GIANT BOMB'S BEST GAME OF 2015 IS..(LOL CANDY'S SALTY TEARS)

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: GIANT BOMB'S BEST GAME OF 2015 IS...

Post by Candy Arse »

Metacritic...

Little Big Planet (PS3 original) - 95
Mario Maker (Wii U original) - 88

:redface:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Jasper wrote:Except Little Big Planet has never won Giant Bomb's GOTY award (or in fact, any GOTY award). :lol:

Probably also explains why Super Mario Maker (on the flop Wii U console) has sold double the number of copies that Little Big Planet on PS4 has sold. 8)

You know bitch you wanna power on your Wii U right now and purchase Super Mario Maker on the eShop! :wink:

DO IT CANDY! :keke:
I'm actually enjoying a few games I've picked up in the latest Steam sale. Have you played any of the big PC releases this year?
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Candy Arse wrote:Metacritic...

Little Big Planet (PS3 original) - 95
Mario Maker (Wii U original) - 88

:redface:
You would hope so, considering Little Big Planet isn't just a "create your own levels" type game, but is actually a fully fledged game with a story, varying levels, varying worlds, varying bosses, bonus unlockable levels, bonus DLC content, etc... :roll:

On the other hand Super Mario Maker is a 2D platformer creator application (and is primarily using the level creator template of 25-30 year old games like Super Mario Bros. that was released in 1985 and Super Mario Bros. 3 that was released in 1988).

Nice try "Big Red", but no cigar! 8)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

So what you're saying is that LBP is a better product than Mario Maker. No worries dude, I'll avoid buying an inferior version of LBP then. Back to PC gaming!
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

They need to make a toy story like movie on the Mario Universe already. It's time pixar and nintendo did it.

Wasn't donkey kong featured in the movie Pixels?

I want a full CG mario movie.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Candy Arse wrote:So what you're saying is that LBP is a better product than Mario Maker. No worries dude, I'll avoid buying an inferior version of LBP then. Back to PC gaming!
Although it's more complex LBP has worse platform physics.

It's like comparing Sonic All Stars kart racing to Mario Kart.

Sonic's kart gamee is actually pretty good first attempt at it, but not as good as mario kart still.

A lot of old 30 year old fans who grew up with mario probably bought this for nostalgia. Hopefully nintendo makes this a series like art academy and improves on it with better features and expanded freedom. One thing would be letting us create an entire game. Then if it is good enough people can sell it for $1 or something like that on eshop while nintendo charges a tax and gets money off those millions of levels.

Retro gaming is still a thing. Shovel Knight, the new wonderboy game that's coming that isn't wonderboy, Bloodstained, Yooka Laylee etc are all things aimed at older gamers who miss the games of the past.

I personally want to see a sequel to Duke Nukem 3D using the same old engine and sprites but with higher resolution.
And it's in 3D on the 3DS. DNF isn't canon imo

Oh and a sequel to daggerfall with sprites so you can have hundreds of npcs walking around town at once.
Last edited by GameHED on 03 Jan 2016 04:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Re: GIANT BOMB'S BEST GAME OF 2015 IS..(LOL CANDY'S SALTY TE

Post by guttermouth »

Seeing that Nintendo no longer stamp the Nintendo Seal of Quality on Nintendo covers no longer, maybe all future copies of Mario Maker should be stamped with Giant Bombs game of 2015. I'm sure it's considered a big important award some how....
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

The seal of quality is still on the back cover though. I would love to have a tshirt with that stamp on it. Sort of like how you see people wearing the atari logo on their shirts to indicate they played games like ET which destroyed consoles.

I think anyone that bought a Wii U should be given a free tattoo with the stamp to show we are quality for owning a Wii U and playing quality. No bullshit errors or crashes or 30 gig patches/updates as soon as we get home to play it. If the game is broken you won't have to go to EBgames and return it because even if you don't patch it, it still works just like every other product you buy from a shop.

I would rather a delay than worrying about a buggy mess of a game causing the game to destroy itself.

In the old days nobody put up with as much crap. Seems like the coders are being rushed again.
Last edited by GameHED on 03 Jan 2016 05:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

I'm still waiting for Jasper to share some of the levels he's created in this so-called GOTY 2015. I don't think he owns a Wii U or a PC. Poor bastard probably also only has a flip-phone, so he won't be able to play any Nintendo's 2016 mobile games.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

flipswitch wrote:Image
There are these things called patches:

http://nintendoeverything.com/super-mar ... 0-out-now/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Seal Of Quality ensures we don't need massive 30 gig files. Hopefully non-nintenndo coders stop expecting us to buy shit unfinished and delay things until they are sure it isn't a broken mess. You simply don't deserve my money. I won't put up with that unless I get it free. People have limited time. I have respect for games that don't assume I have time to waste downloading ginormous files before I can even have any fun. Save that abuse for the PC tards. lol
Last edited by GameHED on 03 Jan 2016 05:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I would imagine Jasper's frustration - he's been bagging out Jeff Gerstmann for years...now he's the ONLY person who has Mario Maker as GOTY :lol:
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

What would be good is if sega got the hint and made a Streets of Rage maker. Then people can make a sequel without being told to take it down.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Megaman wrote:I'm still waiting for Jasper to share some of the levels he's created in this so-called GOTY 2015.
What's wrong sweety, you don't respect Giant Bomb's opinion??? :?

