I prefer 900p.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: GOTY 2015

Post by t0mby »

Candy Arse wrote:Solution - sell the XBONE and buy a PS4. Similar console but better. You'll be impressed once you see a 1080p game for the first time.
:rollin: :up: :rollin:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p

Going down with the ship!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

:up:
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Candy Arse wrote:XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p

Going down with the ship!
Does that mean the bone is leagues ahead? :D
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Only if you play games rather than playing announced but unreleased games
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Updated my original post with an in-order list.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

People still arguing over 900p vs 1080p when their games are running medium details @ < 30fps. :rollin:

/cue let it go frozen song.

:rollin:
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

EDF 4.1 runs at 60fps. PS4 is fine. Have you seen transformers devastation running at 60fps. What about Fast Racing Neo and Mario Kart 8 on Wii U?

You only pick the games that run at 30fps as example of consoles not being powerful enough. But with a lot of careful coding and proper optmisation you can get the 60 but western coders are shit.

Also have you ever thought that maybe people prefer the jerky scrolling as it is closer to real world?

Move your phone camera around really fast by shaking it left and right really fast and lets so if its smooth when you look at the footage on playback.

It's not. So stop saying 60fps is superior. It only matter for racers and fighters. Most games are easy. I played far cry 4 on last gen and got perfect on every outpost! That means I am awesome since I only had choppy framerate so I had to deal with situations with less information.

Like I said you pc tards are spoilt. Loads of shit indie games need only basic technology to run them. Once you get above a certain framerate you don't notice. I would rather play shovel knight and terraria on the go than on pc simply for convenience and the 3d gimmick.

I would argue that 60fps is a type of cheating since our eyes are not at 60fps so in real life when racing you get an advantage you wouldn't have in the real world unless you were playing Wipeout and in the future you were a cyborg whose brains were directly linked into the computer on the hover racer. How did games like Halo 1 get 10 at only 30fps? huh? were we so handicapped that we couldn't complete it on legendary that it necessitated a 60fps version? Nope pepople were much tougher in the old days. Now everyone makes excuses and blames the machine for losing.
When games with shit graphics reach 60fps nobody notices! Then developers wonder "what's the incentive to make smooth scrolling code if nobody cares? I may as well add more detail ad make the game choppy like perfect dark on the n64!"

Console is stuck in 10 year cycles. So coders need to get better if they want to see improvements. Whereas on pc they can be lazy and just hope everyone upgrades. Console is not going away anytime soon. Why? because most people would rather the coders skill up. Not the hardware needing to upgrade every 2 years. Sega tried that shit with 32 X and saturn. Nobody wants that. Why is it that when games like MGSV get 60fps and titles like Bayonetta 2 get 60fps nobody cares? They need awards because the japanese games are polished (runing on shit hardware) while other games by lazy companies just look the same as last year because the engines are old and they reuse assets so detail never improves. It's not fair imo. On small tv you wil not notice tiny details in fast paced titles. So for a game like Mario Kart 8 to try to add more realism is silly. Just make the environments more complex, and keep it cartoony.
Gameplay relevent stuff trumps beauty. I would rather 720p over 1080p if it means the power is used on something relevent to the gameplay. Not many people have thier faces close to the living room tv. So they will not notice the tiny details due to the sitting distance. Usually to get smooth framerate there is a hit in level size. Halo had those nice expannsive areas where objects interacted with each other in realtime. Compare that to COD games where as soon as you enter a room the area behind you disappears. So even if you get the 60fps usually it means you lost something else. I think 30fps is fine if it means you give us more realtime action going on in the backgrounds that is interactive and dependent on what you are doing to make the scene more gameplay relevent. Too many titles look nice in details at close to mid range, but feel DEAD and lifeless at far range with nothing going on in a grand scale to give an epic feel to the production. (which is why despite how ugly a game like edf looks, it can be forgiven because of how much is going on at once)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

If it wasn't for consoles we wouldn't see the pc getting as many games that are multiplatform since PC piracy has always been more rampant than consoles.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

GOTY2015.jpg
10pts - Super Mario Maker
9pts - Destiny: The Taken King
8pts - The Talos Principle
7pts - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
6pts - Bloodborne
5pts - Grow Home
4pts - Xeodrifter
3pts - Axiom Verge
2pts - Batman: Arkham Knight
1pt - Gauntlet: Slayer Edition
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Congratulations SUPER MARIO MAKER, you are officially Games Ranch's best game of 2015! :lol: :up:
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

seems like there are still a few members left to vote. I'll let them know. Thanks for reminding me, rocco.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

The top 10 from Games Ranch 2015.

Jasper's votes were excluded because he can't definitively prove whether he actually owns or has played the majority of games he listed. That and he played silly buggers with his list.

1. MGS V
2. Fallout 4
3. Witcher 3
4. Bloodborne
5. Mario Maker
6. Rocket League / Ori and the Blind Forest / GTA 5 (PC)
7. Destiny: The Taken King
8. Mortal Kombat X
9. Forza 6 / Batman: Arkham Knight
10. Starcraft 2

I would say that's a pretty cool list, a little surprised MGS V took it - positive Witcher 3 would sneak home. See you all again next year.

Edit - I guess there is until the end of the day for final tallies but I doubt there will be much movement on the list and not many others who'll vote
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

It's official, Mario Maker is better than GTAV Pc. For that Jasper should be banned.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Rorschach wrote:The top 10 from Games Ranch 2015.

Jasper's votes were excluded because he can't definitively prove whether he actually owns or has played the majority of games he listed. That and he played silly buggers with his list.

1. MGS V
2. Fallout 4
3. Witcher 3

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Poor rocco. not even one Nitedo game in the top three...or even top four for that matter. WiiU really is as big a flop as he's been saying for the last few months.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Top 3 were hard to decide, well the top 2 I should say.

1. Bloodborne
2. The Witcher 3
3. MGSV
4. Fallout 4
5. Assassin's Creed : Syndicate
6. Batman Arkham Knight
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

1. Dirt Rally
2. Witcher 3
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

In my original post I only had 9 games so I think I'll add Fallout Anthology as tenth game. (includes every fallout up to NV with all expansions and a spot to add fallout 4)

It came with a mininuke which you could put all your games inside and a button to press to make the explosion sound. Best packaging design ever.
These are old but good games and all of them are massive. It's great for noobs who never play a single game before as it give them a history of the series.

Would be good if nintendo did something like a zelda anthology where every single zelda game ever made was available in one package. Make that the launch game for NX.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto