Rise of the Mother F'n Tomb Raider.

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Re: Rise of the Mother F'n Tomb Raider.

Post by Vince »

Madmya wrote:Well going from this thread alone, people are happy to wait a year for a different version. Fuck that. In a year's time there'll be new big releases.
Exactly. Plus how could people wait to play this after the classic original?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

PC release date allegedly Q1 2016.

PS4 release Q4. Fuck the PS4 version, PC will be worth the short wait - higher resolutions, better framerates etc
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Yep, and cheaper entry. Picked up the reboot on PC for peanuts and happy to play it again
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

I'll grab PC version as well. Couldn't wait for a possible March 2016 release. Game is so worth it now though.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

If it wasn't for Fallout 4 and still needing to go through Witcher 3 + expansion I would have bought it today.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Vince wrote: When I went into jb to get this, they stuffed up my pre order and for 30 mins I waited by the side of the desk. I swear not 1 person purchased tomb raider yet a good 15-20 people purchased the ps4 version of fallout 4!
I just went into JB to get this without a preorder and it took them about 3 seconds to pull a copy out of the box of 3000-odd that they had on the ground. It seems to be attached to some tin case or some shit that I don't need and didn't ask for.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

DF confirmed screen tearing on the bone version, which means I won't touch it, PC version locked in. In the year 2015 screen tearing is just unacceptable imo, same goes for 30fps.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

lestat wrote:DF confirmed screen tearing on the bone version, which means I won't touch it, PC version locked in. In the year 2015 screen tearing is just unacceptable imo, same goes for 30fps.
Unfortunately it's expected with these under powered consoles. Doesn't stop the game from being amazing.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

Need that dynamic resolution
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Anyone play here played it though? Just wondering if it's really an issue. I can tolerate some of it but I don't think the whole game is a screentearing-fest say like Saints Row on the 360.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Vince has. Says it's amazeballs or something like that.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Madmya wrote:Vince has. Says it's amazeballs or something like that.
Maybe it's just that I don't notice it but I can't see any screen tearing. Game is seriously stunning. Slow down from 30 to 25 fps doesn't really affect me much cause 30 isn't all that quick to begin with. Honestly, game is stunning to look at and a joy to play.
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

Its all about fps and resolution these days who gives a stuff how the game plays :lol:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

A good game is a good game. A good game with the ability to be played at a higher res/FPS = better experience.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

a good game with a shoddy framerate can be a bad game. That Submerged game on XBLA? It's great in theory. It's actually completely terrible because of its awful framerate. There's plenty of precedence for this too; Sonic Chaos was a great game on the SMS (and Sonic Triple Trouble on the GG), but the framerate is terrible so going back to it these days makes for an unplayable mess.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

daytona on saturn
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I was thinking about that, but at least it had a consistent framerate with no tearing. It's still hugely playable because its graphical problems don't interfere with the gameplay. Now, if it stuttered every time more than four cars were on the screen, it'd be a different story.

...and I still maintain that Sega Rally on the Saturn is proof positive that 30fps is just fine for racers ;)
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

The the average person, 30fps is fine for every genre.

Edit: Dammit, I'm talking about fucking framerates again. :suicide:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Fine for the average person is the worst possible argument.

For gamers, that being people like us, more is better.

30 is playable, certainly....but more is better.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

It's not an argument, it's a statement. I couldn't give a fuck about your tiresome, petty, dick-size contest.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

He's got a point there candy. You're the kind of guy who'd avoid games like dark souls or dragon age simply because the graphics were shit/not cutting edge. Loads of great titles have shit visual. Fallout being one of them. Don't you dare say the animations are awesome in this.. To get 10s you got to polish the rough edges. Take out bugs. Make smart interfaces. And hopefully not dumb down the systems.

Here's somethig that will interest TR fans:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... r-face-off" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In fact, there is a strong argument that in one sense at least, the Xbox 360 game is actually more playable than its current-gen sibling. On Xbox One, we complained about input latency and its impact on the game experience. It's not unlike Killzone 2 or the initial release of Uncharted 3 - there's just enough latency there to make aiming mildly frustrating at times. Moving to Xbox 360, we were stunned to discover that this same issue does not exist on Microsoft's older console to anything like the same extent.

In fact, Rise of the Tomb Raider feels significantly more responsive here on Xbox 360. Pulling off headshots and manipulating the camera is a joy and the entire game feels more satisfying to play. So we decided to pop in copies of Tomb Raider 2013 on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 only to discover that these versions feel similar to the last-gen sequel. We're certainly hoping that Crystal Dynamics can sort out this issue on Xbox One in the future but right now, for Xbox 360 owners, there is nothing to
Fuck this gen fucking sucks. lol MS should just duct tape two xbox360 together and it would probably play smoother than bone edition plus match visuals of the bone. The kinect shit is probably what causes lag.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

You're the kind of guy who'd avoid games like dark souls or dragon age simply because the graphics were shit/not cutting edge. Loads of great titles have shit visual. Fallout being one of them.
Don't play games because the graphics are shit, yet everyone knows I love Fallout...which also does not have cutting edge graphics.

Nice work bro
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Yeah... That input latency thing in TR is worrisome. Hopefully it can be patched but I'm doubting it. Probably fixed in PC and PS4 versions.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

I haven't noticed it while playing but the videos I've seen seem to prove that it exists. Unless it's just certain Xboxes or setups.