Sell your XBONES - Quantum Break PC

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-o ... 05-10aaa0a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
An age certification regulator in Brazil appears to have reviewed and rated a PC edition of Quantum Break, the upcoming time-manipulation action game from Finnish studio Remedy Entertainment.

On January 25, Brazil's Ministério da Justiça filed two separate reports for the game, both of which were subsequently unearthed by Gematsu. The classification report explains that both the Xbox One and PC versions depict (or make references to) drugs, profanity, and violence.

If accurate, the report would therefore suggest that a PC edition of the game is fully playable.

Quantum Break was first showcased at Microsoft's Xbox One reveal event in May 2013, and since then has been described as an exclusive for the console.

However, the head of Xbox, Phil Spencer, said in November that he had not ruled out the possibility of key Xbox One games coming to Windows, including Quantum Break.

"In the case of things like Scalebound or Crackdown or Quantum Break, you know, just to be completely honest with you, we started those games before we really looked at expanding into Windows in the way that I wanted to as part of becoming Head of Xbox," he said.

Spencer's expanding remit within Microsoft's games division has led to his team supporting both console and PC. In September 2014, Microsoft spent $2.5 billion on acquiring Minecraft studio Mojang, and following this the games division revealed an Xbox App for Windows 10 that allows the PC to stream content from the Xbox One. Other games, including Fable Legends and Rare's Sea of Thieves are being developed for both console and PC.

Quantum Break was scheduled to ship in 2015, though in April that year the team at Remedy announced the release date had been pushed to 2016.

Meanwhile a TV show based on the game is also in post-production. It stars X-Men's Shawn Ashmore, Dominic Monaghan from The Lord of the Rings, and Aidan Gillen from Game of Thrones.
1440p 144fps here I come :bow:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Re: Sell your XBONES - Quantum Break PC

Post by lestat »

Nice. :up:

They need to port Forza to PC then I can abandon consoles entirely.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I'd like to see Madden on PC again...no idea why it's not when FIFA is.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

That's great news, it might start to get noticed more now.

Still won't be selling the bone, I can't justify a desktop PC.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

XB1 has FUCK ALL exclusives for 2016! :down:

Quantum Break IS COMING TO PC!

Halo Wars 2 IS COMING TO PC!

Fable Legends IS COMING TO PC!

ReCore IS COMING TO PC!

Gears of War: Ultimate Edition IS COMING TO PC!

Sea of Thieves (Rare's shitty game) IS COMING TO PC!

Killer Instinct: Season 3 IS COMING TO PC!

Literally the only exclusives I can think of for all of 2016 are Crackdown 3 & Gears of War 4 (yay...third person shooter after third person shooter :roll: ) That's it! :redface:

On the other hand PS4 has Uncharted 4, Horizon: Zero Dawn, The Last Guardian, Gran Turismo Sport, Gravity Rush 2, Ratchet and Clank etc..and don't forget PlayStation VR (Virtual Reality).

PS4 is going to absolutely decimate XB1 (more so) this year! :cry:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Now you're just being deliberately dense.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Great news. Of all the console exclusives going around this is the one I'd pick first to release on PC.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Jasper wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

XB1 has FUCK ALL exclusives for 2016! :down:

Quantum Break IS COMING TO PC!

Halo Wars 2 IS COMING TO PC!

Fable Legends IS COMING TO PC!

ReCore IS COMING TO PC!

Gears of War: Ultimate Edition IS COMING TO PC!

Sea of Thieves (Rare's shitty game) IS COMING TO PC!

Killer Instinct: Season 3 IS COMING TO PC!

Literally the only exclusives I can think of for all of 2016 are Crackdown 3 & Gears of War 4 (yay...third person shooter after third person shooter :roll: ) That's it! :redface:

On the other hand PS4 has Uncharted 4, Horizon: Zero Dawn, The Last Guardian, Gran Turismo Sport, Gravity Rush 2, Ratchet and Clank etc..and don't forget PlayStation VR (Virtual Reality).

PS4 is going to absolutely decimate XB1 (more so) this year! :cry:
Funny you complain about 3rd person shooters and then list a bunch of sony 3rd person shooters. (uncharted/horizon/rachet clank). :lol:

MS must be worried people are playing all those games on a Sony BSD based PC. :redface:
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

This is probably the best thread... GameHED did raise a valid point in one of his rants. What big budget exclusives are there for the PC?

It seems games are targeted at consoles first, most control presets these days are for control pads, and then an upgraded version is released for PC.

Gone are the days of Wolfenstein or Doom or Duke been PC exclusives.

Basically if you want to play a game an aren't in the mood to pay the price of a top end PC you buy a console.

Sure, xbone is dead for exclusives... I honestly can't think of any that have stayed exclusive this gen. But you can still get your exclusives on PS4 and Wii U.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

GreyWizzard wrote:This is probably the best thread... GameHED did raise a valid point in one of his rants. What big budget exclusives are there for the PC?
Star Citizen 80m.

I don't see the point of the statement though, big budget = big risk. Any publisher doing a big budget title will cast their net as wide as possible to maximize sales, notice the trend of 3rd party console exclusives ending up on PC, not even a platform holder subsidizing development can make up the short fall in sales by neglecting a large chunk of the market which the PC is now, just look at EA/Ubisoft/Activisions public records, PC accounts for 30% of their sales. In some genres PC is more attractive due to the digital nature in purchases where you don't compete with retailers for margin and used game sales.

Also the whole big budget thing is a farce when our consoles have been flooded with cheap low budget indie games, the heavily subsidized platform holder loss leader games are far and few between, especially with the 3 year dev cycle these days.

Consoles are basically cheap idiot proof PCs for those that aren't fussed by 30fps and medium details.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

PC's led with amazing games that simply weren't possible on consoles. This doesn't happen anymore.

Besides a better looking game what is the real incentive. Most indie titles are coming to co sole anyway.

Like you said in backing up my point, the xbox one is a medium pc for people who don't want to spend the money.

Good thing we have the PS4 and Wii U for actual exclusives.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

There are plenty of games exclusive to PC. Browse Steam and there are shitloads.

Big budget exclusives are becoming more and more rare because the money isn't there. It's smart to release big name games across as many platforms as possible to try and make a profit.

I know games like the Total War series (which I personally adore) I can't play anywhere else. lestat mentioned Star Citizen which should be released any decade now :lol:

I bought Homeworld 3 the other day, can't play that elsewhere.
It seems games are targeted at consoles first, most control presets these days are for control pads, and then an upgraded version is released for PC.
This is really well said and the truth...and it's also a good thing IMO. I believe right now is the golden age of PC gaming, because you still have access to games that are a natural fit for KBAM but now you also get these awesome console games that offer a better playing experience than you get on the consoles without having to fuck around with hardware, joypads etc.

Also - Wii U is THE console to own for exclusives hands down. Best console on the market still.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

The xbox is pretty much an excellent steambox for Microsoft. It should be celebrated that Microsoft are starting to ease up on their ignorance of their roots. These games, whilst not exclusive to xbox, are exclusive to Microsoft. I can't see Quantum Break, Gears, and all of these Microsoft-published games making it to SteamOS. Nor a Sony/Nintendo console.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Candy Arse wrote:Best console on the market still.
... in the context of someone who owns one of the other consoles or a PC.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

The Wii U without doubt is the console for exclusives... :up:

New Super Mario Bros. U (+ New Super Luigi U DLC)

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate HD

Pikmin 3

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

Mario Kart 8 (+ DLC 1 & DLC 2 Packs = 48 Total Courses)

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

The Wonderful 101 (Action Adventure Game From Hideki Kamiya)

Super Mario 3D World

Bayonetta 2 (Includes Bayonetta 1)

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

NES Remix / NEX Remix II

Hyrule Warriors

Super Smash Bros. U

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Splatoon

Yoshi's Woolly World

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Super Mario Maker

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

Star Fox Zero

Paper Mario

Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem

Pokkén Tournament

The Legend of Zelda U
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

There's a great big list of games that neither of us will ever play.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

:lol:

Burn
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Nice list to load up on my Wii U emulator. :lol:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Cletus wrote:There's a great big list of games that neither of us will ever play.
:lol: Someone pass Jasper cream for that burn
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Madmya wrote:
Well...yeah. If I didn't own a ninja PC I'd have a PS4/Wii U combo.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

The pc used to be king for shooters but teens are going to buy console because more people can afford console so that translates into a bigger pool of online people to play with/against. The poor kid who can't afford to upgrade knows the rich guy at the other end of the screen for ps4 has no advantages over him.

Also notice how the engines for games like COD are old and just reused with some extra fx here and there? Third parties don't give a fuck about master race as much as the closed platforms unless it's to milk an existing thing.

The bean counters are the ones to make all the decisions not the creative people which is why rare employees have had to go indie to give us sequel to banjo kazooie thanks to MS not using Rare in the way fans of old Rare game want them to.

Graphics aren't everything. Look how crap fallout looks and it still sells even though it has small world. Meanwhile clones of triple A exclusives like unchartered (Tomb Raider reboot franchise on xbox) are probably forgotten about. Why? Cuz people are driven by what their mates play. Nobody cares that blazblue or street fighter looks unrealistic because some games only need to be fun. XBone needs a gimmick that isn't going to piss off fat people. I like the idea of kinect but was it enough to outweigh the differences in resolution between Bone and ps4? Nope.

Now to japanese guys who are used to outdated looking graphics on portables, ...they probably won't min. But the XB brand is usually about the western developed titles not JRPGs or obscure sims so the impact of the hardware not being as good as ps4 is a big deal to third parties who ignore the low end machines. MS is going kiddy which is wrong. That's nintendo's space. Buying minecraft won't do shit.

Instead they should have continued nurturing start up western companies to create new interesting franchises that could outdo stuff that bungie do, or try to clone popular game series by blizzard or nintendo.

eg make their own platform series that is like marios using Rare. Create a kinect RTS game using waggle that appeals to people who like to bark out commands. Start their own open world FPS to rival Far Cry. Make space sim series like Freelancer. You know take some risks. Sony has done that with Bloodborne. Why can't MS pay for the exclusive to the next Duke Nukem game or something? Didn't you guys see how good Wolfenstein was?

Also MS need to care about the japanese developers too.

There are still non-asian people who like the odd japanese arcadey shooters that are meant to be about mindless killing and that's it. Because people want to relax with an arcade-like game. (all the platinum stuff is short but quality)

BTW EDF 4.1 (reboot of EDF 2025 with more content and 60fps) is coming out for ps4:
This game has cult following like the dynasty warriors games. It all adds up.. MS needs another series like what ninja gaiden was on original xbox.
^this was back when owning a MS Xbox meant you were "hardcore". Now they focus on appealing to kids who play games using voxels and sequels to gran turismo clones. They've fallen. EA has abandoned them and releases games on the rival. So really it's all about them not nurturing the talent. (we should have gotten Conker open world RPG game series by now.) If Wii U is the DC of this gen, then Bone is the Gamecube.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Candy Arse wrote:
Madmya wrote:
Well...yeah. If I didn't own a ninja PC I'd have a PS4/Wii U combo.
That's a cop-out. You're only saying it's the best when bought in conjunction with something else. So what is it? PS4 or Wii U.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

hmmm. Right now if it was one console only and no PC...PS4 would win based on SFV.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

You would choose the PS4 only because of SFV. So if SFV was not coming to PS4, you would give up almost all of this:
10 points - The Witcher 3 (Superior PC Version)
9 points - Metal Gear Solid V (Superior PC Version)
8 points - Grand Theft Auto 5 (Superior PC Version)
7 points - Fallout 4 (Superior PC Version)
6 points - Pillars of Eternity (Superior PC Version)
5 points - Homeworld Remastered Collection (Superior PC Version)
4 points - Ori and the Blind Forest (Superior PC Version)
3 points - Uncharted Collection (PS4)
2 points - Yoshi's Wooly World (Wii U)
1 point - NBA 2K16 (Superior PC Version)
for a Wii U. Yes?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Sure would.

Fortunately I'm a big boy and don't have to. Not restricted by money, time or brand loyalty :unbiased: