t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: Rise of the Mother F'n Tomb Raider.

Post by t0mby »

Candy Arse wrote:
You're the kind of guy who'd avoid games like dark souls or dragon age simply because the graphics were shit/not cutting edge. Loads of great titles have shit visual. Fallout being one of them.
Don't play games because the graphics are shit, yet everyone knows I love Fallout...which also does not have cutting edge graphics.

Nice work bro
But did you play and enjoy Demon's Souls? ;)
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

GreyWizzard wrote:Yeah... That input latency thing in TR is worrisome. Hopefully it can be patched but I'm doubting it. Probably fixed in PC and PS4 versions.
It's definitely there. It was also there in Uncharted 3 but that got patched. I tweeted one of the lead programmers for the game last week about the latency issue. He tweeted back saying they're definitely looking into it. Doesn't stop the game in any way from being game of the year. I'm almost at the end and it's incredible. Very sad it's being over shadowed by fallout 4. Everyone needs to play this game now! It's my personal game of the year.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

This game is absolutely tanking in sales in every damn region!!! :shock:

In the UK, it has sold just 56K units. I'm sure Square Enix are really regretting signing that timed exclusivity agreement with Microsoft.

Fact is, no matter how much money Microsoft throws at any third party this gen for exclusivity, it's going to end up blowing in the third party developers faces to simply ignore the home console champion - the PS4 (especially considering it's doubled XB1 in total units sold globally).

After this fiasco, you watch how virtually impossible it's going to be for Microsoft to try and convince other third parties to release any of their big AAA titles exclusive to XB1 (whether it be timed exclusive or not).

Besides the loss of profit by not releasing on PC/PS4, it actually also causes damage to the Tomb Raider brand.

Very bad move Square Enix and even worse move for Microsoft considering just like Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider is also simply not shifting XB1 units (at this point, it seems nothing will).

Microsoft must really be shitting their pants and absolutely hating they still have probably half a decade more to go of having their arse whooped so badly by Sony! :lol:
Last edited by Jasper on 16 Nov 2015 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Word on the street is Square Enix approached Nintendo at an earlier stage but refused to accept a contract signed in crayon.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Jasper wrote:Microsoft must really be shitting their pants and absolutely hating they still have probably half a decade more to go of having their arse whooped so badly by Sony! :lol:
I doubt it - MS will be scrabbling hard to design their next machine already, I reckon. Given their performance so far, there's no chance they'll let this gen drag on for ten years like they wanted (and were happy to let) the last one to.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... r-face-off" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Face-off XBONE vs 360, Eurogamer says it plays better on 360.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Look forward to lestats impressions of the superior 360 version.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Jasper wrote:This game is absolutely tanking in sales in every damn region!!! :shock:

In the UK, it has sold just 56K units. I'm sure Square Enix are really regretting signing that timed exclusivity agreement with Microsoft.

Fact is, no matter how much money Microsoft throws at any third party this gen for exclusivity, it's going to end up blowing in the third party developers faces to simply ignore the home console champion - the PS4 (especially considering it's doubled XB1 in total units sold globally).

After this fiasco, you watch how virtually impossible it's going to be for Microsoft to try and convince other third parties to release any of their big AAA titles exclusive to XB1 (whether it be timed exclusive or not).

Besides the loss of profit by not releasing on PC/PS4, it actually also causes damage to the Tomb Raider brand.

Very bad move Square Enix and even worse move for Microsoft considering just like Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider is also simply not shifting XB1 units (at this point, it seems nothing will).

Microsoft must really be shitting their pants and absolutely hating they still have probably half a decade more to go of having their arse whooped so badly by Sony! :lol:
Shit! Thankfully I also own a Wii U, how many copies of Tomb Raider has it sold so that I can judge its quality. While we're there, what's the next great 3rd party title heading to Wii U so I can know once and for all my bone is a dud (lol).
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

That would be Pokkén Tournament.

Pokkén Tournament is an arcade fighting game developed by Bandai Namco (specifically the Tekken development team - with Pokkén Tournament being headed by Katsuhiro Harada who is director/producer of the Tekken franchise since I believe Tekken 3 in 1997).

The game combines gameplay elements from the Tekken series with characters/environments from the Pokémon franchise.

:)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

And it looks like complete shit.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

That's embarrassing. Get the fuck out of my Tomb Raider thread, Jasper.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Only if you promise to stay the fuck out of my Nintendo thread.

Deal? 8)
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Complete Tomb Raider (superior xbone version) today! Game is my personal game of the year. It's just perfection from start to finish (stay after credits for a little more of a tease...!!!). This game just came out at the wrong time of the year. I'm not worried about sales. Just worried about quality, and this game absolutely delivers quality in spades. An easy 10/10!
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

About 6 hours into this game, such an enjoyable game, so much exploring and more alot tombs to raid. Game looks so damn nice, looking to be best Tomb Raider yet
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Insta-buy the moment it's on Steam.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

CD boss quits
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... quare-enix" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gotta be the TR exclusivity and sales..

Good move by MS to get it exclusive though. It is considered the rival to unchartered.

Fallout 4 release close to its releases is a big factor.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Pre-loading now on my povo second world internet connection, unlocks in a few hours. Looking forward to the seamless Master Race version
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... c-face-off" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PC version takes a giant shit on the XBONE version. :suicide: GameHED :suicide:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Struggling to match medium settings. :lol:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

:lol:

Not sure why anyone even owns an XBONE, myself included. They're completely redundant.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

MNR mate, pretty much the only time I turn mine on, my kids play it more than me, Max is either playing minecraft on it or on his tablet.

In general the kids play my consoles more than me, they don't PC game because I don't let them, consoles are more sandboxed and there is nothing critical they can screw up on them.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I think the only reason I've kept mine is because I'm one of those weirdos that hoards video game shit.

From an objective standpoint...it's kind of a real piece of shit console. Severely underpowered while more of the games are appearing on PC as much better experiences.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Or that we are too old and have too much disposable income, the 200-300 bucks we'd get back isn't worth the loss in utility of being able to play something on it when the need pops up.

With consoles the spend/cost is mostly in the software on PC it's kinda the other way where you spend more on hardware but software is a lot cheaper. So having an idle PC is worse than an idle console from a cost perspective. We came in pretty cheap this generation too vs previous ones especially when you adjust for inflation, $500~$600 vs $1000.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Wow, this game looks awesome. Even on my 760 the detail this game pumps out is nothing short of impressive. Looking forward to playing through this on the weekend.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

I double dipped on Steam! Game is even better on PC! 60fps with super responsive gameplay (STILL hasn't fucking been patched into xbone version). Anyway, finished it yesterday and purchased 1st expansion. Completed expansion today!!! Game is just so god damned amazing! Honestly, anyone who owns a PC or xbone NEEDS to buy this game.