2015 was pretty damn good, but 2016......

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: 2015 was pretty damn good, but 2016......

Post by Candy Arse »

2015 has been the best year for games since...what...2010, 2009? Whenever Mass Effect 2 or Red Dead came out.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

flipswitch wrote:It will be interesting to see how well VR does. I admit it's pretty exciting and I would like to try it out ( if it doesn't give me motion sickness)
I've only had a quick go with a tech demo on the Oculus Rift at Supanova earlier this year that I'm pretty sure was put together by TAFE students (it was a TAFE stall). The graphics were rubbish (barely PS2 quality) but the sense of immersion was like nothing I've seen before. Just the whole concept of not being able to see anything except the simulation (no black borders or surrounding environment leaking through or anything, no matter how quickly I turned my head all I saw was the simulation) is truly revolutionary. To pair that concept with an actual game :shock:

Can't wait.

I'm also hanging out for Warhammer: Total War but for me everything is a distant second to VR. I've never been this excited about anything gaming-related before.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Nintendo needs to bring back virtual boy. Imagine F-zero games in-cockpit view with VR headset/Glasses?

I would shit my pants. Probably die of heartattack as the speed of the game is too much and my brain is tricked into thinking I'm going to die when I miss a jump and fall off the track.

I think these skills will have real world applications as self driving cars and remotely driven cars become in use.

I would love to see an batallion wars game where you view your robot troops from a first person view and control one of them directly in fpv using vr goggles. You can switch to another soldier by fliping off the googles to look at your tablet and clicking the unit with touchscreen to click on them on the map.
Then flip the goggle back down to view what that unit sees.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I experienced the gaming equivalent of a mid-life crisis and picked up Dark Souls II SotFS, Diablo III: Whatever the Fuck it's Called Edition, and that Platinum Transformers game on PS4. I'm not at all confident that they all came out this year but what can I say, I like giant robots and Roman numerals.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Ouch.

Ratchet & Clank - 20 Apr
Uncharted4 - 10 May
Fire Emblem Fates - 21 May
Ninja Turtles - 24 May
No Man's Sky - 22 Jun
Tokyo Mirage Sessions - 25 Jun
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Looking forward to Uncharted 4 and No Man's Sky at the moment. Really need to play Dark Souls before I get part 3
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.