No word on the PC version.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Re: Sell your XBONES - Quantum Break PC

Post by Madmya »

45 GB, then if you downloaded ALL of the videos it'd be that big. I believe there are different movies depending on your different choices?
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Yes, I think that's right, but 75GB is unheard of for 80mins worth of FMV.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Especially at 900p :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

t0mby wrote:Especially at 900p :lol:
This game isn't just designed for povo consoles mate, glorious master racers will be going for 4k. The footage is probably 4k master quality.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Need a title change, Re-buy your Xbox One and sell your PC. :P

PC version still not available.

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

So Microsoft fuck up their own console business and are now fucking up at PC gaming, which was their old business.

Good work MS!

:suicide: lestat :suicide:
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

flipswitch wrote:Image
Sub 30fps on a high end gfx card?

:suicide: Candy :suicide:

On low settings?

Master Race gaming ftw!
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

lol the game isn't even available on the store yet, jumping the gun t0mby. :lol:

Btw just played on xbone, games looks amazing, the time effects are unlike anything I've seen before and truly next gen, the realtime cutscenes can be confused for live action video, they look that good. The temporal reconstruction technique works pretty well, looks sharp on my TV but I have noticed some ghosting, very little to no aliasing, a great compromise considering the hardware and the realtime Global Illumination delivering some of the best lighting I've seen in a game. The combat is sensational, fast paced not bogged down like other cover shooters, you need to keep moving, the time powers add great depth compared to max payne games, shooting has a great feel, this is the best shooter remedy has ever done.

Watching a tv episode in between levels is odd though, I like the way they're building the story but yeah just feels odd.

Look forward to trying it out on PC when it officially goes live, but honestly I wouldn't be upset to play it through on console, framerate is pretty locked and it looks amazing, Remedy delivered here.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

So a game running at 900p 30fps can look "amazing" lestat? Good to know.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

The game definitely has some weird graphical effects. Top notch acting so far, but I've played little.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

t0mby wrote:So a game running at 900p 30fps can look "amazing" lestat? Good to know.

720p :lol:

Quantum Broke PC is yet another disappointment from Microsoft.

PNG direct captures look very blurry and at a lower but depth ( dithering)
http://wccftech.com/quantum-break-pc-di ... ech.com%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I’ve had some time to test Quantum Break for PC and unfortunately, so far it’s been another disappointment. The test rig is 4K ready: i7 3770 CPU, 16GB RAM and 2xGTX 980Ti. With this computer I was able to play Rise of the Tomb Raider (the Steam version) at 4K with max settings staying close to 60FPS, and Tom Clancy’s The Division at 1440P with max settings and close to 60FPS frame rate.
However, since my 4K display is currently on its way to ASUS for a replacement I had to reinstall my 1080P display. The bad news is that Quantum Break at maximum settings doesn’t run well at all, even with this configuration, at FullHD resolution.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/quantum-break-pc-di ... z44xaNS9ny" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

With GSYNC enabled it’s literally a slideshow. Once I disabled GSYNC, the game became playable but full of stuttering. Furthermore, the graphics are actually more than a bit underwhelming due to plenty of aliasing and blurry textures. This can’t even be fixed via downsampling – I have DSR (Dynamic Super Resolution) enabled in the NVIDIA panel, but resolutions higher than my native one (1080P) can’t be selected at all within the game; it seems likely that AMD users will face the same result with their equivalent VSR (Virtual Super Resolution).
I’ve even tried to disable SLI, but it had no effect at all on performance. It’s likely that both SLI and Crossfire do not work right now, which is a problem across the board for DirectX 12/UWP games for the moment being, but I found no benefit going back to a single card either.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/quantum-break-pc-di ... z44xazMfn5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There’s no doubt that Remedy and Microsoft will try to improve performance via updates in the future and I sincerely hope they can do it soon, so that everyone can enjoy Quantum Break at its fullest. Right now, though, this port isn’t in a good shape. Recent games like Rise of the Tomb Raider and Tom Clancy’s The Division have raised the bar, looking and performing much better than Quantum Break does right now even though they both feature far larger environments than Remedy’s title.
Moreover, this is the second DirectX 12 only game to be released. Both were distributed via the Universal Windows Platform and published by Microsoft; both, so far, have been disappointments in terms of performance. This is not encouraging for Microsoft’s renewed effort in PC gaming.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/quantum-break-pc-di ... z44xb8E0PB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PC could be using the same reconstruction technique as Xbone. Have to wait for more tests.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

