2015 was pretty damn good, but 2016......

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

2015 was pretty damn good, but 2016......

Post by Twiztid Elf »

2015 was an amazing year for games. Some really, really good stuff came out this year, but next year.......it's lining up to be one of the best years in gaming ever.

For me, the following are all definite:
Uncharted 4
Xcom2
Pokken Tournament
ScaleBound
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem Fates
Last Guardian
Horizon Zero Dawn
CupHead

If they come out in 2016:
ZeldaU
Cyberpunk 2077

And maybes:
No Mans Sky
Amplitude
Yooka Laylee
Ratchet and Clank
Ninja Turltles (Platinum)

And that's just the stuff we know about.
What are you guys looking forwards to in 2016?
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Re: 2015 was pretty damn good, but 2016......

Post by Rorschach »

2015 will be hard to top. I think 2007 was the last time there were so many great games in one year
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Quantum Break is my only definite.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

there is literally nothing on the immediate horizon that's got me particularly interested. Obviously Forza Horizon 3 will be out, and I'll probably get it. If No Man's Sky comes out, I'll get it for PC, but this gen has me thoroughly jaded.

I'm looking forward to the Nextbox being announced :lol:
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Outside of quantum break and uncharted 4, there is nothing of great interest next year for me.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Street Fighter 5, Total War Warhammer
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Aside from a couple of titles I didn't think 2015 was that great for software. But that's just me.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Really?

Bloodborne
Witcher 3
MGS V
Fallout 4
Pillars of Eternity
Galak-Z
Cryptark
Destiny Taken King (add on I know but it made a mediocre game finally worthy)
Homeworld Remastered
Batman Arkham Knight

That's ignoring most of what I didn't play on the Xbone and WiiU. Not a dig but this has been the best year in recent memory for me, at least the best since Red Dead Redemption was released in 2010.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Yeah but that EA star wars game sucks.

It spoiled the entire year for everyone imo.

I noticed all the games that get way overhyped on this forum actually end up being shit.

Aliens Colonial Marines. Star Wars Battlefield. Destiny etc

Halo 5 didn't even get 10s this year. Witcher 3 and Xenoblade CX and Galak-Z basically win this gen. Witcher 3 even had downgrade thanks to consoles being too weak. Xenoblade CX will probably end up getting ported to NX I bet. (maybe you can play it on the bus with uglier visuals?)

For next years games the most anticipated one is No Man's Sky. Can't wait to play it. It's daggerfall with spaceships and no cities. Just shoot helpless animals and fly around naming things. Tomby this better beat star fox. Sony have pimped this one alot. And there are no transforming valkyrie fighters in it so why should I care if Galak-Z is out?

All the guy behind NMS has to do to fix the lack of interest in the game is reskin it as a unofficial robotech crystal dreams game. Without anything to do in the game it will get boring. No mention of alien races or anything. Just showing us the same footage over and over again. It's suffering from the duke nukem forever effect. By the time it comes out people will have forgotten it.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

The other game next year I am looking forward to is Dues Ex.

Way better than bloody tomb raider (polished arcade corridor shooter). Don't understand why this never gets hyped. Is it because you guys hate conspiracy theories?

Pretty sure in the future the transhumanists will try to force everyone to become robots.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/03/technol ... edictions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Google is using this guy to bring us into the age of the reploids. We need megaman X to police the mavericks. The PC nerds are going to be first to form the first Cyber human terrorist organisation which thinks its superior to others because it can play minecraft at the highest resolutions in its brains and attempt to control us all.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
klee123

Post by klee123 »

Had a pretty decent year personally.

Bloodborne + DLC
Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin
Resident Evil Revelations 2
MGSV
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Next year for me will be:

Uncharted 4
Dark Souls 3
Street Fighter V
Persona 5 (the big one for me)
Star Ocean 5
Nier Automata
Gravity Rush 2

Yeah whilst my 2016 list is bigger, I had a damn good time with the 2015 stuff.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Persona 5 is my big one for next year. Loved Persona 4 golden to death
klee123

Post by klee123 »

Rorschach wrote:Persona 5 is my big one for next year. Loved Persona 4 golden to death
Indeed. I didn't play through all of P4G, but I loved the game to bits on PS2.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

What am I looking forward to in 2016? :?

NINTENDO NX OF COURSE!!! :up:

We know it's going to be something very zany and innovative (according to Nintendo themselves, the NX is a "dedicated games platform with a brand new concept"). :wink:

For fuck's sake - this is how wacky the controller is supposed to be according to patents...a controller with an autostereoscopic 3D touchscreen display with holes cut out within the screen to allow for the control sticks & buttons, as well as it's own CPU/GPU/RAM, scrollable wheel shoulder buttons, a speaker, and even a game cartridge slot....

It's pretty much a given at this point it's a hybrid home console & handheld gaming system. :up:

This will be the birth of a brand new Nintendo in which their two gaming divisions merge into one (home console and handheld cross-play hybrid functionality of the NX means no more software droughts :)) - and I really think what Nintendo have in store for 2016 is going to knock our socks off! :D

We are at most 4-5 months away from the formal hardware and software unveiling of the Nintendo NX - and I can't wait! :up:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Are we expecting NX to flop as hard as Wii U?
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Candy - do you see yourself purchasing a Nintendo NX next year at launch? :wink:

We know for a fact that EAD Tokyo (developers of Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Super Mario 3D Land, Super Mario 3D World) have been hard at work for many years developing a brand new 3D Mario platformer. Who knows, Super Mario 3D NX may even be a launch title?!? :)

Can you imagine....a brand new shiny Nintendo home console & handheld hybrid gaming system + a brand new gorgeous & lush 3D Mario platformer as a flagship launch game?!? :up:

Candy, it would be such a shame for you to miss out! :cry:
Next 3D Mario Platformer Is In Development

4/8/2014 at 1:50PM

While speaking with Edge Magazine, Nintendo Producer, and Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) Director, Yoshiaki Koizumi revealed that EAD Tokyo is developing a new 3D Mario game. EAD Tokyo is the Nintendo branch that designed the fantastic Super Mario 3D World for the Wii U.

http://www.denofgeek.us/games/mario/234 ... evelopment" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I do think a powerful handheld by Nintendo would be a hit. Shit, I'd probably buy it even after my disappointment in the Wii U.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Jasper wrote:Candy - do you see yourself purchasing a Nintendo NX next year at launch? :wink:

We know for a fact that EAD Tokyo (developers of Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Super Mario 3D Land, Super Mario 3D World) have been hard at work for many years developing a brand new 3D Mario platformer. Who knows, Super Mario 3D NX may even be a launch title?!? :)

Can you imagine....a brand new shiny Nintendo home console & handheld hybrid gaming system + a brand new gorgeous & lush 3D Mario platformer as a flagship launch game?!? :up:

Candy, it would be such a shame for you to miss out! :cry:
Next 3D Mario Platformer Is In Development

4/8/2014 at 1:50PM

While speaking with Edge Magazine, Nintendo Producer, and Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) Director, Yoshiaki Koizumi revealed that EAD Tokyo is developing a new 3D Mario game. EAD Tokyo is the Nintendo branch that designed the fantastic Super Mario 3D World for the Wii U.

http://www.denofgeek.us/games/mario/234 ... evelopment" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I buy everything, so of course I'll be getting one. Not sure my purchase will ensure its commercial success....but as always I mostly anticipate being able to play modern Nintendo games in higher resolutions on my PC. :)
klee123

Post by klee123 »

I'll forever be buying Nintendo consoles as long as they keep the Xeno series.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

As I always buy all consoles, I'll buy NX. Just hope it's not the shit fest the wii was and hope it sells far better than wiiu. Just give us a super powerful console for fucks sake.
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

I find as you get older and your kids do too that games really take a back seat and family is the best fun you can have.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

Is crackdown coming out next year?
I'll keep an eye on that and maybe gears 4.

Im planning on playing halo 5 for a long time, the multi is the best I've played and 343 are releasing free content monthly.

I cant see 2016 topping 2015... Not that I thought 2015 was that great.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Virtual Reality
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

It will be interesting to see how well VR does. I admit it's pretty exciting and I would like to try it out ( if it doesn't give me motion
sickness)
2015 was a great year gaming wise personally, and I still haven't played or completed many of the big titles, but I will get around to it.

Still pinching myself that we're getting Shenmue 3, even if it's Kickstarter.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Mmmm, VR Rez...

I didn't get much gaming time throughout the year due to uni, and kind of expected to find a cornucopia of cheap 2015 releases now that I'm finished... Arkham Knight is mostly good so far, other than that there's nothing I really want to play. :| Not to say there were no other good releases, just nothing for me.

My 2016 definites: The Last Guardian, The Witness, and Zelda if it materialises. Uncharted 4 is a pretty sure thing but I don't need to play it the moment it's released, and while I really really hope it's good, Mirrors Edge Catalyst is try-before-I-buy. Dark Souls 3 looks excellent but I really don't know if I can put myself through another one of those games any time soon.