Kingdom Come: Deliverance (PC, PS4, Xbox One, 13/02/18)

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Less than a month to go. No Alex Ross :(

I love my overly-ambitious Eastern European games (I've recently discovered the word 'Eurojank' is used to describe them :| ) but I haven't heard much about this one until recently.

There's a 16 minute overview video within this article published yesterday

There might be a bit too much micromagament for my liking (bandaging wounds, eating etc) but the developers have done a lot of boasting about emergent AI which is something that always fascinates me.

I don't think we'll see 10/10 reviews, but I'm hoping for solid 7s or 8s and a lot of post-release support to squash the bugs. It's not something I'll pick up at launch because of the high likelihood of a buggy launch, but in a few months time who knows?

I'm hoping it's not a disaster. I need me another overly-ambitious, single player game that may bite off more than it can chew, but where you just can't help but admire what they've tried to pull off :)
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
flipswitch
que
que

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance (PC, PS4, Xbox One, 13/02/18)

Post by flipswitch »

I’ve had one eye on this one, regularly checking for new videos on YT, but I’m not 100% convinced on it. Could be a Witcher 3 alternative but it lacks the polish and looks a tad generic. Movement and first person combat and the constant head-bobbing is a recipe for nausea.

I think a 7/10 sounds about right.

If I were to buy it ( which I might) it will on PC - future mod support should it receive any will be a huge bonus.
Ambrose Burnside

Oh definitely 100% a PC purchase.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

This looks up my alley.

And the DC Kingdom Come is one of the best comic stories ever.
Ambrose Burnside

Was the first graphic novel I ever read and the first I then went on to purchase too. Love it.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Didn’t know there was a novel - goes to show how little I know about it.

I’m willing to give it a go come release.
Ambrose Burnside

It's not related to the game flip:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Come_(comics)
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

You had me at eurojank
Ambrose Burnside

So it looks like there will be a 23GB day one patch when it releases this week.

Buggy release: confirmed!
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Not a big budget title though.

Wasn't this a kickstarter game like Elite?

Support the little guys. Stop buying EA trash only. (*cough* Mass Effect Andromeda *cough* :D )
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Ambrose Burnside

Oh yeah, still keen, but:
Ambrose Burnside wrote:I don't think we'll see 10/10 reviews, but I'm hoping for solid 7s or 8s and a lot of post-release support to squash the bugs. It's not something I'll pick up at launch because of the high likelihood of a buggy launch, but in a few months time who knows?
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Seems to be getting positive impressions by SJW retards on resetera: :up:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kingdo ... -op.22536/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Look at the warning in the OP. Holy shit they even think the maker of the game is nazi. Fuck these people. We need to have a new war where they are forced to fight in one to understand the sacrifices the World War II generation had to go through to ensure you had constitutional freedoms. :lol: :lol: No wonder we can't see who the enemy was in Dunkirk and how it had to be censored. These sissies get offended by absolutely anything. (note they killed an existing thread already)

https://www.resetera.com/goto/post?id=4 ... st-4414280" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Why isn't there the OT already? It's 72 hours before release.

Anyway, I love it more and more as more I play. When the game opens up after 9 hours, it's so f'n beautiful. Did a sidequest now where I have to catch birds and it is just fun walking to these beautiful woods and enjoying the game mechanics. Right now, it could be a serious GOTY contender for me if it continues to keep me sucked in to his world.

The OST is incredible.

I did huge postings about other things of the game, fighting, frame pacing problems, survival aspect, gifs and more twice so I won't repeat it here until the OT comes, but if you want to read about that, here is the direct link:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kingdo ... st-4402670" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh, also, I did a fist fighting sidequest and I think this is the very first time a video game implemented the heaviness and the outcome of such a fight this perfectly. Had the third fight of the quest and while I successfully beat my opponent, my body was hurt, my life and stamina was cut in half and my clothes were broken down to around 40-0% durability which you can even see cause the clothes literally get dirty and torn. You can feel that your character had a fist fight with a real human person and you can't do that against 3 other people at the same time or right after, it was the perfect feeling. I hope this won't change later when I have more skill and everything, but at this point, it felt amazing.

More pictures and gifs are coming later.
Sounds great. Would love a game like this but set in space where you are an elite space knight and get into one vs one lightsaber/beamsaber duels to settle disputes. By limiting how many can attack you at once the game can focus on depth within the close combat fighting and less mashing. But it has to be set in a society that has code of honor where good guys never try to go for easy hits or it won't work well.
If you live near an EBgames and it sucks you know what you can do..

other detailed impressions for those on the fence:
Well I played about 5 or 6 hours of this game on my Xbox One X once the 21.75 GB Day One update a.k.a. actual game install (since nothing but 162 MB is installed from the disc) and my conclusion is that this is a good game overall but not without some issues.

For one, the game is stable but the framerate is certainly not a consistent 30 fps on console. There is very noticeable judder when panning the camera and the game goes from feeling smooth indoors, where there's obvious less to draw, to being a bit jerky outdoors. It's not unplayable but if you're sensitive to framerate variance then you will definitely notice it. There are also graphical glitches; I saw what looked like black outlines flickering around buildings a few times and some janky weirdness with camera angles in a few of the cutscenes.

Otherwise, visually the game is pleasant rather than stunning. going for a more realistic look to the world such that buildings and the countryside tend to look samey because they are all in the same locale. Character models are acceptable; some look quite good, especially in the cutscenes, but others can look alarmingly last generation, not helped by some poor facial animations and that classic "dead eyed" look. It's leagues ahead of, say, Skyrim but not quite up to the benchmark standard set by The Witcher 3 IMO. Once I got used to that though, then I started to appreciate the attention to detail elsewhere; you have a physical body in this game, you see your hand closing/opening doors (and as far as I am aware they only open/close one way unlike many other games that have doors that open in *and* out!), when picking up items in first person (collecting plants is shown third-person for some reason) and so on. There's a real sense of being the person you are playing and I really like that. Of course, it's not without hiccups such as occasional clipping but it's certainly a cut above other first-person games IMO. Impressive.

Combat is interesting. There's an attempt to make the fighting more realistic than other RPGs and it works well for the most part, relying on stamina and strength so you cannot just keep repeatedly stabbing buttons to win. Fighting with your fists also feels very different to using a sword, as you would expect, and it works well in first-person. I did have a bow but couldn't work out how to actually fire it I'm embarrassed to say! Everything you do in the game, increases some stat of other; speaking to people in a positive way increases the Speech ability, collecting plants increases the Herbalist ability, fighting increases Strength and so on. Pretty much like how a Bethesda Elder Scrolls games works.

The first few hours of the game have a lot of cutscenes but thankfully the story and writing is good and the voice acting mostly decent with some characters being better than others but that's par for the course in any modern RPG. The only voices I found jarring where the American accents but to be fair even English ones are really out of place since this is set in mainland Europe, in the kingdom of Bohemia, not the England anyway. The numerous cutscenes are well done apart from the odd camera hiccup (as mentioned) and the dialogue mostly well-written. The opening section has a set number of quests that need to be done, which introduce you to the game mechanics, but the choice of how to do them is surprisingly varied. For example, I watched a walkthrough while the game was installing and I played it in a totally different way to that YouTuber (ESO). Characters react to what you've done, how you look (for example commenting on if you are dirty from a fight!) and you get different dialogue choices and things you can do depending on the progress of the quests. You also need to eat and sleep. Food you collect can apparently go off although I haven't played that long to come across it. You can get dirty and there are places you can bathe! I washed myself in a trough for example but was told that I'd need to take a bath to get fully cleaned!

Of course, the opening section is set within a small area and eventually leads to a pre-set situation that takes you to the next part of the game. This section I had issues with as it is basically (without wanting to spoil it too much) where you have to get a horse and then ride to the next town. This section was immensely frustrating because you are being pursued and the horse has stamina which eventually runs out. You cannot just go anywhere either, you have to go to this specific town and, obviously, being new to the game I had absolutely no idea where that actually was. If you slow down, which happens because the length of the ride is longer than the horse has stamina for, then you get shot and can die here. It took me five attempts to complete this, not helped by the fact that the game auto-saves at a point before you reach the horse so you have to repeat lengthy sections each time. You can save manually here though before the chase but that was something I only found out after dying several times. I found this section very poorly executed and annoying to be honest because it is forced on the player and there is no way to avoid it. There is no choice in how you can tackle it; you cannot fight the pursuers, you cannot take a different route, you have to stick to this one route and hope that you reach the cutscene trigger point to the next town before you get killed. Utterly horrid IMO.

