Batman Arkham Knight PC still fucked. Refunds offered.

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Batman Arkham Knight PC still fucked. Refunds offered.

Post by t0mby »

From Steam Community.
We are very sorry that many our customers continue to be unhappy with the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight. We worked hard to get the game to live up to the standard you deserve but understand that many of you are still experiencing issues.

Until the end of 2015, we will be offering a full refund on Batman: Arkham Knight PC, regardless of how long you have played the product. You can also return the Season Pass along with the main game (but not separately). For those of you that hold onto the game, we are going to continue to address the issues that we can fix and talk to you about the issues that we cannot fix.

Thank you,

Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment

EDIT BY VALVE: For users still running into playtime based refund rejections, we are looking into what is causing those. Please wait to re-submit your refund until we have this resolved. Thank you.
Digital Foundry claim regardless of money there is not one PC that can run this how it is supposed to be played in its current form. For WB to release it now as it is and then apologise that they "worked hard to get the game to live up to the standard you deserve" and yet
yet a vast majority of gamers are still experiencing problems is an insult and goes to show what they think of the community as a whole. Get your refund, and if you still want to play it, pick up the PS4 version second hand.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Re: Batman Arkham Knight PC still fucked. Refunds offered.

Post by unfnknblvbl »

how the hell did they cock it up so hard?
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

Is this just irony in our underpowered console gen world or are they just shit programmers?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I read/heard something about Iron Galaxy having less than 2 or 3 months to develop the PC version of this game.

And it now appears that the entire time it was off the Steam store....was spent ensuring it would work with all DLC. Game is still fucked.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Issues like this were one of the main reasons I was so hesitant in getting into PC gaming. I love PC gaming, and this issue definitely happens on consoles now, but why treat PC gamers so poorly? I noticed need for speed has been delayed until spring 2016 (USA Spring) to get frame rate up plus other bells and whistles. Why not make that happen simultaneous to console versions? It's so blatantly obvious that PC games are given shit house treatment.
I played about an hour this morning of Arkham Knight on PC. Have Windows 10 installed. 16 gig with an i7 4790. Plus a gtx 980. I had everything set to max except for 1 of the nvidia exclusive features. Game ran 60 fps except every so often I'd get stuttering for a split second. Happened twice whilst I was gliding.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Console ports on PC used to be something you'd never think about since no effort was put in.

These days when something like this happens it stands out given how frequently you get console games that are much, much better on PC.

Warner and Ubisoft have had less-than-stellar records on PC. WB primarily of late with Mortal Kombat X and Batman AK both being broken on release.

Ubisoft were a little dodgy with some of the Assassin's Creed games not being very well optimised, but on the other side other Ubi releases have been pure butter on PC.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

So basically this game was never ever intended to run more than 30fps. Sounds like there are some inherent design issues that prevent the open world streaming working at > 30fps smoothly.

This is apparently why GTA5 took so long to come to PC, rockstar had to do a lot of rework to get the game running well at 60fps to appease the expectations of PC fans.

They did push a very old unreal engine 3 way past its limits in this game.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Candy Arse wrote:These days when something like this happens it stands out given how frequently you get console games that are much, much better on PC.
Well, the whole damn point of the XNA (I think?) environment was to make for easier console -> PC ports and vice-versa.

Unless, of course, the XBox is no longer the lead platform (understandable), in which case, maybe things like this will keep happening this gen?
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I'd be surprised if it became a more regular occurrence, there has been only rare instances where a PC version of a game is complete shit, and the two best examples are both WB games.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

It might though, with PS4 becoming more dominant, developers may chose to focus on building games around the PS4 OS/APIs first and leaving the directx versions as after thoughts for PC/xbone.

Also ubisoft titles have been notorious for poor performance, ass creed titles have always ran poor and required obscene specs, far cry games stuttering issues etc.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

It's good they are offering refunds. This and witcher 3 are examples of developers caring more about console first because it is less to think about since its just one system with same specs. Less work involved.

I think the batmobile in this was unecessary. It should have just been a bike.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

After the most recent big patch, I thought it ran pretty good - mostly smooth 60fps with a brief stutter here and there, nothing serious. i5 750 OC'd to 3.8, GTX 970, 8GB RAM.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

OK, now I'm tempted to get it :lol:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

I'll give it a crack tonight, I haven't played it since launch but even then it ran reasonably well for me, just with some framedrops moving quickly into new areas.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Unbiased impressions please...
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Candy Arse wrote:Unbiased impressions please...
Ok. Played for another couple of hours yesterday. Locked at 60fps. Those stutters the game had twice never occurred again they happened in rapid succession and I've yet to replicate them. I'm playing in 1080p. Have not seen any drops from 60. I'm on Windows 10 as well. If all I got was that stuttering every now and again I'd be fairly content with that. Game seems to be in a fine state now and playing at 60fps is so fucking good! Looks the goods too. I'd say jump in now. Your rig should be able to run this easily!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Fantastic, thanks Vince. Another superior PC version to add to the collection.

:suicide: GameHED :suicide:
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Too bad already midway through ps4 version. I am short on money. Planning on getting wasteland 2 on ps4 and fallout 4 on ps4 too. Will get fo4 when goty edition is released with all dlc though.

Xenoblade is also coming. So much shit to play not enough time to be a fucking free bug checker for bad coders.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

I had quick go last night, my experience backs up what DF saw, the game still drops frames in the batmobile(50~60), you can clearly see the engine maxing out all cpu cores when this happens, gpu util stays pretty constant around 60%. On foot it's not as bad, there is still the occasional dropped frame when swinging fast through the city again related to all cpu cores hitting 100%.

So the issues here are totally cpu engine streaming related and even a high clocked 4.5ghz quad core intel chip can't keep up. This is probably where DX12 might have helped. It's disappointing after all this time it really doesn't run much better than at launch. Reminds me a lot of watchdogs which had similar streaming issues.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I wonder if my G-sync setup would help soften the blow of those frame drops?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Bought this game for $20, getting between 66-90fps all settings maxed 1440p.

Superior PC version :up:
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Tempted but still have it on PS4, didn't really grab me
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

every WB game is fucken arse on PC. Injustice gods among us, mortal kombat 9 run like shit on beast PC's to name a couple.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Master Race ftw! :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Mad Max - 1440p 100fps+ max settings

All Batman Arkham games - 1440p 60fps+ max settings

Shadow of Mordor - 1440p 120fps+ max settings

:)