The rumored next Platinum Games title is...

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Replica
Almost Original

The rumored next Platinum Games title is...

Post by Replica »

[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/replicav2.png[/img]
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Re: The rumored next Platinum Games title is...

Post by GreyWizzard »

So gorgeous...
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Really good. I wish michael Bay would get the hint. We want the 80s back not the triangular shards with illuminati symbolism and pyramids. Fucking idiots. They wreck everything. Hollywood is fucked.

I think if there was a new animated TF movie it would be lot better than live action. They managed to do it with the final fantasy games, (using CG) so I don't see why not animate TF completely. Their human interactions in the cartoon was very limited since fleshlings are too primitive to be able to take on the decepticons. The best TV cartoon I think was TF Prime because it made the cartoon more appealing to an older audience (teens) and used CG that wasn't too bright and cartoony. and actually had some human drama. (something in between movie cg with shadows and realistic lighting and cartoon cg in the shape of the human characters which appeal not just to japanese anime watchers but international audience)

Recently bought G1 coloured combiner wars megatron. (leader class) This is where the audience is. Older g1 fans who have nostalgia for the original toon. (I personally think TF Prime is slightly better than G1 now. Much more personal stories and better fighting animation. G1 still has the better overall epic scale because of how many characters were in it. But as we saw with Beast Wars you can have a great cartoon with fewer characters as long as it has good writing)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

That looks sensational, finally the Transformer game I always wanted. :up:
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

War and Fall are excellent Transformers games.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

The toys based on those games were really good too. Without those games I don't think hasbro would have made Generations Metroplex. Seeing a "marus fenix" version of optimus prime was cool. haha (never seen optimus prime so chunky. His head was tiny in proportion to his body)

For the platinum game please get this narrator from the original transformers cartoon to narrate the game:

everyone copies this guy nowadays but he is the original croaky voice guy from the 80s toon we all remember

listen to him promote the tf movie:
makes it sound so epic. "In the summer of 1986 the most exciting adventure in the universe is on planet earth..."
I think he should be background commentator on all the fighting games.
Last edited by GameHED on 15 Jun 2015 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Transformers meets Powerstone?
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

OT:
BTW Oliver Harper recently did a retrospective of the TF animated movie:
People still remember this gem. Right alongside Spaceballs, star wars, ninja turtles, GI Joe etc. Platinum should do GI Joe next. (wii u exclusive thanks. Make it superior to Gears of War just like Vanquish! )

I think Victor Caroli's best narration is in the star wars-like scrolling text intro of the the TF animated movie:
If this is a fighting game, I think a deep voiced narrator should be involved during fighting. Since he was used in the original toon, it would add nostalgia value to the game. The intro to each fight explaining each fighter's abilities and strengths just like the secret files of Teletrann 2*.

*these appeared in G2 as background history and information about the lore of transformers:
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

O_O

I never expected this! Could be amazing, Bayonetta styled fighting engine in G1 universe!
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

I want it to be like Metroid Prime Hunters.

It was a combination of shooting and melee attacking. You would shoot things in human form and then if you needed to sprint and run to avoid being killed you could transform quickly into alt mode and your attacks in that form were different. So the game is fast paced and you never stand around doing nothing.
If you move quickly you become much harder to hit because you have low profile, if you stand still and aim you can shoot accurately from range if there are multiple people in an area fighting each other and do some low risk killing from a distance.

Each character had different abilities and moves. Samus could ram into people in ball mode while moving quickly and keeping low profile and drop bombs and others could transform into other forms so you had to think about what style of fighting was best. (one guy could turn invisible for instance - this was perfect sniper stealth guy. But he had crap health and you could spam fire to find him.) It was like a fighting game but guns were involved.

Since energon is a limited resource it would be necessary to swap forms to conserve energy or recharge stamina etc. This way you can't spam the same move. You need to do combos. If it's just a fighting game I can accept that as I liked powerstone. But majority of characters shoot each other in the toon unless they were at close range and/or got disarmed. (that happened all the time in the cartoon whenever megatron and optimus fought)
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

lestat wrote:That looks sensational, finally the Transformer game I always wanted. :up:
They are but this game captures the look and feel of the cartoons I grew up with, the art and designs to me are superior in this.

My only concern here is the game will be too heavy on beatem up action, which isn't really true to transformer form. The engine looks to have legend of korra roots.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

By the way wouldn't it be cool if they made a Transformers action RPG in the style of Marvel Ultimate Alliance?

You could level up the characters and access more ability as you gain experience and swap characters on the fly similar to those games. Unlike MUA you could transform and the camera would pull back in vehicle mode so you could roam around a open world (think far cry or GTA) in the alt mode to fast travel. And then in robot mode you view it as third person shooter where you can take aim or just use close combat weapons or beat people up? Crackdown meets TF with MUA leveling ability.

Each robot would have their own special ability for instance prime could slow down time to aim accurately and go for pinpoint accurate shots to the face, mirage would be the stealth expert, Brawn would be a tank and have the best close combat ability of the small guys, bumblebee would be able to access spy gadgets ad hack things (give him drones and bombs), Perceptor would be the science geek and be able to scan objects and craft things to make tougher armor and materials as well as act as medic, Smokescreen and Jazz would provide distractions and draw attention and hide to keep enemy attention diverted (think of it like using spells in RPG to make enemy confused) etc Just like a RPG you would need to use each character properly against decepticons using strategy and playing to the strengths. Grimlock would be able to do environmental damage and fight up close one-to-one. (example he stamps his foot on the ground to cause a quake which does group damage and make aiming very hard. Tthink of the warrior in diablo 1 - lousy with ranged weapons but fastest at wielding melee weapons for close combat with biggest health bar. Grimlock can eat his opponent being a carnivorous robot to replenish energy, so hunting enemies would be encouraged over playing defense - much like metroid each enemy would drop some energy to reward you for killing everything in sight)

To make fights more epic they have insecticons (they can clone themselves an infinite number of times and use mind control to influence behavior and zombiefy your own guys so they turn against you) and Quintesson soldiers (have various sharkticon troops patrolling the area so it's not boring while you are off-mission) involved as a third faction. (they are sometime allied with decepticons but wish to enslave both autobots and decepticons for total control. As autobots your allies would be Wreck-Gar the leader of pirates and junk collectors who trade items with the autobots and act as a shop. If you have good relations with them they let you modify weapons to be more effective. They are your arms dealers)

You wouldn't have enough power to fight all at once but as you defeat one faction you absorb the resources of the defeated to take on the other faction. (like multiple gangs in Saints Row, only instead of a tiny city, you have various energy rich locations around the world to defend/invade to increase energon supply. The humans being the 'pedestrians' you could run over with actual police and military that will go after you if you piss off human too much lol)

The fourth faction would be starscream loyalists. If the quintessons plot against all the transformers then starscream would be the counter to all of this because he is loyal to himself more than any side. Quintessons would not trust SS so they would need to think of rogue decepticons as seperate faction. (much like Grimloc and DinoBots do not consider Prime their leader as "Grimlock IS KING" and sovereign so he doesn't obey the autobots but only helps them when it benefits the dinobots. As pure warriors they consider all other autobots as weaklings not worthy of respect.)
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Thinking about it, could be a brawler, they did Anarchy Reigns which was awesome fun but Imo suffered by not having local multiplayer.

Sounds like something story based. Apparently called Transformers Devastation, and not Xbone exclusive like originally reported. Hitting PS3+360 as well as PS4+XO. October 2015 release.

http://www.destructoid.com/transformers ... 3923.phtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't even know what to do with myself, blindsided, its the dream collaboration of developer and source material I never knew that I even wanted so badly until I saw it.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

As an avid Transformers collector SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

I'm on cloud 9 right now! :D :D :D :D
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Replica
Almost Original

Post by Replica »

I think this could be the first game where I stump up for the insane over the top pre order huge box with novelty crap edition! :)
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/replicav2.png[/img]
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Yes I would like to hear more about the game. Clearly it's not aimed at kids because kids of today were not around in the 80s. So it must be aimed at older audiences who were fans of the original toon.
emptyvessel
XBL ID: emptyvessel79
PSN ID: emptyvessel79
Steam ID: emptyvessel

Post by emptyvessel »

Immediate purchase.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Hadn't seen this earlier, the e3 talk with guys from platinum. Shows a bit more game play, looking very awesome in the combat department, fucking loved the optimus quick transform to trailer, 360 swipe, transform back continue combo :D

Apparently it's not strictly G1 but from the generations line? It's looking pretty bang on G1 in style though. Amazing.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZZ2yccM0oQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

I think it is based off the IDW comics which are a gen 1 reboot so to speak.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Wish I experienced the whole Transformers phase during the 80s but it wasn't on where I lived. Only experience I had with it was the games on C64 and they were mediocre. Voltron (OG, not that five lion western abolishment) and Voltus 5 were the big things for me in the early/mid 80s.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Another toon from the 80s i would like to see as cel shaded game is thundercats:

the cool intro from the 80s cartoon still hasn't been beaten by the new edition of the toon(which didn't even bother with one)
fans of the new toon tried thier best to supply an intro animation with metal music:
What would be good is a platinum game with thundercats theme but it's an open world hack and slash title similar to Shadows of Mordor. (using all the lore from thundercats universe as basis for what enemies you see) Furries would love this. Admit it you get a boner when cheetara is on screen. (the new one is hot)
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

t0mby wrote:Wish I experienced the whole Transformers phase during the 80s but it wasn't on where I lived. Only experience I had with it was the games on C64 and they were mediocre. Voltron (OG, not that five lion western abolishment) and Voltus 5 were the big things for me in the early/mid 80s.

the best games based on toons were all done by konami : gi joe arcade, teenage mutant ninja turtles, x-men beat em up etc
80s had the best toons. 90s had best adaptations to videogames.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

New trailer came out:
"Devastator... TAKE THIS!"

That doesn't sound like Optimus. He would just order the dinobots to do all the work while he takes on megatron.

Didn't see anything with grimlock in the trailer. Maybe they haven't made that model yet.

This game could be my personal GOTY for the G1 nostalgia factor.
K.T.Shoe[BMs]
Still a rookie
XBL ID: MrSlow88
PSN ID: MrSlow88

Post by K.T.Shoe[BMs] »

OMG... this is what Transformers should be!!! Can't wait, hope it will be good
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I'm not even a transformer fan and found the trailer to be awesome. There's a very good change that this will be good ;).