lestat wrote:
t0mby wrote:Especially at 900p :lol:
This game isn't just designed for povo consoles mate, glorious master racers will be going for 4k. The footage is probably 4k master quality.
On Xbox One you can stream the TV show when necessary or download the entire pack with all the variations, this is a 75gb download.

On Windows 10 you can only stream the TV show.
Don't worry, that download for Xbone is "probably" 4K too! Probably.

:rollin:
V-Sync and G-Sync are not currently supported features on the Windows store

:suicide: lestat :suicide:

:lol: :suicide: :lol:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Yep I'm really bummed out by this. We're now at the stage where PC hardware is too underpowered and low-res, low fps is what we can expect from here on out.

Oh wait, that's the consoles and this is just a shitty PC port. Back to Rise of The Tomb Raider at 1440p 80fps! :lol:

:suicide: t0mby :suicide:
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Candy Arse wrote:Yep I'm really bummed out by this. We're now at the stage where PC hardware is too underpowered and low-res, low fps is what we can expect from here on out.

Oh wait, that's the consoles and this is just a shitty PC port. Back to Rise of The Tomb Raider at 1440p 80fps! :lol:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

t0mby wrote:So a game running at 900p 30fps can look "amazing" lestat? Good to know.
You do know the game uses multiple frames to increase the effective resolution combined with 4xMSAA, the game is doing Global Illumination lighting and effects never seen in real time before. But then again you wouldn't know because you're just a troll to poor to own and experience the game for yourself.

I don't have my PC code to try for myself but looks like the PC version was rushed and the engine is designed around some of the nuances of the xbone architecture(MSAA is bandwidth intensive for defferred rendering, probably leveraging that read/write ESRAM bandwidth). I'd wait for a few patches first like Gears to fix issues, the rendering setup is first of its kind and I can see why they went that way to achieve the complex lighting/physics.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

haha t0mby is trying really hard. A bad PC port of a game and all of a sudden PC gaming is the worst.

Meanwhile I'll just wait until Quantum Break gets fixed (assuming it does) and then buy it. Sounds a little like Rise of The Tomb Raider where the first release needed serious hardware just to get 30fps, then they pop in the DX12 patch and all of a sudden you're getting above 60fps just by setting it to DX12. Or Quantum Break PC stays shit and I just don't play it, it's not like we're short of options on Master Race...and that's before my Oculus Rift arrives :D

When do we expect PS4 games to be patched up to modern standards? Maybe The Order 1886 will get patched so it's full screen AND 60fps! Maybe a DriveClub patch so it's 60fps...or not :lol:

Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Case of MS fucking up the port than anything. Should have got Nixxes to do it. In fact, all console ports should be done by Nixxes. Rise of the Tomb Raider is probably one of the best looking games on the PC at the moment.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I think it is! It's the best looking game I've seen for sure. Even at 30fps it looks amazing but at 80fps it melts my mind how stunning it is.

Imagine that t0mby, a game that runs ABOVE 30fps! Actually you probably can't :lol:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

I wonder how hard wired the temporal frame buffer rendering is in their pipeline, I think on PC it would be better to not use that setup and just use a traditional full size deferred frame buffer with post process AA. I'm really hanging to get my code to see for myself.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Now PC gamers can get a taste of the Xbox one's 720p visuals. We are finally seeing them blurring the lines between platforms. :keke:
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

:lol:
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

This is what bullet time looks like in 30fps on the PC.

lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Strange how obsessed Sony fans are with resolution. That's all I ever see talked about on game boards now.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

:lol: Console ghetto :lol: