Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Dark Souls 3

Post by GameHED »

Coming in 2016:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... 16-release" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As previously reported, this will mark series creator Hidetaka Miyazaki's return to the director's chair after he stepped away from Dark Souls 2 to helm Bloodborne.
Looks like the name will change again after 3 and be called Tortured Souls and continue as a different title to trick us into thinking the series is ending.

Demon Souls
Dark Souls
Tortured Souls
BandaiNamco and CDProjektRed = best game companies out there. Don't need huge budget like EA or rockstar or to dumb thier games down for kids to keep making games.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Re: Dark Souls 3

Post by Froggy »

Xbone exclusive?
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

PS4/Xbone/PC
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I got this game in the xbox sales, it's a series I've always wanted to play mostly because it always looked like a Ninja Gaiden RPG with its combat style. I rarely complain about controls with games, but man the controls are frustrating with this game. Who thought it was a good idea to have the main fucking action (normal attack) assigned to the right bumper?! I can understand with a PS controller, but not with a bone controller. And then not being able to change the controls just really rubs it in.

Such a brutal game, very steep learning curve. But one that has me thinking about it the next day so it's doing something right.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

I'd say the controls are definitely a hold over from Demon's Souls which was PS3 exclusive. Much more conducive to it as they were squishy versus the clicky that the Xbox controllers have had. At first I was much the same, having come from your typical action game controls at the time using the face buttons for attack. It sort of makes sense after a while though, as it's left shoulders for left arm stuff and right shoulders for right arm stuff, and since you've got a few slots to equip into and change on the fly it becomes second nature after a while. Something I hadn't really considered from new comers was the controls though, hit home a little when I tries rhe Nioh demo though as that used the face buttons and control scheme more resembled ninja gaiden but with a very much soulsBourne vibe in exploration and game mechanics.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Yeah I get what they were trying to do, it just isn't great for the xbox controller. Do you play with the xbox one controller? You just have far less control with those bumpers, they're good for scrolling through shit but that's it.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

I played the PC versions of Dark Souls 1/2 with rhe xbox/one pads as I like the controller better buy yeah sometimes admittedly the clicky shoulders can be a pain to use (like holding for the shield). Played Bloodborne and Demon's Souls with rhe sony controllers though, even though I had the option to use xbox with controller converters etc, as it was just easier and rhe squishy shoulders felt a bit better.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

OK, so at least it's doable. I'm still not there yet, sometimes when I'm in a bit of a panic against a boss I'll accidentally mash X thinking it's normal attack and then I've used all my items :/

This game is definitely tough, you feel on edge as soon as you walk into unchartered territory. I take heart that this video of top 10 hardest games of all time ranked Ninja Gaiden Black as being harder, which I've clocked.