quality as the hours roll by.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

So basically a poor BF4 reskin with less content and buyers remorse sets in once the star wars nostalgia fades. Figured as much, not even good framerates can save this, considering this is their 3rd attempt on this engine. :lol:

Thank god the holiday season was saved with Halo5. ;)