Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: Witcher 3 - Hype is REAL!

Post by t0mby »

I don't think I've ever discussed PC since I returned back from Spazalaide but I did buy a Hotas and Elite Dangerous back in Nov/Dec. Maybe you guys are thinking about that.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

My bad, I have a GTX460, not a 480.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Sell your PS4 to fund a new GPU = problem solved.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

And what am I going to play God of War III remastered on? ;)
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

You cpu is still pretty good t0mby all you need is a new GPU.

If you don't want to spend too much, probably a GTX 960 might be the go, they go for around 250-300.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?mai ... s_id=30581" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You get a copy of the witcher 3 for PC included as well, effective cost of the card just went down $70. :)
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I would if I was staying here but I move to Qld on Thursday and can't see me having a gaming PC for a long time. :)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

t0mby wrote:And what am I going to play God of War III remastered on? ;)
You won't need to while you're playing Witcher 3 remastered.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I hope that was a joke regarding GOW3 remastered. Do we really need this, seriously? I played it on PS3 what 5 years ago or more and I don't think this game will benefit much from a remaster like TLOU or GTAV did.

Anyway back on topic.

Looking forward to the new patch that should be out very soon.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

flipswitch wrote:I hope that was a joke regarding GOW3 remastered. Do we really need this, seriously? I played it on PS3 what 5 years ago or more and I don't think this game will benefit much from a remaster like TLOU or GTAV did.
It was a joke, the original GoW III is still in my backlog of games I haven't started. :t0mby:
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Candy the point isn't that pc looks best, (I agree it looks best on the most expensive and least portable machine which you can't take around with you to a buddies place as easily as consoles) ....but that witcher 3 would be pc exclusive if cd projekt could get the numbers from master race gamers. Since you guys are used to pirating shit, emulating nintendo games for free with no money going to the creators of the content and most of your money being sunk into upgrades, It results in getting sloppy seconds treatment because smaller companies need the dough more than big companies like EA to make open world titles. So they target consoles for the core of the game. Then port upwards rather than downwards. Which is like taking old game and polishing the finished work rather than making the game from scratch to suit the more powerful system.

The solution to reversing the sloppy seconds treatment is if there were more master race gamers (impossible since consoles offer better online experience due to everyone being on equal ground - for instance everyone uses shit controls as standard) or the existing master race gamers paid more. (impossible since pc is the place to easily pirate games as they are poor guys who can't afford to buy the games full price)

If you want premium quality treatment you go console since the standards are much tougher on closed platforms where people demand to have bug free experiences. That's the difference between pc and console. We pay more for games but the money goes to polish the title so it feels like a finished work. Seal of quality bitch. PC gamers are used to paying nothing so all they see is ports of kiddy console crap lol. Just pay the developers more so they can hire more people who can do big budget games for pc that are superior to big budget games on console. But you guys won't do that since you are entitled teenage brats who want to leech content from us superior console gamers by demanding to see the same things on pc as that of console instead of getting your own original games. If I own console and pc I would prefer new games on pc that were big budget not old shit ported upwards from console that doesn't resemble the graphics in previews. See my point lizard brain? Being cheap means you have the dough to sink into upgrades for pc, but too disrespectful to pay premium for the content creators. That attitude needs to change. The best games are all on console. Why? Because of tightarses like you. You get free mods, pirated games, emulated stuff for free... you are used to paying nothing so progress in pc land is slow thanks to this attitude. It's no secret GTA, Witcher and many other once-pc exclusive titles (dragon age series) are now targeted to console kiddies. The reason is because the tightwads are too busy paying monthly fees to stupid mmo crap instead of buying proper games. Much like mobile gamers you are buying low tech games made on tight budgets rather than triple A games. We console gamers are buying premium stuff and paying for things like online gaming so we get premium experiences. This makes console the superior systems.
Last edited by GameHED on 26 May 2015 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

PCMasterrace is definitely growing not shrinking.
-------------------------------------
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Steam has been breaking new account and active users numbers every month now. PC market is doing great numbers.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

PC patch is out.
Rebinding any key is now available after switching Unlock Bindings option in Options \ Key bindings submenu.
Corrects an issue in the dialog system that might rarely cause dialog looping in scenes.
Fixes an issue with incorrect behavior of Wild Hunt warriors after they were under the influence of Axii sign.
Corrects a bug causing spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.
1280 x 720 resolution is now properly displaying as valid resolution option.
Fixes boat stuttering in cutscenes.
Texture rendering quality for high / ultra presets improved.
Further improvements in NVIDIA Hairworks performance.
A few additional Gwent cards are now available in the Prologue area.
Fixes an issue where users with usernames using non-latin characters were unable to import saves from Witcher 2.
Overall stability and performance improvements.
Fixes related to alt + tabbing and minimizing game window.
Game icon updated.
Enlarges the size of the loot pop-up window in the UI.
Fixes an issue where, in certain circumstances, the comparison window could be displayed outside of game borders in the UI.
Upgrading set items no longer destroys sockets.
Small UI tweaks for Gwent.
Corrects some missing translations in localized versions.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

