Witcher 3 - Hype is REAL!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: Witcher 3 - Hype is REAL!

Post by Candy Arse »

The issue with stamina regen never affected me! With the emphasis on fast attacks and all those attack power bonuses plus high level oils, shit would die very very quickly :lol:

I suspect I may be singing a different tune on my next playthrough of the game on the hardest difficulty, however. Looking forward to finding out.

Best game ever.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

This game is enormous. Really loving it now. Getting to know my way around Velen. Doing a lot of dodging in combat now which is a pretty overpowered move once you have the skill maxed. The pacing is superb. So many encounters big, small and in between while traveling to a destination. I haven't fast-traveled once yet.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

How much time have you put in currently?
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Steam says 57 hours and I'm only level 12. I finished Witcher 2 pretty comprehensively in 56.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

t0mby wrote:Backed up by CDPR's community lead.

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/874137087938789376
And people said that we didn't need mid gen upgrades for console peasant gaming.. Probably trading in their base model for pro at ebgames as we speak.. 10 year cycle is too long for the current underpowered generation. Nintendo can get away with it because they are comfortable now going for the lower end poor guys while sony and ms fight over the higher income console gamers. (we will probably never see nintendo go soley with power ever again judging by how well 3DS sold and how Switch has kept the waggle gimmick again to reclaim casual non-gamer crowd) Woudln't be surprised if Witcher just gets a remaster when PS5 comes out. (4K at consistent 60FPS?)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Peppermint Lounge
The End

This game. Arrived in Novigrad a few nights ago. Loving the weather effects too. Stormy days with sunshine piercing swirling clouds looks fantastic against the city backdrop. Can't see shit but it looks fantastic.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

I reckon it's the last game I played where I got lost in it when playing it. Still fucked off the Gwent achievement never unlocked I played everyone I met got a shitload of cards and bought all cards from all shops and still said I didn't have them all :(
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Damn how amazing is the quantity of free DLC for this game. Just discovered it all now. Loving my main squeeze Yen’s alt outfit. Best SP game ever.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Agreed 100%.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

There was a period there where I lost interest in the game but I'm glad I pushed through to the end. I didn't get the best ending but it was close enough. Still yet to finish the DLC - Blood and Wine. Probably one of those generation defining games they'll be talking about in 30 years the way we talk about A Link to the Past now.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

yeah it's good but not perfect. You still have shit movement and combat isn't as good as action JRPG games:
^
that guy got cyberbullied by swarms of fans of Witcher 3 but his points are all valid criticisms. (he had to hide his review) BOTW destroys it in terms of flow of movement. Hopefully they fix the flaws by the time Cyberpunk comes out.
Western RPG games still have to catch up with the japanese in terms of good combat animation and the sense of your weapon being a solid object that is cutting through another object and/or pushing it back from impact damage. With all the effort put into graphics, it is time someone spent money on improving animations for fighting. In all the elder scrolls games for instance you don't really feel like when you swing your sword or club it is colliding with the target but just clipping through them as if they were ghosts. Come one guys, it's not the 90s anymore.

Only time I like the 90s is when Yuzo Koshiro is making megadrive style tunes for new games or the game is a spiritual sucessor to old PC RPG franchise from isometric or top down perspective.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Arrived at Kaer Morhen the other night. Multiple moments were had. Easily the prettiest entrance to a level I’ve seen.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

if you don't check the TV News thread then.. the Witcher TV series is coming!

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/henry- ... e-comments
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Slightly odd casting for Geralt. Cavill definitely has the physique but the overall look doesn't really fit. Then again should be interesting to see what Netflix does with it - they do good work generally.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

bwahahaha
they just won't go away.
silverblade357
3 hours ago
Ciri becoming black for no reason whatsoever is not only race-pandering cringe, but hilariously ignorant of the source material. Ciri and Geralt look alike despite not being related, this ties into their being tied by fate or destiny.
the illuminati shit on anything people find fun. If it isn't serving some agenda they are pushing then it's a target. Read japanese comics. Stop giving SJW panderers your money FFS. Star Wars and Mad Max were manipulted by them all this time and nobody seems to be learning! :down:
3pharaohstowers
3 hours ago (edited)
Its not a race issue, its a lore and fanbase issue, its just like spiderman homecoming and the bully jock brock who becomes venom was turned into dweeb geek and it has nothing to do with the color or race, they are just not representing the fanbases, the communities, and only fans will watch every production they release. But all they do with this horrible takes, is mock and make fun and ignore the fans, which divides the fanbase and lowers and adds toxicity to the communities. Like how angry i am that glam model gal gadot got wonderwoman, adrianne palicki how have done a better wonderwoman as she was going to play her for the tvseries that was cancelled, and lets not forget the disastrous teen titans live-action movie, if they need help finding a realistic representation for your tv series or movie, find a BEST COSPLAY from fansites OR WINNERS OF COSPLAY COMPETITIONS, its not that hard.
The SJW don't care about that since they don't really read comics or play games or books. They are fake fans. It all began when super hero movies started to go big budget and A-list actors became the norm to be casted in them. What this did was attract a lot of money and then fake geeks (who don't care about the lore) wanted to infiltrate the communities to change how we think and alter society by bullying people into believing in their vagina worship religion.

