SHENMUE III IS REAL OHFUCKOHFUCKOHFUCK SAILORS!!

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

flipswitch
que
que

Re: SHENMUE III IS REAL OHFUCKOHFUCKOHFUCK SAILORS!!

Post by flipswitch »

Yup.

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Lot of cashed up nerds out there. Yu must be happy. E3 got him lots of exposure. Told you this was a great idea to use kickstarter. Today's gaming scene is bigger than it was in the DC days. You have more respect for indies today and if you are professional with good work ethic it should be easy to beg for money as they trust you already due to past achievements in your career.
Last edited by GameHED on 16 Jun 2015 01:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Yup, definitely time for the fans to put their money where their mouth is.

/backs.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

t0mby wrote:Yup, definitely time for the fans to put their money where their mouth is.

/backs.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

Where were these cunts years ago?
We would've already played this if it sold back in the day.

I'm not getting ahead of myself here, I want to see more before getting excited... Suzuki is a legend but things have changed, the talent isn't in Japan anymore, Suzuki is no longer to dog at Sega, he's a has-been.

I mean he's gone the kickstarter route ffs... I fear for shenmue 3, and although we'll finally get some closure on the story side I just don't care like I once did.

This ain't an xbot thing, if it's decent I'll be playing it... It's that simple.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

$100 pledged.
My name. In the credits of a Yu Suzuki game? What a wonderful, wonderful thing to happen. I'm tearing up with happiness.
:up:
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

It's going kickstarter because no sane financial backer would touch it with a ten foot pole.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Madmya wrote:It's going kickstarter because no sane financial backer would touch it with a ten foot pole.
The original games were money pits and looking at the goals this one will spiral in cost too.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

jizzlobber wrote:Where were these cunts years ago?

I'm not getting ahead of myself here, I want to see more before getting excited... Suzuki is a legend but things have changed, the talent isn't in Japan anymore, Suzuki is no longer to dog at Sega, he's a has-been.

I mean he's gone the kickstarter route ffs... I fear for shenmue 3, and although we'll finally get some closure on the story side I just don't care like I once did.

This ain't an xbot thing, if it's decent I'll be playing it... It's that simple.
Much salty tears.
Twiztid Elf wrote:$100 pledged.
My name. In the credits of a Yu Suzuki game? What a wonderful, wonderful thing to happen. I'm tearing up with happiness.
:up:

Wish I could afford that but I haven't found a job yet so I just pledged $35, a little more than the $29 needed for a Digital Copy. I have faith this will work but I wonder how much is needed for the 2nd and 3rd location. Also, sounds like regardless of whether there is a 2nd or 3rd locale, the release datre is Xmas 2017. A long way away but dammit, I need closure.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

....if I had money to throw around....$10k to have dinner with Yu? I'd be so in.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

t0mby wrote:

Much salty tears.
The tears will come when fans get the game and it disappoints, I'm with jizz here, Yu hasn't done anything in a decade, the video released doesn't inspire much confidence either.
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

lestat wrote:
t0mby wrote:

Much salty tears.
The tears will come when fans get the game and it disappoints, I'm with jizz here, Yu hasn't done anything in a decade, the video released doesn't inspire much confidence either.
The video released is a no-budget mock-up that uses a scene from Shenmue II 14 years ago without original voice actors. Try harder, bro.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

^^Don't worry, Lestat never finished Shenmue 2 or he would've known that. Fake Dreamcast fan confirmed. ;)
lestat wrote:
t0mby wrote:

Much salty tears.
Lol, whatever dude, you're so negative towards anything not on Xbox it's not funny. Most of us have yearned for this sequel, year after year been disappointed with nothing and even hundreds of people posting on Gaf saying if only it was Kickstarted. Now it is and we get that chance to to put our money on the table and in under 3hrs it's already reached $1.2 million. Your faith in gaming lately seems to rely only on 1080/60fps. If it's not, it's shit. If it's not on Xbox, it's shit. Cry moar.