GameHED wrote:I agree it looks best
Excellent! Looking forward to seeing what PC you build for yourself CrackHED. :bow: Master Race :bow:
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

When a pc compares itself to cheap hardware that is not something to be proud of. It is like a grown man being proud he can beat kids in arm wrestles. Those kids are probably way tougher than the adult when he was thier age. PC gamers are insecure so they treat console gamers as if they don't need them. Reality check for pc gamers: you bought your rig to play WoW which is uglier than wii games and without the console kids to get these great games you'd be stuck playing low budget titles not gta or witcher with massive worlds. Start spending money for triple A single player epic titles you freaks. The pc section at ebgames is tiny. Almost as tiny as wii u. Because the vast majority of pc gamers are not upgrading since they know they will get shafted by ubisoft, miss out on jrpg games, and have to beg for content. eg petition for dark souls scholar of the first sin to get ported.

https://www.change.org/p/bandai-namco-g ... -every-dlc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These are console games with ugly graphics. Seeing people beg to get kids games ported is embarassing. And tbe pc gamers want it free just like every spoiled kid without any thanks. Us console gamers never complain about the higher prices but you poor guys beg for free shit, that's why pc is doomed. To not be doomed, pc gamers need to start being ok with paying more so high quality shit that isn't port upwards of console games is made more often. This way owning pc actually shows progress in gaming overall not retreading where we have been before.
Last edited by GameHED on 26 May 2015 05:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Not sure if you've noticed, but you're in a thread about a triple-A single player epic title that we've all bought you fucking dingbat....well....all of us except you :lol:
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

The pc gamers hate console gamers when pc gamers are at fault because of the way they spend money. Many pc gamers are disapointed that the graphics look crap compared to previews. So that is why I say pc gamers are spoiled brats. Of course it looks like shit, because the console gamer funds the industry not the povo dude begging for freebies lol If they were ok spending big money on games, you would get red carpet treatment. Not sloppy seconds. This is why you have to put up with average visuals since companies are not going to alienate dudes who pay good money. PC gamers are looking to blame console scene because we don't have as much annoying drm as them and pointing the finger at retail which sells second hand shit. But the real problem is entitled people angry that companies prefer the platform that is most popular just because it's not thier fave system. How immature is that? "I will upgrade my card for pretty fx but don't you dare expect me to pay for the fucking game full price!" That attitude has caused companies to target the highest bidder which are the console kids. So visuals are kept ugly thanks to pc gamers who see paying good money for games as unusual.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Candy Arse wrote:Not sure if you've noticed, but you're in a thread about a triple-A single player epic title that we've all bought you fucking dingbat....well....all of us except you :lol:
Sup.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Bandai Namco replace one No1 with another as ‘The Witcher III: Wild Hunt’ replaces ‘Project Cars’ at the top of the All Formats chart.

In terms of sales it smashes the week 1 sell through of ‘Battlefield Hardline’ by 53% to become the biggest debut week for a title in 2015 so far. It matches the debut position of ‘The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings’, but ‘Witcher III’ also delivers an increase of 608% on the week 1 sales of its 2012 predecessor. Available across three formats, PS4 is the clear winner taking a 63% share.
36% on PC and 1% on Xbonx? ;)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

So the two guys posting in here the most are the trolls who have never played it. Fantastic.

Anyway I hope the game sells a gazillion copies, it's incredible.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

t0mby wrote:
Bandai Namco replace one No1 with another as ‘The Witcher III: Wild Hunt’ replaces ‘Project Cars’ at the top of the All Formats chart.

In terms of sales it smashes the week 1 sell through of ‘Battlefield Hardline’ by 53% to become the biggest debut week for a title in 2015 so far. It matches the debut position of ‘The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings’, but ‘Witcher III’ also delivers an increase of 608% on the week 1 sales of its 2012 predecessor. Available across three formats, PS4 is the clear winner taking a 63% share.
36% on PC and 1% on Xbonx? ;)
Majority of PC sales are digital these days.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Candy Arse wrote:So the two guys posting in here the most are the trolls who have never played it. Fantastic.
I'm not trolling The Witcher, looks fantastic and I've never said a negative word against the game.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Candy Arse wrote:So the two guys posting in here the most are the trolls who have never played it. Fantastic.
Just another typical day at the ranch. :D
flipswitch
que
que

Witcher 3 - Hype is REAL!

Post by flipswitch »

I recommend playing on the second hardest difficulty level over normal. On normal meditation replenishes your health making it too easy and less challenging. You'll be on your toes more with hard requiring you to use tactics. You could also try the hardest setting if you feel game.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

People still play games on Normal? What is this, Weaksauce Ranch?