They have no interest in the material itself but they do want jobs working in whatever industry men and women are successful in to influence large amounts of people. Don't watch or buy the products that pander to SJW and eventually companies will get the message. That's it. The free market will do the rest. It's the will of the people. Reptilians can't do anything about that.

Now that sex dolls are getting brothels the feminist and SJW are shitting their pants (will be interesting social experiment because sex robots will be next ie no need for feminist in society now that men can have their sexual freedom. It's going to be the second sexual revolution. Women have their dildos and men have their sex robot harems. "Cherry 2000" is around the corner. And if they have problem with this? You claim to be robosexual and attack them based on LGBTQR logic: the community is robosexual-phobic and the robosexuals need to be a new protected class like the gays, lesbians, bi, trannies, bestiality etc .... ok not the last one yet cletus, but I think it's legal already in some places so I wouldn't be surprised based on the direction we hare heading. Jordan Peterson persection is canary in the coalmine for the rest of the normal people who will get bullied in future by the cry bullies)
I predict one day the angry incels will get their revenge on them all like the Sith. It's the age of deception. Trust your gut not your eyes.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Cavill is perfect casting IMO. While I’d love a non-white girl as Ciri if only to piss off MRAs, I’d probably rather they spare any non-white actor the resulting social media vitriol campaign emanating from these losers.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

It's annoying that they can't just respect the source material. It would be like casting an Asian as Black Panther or Luke Cage - she is described in the source material as fair skinned and descendant from Elves (and not the dark variety).
Peppermint Lounge
The End

I expected them to go with likenesses across the board as they’ve done for Geralt. It’s a leaked casting brief so the info isn’t reliable or confirmed.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Hopefully it's all just drama to stir up interest in the series, not that it's needed. I'm hard pressed to think of a decent Ciri however Sophia Lillis looks like a good pick though (girl from IT, she'd be in the age bracket that she could play young and older versions of Ciri). Eva Green and Jennifer Connolly have been mentioned for Yen - Jennifer is a bit older but I think she'd pull it off quite well.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Always thought Cara Delevingne would be a perfect Ciri.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

I’m mean, really.

Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

That would work
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Geralt looks like a girl.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

I think with all the hate for the show it might be time to create gate for everything the SJWs touch.

Gamergate was the beginning and now we have metalgate and comicsgate.

All the gates combine to form anti-SJW alliance known as Voltron Galaxy Defenders. The purpose is to fight the evil in all the male hobbies and get rid of of fake fans of things by exposing the members of these radical groups and choosing not to buy shit from them.

We literally are at war with criminals and the shitting on of star wars, the attacks on the polish game developers who made Witcher, the pressure to get nintendo to censor games (no face-petting mini game in fireemblem? Really? they have that much time?) and all the shit they are doing has added up to loss of income for the companies making shit for their fans/customers.
A big website listing all the SJW made products needs to be made so people can avoid those games, comics, uni courses, movies, tv series etc in the same way there is a ratings board to classify how much offensive material is in gams and tv and film.

What it will do is protect the sovereignty of the people that produce content so they don't have to worry about being bullied and when they finally go alone and make stuff we want to play, watch, or read, they can use the website to advertise their non-SJW products and support the anti-SJW community.

You have to understand when criminals start controlling society they pollute the minds of the youth who see the world from hyper cynical way and then they choose to be LIKE them growing up and thinking its cool to shit on things and destroy culture instead of creating things. The goal of the Voltron Galaxy Defense is uniting everyone to block them from funding and support. Cut them up into tiny pieces so we can fight them and drain their energy until they are completely gone so they don't breed. (much like dealing with the Flood in Halo where the only way to kill them is to starve them off)

https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction ... l_justice/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's all about generating money to counter the communist jews. They are the masterminds behind these movements to kill western society and make kids into sissies who think witcher 3's combat is better than Zelda BOTW and expect bad controls to be normalised in gaming to hide their lack of co-ordination so they can blame the game rather than themselves for being shit.