Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Falllout 4 for $49 EB Games Mad Monday Deal

Post by GameHED »

Saw it in a newsletter I am subscribed to. :up:

you don't see specific deals yet on the EB website.
you get this generic image:

https://www.ebgames.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All those idiots that bought it at full price retail like me can feel like shit now. :redface: (should have waited)

For those who still didn't get it yet: this might be a chance to experience it cheap or buy it as a christmas gift for those who might like it. Don't get angry if you miss out. I told you in advance so you had heaps of time to get your copy. Bought my copy of Xenoblade today so I am done shopping for a while. (still haven't received the guidebook I preordered)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: Falllout 4 for $49 EB Games Mad Monday Deal

Post by t0mby »

How much with staff discount?
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Dude I wouldn't know since i actually don't work there. Candy arse assumes shit since he is unstable.

Loads of great 50% off stuff on NEW RELEASE games. (black ops 3, the latest asscreed etc) But only 1 day and online only.

You might still be better off buying from playasia or wherever you normally shop.

I do however have the highest level loyatl card level. (level 4)

But that's not much. It just gets you tiny things like 14 day return (instead of 7 day return) etc and some extra credit on trade ins but I never trade in stuff only buy old games out of print. (prefer keeping it, selling it, or regifting)

You might be able to make some money by buying some new release stuff at half price and selling it on gumtree for a bit more.
But games go down in price months after a new game is released anyway so I don't see the point. :P
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

deleted (see post below)
Last edited by GameHED on 06 Dec 2015 07:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

I'll upload all the deals shown in the newsletter in this one post just in case people might see something they'd like but which I skipped: (will add about 15 images to post)

This newsletter is sneak peak of the deals for those with high level points on their eb card so you get a small advantage when sale starts. Fallout 4 is probably the only deal I'd bother with if you hadn't already bought on release.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

That Xbone deal for $498 is pretty good.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Deals look tempting but I'll have to pass due to my backlog. I happened to pick up ass creed syndicate and fo4 fairly cheap recently. Do you have to pay for shipping?
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Bomba
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

The one time when I got them to order a game from head office to my home it was free. (ebgames has a system where if you can't get the game from your local store you can ask to have one from head office sent to you. Useful for older titles or games with limited print runs) Not sure if the policy is different now or if that is just perks offered by edge loyaty card thing.

But for discs which are skinny I don't see why not. In the future drones will deliver games to you without humans needing to drop things off. Times change policies change.

Retail is having to compete with digital. But I notice people still prefer retail over digital because of the idea of trading old shit with other people for shit they haven't played yet. I have to admit I was tempted to buy xenoblade digitally from eshop because it came out 1 day earlier. But I said *'fuck that I might need to trade this for food if the economy dies and raiders steal my supplies of canned goods when my trip-wired traps failed because I didn't pay attention to how they were used in the Saw movies properly because I was too busy playing fallout 4 and got sloppy with trap setting.' You have to balance training to kill ghouls with preparing security against real ones. You can't do both unless you are rich guy with slaves who have torture devices attached to thier necks like the dudes on Genosha island in x-men.
*didn't actually say that just using it as example for why I prefer owning hardcopy.
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

GameHED wrote:The one time when I got them to order a game from head office to my home it was free. (ebgames has a system where if you can't get the game from your local store you can ask to have one from head office sent to you. Useful for older titles or games with limited print runs) Not sure if the policy is different now or if that is just perks offered by edge loyaty card thing.
Not sure I'd call it a perk, isn't ordering in games from head office is one of your key responsibilities as store manager?
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

It's their version of "click and collect" which is something all retail has to help shoppers get stuff that may not be available in the bricks and mortar store but still on the online website.

You order online, pick which to store to pick it up from (takes about day to deliver) and then i guess pay for it there. Useful if you are not home to receive parcels. The alternative is they send direct to your door. Older games that are not widely available can still be obtained that way. Its a good feature for those who want to get something that had small print run which may happen for small publishers. Also buying in australia means protections. If you get a joystick and its faulty you can bring that shit back and complain. Buy offshore and there is more risk. Not as easy to complain when it is not in person. Retail still has these advantages that steam can't offer. But as I keep telling Candy (he is a steam fanboy): more options is better. Keep all options open by spreading money around is my advice. This ensures competition between different businesses so they don't rip you off and waste your money and time.

I buy digitally, online and from retail when convenient. No need to do one to the exclusion of the other. Stop believing the people (shills lurking around to sell thier wares on social media/forums) who are pushing for less options and choices. Use common sense unless you like to get ripped off like when everyone preordered aliens colonial marines off steam and couldnt even return it lol
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

GameHED wrote:I'll upload all the deals shown in the newsletter in this one post just in case people might see something they'd like but which I skipped: (will add about 15 images to post)

This newsletter is sneak peak of the deals for those with high level points on their eb card so you get a small advantage when sale starts. Fallout 4 is probably the only deal I'd bother with if you hadn't already bought on release.
GameHED can you get me staff discount on some of these? I'm interested.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Check out this:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... -costs-279" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Unlike the statues this figure has articulation and can be posed. Might buy one of these with the minigun.

I like the power armour in fallout, but I think REAL power armour should be sold in shops as a consumer product to lift Xbox consoles.

Will post this in the mechs/toys thread and fallout 4 thread..