Witcher 3 - Hype is REAL!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Re: Witcher 3 - Hype is REAL!

Post by Froggy »

flipswitch wrote:I recommend playing on the second hardest difficulty level over normal. On normal meditation replenishes your health making it too easy and less challenging. You'll be on your toes more with hard requiring you to use tactics. You could also try the hardest setting if you feel game.
Yeah that's what I'm playing it on. Taking a little while to get used to the combat and I have died a few times trying to kill things whilst on my horse but getting the hang of it now. The game though is fucking phenomenal, I just sit there and think that if I were in the team at the start of the process and the goal was a massive game like this I think the scope of it would just be so daunting that I'd think we'd never finish it. I'd be certain that somehow in some part of it we'd fuck it up in order to get the thing finished.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Currently playing it at 55 fps.

It's kinda... boring.
-------------------------------------
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

but are you playing it naked?

I don't care.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Ummm, no? :?

Actually the game gets much better very quickly, I just had to give it a chance to break off. Looking forward to playing some more tonite.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

naked?
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

got stung by the save bug on xbone yesterday. Put in a food 4 hours to find out that saving wasn't working and there was no way to save my progress at all, had to power cycle just to get it to load my previous save. Seems its xbone only issue but surely in q and a it would have happened for someone that it just randomly refused to save and now won't be patched until this upcoming week for the bone. Now I'm saving constantly before, during and after any event incase whatever triggers the saving to stop working happens and I go an hour or two and lose it.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

But GameHED said console games aren't bug-ridden like PC games and are developed to a higher standard?
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

There are problems on console, but they're actually PC's fault.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Again, removing ones clothes can improve the situation.

lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

In terms of direct platform-to-platform comparisons on patch 1.03, PS4 and Xbox One are both capped to 30fps now, but Microsoft's console does hold a steadier line on balance. In almost every segment of gameplay tested, the performance overhead on Xbox One prior to the patch now translates to a confident 30fps cap - and with far fewer stutters below. It's possible further optimisation on the Sony release could bring it up to speed, but for now Xbox One enjoys a noticeable advantage in terms of overall consistency.
:fight:

dat PS4 LOD :lol:

Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!
XBL ID: Burnzoire
Steam ID: Burnzoire

Post by Burnzoire »

Played a few hours of it so far - traveled to Valen but it seems I'm a bit under-leveled. Not that it seems to matter. I came across a large party of bandits that were several levels higher than me (skull icon on healthbar), but I was able to kill them all by using the mind control sign - it stuns them which allows you to execute them in one swing. Playing on hard - is this indicative of the whole game? Feels like I cheesed them all.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

The combat reminds me in a way of Ninja Gaiden - once you know what you're doing, know what you're going up against, are prepared with the right oils and spells.....and don't just spam attack and actually dodge etc you can lay a beat down provided you're not miles under-leveled. But the moment you get slack and try to spam you can get wiped out by a pack of Level 4 Drowners in about 5 seconds :lol:

:btw: this is GOTY until further notice. Amazing game. lol @ lestat claiming a victory for team Microsoft in the battle of 30fps. Think I'll stick with the PC version.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

All the bugs I have found got fixed with the xbone patch the other day. Im confident I want get stuck unable to save again
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Candy Arse wrote:So the two guys posting in here the most are the trolls who have never played it. Fantastic.

Anyway I hope the game sells a gazillion copies, it's incredible.

I ain't paying anyone anything until al the bug patches and other shit is fixed first. I want all the master race losers to encounter the bugs so that when they get one that erases all their progress I can know that when I finally play the thing, that it is a complete product and not a half finished work.

If this was on Wii U you wouldn't have to worry about the whole idea of fixes post release because the games would have the nintendo seal of quality. You on the other hand love to jump in early and experience the pain of games doing things they were not intended to do. They'll get my money...but after it's all tidied up.

I recently played Far Cry 4 and had to start my second run over again thanks to sloppy coders.

Clearly open world games are different to normal games. You can do stuff the developers had not intended for you to do which might break a game. So I like to hang back a bit and wait until the game is fully polished up. This is my new policy for big triple A open world shit. I value my free time. Got loads of other titles to get through first.

Not everyone is like you and buys games just so you can download a rape mod from sime sick pc gamer. Some of us care about quality of the game over that shit. We console gamers should be paid money from pc gamers for letting this game exist for them to even play since it wouldn't even exist on pc if it wasn't for us. PC gamers are the bums of the games community always begging game companies to please port their console release to pc lol. Have some self respect you losers. :down: These overworked coders can't serve everyone. We cosole gamers must take priority since we paid the premium. You guys get free mods and free fixes from the community and can play all the pirated roms of nintendo and sega games while we have to pay money. You freeloaders need to lick our nuts for saving you. Game companies wouldn't exist without us. BTW minecraft sold more on console than on pc showing that console is superior to pc. PC gamers are always whining about not having games look nicer and game companies are sick of your whining and complaining. The games look like shit to be able to sell to more people. That's business. How are the guys who don't upgrade going to be able to play the game if it has very high system requirements? They can't. And these greedy suits know they can make more money if they target low end people since both low end and high end machines will run the game meaning more sales and more money for them to reinvest into the sequels or other titles.

However.... if the whining pc gamers paid more money (not acted like mobile phone gamers) for the games, (so they can hire more people) the games would probably get more high budget feel to them where it tries to look as nice as the machines will let it and the title will get better scores because it tries to outdo all the titles on the market. Instead of just look ok which is what Witcher 3 does.

It looks only ok because the dudes who made it need to get it running at reasonable framerate on low end shit like console. They know they can't cater to the master race for a game this big, because you guys won't pay upfront and not in large enough numbers. (you are too busy giving activision and blizzard free money playing mmo crap)

Maybe you should have a system where you pay the company upfront and this would solve it. But I doubt you would do that. You are too spoilt. You don't want quality. So graphics have to get downgraded for companies to stay afloat.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Candy Arse wrote:But GameHED said console games aren't bug-ridden like PC games and are developed to a higher standard?
It's historical fact that when skyrim came out the pc version was far more buggy than console. Closed platforms are more stable and easier to fault-find.
PC has many different configurations so it's more messy overall. But you get less censorship. Console is still superior because console games punish you for doing dumb stuff and forcing you to redo old sections to correct your mistakes but pc games let you autosave anywhere which imo is cheating and explains why pc gamers are softcore gamers.

PC is mostly just an mmo box. It's introducing things that are bad for gaming like "Always online" as a DRM measure which I am scared wil infect console gaming. PC gamers want console gamers to suffer the same way they do by hopefuly making console gaming as unnatractive as possible so that people join master race. It's going to fail.. Consoles are still more portable. You can bring your little console to a mates house and poor college kids are not going to lug around a giant pc which is heavier and messier. They prefer smaller and compact and lighter. The graphics of most t sets is still the 1080p standard. As long as framerate is consistent people are happy with that. Especially slow paced rpg games that don't require quick reflexes. 30fps is fine. The reason diablo 3 was superior to Diablo 3 on pc was that it didn't have DRM measures like always online. This is why console gaming still rules. We are respected by greedy corporations because we pay more. So they see that as incentive to target things towards us since we don't complain and whinge about graphics looking shit all the time. (we can look past only "ok" graphics to play a game and not feel ripped off despite paying more)

As game companies go broke (konami is now turning to mobile gaming now, Kojima will have to make small indie games now) and budgets rise you will see less and less unique high quality big budget games. This is because pc gamers used to give a crap about not being the ones to get sloppy seconds treatment. Now they are ok being treated like crap and settling for ports of old console shit. In the old days it was the other way around. Console gamers would envy pc gamers and hope pc games would get ported to console. Things have changed. You guys need to start paying more money if you want to see large world games like Witcher aimed for high end systems. Why for istance is there no Dark Souls style game on pc that is built from the ground up to look good? Why do you need to leech off console to get console game ports? There is nothing stopping companies making far better games on pc but they won't. Because you guys are going to pirate it. lol Which is why console is superior.

Closed platforms offer stability because coders can concentrate all their efforts tapping into the hardware properly rather than worrying about whether the game will stil run ok on low end pc which wastes time. With closed platform everything is the same. Less thinking is involved and work gets done faster. Meaning more games. More games means more money. More money means more funding for sequels. More funding for sequels = a big budget feel to the games. Got it? PC is doomed unless you guys start demanding quality big budget games and paying upfront. This is the only solution. You pay them upfront like your trying to get someone to make a tailor-made suit, they recieved money to pay for the stuff to make the thing you want. And then the stuff is made and sent to you custom made for the pc with certain specs at the highest quality that can attain for that machine you use. This way there is less risk. If not enough people pay upfront then the project doesn't go ahead. And the money is sent back to those who paid upfront.

When I buy limited edition macross models/toys, this is what I do so that the guys making it can know in advance how many to make, and then not worry if it sells or doesn't sell. They already got the money so they just make it and it gets to the people that wanted it. Any future sales of more of the same is pure profit. (because all the people who paid upfront to get it, have paid for its production and there is no more new work to be done after that point.)

They are doing something like this for the Senran Kagura sequel on 3ds.
You preorder and put the money upfront and then I think you can get physical release. This minimises risk.
PC gamers need to accept we the console gamers are the honest people and most hardcore. You guys are wannabe gamers who just want to see consoles die off because of jealousy. That's it! You are angry that you have to beg for shit lol

Witcher started out as pc series.
port came to console.
Now it's a series that wouldn't exist if the sales from console didn't fund the open world sequel.

PC gamers: entitled. want big budget games for $1 each.
Console gamers: honest and hardworking people who will pay a fair price and rewarded with superior content.

Facts man. Don't try to argue about it and just accept it! :P And you can argue about second hand sales all you want but most good games that are replayable like Mario Kart, Elder Scrolls etc I don't see in the preowned bins at EB games.
Last edited by GameHED on 03 Jun 2015 12:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

This game is great!

So beautiful and so artful.

Playing it with a controller, rugged up in bed on a big tele in the middle of winter when it's cold outside is truly great gaming.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

GameHED wrote:I recently played Far Cry 4 and had to start my second run over again thanks to sloppy coders.
PC version?
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

itch wrote:This game is great!

So beautiful and so artful.

Playing it with a controller, rugged up in bed on a big tele in the middle of winter when it's cold outside is truly great gaming.
Good thing about a controller is you can have it under your blankets and operate it.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I operate my controller under my blanket on a fairly regular basis.

... we're talking about our penis right?
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

This GAME! It has consumed me for the last 2 weeks... Going to be hard to top this bad boy for my GOTY!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Yep it's incredible. Bloody Baron storyline....
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

28hrs in, and like candy still doing the BB quest - just arrived in Oxenfurt! What change of scenery. Brilliant game, up there with the best. I just hope I finish this before fallout 4 and MGSV.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Installing my GOG copy now :up:
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

pilonv1 wrote:Installing my GOG copy now :up:
:up: Be good to compare to your rig when your up and running!
pilonv1
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Will do, going to start with stock G1 and see how that goes (at 1440p). Only really testing it with Project CARS right now, everything else has been low demands GPU wise.