SHENMUE III IS REAL OHFUCKOHFUCKOHFUCK SAILORS!!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Re: SHENMUE III IS REAL OHFUCKOHFUCKOHFUCK SAILORS!!

Post by lestat »

Candy Arse wrote:
cloud wrote:Holy shit lestat can't you just be FUCKEN happy we're getting SHENMUE 3 FFS!
Not being on XBONE has made him very, very salty.

Just knowing I'm going to be able to finish the story....I sunk so many fucking hours into the first 2 games....very very happy. Great day to be an unbiased gamer, terrible day to be lestat.
When I heard rumors I knew it was probably going to be PS4 exclusive, PS4 has better Japanese presence and I believe the game sold better in Japan, Cerny has been courting Yu for a while now. Besides PC version overrides all anyways.

I just don't get the reaction from some here, I know what impact the game had on the business side of Sega so I don't see it with rose tinted glasses like many here.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

We play games, not financial spreadsheets.

I'm pumped to get back into the Shenmue universe and most of all get closure to the story.

The game cannot play exactly like it did, it has to be modernised in a number of areas. I'm excited that this discussion is even happening...
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

lestat wrote:
Candy Arse wrote:
cloud wrote:Holy shit lestat can't you just be FUCKEN happy we're getting SHENMUE 3 FFS!
Not being on XBONE has made him very, very salty.

Just knowing I'm going to be able to finish the story....I sunk so many fucking hours into the first 2 games....very very happy. Great day to be an unbiased gamer, terrible day to be lestat.
When I heard rumors I knew it was probably going to be PS4 exclusive, PS4 has better Japanese presence and I believe the game sold better in Japan, Cerny has been courting Yu for a while now. Besides PC version overrides all anyways.

I just don't get the reaction from some here, I know what impact the game had on the business side of Sega so I don't see it with rose tinted glasses like many here.
Maybe we're excited because we care about the fucking games, instead of how many dollars corporation X or Y did or didn't make/lose you corporate slut!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

:kickpwn:
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

Candy Arse wrote:Or it could be like the first GSP vs Matt Serra fight.

I'll take the chance on the game coming out and being a letdown than the game not coming out at all. Looking forward to punching Zhao Longsun in the face.
For sure, I'm not getting my hopes up like the rest of the internet though... It needs sonys help to be great imo.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Scullibundo wrote:Maybe we're excited because we care about the fucking games, instead of how many dollars corporation X or Y did or didn't make/lose you corporate slut!
I get excited about games too, just not ones that ruin great companies from making future great games.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Shenmue commercial.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

jizzlobber wrote:
Candy Arse wrote:Or it could be like the first GSP vs Matt Serra fight.

I'll take the chance on the game coming out and being a letdown than the game not coming out at all. Looking forward to punching Zhao Longsun in the face.
For sure, I'm not getting my hopes up like the rest of the internet though... It needs sonys help to be great imo.
It needs a lot of help from Sony, Yu Suzuki being able to summon the greatness and the community in general chucking enough money at it to convince those with the big dollars that this shit is worth it.

Obviously I'm taking a glass half full approach with this. In this instance, right now, something is better than nothing! I never believed it would seriously happen until today.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

lestat wrote:
Scullibundo wrote:Maybe we're excited because we care about the fucking games, instead of how many dollars corporation X or Y did or didn't make/lose you corporate slut!
I get excited about games too, just not ones that ruin great companies from making future great games.
Sega's dead, I would happily sacrifice Sony to give life to Shenmue 3.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

$1.5mil

It'll be funded tonight.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Xbots can't deny...this is a HUGE loss for Microsoft!

The xbox fanbase has always been mostly bitter & out for Sony blood ex-sega fans, so it is quite surprising this is heading to a PSX system and not an XBOX system. :?
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

No shit.
Madmya wrote:Seeing this arriving on PS4 makes me a little dead inside, thank christ for PC.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

If you think about it - it's actually a MASSIVE slap in the face to the millions of Sega fans who took refuge with the XBOX brand.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Read lestat's post at the top of the page. It's not hard to think how it's happened given Sony is a Japanese company, Yu probably has friends with them and they're in a better position to chase him, Shenmue has a bigger name there?

I think it's a missed opportunity for Phil Spencer.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

It's really not that bad, Jasper. In the other thread you're talking shit about how important it is to be proper exclusive and not on PC as well, this is no different. I'm able to play it on PC.
Spoonfan
On an endless search for Sailors ...
On an endless search for Sailors ...
XBL ID: Segahead
PSN ID: Segahead
Steam ID: neonfrog83

Post by Spoonfan »

I can't believe this day has finally come.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

I know this is not going to win friends for me on here, but I've always seen Shenmue as a fairly average game series. Never really saw the appeal, and seeing fanboys crying today makes me think either I'm not seeing something or there's some serious overreactions happening. Either way, I'm happy for it's dedicated fans to get what they've wanted, but I personally can't see the big deal here...
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Yeah you're definitely missing something. Did you play through both games?
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Madmya wrote:Read lestat's post at the top of the page. It's not hard to think how it's happened given Sony is a Japanese company, Yu probably has friends with them and they're in a better position to chase him, Shenmue has a bigger name there?

I think it's a missed opportunity for Phil Spencer.
Cerny worked at sega, he knows and is good friends with Yu, this deal is largely his doing, I don't think Phil had a chance or any interest in doing something like this. The game is 2 years away if all goes well, it's not going to drive hardware sales for such a niche title which most people like Vince thought was average, shenmue bombed at retail.

The BC news imo is probably the best news for pushing new hardware, it means 360 users can sell their hardware now to subsidize a xbox one purchase. Still a lot of users stuck on last gen hardware and no price cuts announced this year means this will matter.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Xbox is where Japanese games go to die. PS4 is the only console that makes sense for Shenmue 3.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

lestat wrote:The BC news imo is probably the best news for pushing new hardware, it means 360 users can sell their hardware now to subsidize a xbox one purchase. Still a lot of users stuck on last gen hardware and no price cuts announced this year means this will matter.
That's great that Microsoft will sell more XBONES (and still trail PS4), but here in "we like playing games" land, there is much better news from this E3 than 360 BC.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Shenmue listed for $130 on eBay.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Shenmue-Drea ... 2ee2039e28" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Another one for $212 http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SEGA-Dreamca ... 34bed5de4I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; bought my copy of a PN member many years ago for like $40-45.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Shit, my Shenmue is in better condition than that!
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

I sold my pal shenmue 2 for $260 5 years ago... Couldn't believe it.

I think gamma had a sealed copy.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

The people seeing shenmue as nothing to care about are crazy. What Zelda OOT was to nintendo platforms, Shenmue was to the Dreamcast or Final Fatasy 7 was to playstation 1.

It's more about the experience than just the raw gameplay. Once in a while a game comes along that people don't understand but slowly gains fan following. Animal Crossing on n64. (life sim with trading that does not require internet) Elite. (space trading simulator which lets you go ANYWHERE) Dues Ex. (conspiracy simulator) Shenmue (beat em up RPG) is the same. Much like Earthbound its got a fanbase that is desperate to see more.

I consider it like what ultima 7 is to fantasy rpg on old systems. Yes it aged badly because of how long it's taken to get the game out but the same could be said of many games like resident evil for instance. (this series had crap controls even for the time it was first released - but people seem to love re-buying it again)

"But gaming today is different" Yeah ok but not better. Look at the average FPS today where you can't even go backwards or move in any direction you wish because they put you in a corridor and don't want you to have fun replaying a level. Most of the things are uninteractive in the environment and some of the action in the background is fake animated wallpaper. Not the immersion we get from wandering around which is realistic. Shenmue lets you look at objects and shit and has so much detail for its time. It's immersive. The closest we get is Yakuza. Look how uninteractive GTA 5 is. You can't go into every building or pick up things and look at them up close. Boring.
Last edited by GameHED on 16 Jun 2015 06:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto