The Witness (PS4/PC)

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Gamma
Dot Eater

The Witness (PS4/PC)

Post by Gamma »

It's been a really long wait, but it appears The Witness is finally heading to PS4 and PC on the 26th (or "0126 2016", see what they did there?). It's not going to be for everyone, but I got a bit moist when I saw that binary tree at 0:16.

Anyone else keen? Braid is one of the best games of all time IMO, there is no doubt in my mind that this will be an awesome experience.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Re: The Witness (PS4/PC)

Post by Madmya »

Count me in! Been keeping an eye on this for a while, was pleasantly surprised to see the release date so soon.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I came for the jar of pee.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Only one person is interested, and another wants to watch someone urinate, but impressions please! (If you bought it)
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

It's killing me, but I'm holding off for now. I've still got some loose ends in The Talos Principle, and it feels like I'd be doing myself a great disservice by juggling between the two. Hoping to hit it on the weekend, will report back.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I bought it a couple of days, played a good 40 mins or so, completed about 35 puzzles. They start off easy then increase in difficulty as you progress further. Good for the brain, but the movement can make you feel nauseous, I would recommend playing it in short bursts. The environments have a nice aesthetic to them.
Kangawallaby
Netballer
XBL ID: Kangawallaby
PSN ID: Kangawallaby
Steam ID: Kangawallaby

Post by Kangawallaby »

Fantastic game put in about 27 hours and seen the "ending" brilliant puzzles. Still so much more to do but my brain needs a break.
2nd place is the first loser....

Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I don't even know where to begin. This is one of the best games I've ever played. The more time I spend on this island, the more apparent it becomes that every single object was carefully crafted, coloured and placed in that precise position, at that orientation, under those lighting conditions, for a reason. It's all one big intricate machine, and yet it manages to teach all of the necessary skills to the player with the same unspoken finesse that 1-1 teaches Mario to jump over enemies and hit blocks with his head.

I love that I can see something out of place and know that it's a puzzle to be solved, no matter how obtuse. Too many games have weird incongruent shit and mislead the player into either wasting time trying to complete something that isn't there, or losing faith in the games ability to communicate and ignoring all such cues in future.

520~ puzzles in, I've activated all of the lasers and am plugging away at the harder puzzles. Loved opening up shortcuts between areas and gradually learning the rules to the puzzles. Funny thing is, I find there's almost no way to describe what playing the game's like to others without spoiling something. People who haven't played it ask "so, is it just a bunch of line puzzles for $55?", and if you want to put it like that the answer is... yes. But it's so much more.

Calling it now, game of the year. To anyone who's put off merely by the price tag, take the plunge. Bring a pencil and paper, camera, and as I learned entirely too late into the process, make use of this. Bring a grid book and a pair or scissors if you really want to be on top of your game.

I think this is the only game since Shadow of the Colossus where I wish for a Men In Black style device that would let me experiece it all over for the first time, at the possible expense of important memory loss.

Not the rating thread but 12/10.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Got my Surface Book yesterday, suffice to say upon reading this glowing review I did not hesitate in purchasing. 8)

Are you playing on PS4, Gamma?
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Yep. I reckon it'd be awesome on a tablet though, I might even double dip with the alleged iOS version in the works.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Coming to bone very soon. Will have to double dip. :nana:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

People still play on that thing? Huh
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Yes I'll be playing the superior version available to me.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Well gaming PCs from the 1990s aside, I just assumed XBONE was officially discontinued.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Could be!
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Maybe he's going to play it on the new Xbone S. The S stands for Sucker.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

How'd it go on the Surface, Madmya?
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

It's decent and definitely playable. I have the settings at a decent level (high and med levels) and a 1500x1000 res to get about 30 fps. But there's no denying it could and should look better and when it's such a beautiful game that irks me. Looking forward to the bone version for sure.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Candy Arse wrote:Well gaming PCs from the 1990s aside, I just assumed XBONE was officially discontinued.
t0mby wrote:Maybe he's going to play it on the new Xbone S. The S stands for Sucker.
The Jerk Store called, they're running out of you.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Lepo5 wrote:
Candy Arse wrote:Well gaming PCs from the 1990s aside, I just assumed XBONE was officially discontinued.
t0mby wrote:Maybe he's going to play it on the new Xbone S. The S stands for Sucker.
The Jerk Store called, they're running out of you.
One Candy is enough. Besides they already have their own day with "Hug a Ginga" day, last thing we want is a Jerk Sale too unless it's buy two get Lepo5 free! :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.