After a brief section in this new area (which you can explore more if you want) and several more lengthy cutscenes, you then head to a certain location and the game's cinematic opening credits appear (yes, five hours into the game!). After that you seem to be granted more freedom from this point on to explore and do quests. There's a lot to like about this game; the attention to historical detail is really impressive (with a HUGE Codex section that constantly adds new things as you come across them), the story and cutscenes are very good and the focus on making the game more realistic makes it stand out from Oblivion/Skyrim which it otherwise resembles in many ways (minus their magic/fantasy elements). The combat is interesting so far, I've not played enough to properly comment on whether it's good or bad overall, plus the game has options to avoid combat if you choose to play it that way. In fact, early on in the game a character specifically mentions talking your way out of situations rather than fighting.

I think the game shows a lot of potential from what I've played so far. It's not perfect, the game was made with a $5 million budget, I believe, so there are plenty of rough edges to be seen in every aspect of the game; NPCs can get stuck on scenery, they can clip through each other and the framerate isn't great but the ambition on show is very commendable and it's definitely a cut above "low-budget" RPG fare like, say, ELEX and the Risen franchise. The game world, for the most part, feels like a real place and it's easy to get immersed in it, something that is essential for any good RPG in my experience. There are some oddities though, perhaps as a result of trying to make the game more realistic (yes, that word again) and that it that there is surprisingly little loot that can be picked up apart from food. There are lots of chests but almost all of them are locked, requiring lockpicks and a mini-game to open. I got a lockpick at one point but could not work out how to use it (duh!) so I suspect the contents of most of those chests is going to be out of reach until I figure that out. Dead guards can be looted for armour and weapons but most dead NPCs seem to have two items, usually food of some kind. Most barrels cannot be looted and I've yet to come across any money from robbing houses or chests. Some people may welcome that though; sometimes there's a tendency to have too much loot to collect in games but here in seems too much the other way. Six hours in and I still had no real money for example (there is a bartering system however that allows you to sell stuff against bought ones).

The one thing that stands out in this game above all other RPGs I've played is how much the developers have tried to make everything in the game world realistic in some way while still allowing for role-playing elements. This may not be to everyone's liking, some may find the game dull because of the focus on realism and historical accuracy, but I am finding it very interesting so far.
This game is GOTY contender if you can get over the dated looks.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Tutorial for those who are curious about the various things in the game:
Realism man. The HEMA neckbeards will probably buy this day 1.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I caved and bought it. Pre loading now on steam. Should unlock in a few hours apparently.

Don’t forget to install the new nvidia drivers.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I'm pre-loading as well!
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

Sounds like a first person Risen. I'm sitting tight until I see some reviews.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Should unlock in an hour.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

The game looks alright until they start they start taking. Should’ve kept more aside for voice talent.
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

Is it proper janky?
Ambrose Burnside

From IGN's review in progress:
Towns, farms, and logging camps are all laid out with a strong internal logic and built on a scale that makes sense, as opposed to the standard RPG city in a game like Skyrim that’s designed to feel large, but really isn’t
Combat has a significant learning curve, but I’ve found it to be a lot of fun the more I’ve gotten the hang of it. Most of the times developers have tried to create a “realistic” first-person melee system, the result has been the next best thing to unusable. But Warhorse’s designers seem to have struck the right balance here: sword fights have a nice tempo and reward technical skill, quick thinking, and most of all patience, but don’t feel cumbersome or incomprehensible. While my character does level up and gains new perks, I feel like the main thing allowing me to take on tougher enemies is that I, the player, am learning new techniques and progressing toward mastery of the mechanics. And in cases where I’ve found myself outclassed, a good majority of quests have a nonviolent solution.
The story up to this point has been gritty, engrossing, and complex, though it tends to fall back on some old-fashioned ideas of medieval historiography in a couple of places. The focus is very small-scale. I find myself solving problems in the margins of a larger conflict involving two half-brothers competing for the throne, which is actually kind of refreshing in the wake of so many fate-of-the-world adventures.
Deliverance has been delivering its own share of technical issues, as well. Most noticeably so far is the way that in many dialogue scenes my character has inexplicable missing polygons on his neck, exposing whatever is behind him to the camera.
There’s a lot to take in and by my own estimate, I’m only a bit less than halfway through the main story. My overall impression so far is pretty positive. The amount of work that’s gone into the worldbuilding and depictions of medieval society (with a couple exceptions) is downright impressive. Little touches that ground me (like the fact that having dirt on your clothes lowers your persuasiveness when talking to the nobility, forcing you to actually do laundry sometimes) are highly appreciated and help transport me more fully to the era being depicted.
Source
Ambrose Burnside

GameHED

Post by GameHED »

My fave youtube reviewer uploads his review (this guy is so underrated, the guy never sleeps and never late plus no ads):
Bugs spoil a good game.