:t0mby:
Last edited by t0mby on 16 Jun 2015 02:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

I heard that when the $2million goal is hit other investors will see this as a sign that fans genuinely will buy the game and then they will provide additional funding to get the game done.

So I'm wondering now whether this is just a way to guage interest in the creation of the game and the real big money will come from sony? Because to me it seems like Sony want to make it their exclusive. If sony backs it like nintendo backed Bayonetta 2 it will encourage owners of an Xbone to buy a PS4 and then that opens the door to getting them to buy other sony titles now that they have a ps4?

Shenmue = sony's bayonetta 2.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Scullibundo wrote: The video released is a no-budget mock-up that uses a scene from Shenmue II 14 years ago without original voice actors. Try harder, bro.
:lol: Holy shit, maybe lestat should go back and actually play the first 2 games before trolling 3 again.

Tough day to be an xbot.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

lestat gtfo of this thread.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Candy Arse wrote:
Scullibundo wrote: The video released is a no-budget mock-up that uses a scene from Shenmue II 14 years ago without original voice actors. Try harder, bro.
:lol: Holy shit, maybe lestat should go back and actually play the first 2 games before trolling 3 again.

Tough day to be an xbot.
Since when did I claim that was from shenmue 3? It's clearly mocked up in unreal engine as a proof of concept and it still looks dated and underwhelming.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

:lol:

This guy...points for effort. Rough day for you guys, but for the rest of us this is pretty spectacular.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

The cunts years ago might not have had jobs so maybe now that they've grown up a bit leanred how to suck up to their bosses and get raises and moved up a bit in status, they can afford to fund the sequel. That's why I think now is the time to go kickstarter because the game scene has grown as people have grown with it. Making an open world beat em up rpg shouldn't be seen as risky anymore since the budgets for games have gone up. (GTA 5 for example is up there with movies) Yakuza games are an example of shenmue type game that seems to be ok. It should be a straight forward thing. Give dude money. Dude makes game. Fans buy his game and profits roll in as they are more rich now than when they were still in college or highschool and flipped burgers at maccas to pay for stuff.

I used the terminator analogy. The first movie was low budget horror flick. The second movie was a big budget action movie with CG. But there was a huge gap between the release of T2 to T1 because in the 80s computer technology was too shit to do the morphing FX and they had to wait until it caught up before the movie sequel could be done. Same thing with shenmue but instead of needing to wait for tech to catch up, it's more about getting money. The tech is already here.
Last edited by GameHED on 16 Jun 2015 03:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

Holy shit lestat can't you just be FUCKEN happy we're getting SHENMUE 3 FFS!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I'd be more than happy if Shenmue 3 is in Shenmue 2 graphics.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

cloud wrote:Holy shit lestat can't you just be FUCKEN happy we're getting SHENMUE 3 FFS!
Not being on XBONE has made him very, very salty.

Just knowing I'm going to be able to finish the story....I sunk so many fucking hours into the first 2 games....very very happy. Great day to be an unbiased gamer, terrible day to be lestat.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

I'll put my thoughts into a UFC analogy for Randy... Think of it like Royce Gracie going up against today's fighters like Cormier, and a training camp at the local police boys club.
Everyone would be excited, heaps of hype, he was the king!!... But come fight time, the old man just can't compete with the new breed who have surpassed his peak skills by some distance while he has lost touch over the years, growing old, working on his garden... And the hyped up fans who have poured their money at the PPV and donations to the PCYC are left feeling ripped off, and disappointed.

But upsets can happen... Right?
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

OMG......... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Shenmue 3's announcement and my shocking return from an almost 1 year hiatus....all in the one day!?!?! :shock:

You lucky boys! Isn't it just so wonderful to be a Games Rancher right about now? :keke:
Last edited by Jasper on 16 Jun 2015 03:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Or it could be like the first GSP vs Matt Serra fight.

I'll take the chance on the game coming out and being a letdown than the game not coming out at all. Looking forward to punching Zhao Longsun in the face.