Re: Fallout 4!!!!

Post by Candy Arse »

Hercy wrote:
Candy Arse wrote:XBONE - .7fps
PS4 - 28fps
PC - 60fps+

:suicide: GameHED :suicide:
It's 7fps, not .7fps. Or it's 0.0fps
We'll run with 7fps, because you can then say the game performs 10x better than my bad troll.

:btw: picking up the superior PC version today, can't wait to play the game at 60fps+ :nana:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

GameHED wrote:from eurogamer review:
The broad sweep of the game is as absorbing as ever but, like the cockroaches that survive a nuclear blast, Bethesda's bugs have also endured the shift to new-generation console hardware.

It's impossible to miss the glitches, bugs and downright broken bits in Fallout 4, and that can't help but dim its shine. I've watched my dog sink slowly into the floor. I've beaten countless high-level enemies that have got snagged on scenery or locked in an animation cycle, holding them in place so I can snipe them at my leisure. I've watched textures pop in and out of existence, and seen the very walls and streets around me vanish, revealing the ghostly void underneath.
Looks like Xenoblade on wii u wins GOTY 2015....The bugs are the result of pc gamers having no quality control standards because game companies expect hackers to fix thier games for them..

No wonder they were so secretive lol Don't want youtubers showing the glitches ahead of release. tut tut

Console edition wi.l be easier to patch imo since its closed platform. Less bugs in total than pc version. Wait until the GOTY version before getting pc edition or you'll end up losing progress. Join console fans and stop rewarding sloppy coders already...
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... t-4-review" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Version tested Xbox One
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

cache:www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/fallou ... king-guide

nVidia graphics, performance and tweaking guide for the superior PC version.
Superior PC version 1080p 60fps video on Ultra settings. Kicks the shit out of the console versions and that's before anyone actually gets some good graphics mods out for it.

Last edited by Candy Arse on 10 Nov 2015 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Pity reviewers prefer the xbone version
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Framerates are subjective. Some enjoy 7fps, others enjoy 60fps+
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

24 fps is fine for films and nobody wants movies to have the soap opera effect. So ps4 version is the most cinematic.

Remember when they increased the framerate for hobbit movie? Nobody fucking cared.

http://gizmodo.com/5969817/the-hobbit-a ... -fps-fails" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Candy is just jealous that these pc franchises are now console games not pc-only games. It hurts that games like wasteland 2, xcom, divinity original sin, diablo 3, Dragon Age, etc are all on consoles now. When the next dues ex comes out I will probably play that on console.

All we need is pillars of eternity to be ported to console now.
Last edited by GameHED on 10 Nov 2015 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

GameHED wrote:24 fps is fine for films and nobody wants movies to have the soap opera effect. So ps4 version is the most cinematic.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Candy Arse wrote:
GameHED wrote:24 fps is fine for films and nobody wants movies to have the soap opera effect. So ps4 version is the most cinematic.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ohhh shit........I still have crackhed on block, I'm really missing out on some very insightful information, hate to see what else I have missed out on
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

what are you laughing about? It's true.
2. High frame rates belong on bad TV shows and perhaps sports. 24 fps is here to stay in my opinion—at least for cinema. That is unless this next generation of video game players change the rules on us of course. I can see this working for animation, sports and nature films though. I'd also like to see it used on only certain moves (fast ones) in a film perhaps and not the entirety of a film.
the little details in motion that your eyes are paying attention to ruin the experience because ypur brain is picking up too much detail that it's too real and not fantastical enough. Just like if you zoom in on a person's face and see maekup artists faults and can spot where they made mistakes or if you blow up an image of an old arcade game and it looks too pixelly because it was never designed for HDTV. Film-making is as much about what you DON'T SHOW as what you do show (ie where the focus of the vjewers attention should be) in order to be enjoyable. It's the same reason people can't stand michael bay tranformers fight scenes. They look so confusing and videogamey and the details are scrunched up into the scenes so your eyes can't focus on what is happening due to information overflow. Microdetails take focus from the macro detail. You want to see where the overall form of the character bodies are in relation to each other but your eyes are drawn to analysing the tiny micro details more and your brain can't see anything because you can't do both due to having too much info at once. You end up missing out on important information since your brain can't keep up with it. (unless they overuse the bullet time effect like in the matrix movies which just makes the fight look like it takes place underwater if abused too much)

The fps is similar. You want to ignore frames that don't matter as much because you want certain frames to 'punch out' into the camera and stick out for us to focus on which tells the story better than if you see every frame. The overflow of information means the important frames lose attention. When you see a bubble pop, you just see it popped rather than the gradual build up to a popped bubble which is unecessary information becsuse your brain knows what happened between frames without needing to see the detail. It has more attitude if you cut a few frames out. In some kung fu movies they do that to give the illusion the action is moving faster than it is. Have fun trying to explain why we still see movies at 24fps candy you fake gamer.. PS4 > pc version. Less bugs

Off now to pick my copy up.

edit:
check out why action in hongkong movies works so well
^
your eyes/brain never has to change to keep up with what happening due to only giving relevent info. (no high framerate or bullet time needed which is common in cg movies like 300 and videogames) If I shoot a gun do we really need to see slo-mo effect of bullet coming out of the barrel or is it much cooler just cutting to the bullet's effect on the target? Cutting to the effect is more dramatic because you want the viewer to know the impact is what harms not the gradual build up since it's small object - same with swinging objects or striking someone. Too much realism looks boring which is why fighting games look cool because there is no physics and combos involve actually cutting frames to create the impression you are powerful with the side effect of looking very jerky. eg swinging a sword in diablo as a warrior using the king's sword of haste looks faker but more fantastic. This can't be done in real life but similulated when frames are cut in some scenes on purpose) Kung fu movies from hong kong never exoect you to see the microdetail but let your brain analyse the full shot meaning a more enjoyable experience. You have time to see what the fuck is happening from distance without the need for the soap opera effect of using so many frames to tell the story. (which only confuses your brain since its taking unecessary info in and missing important stuff)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Anyone who thinks 24fps or 30 fps or 0.7fps is better than 60fps in a game is on crack. Seriously. The best version of this game will be the PC version. Then daylight. The GameHED's delusions and then the PS4 version.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Whilst a film looks better at 24fps, a documentary looks better at 60.

Guess which framerate a game looks better at? (hint, it's not 24). Besides, lets not gloss over the fact that on PC you could force it to output at an exact 24 fps if you want. Or 50. Or 60. Or 120. Or 144.
-------------------------------------
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Those mongrel thievin' bastards pumped up the price by $10 on launch.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Saw that. Still waiting for my copy, trade off for getting the cheaper price :/
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Picked mine up from ebgames and got a surprise. Managed to get the extras like hardcover guidebook (at $20), the poster, and the music cd even though I only preordered the vanilla edition with softcover guidebook.

Only cost me in total $59 plus $20 (hardcover) in total. The softcover ones didn't arrive so I was upgraded. Anyway, hope this thing doesn't crash every 2mins. The guidebook will help me understand what's SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN so I at least know the game has a bug and it's not just me doing the wrong thing.

Yes I agree pc version is the best but you are better letting all the pirates be free bug testers and wait for goty/ultimate edition instead of jump in now. No mods are out yet so being patient means no loss of time.

All focus should be on fixing console versions first. We are the superior customers. Witcher 3 would have been a closed world if it wasn't for us. Why can't pc gamers just accept that as the important ones, our hapiness is of utmost importance since we overpay for everything and pc gamers always get free shit.
Last edited by GameHED on 10 Nov 2015 01:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

That first .gif looks like the one I saw this morning... Only without the ps4 comparison which looked identical to the Xbox sceen other than cloud positions

So... Master race!
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Madmya wrote:Those mongrel thievin' bastards pumped up the price by $10 on launch.
It'll go up again once initial shipment has dried up, it's usually the way.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Can't be bothered reading that Eurogamer review? Don't worry, I've made a handy TL;DR boilerplate review that you can read any time Bethesda releases a game:
<Fallout / Elder Scrolls X> is riddled with bugs and technical issues.

11/10
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Installing the superior PC version....but the install process ain't superior - installed 22GB off the disc then a 24GB download through Steam? This must be what it's like to be an XBONE-only gamer.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Candy Arse wrote:Installing the superior PC version....but the install process ain't superior - installed 22GB off the disc then a 24GB download through Steam? This must be what it's like to be an XBONE-only gamer.
Huh? Never experienced anything like that... Anyway, was going to pick up a copy today from jb but it's bloody sold out all near my area on PC! Might just get the Steam version.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Check out greenmangaming.com, they've got it for $75AUD where Steam is USD...
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Candy Arse wrote:Installing the superior PC version....but the install process ain't superior - installed 22GB off the disc then a 24GB download through Steam? This must be what it's like to be an XBONE-only gamer.
If it's on one disc it can't be 22GB? Doesn't a dvd rom hold like 8GB max?

You might have just installed a small portion of it and the rest you have to download.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Got my copy two hours ago. Confirmed, installs 4.5 gig off the DVD ROM and then rest (20 gig) off Steam. It would suck if you were somewhere without internet but them's the times.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Rorschach wrote:Got my copy two hours ago. Confirmed, installs 4.5 gig off the DVD ROM and then rest (20 gig) off Steam. It would suck if you were somewhere without internet but them's the times.
Gone are the days of multiple discs for install.

Dirty console gamers ftw. :up:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Consoles are getting just as bad with downloads. Not a huge thing if you don't mind not playing online but still
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

PC Master race and they still use DVD roms :lol: WTF
Last edited by guttermouth on 10 Nov 2015 07:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.