The Division Beta

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

The Division Beta

Post by Froggy »

So did anyone get an invite and have a go at this over the weekend? I tried but I was constantly getting server drop outs so gave up, eerily similar to the same issues they seemed to have during the Rainbow Six beta, let's hope things are ironed out for the final release. From what I did play which amounted to running around not knowing wtf I was doing it looks real good on xbone so shall be pretty damn impressive on a high end PC if its built right.

Here's the issues for Rainbow six, not sure if its a ubi issue again for this one but I suspect so:
http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/rainbow_s ... aunch.html
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: The Division Beta

Post by Candy Arse »

Is it like Destiny?
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Dunno, I got destiny and installed it am yet to actually play it besides make a character so I can't say sorry.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

Sunk about 20 hours into it over the weekend and it's the game Destiny should of been.

Huge detailed open world and great gameplay mechanics, also the dark zone areas are a blast to play.

Day 1 for me.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

It did move to day 1 to me just by how much I liked the world. Didn't get to the dark zone but it does sound like it'll increase longevity and be fun.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Was too busy at the squid sisters concert. Maybe next time.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

90% of the game is SP. It's not some giant MMO. Basically the marketing department has been keeping very quiet about it.

But you can 3p co-op the story mode.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Was so keen on this when announced, but the more I see the more my interest declines. It's just duck, cover, shoot waves of bullet sponge enemies that look exactly the same, even the bosses look the same but are just more sponger.... I hope there is more to it
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

GreyWizzard wrote:90% of the game is SP. It's not some giant MMO. Basically the marketing department has been keeping very quiet about it.

:orly:

I thought the game looked awesome but I wasn't really interested cos I don't want an MMO.

Now I'm keen to check it out :up:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

The Division is like Destiny in that many people seem to have been mislead into thinking it is something it isn't, setting themselves up for disappointment when the final game releases.
lestat wrote:Was too busy at the squid sisters concert. Maybe next time.
:lol:
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

GreyWizzard wrote:90% of the game is SP. It's not some giant MMO. Basically the marketing department has been keeping very quiet about it.

Day one for me single player at my own pace.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

LOL! No character pass through so everyone is forming a queue for the first NPC. What a joke.
MiNiStRy

Post by MiNiStRy »

Bought it yesterday for $68 from eb (price matched) but am yet to take it out of the wrapper as I have no time.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

GreyWizzard wrote:LOL! No character pass through so everyone is forming a queue for the first NPC. What a joke.
I kind of liked that, made it feel like there were lots of other division agents around who had been called in as well. Or you could do the smart thing and just walk around the other side of the table to talk to them..
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

For $69 its a bargain, I was surprised to see it at that price at JB so grabbed it. Did struggle with what I was doing at the start, after I finished a mission I kept going back to the safe house not realising that the side missions were actually missions that needed to be completed to move forward. I have found combat well the introductory combat pretty easy so far and some enemy detection of me a bit overly touchy but it's been a good experience so far. The game world looks absolutely phenomenal on the xbone so on a high end PC it will be nuts, also no loading at all on xbox.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
MiNiStRy

Post by MiNiStRy »

Had a go this afternoon created my character went to the safe house then proceeded to check my identity for 30 mins wtf!
I'm glad it was purchased from eb as i will be returning it.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Online related issue, Isn't this the norm for big game releases? Might want to hold out a few days as it should get fixed. I know I read something like that in the gaf thread.

Do you need to make a ubisoft account on consoles in order to play?
Kangawallaby
Netballer
XBL ID: Kangawallaby
PSN ID: Kangawallaby
Steam ID: Kangawallaby

Post by Kangawallaby »

I just grabbed the xbone version (feel dirty saying that) from the Argentina store for around 48 bucks. Would have preferred master race but have a few mates playing on Xbone plus I'm a controller guy and would get eaten alive by KB&M master race players.
2nd place is the first loser....

Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!
XBL ID: Burnzoire
Steam ID: Burnzoire

Post by Burnzoire »

MiNiStRy wrote:Had a go this afternoon created my character went to the safe house then proceeded to check my identity for 30 mins wtf!
I'm glad it was purchased from eb as i will be returning it.
This just goes to show you can't please everyone. Throughout the launch the servers have been solid for an mmo/online rpg worldwide release. Having to wait in a queue to activate is probably why the servers were so stable.

Go return your game though, good move.
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!

Post by Burnzoire »

Meanwhile at EB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

I'm loving it so far. Playing on PS4 and only level 7 but really enjoying my time with it. Game looks sumptuous. Controls really well too. Can't wait to get stuck into some dark world activities!
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

"If you run into the unfortunate event where other players are blocking your path and you're unable to enter or exit safe houses or the Dark Zone, make sure to keep this workaround in mind: Players can force their way past (or through) others by continuously running into said players for ~3 seconds. This will result in you passing through their character model, at which point you can get back on mission."
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Picked up the PS4 from Target for $68, cheapest around I think. Was going to buy the PC version but I know of at least three others that will play it with me on PS4 and that the PC version is another port. Recently played Assassin's Creed Unity on PC. Looked good but ramped my CPU to 100% constantly. Until Ubisoft make PC the lead platform I'll probably stick to PS4 versions of anything they make and that I want
Last edited by Rorschach on 11 Mar 2016 03:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!

Post by Burnzoire »

I'm about level 9 or 10, so a few hours in. Really enjoying it. Last night I really enjoyed a mission with a matchmade rando, I was pretty stoked to finally kill these sniper mobs that had us pinned for a good 10 minutes. The gunplay in this game can be surprisingly rewarding as the AI is really good at pinning you down and closing in on you, piling on the pressure. Enjoying the loot loop too.

I tried the Dark zone briefly but wandered into areas too high for me, so I'll try again in a level or two.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Haha, so many people that I added to my friends list through playing Destiny have jumped ship to this. Hoping it lights a bit of a fire under Bungie's pants.