King of Fighters XIV - PS4

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

King of Fighters XIV - PS4

Post by Candy Arse »

Trailer shown at TGS from Sony's presentation.

Too bad KOF was always shit, right?
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Re: King of Fighters XIV - PS4

Post by lestat »

The previous attempts to make KOF 3d weren't that great, will check it out when it comes out though. I hope they do a steam edition, KOF XIII was pretty good on steam.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

5$ steam sale pick up, gotcha.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Candy Arse wrote:
Trailer shown at TGS from Sony's presentation.

Too bad KOF was always shit, right?
It is if you don't like the more asian focused style of the fighting. Most of the characters in the street fighter games seem aimed at international audience with more diversity between characters whereas KOF relies on popularity of characters to determone whether they are in the yearly tourney. KOF has many characters that just clones of each other with hadokens and dp moves so they feel less unique compared to characters in SF franchise. And they all seem spammy and rely on combos and trying to do flashy things and try to appear cool by wearing bomber jackets and shit as if they were rejects in a 1980s michael jackson music video which is indicated by thier poses and taunts. It's too cheesy for me lol

Also just for the record I also think the final fight games are better than streets of rage games despite not having as much cool co-op techniques and music) There is something about the weight and physics of orignal final fight games that appeals to me where timing between each character feels unique due to slight weight differences. (later FF games seem to have lost that fine tuning as cash-ins of the popular name)

After having said that I have nothing against KOF but it IS the lesser game in terms of unique characters. I don't identify well with skinny dudes with lots of flames coming out of their hands. It's like they all taught each other supposedly 'secret' techniques and now they all cloned each other's moves. Yes capcom has cheesy things but they try harder to appeal to many types of people. Where is a black, indian, alien, mutant in kof that sticks out like sore thumb compared to all the other regular dudes? This is what makes SF more appealing imo . Each character is like a megaman boss with unique frailties and they are like puzzles to be solved. They are not merely there to appear 'extreme' or cool. Some are visually quite weak looking but turn out to be tough - Oro and Gen for instance. (street fighter equivalents of Yoda in star wars) The characters feel like different people designed each one.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
klee123

Post by klee123 »

This game looks terrible. Even worse than the MI games.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Holy shit, Geese looks fucking insane. Preorder confirmed! :up:

Been watching all the teaser trailers and this game is really coming together nicely. The gameplay captures the original 2d games perfectly and they keep improving the visuals.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Just make sure to keep it slightly cartoony looking.

Don't make the characters too realistic or it will break the feel of older games.

I picture the characters as comic book characters or people from fighting animes, not as realistic proportioned human like tekken or VF. (that was the big mistake capcom took with blanka for sf4 - they changed his look too much imo and all those people who played 2d street fighters noticed the weird change of style from 2d to 3d and not everyone liked it)
For example in old 2d games when a character did a big move sometimes their limb would look slightly enlarged or out of proportion to the rest of thier body to highlight the power for that move. And in cartoons you see this all the time sometimes it is exagerated for humorous effect or just to give the character more life. ie things grow and expand and stretch a little bit so they don't look like toys or action figures fighting, but instead look like living things. A good animation lets you bend the rules of physics a bit and the transition to 3d often results in characters appearing stiff like mannequins. You don't want that. When people complain for instance about Ryu's "hobbit feet" in street fighter 4, what they don't get is they were always there in the street fighter alpha games too, but you just didn't notice as much because it was just a low res sprite. Birdies arms in the alpha games were fucking enormous in proportion to his lower body and original Balrog from the classic 1990's street fighter games had tiny legs that looked ridiculous. It was a cartoon and when adapted for 3d there is the risk that you lose some of the deformity associated with a comic book world which some people prefer.

They tried to bring it back in SF4 when Seth does his spinny move on your character and sends you flying to the wall and your characters tongue is poking out but it kinda failed since the cartoony expressions were not consistent to ALL characters because in 3D they forget these are fictional beings with comic universe, not like VF or Tekken universe where its more "CG comic". You don't want the game to feel like 3D game. You want it to be a 2.5D game that feels like a 2d game but just happens to take advantage of 3D for things like dramatic camera angles and shit. (ie see Guilty Gear Xrd for a great example here where everything still feels flat shaded and hand drawn - that's the crowd capcom pissed off when SF4 came out and chose to mess with the body shapes of the characters too much. Blanka was one of the first ones I noticed when SF4 first came out where he looks weak because they went with more a monkey shape not a bulky ape like Donky Kong which is how he looked in old Street Fighter games. By making him more human and having him speak english rather than give loud Roars like a "bigfoot"-type creature as his victory pose, he lost his beast-like appeal from the 90s games. It would be like making chewbacca from the star wars movies talk to you in english rather than make grunting and animalistic barks. You would go "WTF?? I didn't know he was human?")

