Fallout 4!!!!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Re: Fallout 4!!!!

Post by Cletus »

look at my dog right at the end of the clip. He looks ferocious as all fuck. :up:
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

I only wear leather armor to stay sneaky and quiet. But I modded the armor to girded leather armor and also modded it to have pocketed features so I can carry more. It's a bit heavier now but higher energy weapon defense and ballistic defense - I don't plan on getting hit as often as long as I remain hidden.) The real joy is getting lighter materials so you get high damage resistance without the heavier weight which makes you slow.

How I play now is if I get damaged I immediately use cannibalism perk to eat a dead body to regain health. Not so good yet against non'humans but there are more ranks.

High endurance is a must for me as I run like hell towards them to punch them in the face and use power moves a lot. (drains your AP) Without the Endurance maxed, I would lose opportunities to stagger. Useful against people with guns who can't block.)

So far my abilities are that I can absorb radiation to heal me, and feed on dead bodies, and run fast without losing AP quickly.
To compensate for low damage resist I intend to get toughness perk all filled up. (this is perfect for martial artist type character that need speed and stealth more than relying on eqiupment for protection)

Much more fun to rush enemies like crazy than gun people down so far. I let Dogmeat do all the distracting and I sneak. If detected I shoot legs with pistol, (very light and quick to draw and reload weapon) then smash them with fists.

Given that I choose close combat I don't need high accuracy weapons with long barrels attached (just adds weight and slows down head shot) just fast reloading weapons that can hit faces of enemies multiple times to increase the chances of ruining thier senses before bashing thier faces in with fist-based power moves. (knuckle weapons are fast)

Grenades then become my finisher. (useful against armored stuff)
Then if I need more AP I eat stuff to run away, then hide to buy time to regenerate HPand AP. If enemy can't see me I go for sneak attack again (plant explosive in thier pockets).

Rinse and repeat until enemy is dead. For rushdown enemies with high strength) I cheat a bit by changing armor with High damage resistance based on the enemy to lessen the blow a bit. Not realistic but it's a good way to beat the tough ones if you are running low on stimpacks.

So far I am friendly with the minutemen. I mostly act nice like the guy in Steel Dawn. Sometimes I cut peoples heads off with machete and drag the heads around to stuff shit into them as draggable containers when my encumbrance reaches its max. Dragging a whole body makes you walk slow but dragging just a head means you can move a large amount of loot quickly from one place to another.

Strength is important for me to finish enemy in less hits so that if there are groups of enemy I spend as little time as possible being hit by them rather doing the hitting. If you can do high damage in single focused hits and run from one target to another quickly, you finish the fight earlier, and taking less overall damage per encounter. So long as you keep moving the option to run and then hide is always there, then you go back to the dead guys and eat them to regain health if there are no beds nearby. You become the 'Self sufficient survivalist'. My charisma is very low so prices for shit is high and living off the land is the way of the wandering street fighter. If you like exploring you travel light. You sneak at nightime when people are asleep. If in battle you eat what you kill. No haggling for cheap stimpacks. No having to find beds. Just use the surroundings to sustain you. My guy doesn't take drugs or drink alcohol, but only pure water to keep his body in top shape and mind alert so he can react to molerat ambush tactics faster. (loves to cook meals from this animal)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

That's actually pretty funny...I never thought to use a head as a container.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Wow a post worth reading from GameHED. What's the world coming to?

My character is a ranger build - maxing out stealth as well as gun nut, science and armour for when I want to put on some power armour and rip shit apart with a minigun. I've also leveled up my luck and have a few levels of Grim Reaper's sprint. Loved that perk in Fallout 3 and love it here as well.

Got myself a gauss gun last night. That thing is AMAZING.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Cletus wrote:That's actually pretty funny...I never thought to use a head as a container.
Yes it's a great little trick if you are role playing as a weakling who cant carry much due to being stealthy guy who prefers to pickpocket, or use charisma to find ways to prevent confilict instead of using brute force. If negotiations fail you either run (holding the dead guy's head as a container full of hundreds of kilos worth of loot) or put away weapon and sprint to a hiding location using speed and then try sneaking again.

Most dungeons are tiny in new games so dragging a head is pretty useful. If you engage in combat just let go of the head and drop it on the ground while you fight. Dump the loot inside the head and you can technically transport any heavy object you want without the penalty of slowing down your walking speed.

One thing to keep in mind in these games is if you kill loads of bad guys and leave the bodies on the ground without looting them, they may disappear when you come back. So make sure to take the loot from the bodies, chuck them inside a head, then transfer the loot from the head into a fixed container (usually the one right near the dungeon entrance) so that when you come back to the dungeon, even if the bodies disappear, you can still loot the fixed container of all the men you killed.

it goes in this order of quality of best container to worst container:

1. container at bases ( permanently yours. items won't go away)

2. fixed container which are public (items will stay in there for a long enough time for you to revist and take everything out of them in multiple runs. But over time these containers respawn items in them which clears out what was previously inside them )

3. a dead body container (these will disappear over time so if you don't loot the dead guy's bodies and they disappear, you lose all the stuff they carried. Not as good as a fixed container. But lets you use body parts so you can move the container around a dungeon like a shopping trolley :lol: Dead bodies are like the "temp folder" you create on your computer when in a rush to dump some files into a spot before emptying them into the location you want them to be)

So to keep everything:

you use a dead guy's head with you in the dungeon, (hold x on ps4 controller to drag object) then when you fight, drop it on the floor. (usually it's the head of the first guy you kill in the dungeon)
Then loot the bodies of dead things you just killed and transfer all that shit inside the head.
Then bring the head to the next area with you. (the head acts like a shopping trolley. You don't carry a trolley you roll it with you where you go and put items into it)
Repeat the above steps while you kill new things and explore.

When all enemies in a dungeon are dead, go to the dungeons entrance. Take as much as you can carry (don't forget there are drugs that boost strength and outfits that boost your strength to increase your encumbrance to hold more) and put the rest of the loot which you can't carry on your back which is inside the head, into a fixed container (this way if the body+dead guy's head disappears, you can still loot the fixed container which is usually an entire dungeons worth of stuff) and fast travel home to dump the loot on your back into the home base. Fast travel back to dungeon and loot everything you left in the fixed container. Then fast travel home and dump the remining crap into your home once more to finish the loot run. Having a companion will speed up the loot process since they can carry loot too. If you can't do it in two runs just keep fast travelling back and forth until it's all taken.

This lets you get rich without having to use all the strong back perks or other things (like having high strength to carry more weight) It's always a good idea to save the game before you fast travel back just in case the loot in the fixed container disappears or the bodies disappear. (over time anything in a fixed container that you don't own may have items respawn inside them which clears out anything that was previously inside it)
Save all the bloody time. It's the best way to avoid losing things when the game decides it wants loot to vanish.

The reason I use this tactic is mostly to avoid boredom not because I want realistic RPG experience. I think looting needs to change so that we have some kind of equivalent to the horse and cart in daggerfall. If someone can make a board with wheels on it and handles that can attach to a creature or group of creatures to pull the load home, that would be great. Something that, like a companion can be ordered to do a task while you do other things to speed up the pace of the game. In monster hunter when you hunt a monster in your village wilderness area, you can report all the things you killed to the villagers on your way back, and then they go and auto-loot all the dead bodies FOR you and this translates into resources for your village from all the dead hunted creatures you killed. (this is known as "village resources" and similar to fallout these village resources you build up can be used for projects to be worked on inside the village, say for example upgrading the farm so it give better yield, or upgrading the fishing boats that are used to hunt sea monsters which when killed also drop resources from sea areas)

The horse and cart would be the equivalent of the "report all hunted monsters to the village elder"/auto-loot function in monster hunter so OTHER people do the looting for you so you can concentrate on the exciting stuff which is to fight the monster and not on delivering all the items back to base/village. (slow and boring)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I found and joined The Railroad. They appear to have GameHED working for them - Tinker Tom, a conspiracy nutjob.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

OK...I've now seen a UFO crashing...time to find the location....
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Ok...the gauss rifle is potentially overpowered. I've upgraded it a little and put a scope on there.

Sneak attack headshot on a legendary deathclaw = 50% health gone.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Hurry up modders and fix that shit. I made sure the player characters intelligence is low (you gain little experience so levelling up feels like a big event now) so I feel really weak against enemies and it becomes scary. I use up loads of med x everytime i see tough creatures. If I can kill them i feast on thier body. This is sustainable living. No radiation from eating most dead things and no cooking so no need to romance females to make me sandwiches.

Have you found legendary weapons yet? I want to kill stuff in power armor once I get bored of stabbing people in the anus. Too easy for me. I looked at the map in the giude book and according to it all the toughest enemies hang out right at the southern-most and eastern-most edge of the world map. So if you want a challenge this is where to go to test your best gear.

What level are you? As you go up in levels the tougher versions of regular monsters appear in enemy encounters. Since it takes me ages to level up I have to rely on companion to distract enemies a lot while I shoot legs to slow enemies and then grenade them to death. (tough enemies) Weak guys I save ammo by punching them with armor piercing knuckle weapons. ( I switch to that against robots while using the bladed knuckles modification against unarmoured enemies to cause bleeding which I assume acts like setting them on fire by doing continuous damage after impact even while they or you is running from battle. poison is the same in most games)

Of yeah if you get the welding goggles, put them on dogmeat. He can wear them and it boosts perception by 1. Same with bandanna. When you command him to inspect dead bodies he put loot in his mouth and drops it on the ground. Might be useful if you only fight at range and don't want to mpve out of cover just to see what is inside a body. (just use scope from distance to look without moving. Some enemies will ambush like mirelurks if you go near)
Last edited by GameHED on 04 Dec 2015 03:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

You sure do level up quick in the game, nothing like the witches 3 for instance.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Candy Arse wrote:OK...I've now seen a UFO crashing...time to find the location....
What happened with this?
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Probably got abducted, anal probed and the alien blaster was left behind with his naked body on the irradiated grass as a reward for the fuck with the aliens who will use his sperm to create hybrid human-aliens which will act as future spies for the aliens on earth.
Don't speak about it again. Rape stories like that are only for the japanese hentai manga comic writers.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Haven't found the UFO crash site yet. I've been sidetracked doing companion missions which are pretty damn cool.

GameHED I'm around Level 34 if memory serves correct.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Ok the level 45+ monsters are right at the edge of the map. Since there is no level cap it means you can technically make yourself into a god if the idea of raping everyone in the game is your idea of fun. Personally I like being scared of dying so I rely on medicine like Med-X to act as my virtual armor. (armor that doesn't slow down speed, speed which I need since my knuckle weapon is not a group damage melee weapon but only one-to-one meaning I have to work faster than normal close combat guys if there is multiple targets at once attacking)

I think if they make aliens a constant into this game, they should let us have psychic powers/mental telepathy or some shit to act like magick for fallout series. Make that a perk so you can communicate to the alien and that unlocks skills like reading the mind of the npc to say the right thing etc (the equivalent to hacking pc more easily to get the password) The telepath skiill/perk would make conversations really interesting and if someone hates your guts you instantly know how to get them to like you by offering them a gift or something that you know they like to unlock quests you wouldn't have been able to do if you didn't have the telepath perk. (psycho powers are governed by perception stat so you can make a alien cult leader character with high charisma to charm people, and the perception to read the minds of those followers who want to assassinate you in secret to be the new leader and order guards to kill him before he murders you. If a deathclaw is coming to get you, you hypnotise the monster and turn it against your enemies. The telepath wouldn't have to lay a physical finger on his enemies but like mages he would be vulnerable physically and alien technology would be his defense - alien ufo can be summoned as an attack to shoot targets for you like a laser airstrike)
Last edited by GameHED on 04 Dec 2015 05:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Well to be fair the gauss gun is raping fools because I'm also getting sneak attack head shots so double damage with a gun that I've already upgraded :lol:

I went through the Glowing Sea this morning. One thing I love about this game is how varied the landscape and environments are. Also the weather effects are really cool.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

The glowing sea is creepy as
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

ign discussion on FO4 (no spoilers)
Time limits on quests were in daggerfall. Another thing they cut out of new games. Time limits were a way to punish you for taking too long to complete quests which added realism to npcs. Even Zelda Majora's mask had that. Another reason why newer bethesda games being stripped of cool stuff is lessening realism a bit and why mods are needed for console version.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

So what followers are the best in this game?

I heard they can use power armour without fusion core?

Since I use dogmeat I never bothered to check.

Dude in power armour armed with minigun would be my second choice of partner for my sneaky fast guy build. But I like the idea of a companion that doesn't give a fuck that I eat corpses and judge my decisions. It's an extra thing to worry about (what does the human think about me?) and I prefer the lone wanderer lifestyle (ie mad max type guy) over a co-dependent wimp who begs for approval from others because he is too pathetic to do stuff himself. (to me that's like playing hard difficulty on your first playthrough)

Just as a sidenote I hear you can get the benefits of lone wanderer perk with dogmeat as companion. The dog doesn't count as a party member. That may help some of you who still want a pet but prefer to be self-sufficient guy/girl who goes solo for most of the game. (i recommend it because of the shit AI)

edit:
yep according to wiki it's true
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Lone_Wanderer_(perk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

More carry weight and less damage is part of the package. Doesn't make sense though. Do wanderers have access to invisible ghost camels to help them carry loot around better than other people? It isn't explained why.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Yeah can confirm, using Lone Wanderer perk and primarily run around with Dogmeat.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

shishkabab GET!
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

So far I haven't encountered major bugs. Killed a prototype trolley robot thing (those ones that look like they have office chair legs with roller on the feet)

As soon as I saw a Fatman on the robot disposal dump I knew there was going to be a tough encounter. Used it up on the robot to take out half its health bar then kept spamming grenades and finishing it with power slams. The first thing I'm going to need is tough limbs perk. Can't afford to get crippled in the legs too often.

That's what I like about exploring you can find enemies tougher than you to guage how much progress you need to survive. Too many games are scared to make players feel vulnerable. Since I have low damage resistence every action I take means something. Of course the robot is way slower than me but it hits really hard so I got to judge exact distance and time my power punch right as it approaches and not after. (by then its too late and you get hitstunned. You want to stagger the robot so he gets the delay not you)

Surviving with shit gear makes each encounter feel almost like boss fight. But then because you are weak you focus ever more trying to understand its weaknesses which makes you better at the game and conserve time in fights which then allows you the skill of killing more targets per unit of time. (the weakness in this case is it's back. Using its slow turning speed is key. Once you hit the weak point, it's stunned for a few secs. Throwing mines on the floor helped too.)

Had to use med x again but if I had to fight again I think I could kill it without getting hit.

Found a second t-45 (these are pretty lousy models) power armor nearby too. They really want to push that shit in the game a lot. They are as common as dragon encounters in skyrim now.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Found a t-51 power armor after talking to a fruit farmer
and here's a little grab of the shishkebab

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sometimes Dogmeat needs to be smacked. He's a shit fighter. Acts like a cripple in the middle of most fights. And when he does...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

That shishkebab looks awesome. Do want.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I've collected a few legendary weapons so far and I'm only level 16 I think.

Furious power fist from Swan the huge fugly in Boston Common.

Righteous Authority from the first Brotherhood mission

Grognak's Axe from the comic book store...Hubris Comics

Cryolater...got my dog to steal that...admittedly a glitch but I found out about it researching sword melee weapons which led me to the

Shishkebab. I don't want another melee weapon now. Flaming wakizashi that seems to run endlessly FTMFW!

Here's the thing. I didn't get the Shishkebab via a mission although on the way I met a farmer who gave me a mission to get that particular sword. I reloaded and avoided him, not wanting a mission sitting there perpetually unfinished. So I got the sword and walked to the bottom of the room where the boss fight takes place and there's the farmer's son, who gives me a mission to return the fucking sword. I went back to his farm and was given 300 caps and told to keep the sword so I suggest you get some pay while you're at it.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

The Gainer is the best legendary in my opinion. Explosive round .44 handgun. That and the Reba II in .50 is awesome
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.