SHENMUE III IS REAL OHFUCKOHFUCKOHFUCK SAILORS!!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Seraph
The only seraph on the internet.
XBL ID: Seraphcon V

Re: SHENMUE III IS REAL OHFUCKOHFUCKOHFUCK SAILORS!!

Post by Seraph »

I'm happy that Shenmue 3 is coming. I'm really hoping that Sega gets S1/2 remasters out, too. My third DC is on its way out as it is, so I'm unlikely to be able to get through S1 and 2 without it dying on me, and apparently the emulation isn't great at the moment.

The concerns I have with this KS are not exclusive to this game, but this game is a recent and prominent example.
On a development/funding level, I recognise that publishers are very risk-averse, but given that Sony is their support, I do find it at least a little hard to believe that their market research department could get it so wrong. Am I to believe that Sony thought 2mil in 31 days was a maybe? If that's the case, how could they get it so badly wrong? If 2mil in 31 days was the amount needed to prove interest, how could they not have realised through market research that 3mil in 31 hours was what they would get?

Then there's the stretch goals - if the KS is to gauge interest, why are multi-language subtitles stretch goals? Do they indicate real expenses or are they just an indicator, to find out if French/German/Spanish/Italian people want to understand the story?

Speaking selfishly on the other hand, then sure, of course, I couldn't care less about the way its been done - Shenmue 3 is finally coming, and if we're lucky then Sega will jump on the bandwagon and release S1/2 HD. On the flipside, the modern-day DLC practices that I normally don't care about become much more of a problem now, since I actually really like Shenmue: this game has exclusive DLC only available for people that preorder the $160 edition of the game, and ebing KS, that $160 is effectively non-refundable.

EDIT: My bad, there's also DLC only available at the $250 level.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

jizzlobber wrote:What's with ?M

What's that? 100M?
Yep and all the targets are basically fleshing out just baisha village. It's very confusing and vague what will actually be in. I'm assuming baisha village is what we'll initially get with plans to add additional towns in later installments.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

is that the location of shenhua's house? And the cave where S2 ended?

So that'll be a small Chinese village in the mountains... Interesting.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Hire some indians to do the work like MS did for the xbox360 RROD support. Pay them 2 cents an hour.

Pisses me off that nobody bought shenmue on dc. Sega still does the yakuza games so I'm wondering if this does well whether it means they take back control again of the series. Use the kickstarter trick for shenny 4 5 6 7 8 9 etc
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Yu suzuki wants 10 million to make open world shenmue:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... -shenmue-3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Witcher 3 had 13 million budget didn't it? Sony? give him the fucking money.

Maybe Yu wishes it to have more funding than star citizen? That game looks average and got huge fnding. I say it should look only like sega dc game but be long and detailef. It is indie title and not competing with modern triple a titles. If nintendo can get away with ps2 level faces in xenoblade so can shenmue 3.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

also lot of chatter about sony not funding the game but offering port support:
14 hours ago
@mega-gazz No, this is wrong. You have been hoodwinked by the myths being reported about the Kickstarter by our lazy, useless clickbait gaming media.

Sony will fund the marketing of the PS4 version, and may contribute some funds to the porting of the game from the original PC version, like they do for many third-party games. They are not putting money into the development of the game. If you read the article, Yoshida explains that if they did this then the game would be first-party. If it were first party, why would they not already have come out and said this?

They had it on their stage at E3 for a PR boost. They banked on gamers feeling a lot of goodwill towards Sony due to them appearing to be the ones to resurrect the Shenmue series from the dead. Them having Yu Suzuki on stage was no different from them having Destiny or COD, or other third-party stuff as part of their main presentation in years gone by. Unfortunately their PR stunt has backfired somewhat because people are now assuming, like you, that Sony are contributing a great deal of money towards the initial development of the game.

This is simply not the case and this myth needs to die otherwise the game is going to suffer and not reach its potential because of it.
all those that contributed don't feel like you wasted money it was just rumours. They need even more than 2.mill.

Maybe sony just buys him a ferrarri when the game sells. heh Could all be jedi mind tricks to make a mobile phone game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?t=81&v=Idw_IQx2L0g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

according to this witcher 3 was only 15million to produce.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/how-muc ... her-3-cost" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Polish developers make far less than their North American counterparts, meaning the overall cost of the Witcher III is much, much lower. That doesn't change the fact that the game was crazy expensive for Poland. So CD Projekt Red did amazing work on The Witcher III for far less than some other studios, but unless we're going to move all of our major development houses to Poland, the comparison simply doesn't work out.  
Yu suzuki needs to outsource the work to cd projekt red. Or some indians. Indians still wash thier bums barehanded when going to the toilet and do not even use toilet paper believe it or not. :up: The cost of living must be really cheap in these other countries which makes it easier. Just don't sell out to EA and put american crap in the games. (space marines, zombies, sex minigames, gays and lesbians etc to obtain hype) They ruined Dragon Age when they did the second game just to cash in on the title.
Last edited by GameHED on 23 Jun 2015 03:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

You need to stop making suggestions on what people should do on everything. This is Yu fucking Suzuki, you are in no place to be telling him what he should do with his game.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Actually when using kickstarter it's the investors. If the game sucks and doesn't live up to past stanadards Yu's rep will go down. Yu might still have to seek investment elsewhere if he goes the open world route and then it ceases being his baby and the others can order him to compromise on his vision. Similar to mad max fury road where the illuminati forced George Miller to put pro feminist propaganda in the story so it tricked us into thinking it was a guy movie. (goal of the UN is to remove masculinity from boys because it is thought to be destructive behavior as they are new age in religious beliefs)
Last edited by GameHED on 23 Jun 2015 03:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

He fills my browser up with nothing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Good because I don't want pro sony information on this board. I actually play games from all companies tomby. Not sales and console war bullshit. (when you buy games from all platforms you do not care who is winning a race) That's why I did't buy any next gen crap until flagship games are actually appearing. I don't want corporations to rape my wallets without delivering first. A lot of people who post here are trying to promote a company based on what they personally feel about the brand. It's emotional. I offer reason and careful analysis. Yu suzuki is ONLY NOW telling you to give him more money rather than just setting it to 10million. This is immoral. Because it means we could have had something better if he was honest with his target. Changing your mind suggests he has no confidence that he can complete the trilogy within the 2 million goal which has been reached already.

Witcher 3 only required small budget in relation to other games and I think shenmue would be better as low budget game without interference from too many investors outside of the kickstarter. Why? Because once they fund it, the original creator will have to compromise on his vision. I don't want that. Creators need full creative control just like the original 2 shenmue games. Not others interfering with the content.

Small budget done by hardworkers is better than bloated budget like gta v. GTA V could have been made cheaper if needed. Shen Mue needs to make a profit. That's important to remember since sega never thought about this stuff when dreamcast was around and we all know that caused sega to collapse as a hardware manufacturer. So if this third game is not the CONCLUSION To shenmue, and it doesn't make a profit, then we may not get the WHOLE STORY. It will remain unfinished. Very frustrating. I would rather low budget game with lots of things in it but NO HYPE CAMPAIGN, than an open world game that did not sell and because it cost more to make than gained profit, results in cancellation of other episodes and unfinished story. This is an indie game funded by fans. It doesn't need to compete with triple A games of today which cost 100s of millions. Any more than the sequel to wasteland needs to be hyped up like fallout sequel. Small budget games are fine if they get value for money in how its spent.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

You get that t0mby won't actually read that reply because he's got you on ignore, right?
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

They don't use ignore thatls why they complain. True ignoring is when you skip through posts. This is what I do. It's faster than complaining. Complaining means I'm suceedingb in pissing people off and getting attention. The screen res is limited so they feel frustrated.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

So a whole heap of stretch goals have been announced and I'm not sure why. The game will be lucky to hit $5 million, it most definitely won't hit $10 million. I don't really get the funding. He says he needs $10 million to make the game he wants, but is Sony coughing up that $10 mil or does he need $10 mil from us PLUS what Sony is providing?

I hope this game gets every chance it deserves :(
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

I told you cunts, this ain't going to be the shenmue 3 we've been wanting unless Sony backs it... Nobody mentioned 10million at the start, and apparently this was just a gauge anyway!!!

I've read don't is just helping to bring it over to PS4, the rest is up to investors and kick starter.

If someone doesn't throw some significant money at it it'll end up being shit.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

The funding seems to have stalled pretty hard now, yeah sounds like he needs a lot more money to make the game than originally assumed. Which in some ways rings alarm bells, it sounds like a bottomless pit, probably why no publisher/console maker wants to touch it.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

jizzlobber wrote:I told you cunts, this ain't going to be the shenmue 3 we've been wanting unless Sony backs it... Nobody mentioned 10million at the start, and apparently this was just a gauge anyway!!!

I've read don't is just helping to bring it over to PS4, the rest is up to investors and kick starter.

If someone doesn't throw some significant money at it it'll end up being shit.
If you really want the Shenmue 3 we've all been waiting for stop whinging and BACK IT!!!
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

cloud wrote:If you really want the Shenmue 3 we've all been waiting for stop whinging and BACK IT!!!
But jizzlobber doesn't want Shenmue 3, because it's coming to PS4 and not XB1.

It's as simple as that! This game releasing on a Playstation and not an Xbox, is like a knife through the heart for xbots (who are mostly hardcore Sega fans who switched to Xbox after the demise of Sega). I guarantee you a shitload of xbots literally shed a tear or two when Shenmue 3 was announced for PS4 and not XB1!

Xbots like jizzlobber and lestat WANT & NEED Shenmue 3 to FAIL...and that's the truth!!! :redface:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

I have a PS4/PC so I don't really give a shit, I just enjoy the drama :), Jizz on the other hand is probably a bit miffed why it's PS4 only when clearly Sony aren't really funding the game.

Yu is just limiting his backer base by limiting the game to 1 console. Considering the amount of funds he needs, it seems rather foolish. You're right a lot sega fans ended up in the arms of MS, hard to say how many backers he's potentially lost.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

lestat wrote:You're right a lot sega fans ended up in the arms of MS, hard to say how many backers he's potentially lost.
Most of those jumped ship to PS4 after that infamous Xbone reveal. :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

infamous is a Sony owned title, you must have dreamt it I'm afraid.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Hi know what could help out with the funding? Porting the first two games.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

That's it, I'm calling it...

This shenmue 3 campaign will end in disaster, in the end it'll come crumbling down.

No shit, everyone had a meltdown when it was announced, school girls at a 1D concert stuff, nobody send to care it wasn't going to happen the traditional way.

Now there are new details along the lines of 'it'll only be good if we get to 10 million'... And it's looking like it will be short of 5.

Today there was this weird twitch stream organized by some kick starter support firm called awesome Japan or some shit, was fucking ridiculous.

I think it's a basket case, a big player needs to get involved not just for financial support but for support all round.

Flame away... I just wanted this on record so I can say I picked it :)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

You shouldn't get flamed for this prediction - it's just a prediction. Time will tell.

I predict the game will be released and not be as open-world as one would hope/expect.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I'd he surprised if it was any bigger than one of the Yakuza games in terms of map size, maybe something like Yakuza 3.