Obsidian, bethesda, and this developer seem to love leaving them in and fixing after. Best to wait for patches if thats a dealbreaker. Not everyone can be as good as nintendo and make a bug free open world game at day 1 and get it right first go. :P Master race pc tards should be used to this, but console peasants have lower tolerance level for it. But ever since Mass Effect andromeda the bar was lowed and perhaps its to be expected with simultaneous release to al systems.

You forgot the other pages of the guide Ambrose:
Spoiler!
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... ngdom_Come
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... and_Tricks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... ain_Quests" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... cted_Visit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-deliverance/Run" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;!
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... Homecoming" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... /Awakening" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... Fight_Easy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... _the_Peace" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... e/The_Prey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... unt_Begins" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... n_a_Pickle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... e/Crafting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... ce/Alchemy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... ce/Hunting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... ce/Weapons" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... ong_Swords" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... ard_Swords" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... ort_Swords" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-deliverance/Axes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-deliverance/Maces" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... ce/Shields" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... e/Polearms" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-deliverance/Bows" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... pty/Arrows" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... ce/Unarmed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... ty/Daggers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... pty/Sabres" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-deliverance/Armor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... late_armor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... /Chainmail" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... e/Gambeson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... Brigandine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... llar_armor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... Characters" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-deliverance/Henry" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... zig_Kobyla" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... of_Bohemia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... of_Hungary" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... Charles_IV" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... f_Talmberg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... Sir_Robard" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... f_Habsburg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... in_Bernard" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... mpty/Fritz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... Hans_Capon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... h_of_Leipa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... _Rosenberg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... y's_father" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... f_Jenstein" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... of_Moravia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... y/John_Hus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... of_Lamberg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... rad_Keyser" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... pty/Kunesh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... ty/Matthew" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... y/Matthias" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... edict_XIII" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... e/Factions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-deliverance/Cumans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... ce/Bandits" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... ty/Farmers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... hopkeepers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-deliverance/Map" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... /Locations" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-deliverance/Rataje" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... e/Samopesh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-deliverance/Vranik" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-deliverance/Neuhof" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... e/Auschitz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-deliverance/Sazava" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... e/Merhojed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... ibislavitz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... e/Talmberk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... er_Skalice" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... /Ledetchko" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... ben_Estate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... mpty/Rovna" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... _Monastery" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... erg_Castle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... the_Empire" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... ce/Bohemia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... man_Empire" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-deliverance/Combat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... bat_System" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-deliverance/Quests" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... _the_scent" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... _fresh_air" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... n_chivalry" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... ibyslavitz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... Locked_out" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... Lost_sheep" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... Lost_sword" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... Neighbours.." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... y/On_guard" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;!
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... ck_bastard" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... _in_smithy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://au.ign.com/wikis/kingdom-come-de ... hievements" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by GameHED on 14 Feb 2018 10:21 am, edited 9 times in total.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

PhoneMonkey wrote:Is it proper janky?
It is. The characters I watched appeared to be NPCs though so perhaps there’s decent talent for main characters. For a game that presents very conventionally with visuals and orchestral music matching the period it jars to hear voices trying to act when they can’t. Witcher 1 was rough around the edges but the voice talent at the time did well to not exceed their range and keep it fairly monotone which made it work overall.

Maybe this will be their Witcher 1 and they’ll have the opportunity to emulate CDPR with higher production sequels.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Heh, then I go and read Brian Blessed himself is in it. Maybe it’s brilliant after all.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Prologue complete. So far so good. :thumbsup:

Writing is good, quests so far have been fun.

It’s better than I’d thought it would be. I was under the impression that’s a buggy, unplayable mess.Playing on the High settings to retain 60fps. Yes, this game requires some decent muscle to run it maxed out “Ultra High.

Can’t see any difference in texture quality going from High to Ultra High. The game still looks very go on just High. Nice lighting and GI. You can also adjust LOD/Foilage distance but it takes a performance hit.

When I first loaded the game and maxed everything to Ultra High and performance was bad, stutters and my fans were constantly at full speed. Something I can try to run when I upgrade.
There’s tons of dialogue options, and just as much ways to complete any given quest.
There’s a codex that’s constantly updating as you learn or discover things. There is a huge amount of information on everything that could do your head in.

Lockpicking can be tricky. I broke most of mine and I hope they make it easier, or explain it better,

Few mods out already, such as save instantly. Won’t be touching mods yet.