XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Sega rumored to bring classics to master race

Post by lestat »

http://segabits.com/blog/2016/01/01/rum ... r-5-to-pc/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:segarock:

Who needs consoles anymore? Cue Gamehed rant. :nana:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: Sega rumored to bring classics to master race

Post by Candy Arse »

:up: :up: :up:

VF5 will look fucking awesome on PC

:suicide: GameHED :suicide:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Vanquish @ 60fps with kbam. :drool:

VF5 4K@60fps :drool:

Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Holy shit, best news I've heard in a while. Vanquish would be awesome, Virtua Fighter too.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

:up:

I'd love it if the whole Platinum Games + Sega catalogue made it to PC. PC Bayonetta! One can only dream.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

lestat wrote:Vanquish @ 60fps with kbam. :drool:

VF5 4K@60fps :drool:

Why would you want to play Vanquish with kbam?
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

News is meh.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

The best versions of great games is far from meh!

Ben I like what you're thinking!
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Isn't this kinda old news? :?

After Sega fired over 300 employees last year, it was announced that Sega are essentially pulling out of developing console and handheld games (outside of the Sonic franchise, and games from Atlus - a subsidiary of Sega), and will instead focus on PC titles and mobile games.

Sega only have about 4 games in development for consoles and handhelds, and all except for one (Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games) are very niche Japanese games that are likely to never be released outside Japan.

Bye-Bye Sega! (Love From A Nintendo Fan XOXOXO) 8)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Sega only have about 4 games
Almost as many games you played this year.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

lestat wrote:Who needs consoles anymore?
Bahahahaha.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

You of all people would be singing a VERY different tune if the XB1 was not such a grossly inferior piece of shit console compared to the PS4. :redface:

Your precious Xbox console is garbage compared to the PS4, having the worst versions of multi-platform games with inferior graphics/resolution/frame-rate (with multi-platform games making up over 90% of the XB1 software library), and virtually no exclusives (and the exclusives that do exist are underwhelming e.g. Halo 5). :roll:

If instead the XB1 was the superior console over PS4 this gen, you would be salivating over the XB1 and consistently posting about how much better the XB1 is and hyping up XB1 games.

But because the XB1 is the inferior console, you prefer to dump on console gaming as a whole – with the real reason being you are so infuriated with Microsoft (not to mention embarrassed) for releasing a gaming system so inferior to PS4. You see, an xbot like yourself (being a supreme graphics whore) can mentally handle the notion of PC providing the superior graphic/resolution/framerate gaming experience (in actuality, xbots during the XBOX & 360 console generations simply placed themselves into a voluntary “denial trance” – in which they tricked themselves into believing PC gaming simply doesn’t exist), but now that both PC and a Playstation gaming system are simultaneously bitchslapping an XBOX console – it's sadly like a knife through an xbot’s heart.

Microsoft have broken your heart, and now you're taking it out on ALL console gaming! :cry:

:suicide: Lestat :suicide:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Why would I be singing a different tune? Last time I checked PS4 pumps out 30fps games at medium details my PC has no issue running at 60fps ultra settings. The days of consoles offering a generational leap over commodity PC hardware are over, it's the other way around now since consoles are severely limited by watts and cooling case constraints.

No longer are games "exclusive" to consoles, they're all appearing on PC, PC has BC and better pricing for software. Plus you don't need to defend some shit faceless company for poor choices made in their walled garden. For years I've been forced into the ghetto by gaming companies, it's a breath of fresh air to see them embrace the superior choice.

Oh btw, microsoft gave me DX12 and windows 10, they've made PC gaming even better. :rock:

Rocco waiting for the next under powered nintendo flop hardware. :suicide:
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Sega rehashing/re-releasing older games? This isn't news...

UNLESS THERE ARE NEW FRIENDS!!111!!!
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

25th anniversary of Sonic this year. They did a new logo and everything!

I'm thinking a new generations. But it will be console games from late 90's onwards on a compilation disc.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Speaking of Sonic I actually picked up Lost Worlds today during the Steam sale (for the kids :D )! Not a bad game! If Sega release Vanquish on PC I'll fucking die! One of my all time favs!
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

I have Vanquish.. got it for like $12 at JB. Played it but found it a bit hard to get the hang of control wise.. I assume you get used to it though?

