Post by lestat »

Cloud saves sync between devices. :o

SOLD!
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Re: Sell your XBONES - Quantum Break PC

Post by Rorschach »

Damn, that's great news. Looking forward to the Gears games at their full potential.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Jasper wrote:
Candy Arse wrote:I actually fucking love the fact that MS are bringing more games to PC again.
The only reason you're happy is because it makes owning an XB1 (and XB1 software) essentially unnecessary. :wink:

When you have every third party game available on PC & PS4 (with superior graphics/resolution/frame-rate, etc), and the supposed XB1 "exclusive" games no longer exclusive but instead coming to PC (again...with superior graphics/resolution/frame-rate, etc BUT also at a cheaper price)...WTF is the point of owning an XB1 - when you are paying for the MOST INFERIOR version of 99% of XB1's software library, paying a fucking monthly subscription fee to play the MOST INFERIOR version of 99% of XB1's software library, and also paying more money for these INFERIOR XB1 versions of games :?

As I have always said (for at least half a decade now)...xbots are seriously PC gamers gone retarded. :redface:
No I'm happy because I own a ridiculously good PC that allows me to play the superior versions of PS4, XBONE and Nintendo games.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Explain to me babes how your precious PC allows you to play the likes of Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Super Smash Bros. U, Pikmin 3, Splatoon, etc...and especially this when it's released later this year...

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

8)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

It will eventually once it's emulated just like every other Nintendo system.

Until then I've got the superior PC version of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD to keep me occupied!

:suicide: Jasper :suicide:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Official blurb

http://news.xbox.com/2016/02/11/quantum ... n-april-5/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pre-Order Quantum Break for Xbox One to Receive the Windows 10 Version at No Additional Cost

Xbox wants to empower gamers to play the games they want with the people they want on the devices they want, so Microsoft Studios and Remedy Entertainment will launch Quantum Break on Windows 10 simultaneously with the Xbox One version on April 5, 2016. Anyone who pre-orders the Xbox One digital version of Quantum Break through the Xbox Store, purchases an Xbox One digital token at participating retailers, or pre-orders an Xbox One Special Edition Quantum Break bundle, will receive the Windows 10 version of the game downloadable at the Windows Store via redemption code.*

For more details about the Windows 10 version of Quantum Break, including minimum and recommend hardware specs, please visit http://www.quantumbreak.com/windows10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Will there be shared progress across the campaign? Is there any cross-play opportunities between the Xbox One and Windows 10 versions?

“Quantum Break” will support shared saves between the Xbox One and Windows 10 versions. There is no cross-play functionality as “Quantum Break” is a single player action-adventure experience.
Some beefy specs required in the recommended column.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

About time we get a PC game that really pushes the hardware.

Literally good-guy MS on this one. Buy XBONE, get superior PC version for free. They're building themselves some goodwill now with XBONE owners, PC owners and Wii U owners via the top selling Wii U game...so far.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I wonder if that's to run the game at 60fps? Dat ram usage :o

Oh wow, just missed the part where it's getting released alongside the bone version. :up:
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

This deal appeals more to MS since there is zero chance of people trading in the Xbone version of the game therefor eliminating a chance of a loss of sale via trade in. Plus, if you have a beast of a PC why would you pay more for the digital console version than the PC version to get two copies, one of which you wouldn't play?
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Awesome news, great news that Alan Wake is becoming backwards compatible too - great game.

Everyone is happy. Except Jasper.

:nana:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Preordered. Bring on the games! which Jasper can't play
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Here are the complete system requirements.

Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Need to upgrade my RAM and then set
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

BRING ON ULTRA QUALITY!!! :up:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
t0mby
Cheats

Quantum Break PC not coming.to Steam.

Post by t0mby »

Aaron Greenberg mentioned on the MajorNelson podcast that Quantum Break is a Windows 10 Store exclusive and is not coming to Steam.

http://majornelson.com/podcast/mnr-563- ... -and-more/ (via Dual Shockers, at about 1:16:15 in)
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Another GFWL type disaster incoming?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Also I think it's fair to say MS hoodwinked XBONE owners. Obviously the superior PC version of this game has been developed for some time...
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I would fucken laugh if MS botch up the PC version and it's locked at 30fps. It won't happen, they can't afford to fuck it up but I do remember a few multiplatform racers being locked at 30fps, I think one was that first Criterion NFS, Hot Pursuit.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I assumed that since win10 is now a backbone for their devices it was going to be another GFWL deal. It makes sense for then to keep it locked down. Oh no, it's locked to windows... ooohhh... that thing I need to play my games on. I can only buy it through the store that I have access to via my computer that plays the game.

Sure it limits choice but it's their product and they have the right to sell it where they want. I don't see how it's a disservice to gamers. Preorder the xbone version, collect it, sell it off keep the pc version. Whatevs.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I'm not familiar with the windows store. How are the prices, and do they have sales often?

Pros/Cons?

On PC I use mostly steam, very little of origin.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I was reading people's posts at Gaf and some are concerned the games will be locked down tight, no modding or tweaking and stuff. I know it's not a big deal to some but it is to others. Imagine Dark Souls with no modders 1080p widescreen fix.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

t0mby wrote:I would fucken laugh if MS botch up the PC version and it's locked at 30fps. It won't happen, they can't afford to fuck it up but I do remember a few multiplatform racers being locked at 30fps, I think one was that first Criterion NFS, Hot Pursuit.
Hot Pursuit on PC is 60 fps I believe.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

t0mby wrote:I was reading people's posts at Gaf and some are concerned the games will be locked down tight, no modding or tweaking and stuff. I know it's not a big deal to some but it is to others. Imagine Dark Souls with no modders 1080p widescreen fix.
How often is it up to the community to patch games on PC?
Remedy will be better than that
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

jizzlobber wrote:
t0mby wrote:I was reading people's posts at Gaf and some are concerned the games will be locked down tight, no modding or tweaking and stuff. I know it's not a big deal to some but it is to others. Imagine Dark Souls with no modders 1080p widescreen fix.
How often is it up to the community to patch games on PC?
Remedy will be better than that
Depends how quick patches drop and if they fix the issues at hand.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Worried it will be locked down? Another example that gamers are a pack of entitled dicks. If Remedy/Microsoft or any other developer/publisher want it locked down, lock that shit down.

Some people feel they were duped into getting a bone believing it was not coming to PC and I do feel for the 0.1% of xbox one owners who have done so. I can't feel sorry for the other group who are angry with Microsoft "letting go" of an exclusive.