Fans of 2d fighting games want 2d comic book physics and not CG cartoon physics. (where the characters are more like rigid mannequins from 3D fighting games of the 90s)
^
note how they never use the realistic lighting to give the illusion it was just drawings for cartoon? That's what I think KOF should go from now on. Not the SF4 and SF5 look of clay models. Lay off those realism effects.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

This just released on the quiet, a demo is out. I had a go this morning. It's pretty good, they nailed the gameplay, feels just like the 2d versions but with better animation. Graphics are serviceable, some of the character models look pretty good imo, true to the art of the original 2d games, framerate is solid 60fps. The game is pretty hard to play on the PS4 pad, I really want this but I don't have a PS4 stick. I hear a PC port is coming, so I might just wait for that.

Anyone with a PS4 stick though, check it out and download the demo. :up:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I saw a Geese combo that does insane damage, baby combo at that using two supers. I'll grab this when it comes to Steam.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Will buy this to show support for SNK.

I bet it was Candy's Idea to make it 3D just so they can make money selling sexy costumes as DLC.

The rest of us would rather they go the 2d look and be poor guys that sell mechandise to fund the expensive games.

Hopefully when the pc version comes out the nude mod for Mai will be ready.

Can't complain about the shit graphics as they are new to doing 3d.

When they get the hang of it, they might be able to pull off that Wind Waker/Guilty Gear Xrd look that is popular in japan.

For me when SF franchise went from SF4 and onwards, it kinda wrecked the look of some characters for instance when blanka stopped being a giant bigfoot style beast and more like a humanoid that can speak english instead of growl like an animal. In his crouched stance he looks like a monkey that's sick and dying not the huge mass of the old 2d sprite.

The old 2D versions of characters just seemed to have more appeal to me for some reason. I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe because in 2D they exagerrate certain features. (eg birdie has massive fists in the alpha games and you know he can't be real so when going to 3D they tone down that look a bit?) They need to keep them in anime form as much as they can afford to. Tekken uses realistic bodies for a reason: it tries to replicate a bit of relaistic martial arts. SF doesn't need to do this since it is cartoon fantasy universe more. The difference is only slight but its noticeable.

As long as the gameplay is intact you can't complain. You get a massive roster, even if they look like plastic toys killing each other when nobody is around. And everything is shiny and reflects light because someone painted clear coat over them so paint wouldn't scratch off the figures too easily.

CG is invading anime, and it looks crap unless it's a sci fi show with robots imo:
Robots look way better using the toyetic appearance, (viewing action from dramatic angles give the object a sense of weight in relation to other objects and they are scaled perfectly) but actual people have always been better as flat shaded which is why I like the anime style more. (SF3, Guilty Gear, Wind Wake/Zelda Breath of the Wild etc)
Last edited by GameHED on 26 Aug 2016 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Are you scared to play people in KOF as well CrackHED, or is it just Street Fighter?
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Thee is a lot of people like you who are slowly wrecking all the male spaces by saying stupid shit like online gaming is better than local gaming. Then not seeing that you are not as important as the core fanbase that actually pays money for games.

You don't even buy games. You are like the SJWs who complain, but then don't bloody buy stuff.

Now they are going after the comic book nerds:
We the TRUE gamer, don't like you giving crappy advice which bankrupts these companies. Stop telling capcom that it's ok to not have arcade mode and saying nobody cares about it. Clearly loads of people do and money is being lost thanks to this whole focus on making fighting games a F2P experience of buying dumb DLC costumes which are things you can get free as mods on pc. STOP WRECKING GAMING MAN! Agh. The coders need to listen to the customers, not vocal minorities like you.
I am only buying full games. And only UNCENSORED. Why did you let capcom listen to the feminists? Cuz you want to ruin gaming. Why didn't you get angry when ghostbusters sucked? Because you had a hand in putting SJW friendly content.
Now you are trying to ruin fighting games by making it all about celebrity status and online play. Nobody plays online as it is laggy as shit. OK? NOBODY THAT MATTERS DOES THAT. PUT THE FUCKING ARCADE MODE IN NEXT TIME.
Also please stop telling them to take out all the titty jiggle and arcade modes in all the games you dick.

Did you even play the last KOF game? I bet SNK almost died thanks to you selling pirated PC copies to fund your pc upgrades. And that's why we have to now settle for this ps2 quality graphics nonsense that nobody likes.. This is what happens when companies don't profit. hey have to cut corners and go the cheap route, costing them metacritic points.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

2000 words and you didn't answer the question.

1 - you should enter politics
2- Cool story bro
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Those are old questions I answered a long time ago:

Iron sharpens iron.
If a good player must spar against bad ones he weakens himself. I get not growth if I hang around noobs at fighting games. I prefer playing with real serious players who play casually and don't give a shit about online gaming or trying to prove things to gain some kind of recognition. Imagine if Bruce Lee responded to challenges of every single martial artists who wanted to fight him? He would never get any sleep.

Plus you insist on believing that online gaming is part of serious fighting game culture. It simply is NOT.

Let us say that I play you online and I win fair and square and never want to play against you ever again. You will fall back on the excuse that it wasn't really me. (and then keep asking for rematches and if you don't get the result you want you will stop playing the game out of anger, which is not the result I want. Would rather you be happy and keep getting better) Because there is no way to tell who is holding the controller. This is why you play people in real life bubble boy. We, the true gamers do not take guys like you who play games on keyboard seriously. You are only interested in fighting games after they started getting ported to pc. I have been interested in them long before they ever came to console or PC way before games like street fighter even came out. You guys only play popular games like Sf but never even help to pimp the other games like pokken tournament. Because they are not on PC.

I get it. You want everyone to play on steam or play in online laggy tournaments but the rest of us don't want this because fighting games were designed to be played next to real people using one screen and it is not necessary to have seperate screens. When I say real I mean your friends in real life, not people that rage quit and then complain on social media how the game is broken because they don't understand the limits of thier character and how to overcome others by playing conservatively and avoiding unnecessary risk.

Man you idiots are the dumbest motherfuckers on the boards.

You get so angry at people just for DISAGREEING WITH YOUR POINTS. So what happens is you end up trying to make excuses for why the forum must take you seriously when you don't even PLAY OR BUY THE GAMES then expect us to listen to you when you make irrational arguments.

Example no.1: You made a comment about street fighter 4 on the 3DS being broken simply because capcom included an easy mode for beginners to do charge moves with a touchscreen button thinking this would make the game broken for advanced players. But you can filter that out online. (not that I care about online where you can rage quit anytime you wish) It proves you are not a REAL GAMER. You just regurgitate opinions of internet trolls.

You were exposed and people on the boards know this.
Now you are trying to play the good guy.
And then pretend you go to arcades regularly when that isn't even necessary because games like Pokken Tournament were in arcades too but weren't that popular so when they came to console, they were just as good as being at a arcade so there is no reason why you would avoid wanting to play that.

Do you understand that capcom isn't obligated to please you? If they want to make money they got to think of what platforms the game is appropriate to be on. And portables are perfect since the arcadey nature of fighters means they are not the type of game where your battery is needed to last too long. And PC is open to cheats.

If you want to keep banging on about how you are worthy of attention when you clearly are not, then do so. But don't get butthurt if I don't answer old questions. To be good you must seek out opponents that are your skill level. You are kinda like ryu in the ending to street fighter alpha 2. You just don't have the power to be a challenge to make the match interesting for the guy you wish to fight. It would be disrespectful to hurt the weak so to get strong you need to know your limit first and seek a better match for your level.

You guys don't even know simple stuff like crossovers and old tactics from the old SF2 days and think that stuff is new. That's what scares me about you. You get angry that others are not interested in playing with you but what you need to do is fight REAL OPPONENTS, not random 5 year old kids online who are just starting out and who you like to beat for points.
You also need to understand that nothing you do online makes a difference since the person will just quit whenever they wish. Meet them for a local match. Then practice against that person consistently until you can beat them without losing, and then move on. Don't get excited because you beat them once in 100 matches and claim you are better than them and record that one match and show it to people on youtube as proof you are good. That's the problem with you and boomy, you are just in it for glory not actually growing your skills to get tougher. Watching a tournament is not the same as being good. You got to paticpate. Otherwise you would be an awesome fighter in real life just sitting on your bum watching UFC all day on a couch sipping beer with no discipline or training and there would be no reason to care about adapting to anything because you just KNOW how to do things by cheering for your fave contestants.

