The rumored next Platinum Games title is...

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Ben
Southpoor

Re: The rumored next Platinum Games title is...

Post by Ben »

Welp, it was short, and it has a few shortcomings but I enjoyed the hell out of this. The story was some silly fun, liked that they mixed it up a bit here and there with driving boss battle and some weird top down battles. Some epic set piece battles like Replica mentioned, Blitzwing reminded me a little of the Sam battle from Revengeance.

From a Transformers fan perspective it had a lot of great fan service, even threw in a scene change autobot to decepticon insignia towards the end :D Though the sound effect wasn't quite right to G1. Though this was a little pastiche of G1 and G2, with Megatons colors reflecting G1 but as GameHED said G2 tank transformation. So I guess I can't complain too much, it still felt very in line with what I've stylistically wanted from a Transformers game whenever they've rolled around. Underlying platinum combat system and yeah I reckon for $50 it was awesome. Challenge mode will keep me busy for a bit yet and I'd like to unlock the hardest difficulty too. Non fans won't find as much but for the price and length it may be worth an EB rent, for fans definitely pick it up :up:
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/11/ ... next-week/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Preorder skins+weapons are now coming as paid DLC. To be honest I didn't even know about preorder bonuses... wonder if anywhere in Aus did them.

It doesn't list a price and it's from the American blog so don't know when/if it will hit locally (and no word on, but assumed coming to Xbone as well) but if it's a couple of bucks I'll probably grab it, Nemesis Prime + Star Saber ! :D
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I'm pretty sure one store had Nemesis as a preorder bonus. I remember reading about it and getting stupidly excited for a colour swap...
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

GreyWizzard wrote:I'm pretty sure one store had Nemesis as a preorder bonus. I remember reading about it and getting stupidly excited for a colour swap...

Ah true! I had no idea about the preorder dlc until after the fact, pleasing that it will still be accessible even if it's mostly a palette swap. Nemesis Prime will be a good excuse to bump up to commander or magnus and roll out with another playthrough :D
klee123

Post by klee123 »

Looking forward to Nier Automata the most.

It's like the MGR2 we never got!
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

I still plan on getting an Xbone but I am pretty glad to have gone with PS4 first, just checked out a trailer and Nier Automata is looking the goods! I think I've already asked before but is the first worth checking out? I was a little confused with the whole Nier Gestalt and Nier Replica thing.
klee123

Post by klee123 »

As a fan of the first game, Nier Automata will be nothing like the first game.

It's a very bizzare action rpg with many different types of gameplay.

Music is godly though.

Only in Japan had 2 different releases which are pretty much identical in content except in Nier: Replicant (PS3), you play as a young man and Nier: Gestalt (X360) you play as a middle aged man.

The Western releases are based off Gestalt on both consoles.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Definitely some mixed reviews of the first Nier, might pick up the original if I can find it cheapish. Eagerly awaiting Platinum's spin on things.

In Transformers news, the preorder dlc is now out as paid dlc, $7.55. Not too bad I guess but still a bit pricey for palette swaps realistically. I purchased them, total price paid now Is $57.55, dare say I can live with that.
klee123

Post by klee123 »

Definitely not a polished game, but then again Cavia(the developers), were never known for quality gameplay.

Which is something Automata should address.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Gmg have a 6hr flash sale for tfd, apply the 10% code on their front page also, works out to 16.20us.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/au/en/p ... vastation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just grabbed a copy myself.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

For those that want it on console, the PS4 version is on sale now for $25. PSN black friday sale.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Awesome price.

If only all the COD games were that cheap? I would actually buy one at launch for it's tiny single player campaign instead of waiting for it in the preowned bins at ebgames.

Recently bought a few of the combiner wars toys recently. Probably the best line I have seen so far. Thank god I am not getting stars wars figure addiction too.. Saw the shelves packed with the movie merchandise at the local toy stores for the coming 7th episode. The new bad guy looks cool.

What's the back story to that?

Did Darth Vader fuck the maid while the war against the rebels was happening in ep 4-6 and that's his other son? Wait a minute do not tell me.. i want to know as little as possible when I see the movie. It's probably Luke and Leia's kid after they had incest one time to see what it was like.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Finished it the other night, I loved it being a TF fanatic, awesome art style, great to see they whacked a load of decepticons in, I didn't realise Menasor was in it so that was great. I'm really really hoping for some DLC or even better a sequel, was great hearing the actual proper voices again.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Froggy wrote:was great hearing the actual proper voices again.
That's what I love too, they took the effort the get the original voice actors and it makes a HUGE difference.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

There will be sequels. I wish platinum did an open world game in the style of games like crackdown though.
That way you have huge city to drive around in vehicle mode and bigger trasformers like jetfire can have space to fly around.
Activision has enough money. Do it! Do it! And make those damn buildings destructible so if you use a combiner the world collapses around you. Sort of like earth defense force. (not like crackdown 3 cloud powered stuff, it's too much stress. High framerate is a must)

Have multiple characters go on sepeate quest simultaneously so the game has a larger feel to the epic story. (ie as one story arc is ending the other story builds up during the game but we see conclusion of that in next game ending in a bigger third game as the stories converge - I'm assuming the license is for trilogy only?)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

A bit OT as this is not related to platinum's game but recently looked up prices for masterpiece convoy on hlj and they have a christmas sale on for MP 10:

http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT39840" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thought it would interest fans of G1 transformers who were looking for bargain on premium toys. I am tempted to buy one as I like that sculpt a lot except for the gun which I think was undersized. Looks less like a laser rifle and more of a oversized laser pistol.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Just stated playing this. Loving the fan-service, struggling to wrap my head around the mechanics. Seems to be heaps of stats and different weapons, and about four thousand combos to remember. It's pretty clunky but man have they nailed the look and feel of the cartoon. The transformations are amazingly true to the original toys. Still have my G1 Sideswipe, it's pretty satisfying to see him done justice in videogame form.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

GameHED wrote:A bit OT as this is not related to platinum's game but recently looked up prices for masterpiece convoy on hlj and they have a christmas sale on for MP 10:

http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT39840" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thought it would interest fans of G1 transformers who were looking for bargain on premium toys. I am tempted to buy one as I like that sculpt a lot except for the gun which I think was undersized. Looks less like a laser rifle and more of a oversized laser pistol.

I know it's just another repaint but I really want the Masterpiece Transformers X Evangelion.