It's a stunningly eye candy game.

As for Sonic Generations 2.. it would be good if they had more Sonic CD and better physics for the retro levels. Actually make it like the originals FFS.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Vanquish is awesome, some great levels and the gunplay mechanics are fantastic.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I...uh....still have never played Vanquish.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

they should port their entire arcade back catalogue. I'd love to play Virtua Racing or Daytona 2 with full feedback on my TX wheel (MAME doesn't support feedback :( )
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Candy Arse wrote:I...uh....still have never played Vanquish.
For shame Candy, for shame.

[Click to see hidden content]
Don't worry, neither has Jasper!
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
K.T.Shoe[BMs]
Still a rookie
XBL ID: MrSlow88
PSN ID: MrSlow88

Post by K.T.Shoe[BMs] »

I wouldn't mind if Sega makes another Out Run or Space Harrier.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Not me, 4 Out Runs is enough. I really can't imagine what else they'd do aside from eye candy.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Yeah, Super Out Run Maker would be fresh and innovative. Slap it together in two weeks with a couple of plebs, get everyone else to pay to make the tracks, job done!

It'd probably get Gertsmann Of The Year too.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Wake me up when sega finally lets me play phantasy star online 2 officially in english on my vita or ps4. serously it could happen. Yakuza 5 came out.

As for pc: poor kids love this because it lets them hack games and cheat. That's why console hasn't died yet. In esports you got to give the player standard.. Why did console version of street fighter 4 become official tournament version and not the pc version?
PC is evil that's why. It's just an emulator and console-port box. Hopefully the next cdr rpg game has ugly graphics to be able to still run on console (like metal gear solid 5 which runs on ps3 still) so I can cheer for team console.

Can't stand the pc community always begging companies for ports to pc all the time. Just buy a console to play dark souls you idiots. The artists never made the tiny cramped environments detailed enough to warrant needing pc to play them. That's why the graphics look like crap. (ie witcher 3 downgraded to match ps4 specs) They know where the money is: It's the masses of povo kids who use analogue sticks not the keyboard tappers.

They love consoles enough that dad (who only owns a pc with text adventures to play on it and monochrome graphics) has to go to extremes to get kids to stop playing; increasing sony's sales as the addicted kid buys two (one as backup if the first gets destroyed by his parents):
^ that's what happens if you only get an A- on your report card and you didn't outdo all the other asian kids whose dads cut off one of their balls with a samurai sword for not being the best. (the dad in the video was going easy on his son who was supposed to become prime minister of japan before games took over his life)

You don't see dad destroying pc because its already dead. (no mario) PC will get better when developers start seeing weak console sales but that isn't happening anytime soon.
Last edited by GameHED on 07 Jan 2016 08:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

GameHED wrote:Wake me up when sega finally lets me play phantasy star online 2 officially in english on my vita or ps4. serously it could happen. Yakuza 5 came out.
PSO2 has been available on PC for a few years now

Why did console version of street fighter 4 become official tournament version and not the pc version?
The same reason it's always console where possible - no need to worry about weird hardware/software setups. Use your brain dummy.
Just buy a console to play dark souls you idiots.
Superior version already available on PC.

That's why the graphics look like crap. (ie witcher 3 downgraded to match ps4 specs)
Candy Arse PC version of Witcher 3 - 1440p, Ultra settings 70fps
GameHED PS4 version of Witcher 3 - 1080p, medium settings 30fps

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... t-face-off" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Overall, CD Projekt Red's legacy as a developer is deeply entrenched in PC, and to a great extent it shows in this version's extras. Everything from hair physics to broader draw distances make it a cut above console - a sharper, richer-looking release that also benefits from superior textures and effects. The ability to hit and hold 60fps is, to our minds, the PC's best advantage though. Even with its camera stutters, combat is far more responsive than the console's circa-30fps, and on limited GPUs we'd gladly give up the above visual extras up for it.