Ahhh nevermind.

You need to spar with boomy not me because he doesn't have real life friends due to his personality. But he fun to chat with and be entertained by some of the crazy ideas he has about things. (he is a collectivist like the Flood zombies from the halo games. Everyone is the same and nobody has unique needs/wants according to him. Yeah right buddy. That's why some people bought $15000 ships for Star Citizen while others just want to buy the game and play on normal difficulty)

What worries about the game industry is how we are slowly moving away from full games and more to a DLC model of gaming where they can make a game artificially hard on purpose so that you end up buying digital items to play it properly. This is something inherited from the PC gaming culture of MMOs. And it pisses me off. I suspect it is you Cnady that is trying to make gaming as expensive as possible so that companies collapse and then end up producing games on PC only. It's never gonna happen. PC is doomed. How can a game like Witcher 3 get made if so many just want it for 99 cents?? You want to Diss the Consoles but much like the Gungans in episode 1 of star wars, you ae CO-dependent on them for survival buddy! That shows you wish for game companies to collapse so EA can buy them. Which is why nobody listens to you man.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... -spotlight" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by GameHED on 26 Aug 2016 07:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

3000 words and cool story bro, but I offered to play you head to head when I was in Brisbane but you still ran.

Won't play offline, won't play online.

It seems the natives of Beta Autistic IX aren't known for intestinal fortitude...
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Uh I do play multi offfline. But in the past you think online is suitable when it is not the best option.

Unlike FPS games, fighting games are fine with one screen multi couch co-op. Which is how it was in arcades. You try to push online because you are a bubble boy that believes we owe you our time. The reason you play online is because that's your only option since you have no IRL friends because they are scared you are a psycho that will harm them if you lose. So they decline to play with you because you are probably some dangerous person. Maybe you swatted all the other players you meet online after you lost those matches and now they unfriended you. That's the kind of thing you'd do I reckon. Anything for Valve and EA.

There ae so many weird people on here that get angry simply for disagreeing with thier opinion. One time General cyberfunk said he wished to break someone's fingers. Kind of reminds me of the psycho character in the movie taxi driver starring robert deniro. If you wish to fight you must do it in a ring with rules and make sure you can't be sued for damages. You guys will do anything for money I bet because you lack common decency.
Last edited by GameHED on 26 Aug 2016 07:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Still yet to explain why you run from playing me offline as well as online.

Someone is scared...
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

That was explained:

I only play IRL friends. Not the psychos on here. There is also the element of danger from gangstalkers trying to get me that will go after you if they think you are associated with me in some way.

We live in a time where there is no privacy anymore and the corrupt governments want to vilify anyone that is against the state which tends to want to amalgamate all the power into fewer hands. This is why I don't like smartphones, smart appliances, spydust etc because its part of the spy tech they will use to watch everyone. The NWO is not hiding this anymore because they believe that if they don't tell you what they intend to do before they do it without your consent, then God will prevent it.

I will post something about that in the tinfoil thread.
People actually died for the basic freedom to be left alone. You could be one of the sleepers without knowing it. You seem like the type to be easily hypnotised. If you think oganic robots is scifi, then you are not aware of the nanotech we have now. (my theory is the nano dust is spread through the chemtrails causing people to get infected by the tiny chips, then inhaled into the lungs, and controlled from within the body)

Steam is one example of spying. It know what games you play. PokemonGo? Don't even get me started. They are getting you used to being the zombies that do all the work for them and when they know who to kill and put on the lists, BAM. Too late. Never trust fallen angel technology. It's going to be used to enslave you in some way. I can tell ok?
Last edited by GameHED on 26 Aug 2016 07:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Yep, scared. Thanks for confirming :up:
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Yes scared of the psycho that will be pisssed when you get beaten. Nobody owes you their friendship. You need to earn it. And I don't want to be near an EA nut hugger and pirate of nintendo roms. Bet you didn't even buy the HD remake of Zelda TP.
Because you can get it free. Then you claim you like to "support the developers" by not buying second hand from EB Games. lol

Hypocrites. No wonder console platforms are getting all the PC games ported to it. Game companies are going to go belly up relying on you tight wads. Without your money they have turned to putting DLC virtual items into everything just to stay above water. Games are now SHOPS. I hate that shit. EA invented it. And now Capcom does it. Urgh... PC ruins everything.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

GameHED wrote:Excuse, sidestep, backpedal
I get it bro, no need to explain any further. I'd be scared of getting my arse beat too if I had to play me at SF :up:
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

GameHED wrote:Yes scared of the psycho that will be pisssed when you get beaten. Nobody owes you their friendship. You need to earn it. And I don't want to be near an EA nut hugger and pirate of nintendo roms. Bet you didn't even buy the HD remake of Zelda TP.
Because you can get it free. Then you claim you like to "support the developers" by not buying second hand from EB Games. lol

Hypocrites. No wonder console platforms are getting all the PC games ported to it. Game companies are going to go belly up relying on you tight wads. Without your money they have turned to putting DLC virtual items into everything just to stay above water. Games are now SHOPS. I hate that shit. EA invented it. And now Capcom does it. Urgh... PC ruins everything.
Yea sega channel, never existed right? Bloody EA! always inventing things that are already invented.

Come to think of it, a lot of the things you criticize EA for, were invented or heavily practiced by nintendo and sega. Rehashing ideas, check. Bullying other dev's, check. Inventing DLC, check. Limiting supply to retail, check. Battling rental market, check. Conclusion, these companies are hardly good for gaming.
While all this was happening EA was cutting edge releasing nothing but innovative classics...then they saw how it was done from the pros and took note. ;) And just as they were better at releasing innovative software they became better at being profitable. How's that for some whack gamehed style conclusions I've pulled out my arse.

Furthermore, Call of duty and FIFA is the bulk of DLC consumer rape - games not embraced by the pc community.

Console players are consumers, PC players are gamers.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

BOOMY wrote:
GameHED wrote:Yes scared of the psycho that will be pisssed when you get beaten. Nobody owes you their friendship. You need to earn it. And I don't want to be near an EA nut hugger and pirate of nintendo roms. Bet you didn't even buy the HD remake of Zelda TP.

Yea sega channel, never existed right? Bloody EA! always inventing things that are already invented.

Come to think of it, a lot of the things you criticize EA for, were invented or heavily practiced by nintendo and sega. Rehashing ideas, check. Bullying other dev's, check. Inventing DLC, check. Limiting supply to retail, check. Battling rental market, check. Conclusion, these companies are hardly good for gaming.
While all this was happening EA was cutting edge releasing nothing but innovative classics...then they saw how it was done from the pros and took note. ;) And just as they were better at releasing innovative software they became better at being profitable. How's that for some whack gamehed style conclusions I've pulled out my arse.

Furthermore, Call of duty and FIFA is the bulk of DLC consumer rape - games not embraced by the pc community.

incorrect. EA make licensed safe garbage. Nintendo make interesting games and redefine whole genres by mixing up the gameplay enough to keep gaming fresh.

EA also ruined thier own franchises by caving into the feminists way too much.

The last dragpn age game trying to pander to them by putting in gay demons and ugly women is ridiculous.
That's why I hate those fuckers. The SJWs are offended by anything that isn't pandering to minorities. Nobody gives a fuck about minorities because in a democracy it's mob rule. Not even minorities give a fuck about it and they want to attack the people ruining and censoring entertainment and generally becoming thought police.

Even the transformers has been ruined by SJW crowd with retroactive edits:
If you like EA that's fine, but I don't. (they are like konami for the west) Activision is still less crap than EA. What EA did to star wars is proof they are crap. Give star wars to nintendo and factor 5. (i know they are dead but they can get the guys behind rogue squadron back) When licenses go to EA they just put minimal effort into the game because they hope the title alone will be enough for them to profit. That's fine but then as a gamer when you play the game and it's boring, you end up pissed off. Not so when a REAL game company gets hold of the license. True gamers can see through all the hype of graphics and marketing and judge games for the fun and depth.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

BOOMY wrote:
Yeah..... NO. So much NO I can't even.
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Sorry that should have read console gamers are software consumers, pc gamers are hardware consumers, gamehed is an idiot. My bad :P