Fallout 4!!!!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

flipswitch
que
que

Re: Fallout 4!!!!

Post by flipswitch »

Amazon, GameStop, GMG and Bethesda store have it listed for this year. Probably have to wait until E3 for real confirmation.
Reka

Post by Reka »

This (possible spoilers) was posted on Reddit about 11 months ago. There may or may not be any truth to it, but some of what she says falls in line with what's going on now.
Spoiler!
Before you all say: "TROLL!" "LIAR!", etc, you can all can your mouths and ask one of the Bethesda Employees about Me (my username is my name) and they will confirm I worked for Bethesda. I am strictly posting this in "Revenge" for them firing me.

Anyways, I worked at Bethesda Game Studios in Maryland up until last month before I was fired for releasing confidential information (but it was an accident!) and so here I am, sitting unemployed with my 2 kids thanks to those fools. So, I wanted to say: I worked on, and played, Fallout 4. Yes, I did.

I want to confirm that the recent leaks about Fallout 4 are true. In Fallout 4, you are in Boston, and it takes place in the year 2287, exactly 10 years after Fallout 3. In Fallout 4, mixing things up, we are making the game more "Story Based" and the player character will finally talk, and narrate his storyline.

At the beginning of the game, you create your character (You can only be a male in the main story), and afterward, you start the game with a blast. After the blast, you awake to see the building you are standing inside blown apart and your wife, Lydia, dead. Robots and Androids are storming the place, killing and kidnapping the people inside. You, known as "The Officer", must escape and get revenge.

Fallout 4 is set in and around Boston and the surrounding countryside.
The downtown area is entirely controlled by "The Institute", a group of techies and scholars, as well as researchers, who devote their lives to technology. The countryside area is a "Wasteland" with small towns and settlements, as well as vaults here and there. Logan International Airport is taken over by the Brotherhood of steel, who are there trying to control the technology, and are currently waging a war against the institute, as they both have disagreements as to who should be in control of the technology in the area.

Meanwhile, Vault 79, located outside of Boston, is under the control by "The Railroad", a group of people dedicated to helping Androids escape the institute.

The map of Fallout 4 is about 3 times the size of Skyrim. The reason for this is to make a much more realistic and interactive world, that players can always find new things, even if they have played it for years after release.

FACTIONS:

•The Railroad returns from Fallout 3, where you only had a small glimpse of it during the "Replicated man" quest. In this game, they are a full faction and are much larger.

•The Brotherhood Of Steel returns and control Logan Airport. This BOS is not the same as seen in Fallout 3. Instead, a similar BOS to the ones seen in the classic Fallout games as well as Fallout New Vegas make an appearance, only caring about technology, and will obtain it by force if they have to.

•The Institute returns from Fallout 3, and is headed by a man named Thomas Littleton. They are the primary antagonists of the game, and control most of Boston Downtown. Their patrols in Downtown Boston are the counterpart in this game to the Super Mutants in Downtown DC in Fallout 3.

•Talon Company also returns, but in a much smaller force. They base operations outside of a bunker located in Downtown Boston.

•Raiders return too.

CREATURES:

•Super Mutants return, in the same form as the ones from Fallout 3, keeping in line with the "East Coast" mutants.

•Feral Ghouls return as well.

•Vicious Dogs return.

•Feral Cats are new, and exclusively located in one of the vaults.

•Spore Carriers return from Fallout New Vegas, and are located in sewers.

RETURNING CHARACTERS:

•Madison Li returns from Fallout 3. 10 years prior to Fallout 4, she left D.C after the Loss of James and having thought she lost the lone wanderer as well. Having had enough, she left to Boston, as it is home to one of the biggest Scientific facilities. Madison will once again be voiced by Jennifer Massey.

•Three Dog returns as well, although he is only heard on the radio, and not seen in person. People believe the radio is not actually live, and that it is simply a looped recording. (Based on the fact that you CAN kill him in Fallout 3.) He is voiced by Erik Todd Dellums.

•Bryan Wilks returns from Fallout 3. Yes, the little boy you saved from Grayditch. He is now 19 years old and is a mercenary, working with Talon Company. He bases his reason as to working with them on "Once someone saved me, and I wanted to be just like them!" He is voiced by Jerry Jewell.

•Other Fallout 3 characters return as well, but only through save transfer (Detailed below).

PLATFORMS:

Fallout 4 will be available for a wide range of platforms after launch. The first version that will be released is being developed for Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC. This version uses a brand new engine built from the ground up to take advantage of the power of next gen systems. Absolutely everything is new, and no assets or scrips are being used from Fallout 3/NV or Skyrim.

Fallout 4 will also be available on Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. This version is also being developed by Bethesda Game Studios, but will release a year after the advanced version. This version runs on the Creation Engine, the same engine that powered Skyrim. This is being done so that PS3/360 users can play the game without problem. Everything will be the same in this version as the advanced version, except for the graphics, gameplay and some additional features.

Also, Fallout 4 on PS3 and Xbox 360, last I knew, was around 20GB+. This means that it will most definitely require install. Also, players of the PS3/360 version will be pleased to know that Fallout 4 will be able to import your Fallout 3 save, and adapt choices you made from that game for Fallout 4. This means that some additional characters could pop up, depending on if you killed them or not in Fallout 3. Also, some story references from Fallout 3 will be mentioned. Did the BOS save the capitol wasteland? Or did it fall? Did Sarah turn on the purifier and die? Or did the lone wanderer do it? It might get mentioned depending on your choices!

DEVELOPERS: Fallout 4 is being developed by Bethesda Game Studios, the same developer behind Fallout 3.

GAMEPLAY:

Fallout 4 plays similar to Fallout 3 and New Vegas. You can play in Third Person or First Person, or on the PC version, a new "Classic Mode" that will put the game into birds eye view and play similar to the classic Fallout Games. (Although by my experience, it actually looked and played more like the PS2/Xbox Fallout: Brotherhood of steel.)

Unlike Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, you can only play as a man. This is due to the storyline requiring it. However, after the main story is over, you can have a gender change. BGS did not rule out Females for possible standalone DLC, however.

Additionally, full support for Trophies/Achievements are present on all console versions, and full steamworks support is present for the PC version.

PROGRESS: By my estimate, Fallout 4's PS4/XboxOne/PC version is about 40% complete, while the PS3/Xbox360 version is about 15% complete. Both versions are being developed by BGS.

RELEASE DATE: BGS has a "Roadmap" already planned out for Fallout 4 and a spinoff. I already was informed about it from the studio when I worked there, and I read it. Basically, the roadmap is this:
1.June 2015 - Fallout 4 reveal at E3, trailer only
2.July 2015 - First gameplay trailers
3.August 2015 - More information
4.October 2015 - PS4/Xbox One/PC release
5.November 2015 - First DLC
6.December 2015 - Second DLC, as well as PS3/360 version release
7.January 2016 - Third DLC
8.March 2016 - Forth DLC
9.April 2016 - Fifth and Final DLC
10.June 2016 - Fallout Spinoff revealed, in development by Behaviour Interactive.
11.October 2016 - Fallout Spinoff released for PS4/Xbox One/PC

PROOF:

As I said, ask about me, but don't ask about this. If you do, it will 100% be denied. Bethesda will not comment on rumors.

PS. I leaked some of the first Fallout 4 info by accident, and it ended up in the hands of Kotaku. Oops.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/Reka.png[/img]
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Man, what a dick. Love that release date being sooner rather than later, I wish more games did that.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

360 a year after release - there you go CrackHED, enjoy your 540p 20fps superior console version.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Fallout 4 will be available for a wide range of platforms after launch. The first version that will be released is being developed for Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC. This version uses a brand new engine built from the ground up to take advantage of the power of next gen systems. Absolutely everything is new, and no assets or scrips are being used from Fallout 3/NV or Skyrim.
that's huge news.

Candy I think I will go next gen for this. I bought Dragon Age inquisition last gen though for cheap preowned because I hate EA and didn't have current gen machine yet. These guys want to destroy the game industry. I don't want them to become too powerful you see. I will probably buy FO4 day one new but not play until all the bugs are gone. This way Behtesda get my money, and encouraged to keep going and I don't encounter all the bugs as a guinea pig. I remember how annoying skyrim got when I got to a point in the game where it affected my progressin into the story.

You buying this or pirating it? Unlike CD Projekt Red games these guys are american company and get angry when you don't pay up. They believe in this thing called money. It's some magic power attached to the paper with a pyramid and all seeing eye on it that makes them powerful. Without it nobody works. Even though it's all just fake and not even backed by gold (as the german government found out recently) and just entries on a computer screen conjured up into thin air by reptilian mages from another dimension to keep us enslaved and using illusion to make us pretend it's not as worthless as monopoly money.

Oh yeah hopefully there is no feminist propaganda in this one. Yes I get it girls are tough too. But boys are tougher. Our nads give us bigger muscles. That doesn't mean girls can't kick butt. Just not more than boys. And femiist need to shut up already. We don't care what you think of the sorceress in dragon's Crown. She's a witch. She conjures demons and shit. Her tits are not pandering to horny boys. It's that witches practice sex magic and worship nature and do shit in the nude. There is a reason occultists have obelisks as phallic symbols and in games there are temple prostitutes. Get a fucking education you shits. Magick is about nature and having less clothes increases the magic power of the person because wearing armor can block the bioenergy. There ARE LORE REASONS. Just like there are reasons the hobbits in lord of the rings are the weakest race but the best suited for sneaking and hiding in tiny holes and carrying the One Ring. (magic doesn't corrupt them as much because they are the christians in midget form. Without magic resistence you can be seduced. Go watch star wars!!!! same fucking concept. The jedi that go to the dark side are the guy who can't resist being mind controlled and tempted to turn evil. These are the space christians who talk to the force to guide them in bringing justice. Force = holy ghost. Vader = assassin for the satanists and Palpatine is the dark priest who fuck little kids to gain strong powers. sacrificing the virgin girls and the blood dripping from her 12 year old vag after being penetrated means the signigng of the pact with the dark side of the force which is all about seduction and perverting laws to your advantage in order to manipulate the masses.)
Last edited by GameHED on 04 Jun 2015 06:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

What's the source on that quote?
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

See Reka's post about the snoden style leak.
Unlike Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, you can only play as a man. This is due to the storyline requiring it. However, after the main story is over, you can have a gender change. BGS did not rule out Females for possible standalone DLC, however.
Whoa missed that bit. Does this mean two voice actors? I guess it has gotten to a point now where people will replay games just to experience different voice actor and get a different take on the game. Or maybe it means you can literally get your ball cut up by the surgeon literally changing your gender that way. (ie it's part of your character's story and can be marketed as a game suitable to trannies) And you get pregnant with a mutant kid and make him your follower in a new game plus type thing. Like rogue legacy but instead of inheriting bad stuff your descendent becomes a demigod like being that surpasses your own powers because he absorbs all your experience points but has a younger and stronger body than you after absorbing so much radiation. You then play as him and kill your dad to loot his corpse of all the cool gear you found in the first playthrough.

Rogue Legacy but with a dark twist. (actually not dark, the orcs do it in skyrim where the daddy orcs challenge their own son to death match and die in glorious battle in a heroic way rather than of old age as a sick dude who becomes a burden to the tribe)
Last edited by GameHED on 04 Jun 2015 07:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I reddit from the grape vine. Thanks.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

GameHED wrote:You buying this or pirating it? Unlike CD Projekt Red games these guys are american company and get angry when you don't pay up. They believe in this thing called money.
I don't pirate games CrackHED, haven't for a very long time.

This is just Steam. Haven't included Origin, GoG or my rather extensive physical collection that a number of dudes on here know about. I reckon I've got more games than you do prescription medications :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Yeah he makes an odd argument. If you own a ninja pc worth at least two or three consoles then you're poor and pirate games. Then there's the fact that most of us have current and last gen consoles with paid for titles on top of that which doesn't help his argument either.. And he still doesn't have a current gen console and is playing last gen and portable titles only.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

GreyWizzard wrote:
GeneraL CyberFunK wrote:
GreyWizzard wrote:That vault dwellers butt at the end is terrible. No definition whatsoever. I guess years inside the vault has led to flat butt syndrome.
*shrug*

Looked okay to me... If you think that's flat.. well.. that concerns me...
Just seems undefined. No real line of the butt crack or anything. You look at the top of the suit and it's form fitting but this just kind of sits over and away from the butt.

Needs more Nightwing butt
Kinda amused that I'm actually discussing the finer details of the male arse with you of all people... but anyway.

Next time you're totally not checking out another guy's arse in jeans.. see if you can see actual butt cheek definition... If there is no tension in the fabric.. you may.. but if there is tension you won't. Night Wing is wearing some sort of lycra that.. if in the real world.. would have to have been fabric molded to get the look that you see in the comics.

The Fallout 4 guy's arse is fine. Decent perkiness with good quad/hamstring size to compliment it. Just sayin .
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Perky Arse Confirmed. Welcome to Next Gen.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

If you look at the upper body the suit is tighter and you can see definition. The rest of the suit should follow on and see definition of the bum.

If it was a female character you'd clearly be able to see the definition in her butt.

I demand equal tightness of pants!
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Sorry to post again instead of an edit...

What we are actually seeing is more realistic cloth mapping in a videogame. As you said this is how this material really would sit. I'm 100% aware of this.

Think of it like 24fps v 48fps, it gives a greater sense of realism but a lot of people don't like it because it is different from what we are used to seeing. Normally we'd see a super sculpted butt because the cloth is actually the skin of the model. This is material over an object.

This gives me hope for bra, top and boob physics. I hate how it's just a skin texture and no matter what you put on the boobs don't change shape.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Candy Arse wrote:
GameHED wrote:You buying this or pirating it? Unlike CD Projekt Red games these guys are american company and get angry when you don't pay up. They believe in this thing called money.
I don't pirate games CrackHED, haven't for a very long time.

This is just Steam. Haven't included Origin, GoG or my rather extensive physical collection that a number of dudes on here know about. I reckon I've got more games than you do prescription medications :lol:
Just as a warning: You don't actually own digital games. (you are licensed to use it which is like a long rental period) When the steam service ends after EA purchases Valve and the whole digital store fad dies off like the wii, all the games are gone because EA will shut down the server or claim hackers deleted all the records. Gaming is slowly becoming a service which is why you can't buy marvel vs capcom 2 anymore. If capcom goes the route of Konami and decides to just make mobile games only, or goes belly up, then these are gone forever. Laws are being made to not let us get historically significant old games easily. Soon the whole appeal of pc (getting free games through emulators) is going to be lost.

And steam is charging for mods now which I find hilarious. Another reason to avoid pc. It's becoming as bad as console gaming where you have to pay for the horsey armor. I think you are in denial about how bad things are because you don't see how tiny the pc section is in EBGames. Almost as tiny as the Vita section. It used to be in the old days that pc games had massive physical boxes and manuals. Now you have to download the manual yourself and print it out. This is a sign its dying. They can't even afford to give the basics. And pc gamers are begging every time a new souls game comes out. It's bad man.

About the FO4 reveal : I think it's time Bethesda included different people of different heights and weights and builds. So you might see a really skinny guy and he is really fast and agile, and a big variation on that small guy who is toned and muscled and tough. Then you look around and see fat guys and tall guys and everyone has different range to melee attacks, speed and acceleration. A small guy would be able to change direction really quickly without delay while a big guy would take time to turn and move but if you bumped into him you;d fall back on the ground easily. They need to add some physics. Each NPC should have different animation and body sizes like in japanese beat em ups.
2015 for fucks sakes. NPC needs more variation in height and fat/muscle ratio to add uniqueness. Remember all those fat guys in saints row 1? That was funny but its realistic. Then in saints row 2 those fat npc disapeared. I was angry at missing content. Wielding a huge weapon might be too much for a small guy but that small guy might be able to dodge ranged attacks easily as he is smaller. You could have midgets in the game for instance and these would mob you from above and try to attach themselves to you and bite your neck and claw your eyeballs out. They climb better than other because they are light. And yes it would be strange, but this is an rpg where you are not supposed to be totally ready for every encounter and the world holds some mystery. (were they monsters or deformed beings? Perhaps it was a highly intelligent monkey, You couldn't quite see it because it was so fast. Nothing should look the same)
Last edited by GameHED on 05 Jun 2015 06:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Do you own a PC or are you on tablet(s)?
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

I own several pcs. I use netbook for the net to post here so I can go anywhere instead of desktop pc. I can't stand touchscreen crap. Buttons give better feedback to your fingers.

I noticed in lots of futuristic sci fi movies they all assume we as a society are all going to use touchscreen keyboards in place of buttons even though buttons are better because you know when the key is pressed or not pressed down. tablets don't offer anything you don't already do using keys. Imagine trying to play old classic games on touchscreen? You wouldn't do it.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Release date November 10th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I wish more game developers would take the tech approach and announce merely months before delivering. Goddamn Fallout 4 looks awesome.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Yep they've done it right. Was bummed out that nothing was shown last year, but showing a big demo this year followed by " :btw: it's out in 5 months" is fucking awesome.

2015....big year for games.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

What a year! Now I can finally relax and watch the Fallout 4 videos. EB have updated their website with FO4 content, the release date TBC.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Yeah I saw EB had a whiteboard outside their store in Runaway Bay with the FO4 release date this afternoon at about 2pm with a lot of empty columns below for what one would assume will be titles announced in the next 48hrs.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I want that Pipboy Edition.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Changed my mind, it's a piece of plastic crap that your Smartphone sits in. Lame.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Fallout 4 mods will work on console. :up:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... e-for-free" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Finally! About bloody time. The consoles have had HDD for ages so that games can be rebalanced and modded to enhance the gameplay, which also enhances the sales of games. The fact is without mods I don't think games would continue to sell so long after release. It helps combat second hand sales too imo. I think they should re-release HD Skyrim then allow the current gen re-release to allow mods. (of course the only mods I will be interested in is stuff that increases the balance of the game or adds content since if they are graphical mods that cause framerates to dip it will spoil the experience as consoles are not upgradeable)