SHENMUE III IS REAL OHFUCKOHFUCKOHFUCK SAILORS!!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: SHENMUE III IS REAL OHFUCKOHFUCKOHFUCK SAILORS!!

Post by t0mby »

lestat wrote:They're launching right next to death stranding now. :lol:
Yup, Death Stranding will be in the bargain bin next to Metal Gear Survive by Jan. :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

I thought that when it moved, moved it straight into Christmas\end of year blockbuster territory. When it's taken so long making people wait is an easy option. Surely the money's running out.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
F for Fake
XBL ID: Thread Killer
PSN ID: Cool_-_Z
Steam ID: Bell end

Post by F for Fake »

I wouldn't think they'd have to worry about clashing with blockbuster games as it's such a niche title.
Hard to imagine many sales beyond the Kickstarter.

I wonder if they will produce anything to get people caught up on the story. I feel like I'd have to atleast boot up the last disc of S2. Or atleast watch something on youtube.

In other news they added Shenmue to Sega Heroes...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh boy. :lol:
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Disgusting. Glad I went for the PS4 version.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I don’t quite understand the hate Epic Store gets. It sucks it’s another store front to keep updated but they offer good games at decent prices and they give more money back to the developer. Plus, more competition equals cheaper prices for all. I would hate a situation that’s developed on the consoles where there’s only one store front, you have to pray for a sale to get a decent price on games.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Twiztid Elf wrote:Disgusting. Glad I went for the PS4 version.
Will probably be unplayable anyway before a day 1 patch adds all the content.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Hercy wrote:
Twiztid Elf wrote:Disgusting. Glad I went for the PS4 version.
Will probably be unplayable anyway before a day 1 patch adds all the content.
Didn't you read the PR? Playing games with a Steam launcher is not as enjoyable as using the Epic Store. Sheesh. Thought you'd have known this by now being a PC gamer.

:D
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

I think the problem people have with Epic is the extremely basic features the store/launcher has. Also their weird stance on pricing/sales, which they've had to back pedal on recently.

There are also some people that don't like the association Epic has with tencent.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

People also getting noses out of joint over games promoting themselves on Steam, benefiting from the buzz of the Steam community, then dropping EGS exclusivity late in the piece. In this instance many of Shenmue 3's Kickstarter backers expressing disdain over having their choice of platform taken away despite their financial stake in the game.

It doesn't bother me whether games reside in my steamapps, GOG or Epic Store directories. They're all PC games to me. And if for example Remedy are further sustained by Epic Store exclusivity deals then it's a good thing in my view. That said, if a game I want is available on all stores at a similar price, Epic Store in its current state would be the last place I'd go.
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

The more stores the less likely you would lose your entire library if one went bust or shut down. But then more stores could also cause that to happen! :D

Sounds like it's cool to hate steam now. Microsoft are probably looking at all these news stores and wondering 'Why didn't they like me?'
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Cool to hate Steam again you mean. 2004 no one wanted their games online 24/7 but Half-Life 2 forced that. Now everyone wants their PC frames only on Steam. Make up ya minds ya spoilt little cunts.
Peppermint Lounge wrote:People also getting noses out of joint over games promoting themselves on Steam, benefiting from the buzz of the Steam community, then dropping EGS exclusivity late in the piece. In this instance many of Shenmue 3's Kickstarter backers expressing disdain over having their choice of platform taken away despite their financial stake in the game.
Generation snowflake. Their choice of platform has not been taken away. Fucken kids man. Wah wah I wanted to use Steam icons and have all my Steam friends see what game I am playing.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

As a very casual PC gamer, I wouldn't want to install yet another launcher just for one game. Particularly one with strong links to Tencent.
There's the bait and switch element here also. People invested under the understanding it would be on Steam. Now it's not. Seems easy to me to understand why people aren't happy about this.
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

I looked back at my Kickstarter emails. The project started in mid 2015. The first mention of Steam was mid 2018. So no-one invested thinking it was going to be on Steam. I expected a DVD based on the wording which was "A physical copy of Shenmue 3 in an exlusive, backer-only case (PC only)." Expected delivery date Dec 2017, LOL.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

It was a pre-order timed exclusive to Steam until June 10th.

Someone forgot to read the extra-fine print which is located under the fine-print on the bottom of the page.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Ok. I never really took much interest in what the delivery was. I was just happy to help make it happen, PC or whatever. Back then Epic didn't even exist.
As soon as I knew I could PS4 version, I took no care at all about the PC version.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Glorious. Master Race happy again!
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Haha, I just got a 3 day ban from Etcera for saying people whinged about Steam in 2004 and Origin in 2011, people would move on from this in time

Fucken snowflakes
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I don't know how anyone can actually post at that place and still have an active account.

I'm actually pretty annoyed about this news. I'm all for all of my games being digital, but Shenmue is possibly the only game where I wanted a physical version. I have Shenmue 1 and 2, I need to complete the collection. I would have chosen the PS4 version had I known about this (despite not owning the console). I'm pretty sure I'm even on record in this thread for encouraging someone to make sure they get a physical version because one day this will cost nothing digitally.
F for Fake
XBL ID: Thread Killer
PSN ID: Cool_-_Z
Steam ID: Bell end

Post by F for Fake »

You'll still get a physical copy (provided you backed it), it just has a download code inside. That's what I'm assuming anyway, as it's the norm for PC games these days.
t0mby wrote:Haha, I just got a 3 day ban from Etcera for saying people whinged about Steam in 2004 and Origin in 2011, people would move on from this in time
Fucken snowflakes
Wow just went there for the first time since the split. What a toxic place. All they have to do is make a mod post basically saying "don't argue" then anytime a dissenting opinion comes up they can just shout "he didn't read the mod post!" and it's a justified ban -_-
God help us if that's where we have ended up.

I personally couldn't give a shit about which store it's on. They're all just so entitled these days, surprised they're even the type to buy Shenmue.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Saw some gameplay footage from E3, wow it looks bad. It's shenmue alright. :lol:

I understand why the publisher took that Epic money. This game is going to bomb and they already got their money from hardcore fans, they had to get money from somewhere else.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

t0mby wrote:Haha, I just got a 3 day ban from Etcera
Guilty of wrongthink!
User banned: Inflammatory false equivalence. Inflammatory whataboutism. History of severe infractions.

Why even read there?
I've popped my head in there and smh in disbelief a couple of times this E3. Probably the last time I visited there was last E3.
GAF has been a much better place without them.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Gameplay footage from E3.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

F for Fake wrote:You'll still get a physical copy (provided you backed it), it just has a download code inside. That's what I'm assuming anyway, as it's the norm for PC games these days.
No, no, physical copy OF THE GAME. I thought that's what I paid for. Not a box with a piece of paper inside. I should have realised this would happen and gone the PS4 version.
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Assuming the PS4 copy isn't a code in a box too, or at most just a launcher that requires an immediate "update".

But yeah, I expected and prefer a DVD copy that I can still use when the Epic store is dead.