SHENMUE III IS REAL OHFUCKOHFUCKOHFUCK SAILORS!!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: SHENMUE III IS REAL OHFUCKOHFUCKOHFUCK SAILORS!!

Post by Candy Arse »

Hopefully Sega are busy making Virtua Fighter 6.
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

lestat wrote:They asked a question to Yu about remasters, he said 1/2 were properties of sega and it's up to them.

So basically it looks like Yu has taken over the rights for future installments, sega is not involved at all.
Actually, SEGA still holds the rights, but they've worked out an agreement where SEGA is allowing Suzuki and co to use the property for Shenmue III.

Makes it even more admirable what Sony is doing, since if it's successful, they don't really stand to gain anything beyond Shenmue III.
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

LOL I love this guy's reaction to the Shenmue announcement. Dude just finished losing his mind over the FF7 reaction and is texting his bro or some shit about it, when those first notes of the Shenmue theme make him do a double take.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGiTb0JVmHk#t=15s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Sí tenemos traducción al español !
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Shenmue!

I love these reaction vids. It's just a bunch of people who are blown away and are so deliriously happy.

The dude at the e3 live desk was the greatest.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

t0mby wrote:Haven't moved any goal posts this E3, maybe you should go to Specsavers. :thefinger:
Yeah you did. You responded to a comment about the future by explaining how you feel about the present.

Move dem goal posts bitch and while you're at it book into a primary school level comprehension class.

You won't respond to this because you know you're wrong.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Sony are now officially helping to fund the game.
From GAF;

It was just announced by Gio Corsi during their Live from E3 Stream on twitch. It was something to gauge interest and since it hit it's goal they are officially partnering up to help fund and develop with YS Net.
So Sony saves Shenmue. This won't go down well here :lol:

Let me be clear on this, I don't care who funds the development of the game, be it MS/Sony or Nintendo, it's just getting made and that's the only thing that matters.

Adam Boyes on why they're funding it and put out the kickstarter.
https://youtu.be/FRGlVDi3FHQ?t=1m40s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

Cunts still crying about Shenmue 3 getting kickstarted? Get the fuck over it! Shenmue is coming bitches!
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

flipswitch wrote:Sony are now officially helping to fund the game.
So Sony saves Shenmue. This won't go down well here :lol:
It's only right they pay for their war crimes. ;)
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

:lol: that's an excellent way of putting it.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Surely there was always a funding agreement, well I always assumed there was as a $2mil budget for that team assembled wouldn't go far. I'm just so happy its being made and its for the fans hence why the Kickstarter hasn't received much anger as the fanbase understands that this is the only way it would happen. I put down for $100, was going to go $120 for the toy but then I thought I'd be shitty if I scored the Forklift!

If the gaming companies started this shit with more run of the mill sequels etc they'd get pummeled for it but I do expect some more crowd sourcing attempts based on this, business is business after all. It could be a move by Sony to woo Suzuki into their fold as well?
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Froggy wrote: I put down for $100, was going to go $120 for the toy but then I thought I'd be shitty if I scored the Forklift!
This just made me want to go the $120 pledge...
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Congratulations to all who supported this.

I knew it would work because the average person today has enough money to own all three platforms. The days when you only stuck to one console are over. But notice how even as adults you are fighitng over which platform is the best? And nobody seems to get it that this isn't about you and your ego. It's about fans of a series finally being able to finish an episodic series. To those complaining about this: what other options are there if there is no business willing to eat the risk? You identify the problem but offer no solution. MS didn't want to pay. Sony does but on condition that real genuine interest is shown by people who were fans of the old games.

The only thing you should worry about is whether it's going to suck or rule. I don't see how it can suck since the creator of the first two is involved and it's not some cash in of the shenmue name headed by an unknown person.

MS and PC fanboys don't give a fuck about japanese games. Sony fans are not as racist or redneck-ish as the MS guys who only play shooters. So it's not suprise sony is coming to save the day here. Maybe Sony can use Yu to make a series like Shenmue and Yakuza after this game is finished but under new franchise? (no need to keep sega's IP)

Just give him loads of money and get him to make a post apoc version of shenmue with a budget larger than GTA5 and its exclusive to PS4. The main character is like the dude in Fist of the North Star and wanders around helping people with his fighting skills. The theme is Fukushima reactors causing mutation in japan and people have developed mutant powers and gone insane and preying on innocent people, so it's up to you to use your martial arts skills to kill the bullies who have superhuman strength and trying to conquer the world. Each leader of the tribes has different gang problems and you go on bounty hunting missions like the guy in Vampire Hunter D to earn a living. You don't just fight but you can heal people and recruit followers and you bond with them over time. (make it hyper gorey like the anime series "Beserk")
The stories have mature themes and there are many grey characters in it with your character being the last good guy on earth as everyone is cannibalising each other for survival. (

Maybe put in giants to appeal to the "Attack on Titan" fans. But these giants are supernaturally powerful not just big dudes with good genes. They entered the world from portal to other dimension because evil priests needed the aid of demonic servants and turned to black magic as last resort. The origin of the giants is they were a product of experimentation in ancient times before recorded human history to see if mutation could create super soldiers and using radiation they made giant sized humans by deliberate pollution of the environment so over time they became a race of warriors. Think of this like the origin of "The Hulk" but an "army of Hulks". To reverse this effect they had to be destroyed in a flood and given normal bodies but they retain supernatural strength because there is multiple spirits in one body as the giants consumed the souls of their victims and absorbed the victims powers into them allowing them to break chains and avoid capture. The opening of portals by evil priests allows them to enter the world of the living again with new bodies as the houses to keep them anchored here.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Anyone here planning on playing through the first two again leading up to the release of 3? I don't think I've got Shenmue 1, only #2 on the DC (Thanks GCF!!!).
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

no fucken way...

No sour grapes here, I honestly don't care. I played them. I didn't love them but enjoyed them. The original was a big deal 14 years ago. Walking around a poulated town...talking to people. Waiting for people. Looking for sailors. Vending machine toys. But 14 years later...I dunno. They should have made a CGI feature movie and finished the story. Everything about Shenmue has been refined and defined in other games. I'm sceptical. I'm a sceptic. I didn't pledge. I'll just borrow t0mby's copy if it's worth playing.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Why not, we're practically neighbours anyway. :D
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Just hit 3 million. The milky bars are on me.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

YEWWW!!
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

flipswitch wrote:Just hit 3 million. The milky bars are on me.
Awww dude, you don't have to recite Kiwi adverts for me, I'm not homesick yet.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Happy for the fans. I never played them. I tried number 1 but it didn't click. There was a cute little girl I remember thinking was cute. It was so Japanese, appalling English dub included. It works that Sony should collaborate to bring it back. War crimes. :D
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/17/an-i ... i-yoshida/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In an interview with Engadget, Sony's Shuhei Yoshida discussed how the announcement of Shenmue 3 and its Kickstarter came to take place at Sony's E3 press conference. Shenmue creator Yu Suzuki managed to convince SEGA to allow the project to be Kickstarted. Because Sony liked the project, their third-party relations team made the deal to launch the Kickstarter at the conference. Engadget then asked if there are any more cult titles Sony plans to help with crowdfunding. A PR representative responded, saying that "they're building a list."
Are there other beloved cult titles we can expect to see Sony boost in terms of crowdfunding?

I don't know. Gio Corsi [director of third-party production and developer relations] is the guy working on that.

(Sony PlayStation PR: They're building a list.)
#4theinvestors :lol:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Not sure how that's a bad thing...
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

There is no guarantee with kickstarters, projects fail and you wear that cost.

Consumers are being required to fill the role of an investor with no upside like a regular investor, risk vs reward.

It's ultimately anticonsumer, especially when big multinationals are involved.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

Gamers should not have to lay down their money to help a game exist... It's fucking crook.

That's what publishers are for.

This whole Shenmue thing, if it was just a "gauge" for Sony, they should refund every cent and pay for the development process themselves.

It's fucked
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

You can get a copy of the game for $29. That's great value. If people want to pay $100 to be in the credits or $20 extra for a plastic trinket then that's on them.