GOTY 2015

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

klee123

Re: GOTY 2015

Post by klee123 »

These games are the ones I finished or spent considerable amount of time on.

10 Points - Bloodborne (PS4)
9 Points - Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U)
8 Points - Metal Gear Solid V (PS4)
7 Points - Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin (PS4)
6 Points - Fallout 4 (PS4)
5 Points - Resident Evil Revelations 2 (PS4)

Didn't play enough of Yakuza 5 for it to be included.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Requesting that we have until the end of the month before polls close to provide a buffer for Xmas games.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

That's fine.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I've had so little time to invest in games in the last year. I'll rate what I did buy based on what time I've put into the title.

Fallout 4 - 10 points
Forza 6 - 9 points
GTA V pc - 8 points
Cities Skylines - 7 points
Witcher 3 - 6 points

I'd also like to award Mario Maker -10 points for being marketed as a game, for being bought in huge numbers by WiiU owners, for it gaining even one GOTY award (albeit of no importance) and because Nintendo used plebs to make the game over the course of a fortnight.

Please feel free to voice your displeasure at such a cynical release by doing likewise.

Any extra points remaining can be removed from the next highest scored Nintendo title for the year. Fuck you Giant Bomb
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

oooooh, I like this new idea.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

Ten games seems like a lot, especially for a forum where I think a lot of people may not have even played ten new release games last year. But anyway, I already had a list ready to go from the GB community GOTY thing.

10 points: Super Mario Maker
9 points: Ori and the Blind Forest
8 points: Bloodborne
7 points: Metal Gear Solid V
6 points: Undertale
5 points: Rocket League
4 points: SOMA
3 points: Until Dawn
2 points: Splatoon
1 point: Life Is Strange

Yes, Mario Maker. I understand the value of dumping on it to troll Jasper, but it seriously is the best game of 2015. Easily.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Soma eh? I.didn't even.know that got released 3-4 months ago till I saw someone at Gaf mention it and didn't know it was from the Amnesia team either.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Pointy Cat wrote:Yes, Mario Maker. I understand the value of dumping on it to troll Jasper, but it seriously is the best game of 2015. Easily.
:up:

Suck shit xbot cunt moles! :down:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

He thinks it's a lot better than you do, you rate it as the 3rd worst game of 2015!
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Attention ALL!!!

After much thought and re-examination, I would like to announce my REVISED GOTY 2015 list! :up:

Super Mario Maker (Wii U) - 10 POINTS

Splatoon (Wii U) - 9 POINTS

Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U) - 8 POINTS

Yoshi's Wooly World (Wii U) - 7 POINTS

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS) - 6 POINTS

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (Wii U) - 5 POINTS

8)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Pretty sure Rorschach as official score keeper of the GR GOTY 2015 Vote will have to approve your change, which he won't since troll votes aren't accepted. We know you don't like Mario Maker and that's fine. Moving on!
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

You're only allowed to vote once. Not submit two sets of votes. You know that's not how voting works right? You either edit your original vote list or it stands as the vote to be counted. And in this case editing your original vote has been disallowed.

You're just fucking with the process.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Cletus wrote:You're only allowed to vote once. Not submit two sets of votes. You know that's not how voting works right? You either edit your original vote list or it stands as the vote to be counted. And in this case editing your original vote has been disallowed.

You're just fucking with the process.
Agreed. I'd like to register my official protest and demand that only Splatoon be accepted for a 10 point vote from Jasper as it's the only game we can confidently say he played in 2015.

We cannot have people like this destroying the sanctity of our great yearly tradition. :down:
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Candy Arse wrote:Pretty sure Rorschach as official score keeper of the GR GOTY 2015 Vote will have to approve your change, which he won't since troll votes aren't accepted. We know you don't like Mario Maker and that's fine. Moving on!
Yep, pretty much. Voting ends at the end of January too.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

t0mby wrote:Soma eh? I.didn't even.know that got released 3-4 months ago till I saw someone at Gaf mention it and didn't know it was from the Amnesia team either.
Yeah it's rather good. The setting is fantastic. I enjoyed it quite a bit more than I did Amnesia. I do recommend it.
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

10. Witcher 3
9. Her Story
8. Fallout 4
7. Forza 6
6. Tales from the Borderlands
5. Transformers

I mostly only played Witcher 3 this year, and I never finished because it's not very good at the end. I haven't got far enough into Fallout 4 to rate it as my GOTY. And Her Story is excellent and everyone should play it right now, but it's not really a game.
emptyvessel
XBL ID: emptyvessel79
PSN ID: emptyvessel79
Steam ID: emptyvessel

Post by emptyvessel »

So, this year I didn't replace my PC so it barely plays anything, and I didn't buy a PS4 or XBone and so only had a WiiU to to play.

Also this year I re-set up my retro gaming room so spent most my time playing old SNES games.

Nevertheless, for the pathetic total of two 2015-release games I played this year....

10. Super Mario Maker
9. Ori and the Blind Forest
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Here's my list

10 points Mario Maker.

I didn't play it but I heard it has 2 million levels and Geoff Gertrude voted it as the best non Metal Gear game.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Eurogamer goty for 2015 is bloodborne:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... -year-2015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Note how it's not a pc game.

Note how cletus and the xbots are pissed it's a sony platform title.

And note how it's not a fucking sequel or HD remake. (content drives platform sales you stupid console wars dicks. Otherwise vita would have beaten 3ds because of superior controls, hardware specs etc. MS need more JRPG companies if they are to survive in japan and to fill in the gap in that genre which sony and nintendo fill up. They are only thinking about racing sims and fps. Not good enough to win a console war. FPS makes them dizzy. Street fighter and cod are now sony third party games. That's a big blow given the online competitive nature of those franchises. ie loss of xb live subs. That doesn't hurt nintendo since playing online is still free like pc but with the stability of being console platform and with everyone having equal system specs so it's fair )
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
klee123

Post by klee123 »

GameHED wrote:Eurogamer goty for 2015 is bloodborne:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... -year-2015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Note how it's not a pc game.

Note how cletus and the xbots are pissed it's a sony platform title.

And note how it's not a fucking sequel or HD remake. (content drives platform sales you stupid console wars dicks. Otherwise vita would have beaten 3ds because of superior controls, hardware specs etc. MS need more JRPG companies if they are to survive in japan and to fill in the gap in that genre which sony and nintendo fill up. They are only thinking about racing sims and fps. Not good enough to win a console war. FPS makes them dizzy. Street fighter and cod are now sony third party games. That's a big blow given the online competitive nature of those franchises. ie loss of xb live subs. That doesn't hurt nintendo since playing online is still free like pc but with the stability of being console platform and with everyone having equal system specs so it's fair )
Well deserved!

Whilst it may have a few performance issues, I had so much fun with the game that it didn't matter to me.

This along with Xenoblade are my GOTGs so far.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I am pissed it's on a Sony platform. I'd love the shit out of Bloodborne.

Xenoblade possible GOTG? Might have to dust off ye olde Wii U.
klee123

Post by klee123 »

Madmya wrote:I am pissed it's on a Sony platform. I'd love the shit out of Bloodborne.

Xenoblade possible GOTG? Might have to dust off ye olde Wii U.
Well, if you wait 2 months, Dark Souls 3 will be out on X1, so not much long of a wait now.

Yeah, after playing many open world games, no other game for me does that aspect as well as Xenoblade Chronicles X. The sheer joy of traversal in XCX is just unmatched in my opinion. That along with the amazing battle and Skell system has me hooked on the game even after completing the main story mode. Currently have 140 hours clocked and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Madmya wrote:I am pissed it's on a Sony platform. I'd love the shit out of Bloodborne.
If you had a second job you could afford a PS4!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

How does one find the time to play a second console with a second job???

I can afford one, I just think it's wasteful having two consoles that are so similar.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Solution - sell the XBONE and buy a PS4. Similar console but better. You'll be impressed once you see a 1080p game for the first time.