But according to your previous posts, you LOVE Giant Bomb!!! 8)
Megaman wrote:Yeah I was listening to the guys talk about this game on the Giant Bombcast, I really want to check it out now.
http://www.games-ranch.com/forum/viewto ... nt#p193990" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Megaman wrote:Wow, this game was quicklooked on Giant Bomb.
http://www.games-ranch.com/forum/viewto ... nt#p409904" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Megaman wrote:Yeah I heard Patrick talking about this on the Giant Bombcast the other day.
http://www.games-ranch.com/forum/viewto ... nt#p318742" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Megaman >>> :fight
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

ITT. Jasper refuses to share his Mario Maker levels and SteamID.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

GameHED wrote:What would be good is if sega got the hint and made a Streets of Rage maker. Then people can make a sequel without being told to take it down.
You should play Streets of Fury EX
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

Bahahahahahaha... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Candy Arse's reinforcement have come storming into this thread. Was only a matter of time until Candy's little bitch puppet (t0mby) makes his pathetic appearance. :redface:
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

Jasper wrote:
Megaman wrote:I'm still waiting for Jasper to share some of the levels he's created in this so-called GOTY 2015.
What's wrong sweety, you don't respect Giant Bomb's opinion??? :?

But according to your previous posts, you LOVE Giant Bomb!!! 8)
I do! You could have just asked me, you didn't really need to go and search all my old posts. I'm kind of annoyed you spoiled the GOTY podcast for me though, I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Yep, confirmed fake gamer. Jasper refusing to identify himself
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Well we know he doesn't play games other than what's on Nintendo platforms...but even better is that he doesn't even think Mario Maker is that good himself
Jasper wrote:Splatoon (Wii U) - 10 POINTS

Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U) - 9 POINTS

Yoshi's Wooly World (Wii U) - 8 POINTS

Super Mario Maker (Wii U) - 7 POINTS

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS) - 6 POINTS

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (Wii U) - 5 POINTS

8)

:lol:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

How so "Big Red", when clearly your above quote of my 2015 GOTY list includes Super Mario Maker as my fourth best game of the year. :roll:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Well no because as you said you also play all the great PC games, so we can assume you've got Metal Gear Solid V, Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Rebel Galaxy, Soma, Invisible Inc etc in your list somewhere too.

So in reality you've got Mario Maker, a game you also said people should avoid buying in preference to Little Big Planet, somewhere around your 12th to 15th best game of 2015.

Or on the other hand if you actually don't play PC games and you lied about that, you rate Mario Maker as the 3rd worst game you played in 2015. Ouch!!!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Well let's be honest - we all know you don't play PC games since you're afraid of sharing your Steam ID.

So basically while Giant Bomb thinks Mario Maker is the best game of 2015, Jasper thinks it's the 3rd WORST worst game of 2015! :lol:
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W

Post by Jasper »

So you assume that iv'e only played 6 games this entire year, because i've not scored from top to bottom every single game i've played within my GOTY list? :?

Your lame jokes don't even make any sense whatsoever anymore you fucking clown. You're losing your touch i'm afraid! :redface:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Well....yes that's exactly the correct assumption.

1. You refuse to share your Steam ID, meaning you don't play PC games as you claim so we can rule that out
2. Based on not playing PC games, you only play games on Wii U and 3DS - two platforms where not much of merit is released on a yearly basis
3. Your GOTY list alone gives away that you hardly even play games at all

Splatoon - the one game you've played a decent amount of. The funny part about this is that your GOTY is a Nintendo-developed Dreamcast game. Gotta love Sega!

Xenoblade - the game only recently came out. In your marketing campaign you repeatedly stated that it was the biggest game ever developed. No chance you're even close to completing this game and it's number 2???

Yoshi's Wooly World - it's been out long enough where you could have played through it, but you prefer Xenoblade, a game which you've barely even touched so clearly you don't rate Yoshi apart from how good it looks

Mario Maker - now we're getting into the games you didn't like but felt obliged to put on the list because they're Nintendo-platform exclusive. You've played a few levels here and there but haven't even made one of your own, no doubt because you don't think it's that good. Hence why you rate Mario Maker as the 3rd worst game of 2015. In fact in a previous post you ripped the game -
Super Mario Maker is a 2D platformer creator application that cost Nintendo chump change to develop amongst probably a handful of rookie developers in under a month
Basically in your opinion Mario Maker is a cheap piece of shit made by a pack of amateurs in less than a month. But hey at least Jeff Gerstmann likes it!

Zelda Majora's Mask - a remake of a Zelda game reviled by many Zelda fans

Kirby - 73 on Metacritic, far far worse than Halo 5.

So basically the conclusion here is this - you hate Mario Maker and hardly play any games.

How embarrassment!!! :redface: