Official Nintendo Switch thread: Rocco free zone.

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Re: The Official Nintendo NX Thread

Post by Vince »

Of course I'll be in on day 1. It's Nintendo! I'm happy with power comparable to ps4/xbone. Better than what we've had last 2 gens from Nintendo. All I want is to feel that sense of wonder and awe I 1st had when playing Mario 64. That was a moment I'll never forget and so far has never been replicated. It changed gaming for me forever. I want that moment again...
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Candy Arse wrote:What's the NX launch wishlist?
Nintendo has gotten the launch so wrong the last 2 gens....I don't wanna hear launch window

At least I want.....

A Zelda
A 3d Mario
Mario Kart

Dream of seeing.....

F-Zero
Pilotwings
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Candy Arse wrote:What's the NX launch wishlist?
A totally new IP
Pilot Wings
Wave Rave
A full fledged Steel Diver console experience with massive campaign and multiplayer mode similar to Mechassault 2 on the OG Xbox.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Great thread.

I actually don't care about a launch wish list, we know the same IPs will be wheeled out.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I'd like to see a stronger relationship with companies like Sega, Capcom and Namco. Bring back the traditional Jap companies and make games based on their Mascots.

New Megaman, Sonic with a greater input from Nintendo, a decent Pacman adventure with some of those awesome pacman games we have seen recently. Make mascots big again.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I'd really like another Metroid Prime...but I wonder if that ship has sailed?
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

A whole new 3D Mario, Wave Race and F Zero at launch would be unbelievable. Please don't fuck this console up Nintendo. Please...
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Wave Race could get me interested. .
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

A new Wave Race would be really good! I was blown away by the original. Can't imagine two 1st party racing games at launch though...
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Vince wrote:Of course I'll be in on day 1. It's Nintendo! I'm happy with power comparable to ps4/xbone. Better than what we've had last 2 gens from Nintendo. All I want is to feel that sense of wonder and awe I 1st had when playing Mario 64. That was a moment I'll never forget and so far has never been replicated. It changed gaming for me forever. I want that moment again...
I hate to break it to ya, but I don't think you will ever recapture that feeling. Just be thankful you had those moments and enjoyed the amazing advancement of video games over the last 3 decades.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

lestat wrote:
Vince wrote:Of course I'll be in on day 1. It's Nintendo! I'm happy with power comparable to ps4/xbone. Better than what we've had last 2 gens from Nintendo. All I want is to feel that sense of wonder and awe I 1st had when playing Mario 64. That was a moment I'll never forget and so far has never been replicated. It changed gaming for me forever. I want that moment again...
I hate to break it to ya, but I don't think you will ever recapture that feeling. Just be thankful you had those moments and enjoyed the amazing advancement of video games over the last 3 decades.

If there's one man who can recapture that wonder and awe for me, it's Shigeru Miyamoto. Deep down I know you're right though, but it's something I hold onto every time Nintendo announce and release a new console...
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I'll no doubt be there day1.
I've really enjoyed the Wii, WiiU, DS and 3DS.

Spla2oon or at least a port of Splatoon would make it an absolute sure thing though.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I really, really hope they implement 3D support. Those 3D Classics games were sensational. The Sega ones especially are like playing them the they were always meant to be.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Beyond Good and Evil 2 might coming out on this, interest is rising
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I'd love to see that! A good "hardcore" get ala Bayonetta 2.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

My wishlist

Mario fps using fireballs similar to rayman energy balls in rayman 3d (the longer you hld button the heavier the ball.The ball would have physics so that smaller ones shoot further and bigger ones push enemies further but droop down. Punching the ground while unleashing a fireball lets you boost jump into the air like a superjump in mvc and can be used as a defensive attack that hits anything close range and do group damage. You wear fire retardant suit.

Donkey Kong spectacle brawler where you get angry like kratos and bash up all the rival apes in the jungle in cartoony violent ways. watch old ren and stimpy cartoos for guidance.

Battallion wars sequel that involves alien invasion. Nntendos answer to the EDF games but more tactical
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Wish list:
  • New Metroid game in either the main series or Prime (none of this Other M or Federation Force bullshit)
  • New main series Pokémon game that can be played portably and as a traditional console experience
  • Full B/C with WiiU hardware and software
  • Non-retarded user account system
Realistic Expectation list:
  • Metroid? lol
  • Childhood Pokémon dreams will be fulfilled, but not for launch
  • Digitally purchased WiiU games might work but there'll be no way to play WiiU discs
  • The user account system will be incrementally improved but still light years behind the competition
I have a gut feeling they'll pull the Twilight Princess stunt again, releasing the next Zelda as an NX launch title and slightly delaying the WiiU release to encourage NX sales. A Mario game of some description is pretty much guaranteed, and that's usually a good thing.

Really don't know at this stage if I'll dive in on launch. Odds are I'll say I won't, then cave on the day.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

hahah yeah you'll hold out until people start posting pics and impressions then you'll be on the hunt.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

if Nintendo really are going the WiiU BC route, they could offer a WiiU drive as an add-on?
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
The Adza
PSN ID: The_Adza

Post by The Adza »

I know i'm definitely not in the majority here, but I have absolutely loved Nintendo this last generation (of nintendo consoles, Wii U and 3DS). Of course things havent been the best, and I have only just got myself a PS4, but I still find myself playing Splatoon, Mario Maker and Mario Kart a lot. For me, I was just about to give up gaming. Games weren't going where my taste in games are these days for the most part. I am really glad the indie scene is really taking off because it's those games so far that I have been spending my time on the most on my Wii U and PS4.

However I'm a big skeptic of the NX. After spending a ton of money on some great titles on the 3DS I almost never play it any more. And the recent announcement of the SNES VC games only being for the New 3DS just annoys me to no end. I'm not upgrading just to play old games on the move. I don't see much appeal any more with any handheld device. I want my games to be played on my TV. Not on my phone. Not on my laptop. Not on a dedicated handheld device. Still they might have something that surprises me as I do use the gamepad a lot when i'm watching Youtube on my TV. I love the browser as well. I am still sold on the whole Gamepad experience for the most part. I'm not a big fan of shooter games, but god do I love splatoon. It's the perfect game for me. I don't have to use a gun if i don't want to. AND i adore the gyro controls. It just makes more sense to me. Feels natural.

My PS4 HDD is starting to collect some good games on it thanks to Playstation Plus and other discounts. Bastion. Fez. Galak-Z. Broforce. Rocket League. Valiant Hearts. I'm really starting to love playing games again. Something that without the Wii and Wii U, a lapsed gamer like myself would probably have given up by now. I like playing in short bursts mostly. But the games have that depth that if I want to spend a night playing it, then I can. I'm really looking forward to Assault Android Cactus, and want to give SMITE a better go too when I get the time. I'm just not sure how Nintendo is going to keep up.

Mario Kart is basically my only repeat offender mario game that i really enjoy. I could care less about the new Paper Mario Colour Splash. Really? It's so yawn worthy. I didn't mind 3D world. Mario Maker is ok but I don't make levels. I just play everyone elses. I really don't need another 2D mario game ever until this one stops being supported. Ive never been a fan of Zelda titles. I love pokemon, so having that on the big screen is definitely going to be a deciding factor. But I want to see more games and new IP like Splatoon. In my opinion it's in my top 3 games of all time. I want to see fresh ideas or takes on genres with that Nintendo feel but without Mario.

So will i get an NX, I think I will. Will it be day 1 like the Wii U and 3DS? No. Will the PS4 be my most played console in the coming years? I really think yes. I do think that having the one console to develop for instead of 2 (handheld and home console like 3DS and Wii U) will help a lot with software droughts. And we wont have to put up with a Mario Tennis/Golf/Party/ etc games padding out the consoles library on both systems. If all that effort went into just the one version then we could be seeing a lot more games a lot more often, and hopefully some new IP that doesn't involve Mario.

Still i don't regret my Wii U purchase at all. It has had a lot of good eshop games. Not having large internal storage was a pain, but I put up with it. When more gets announced about the NX my feelings could change but I am adopting a wait and see approach this time. The whole handheld hybrid thing is something that has it's pro's and con's. I'm not sure if the pro's outweigh the con's for me. Yet.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

You say you prefer playing games on the large screen, but I think most retro games are better IN 3D on the small screen. Here's why:

-old games are short with ugly pixelated graphics. Small screen tidies the graphics up. Shorter games suit playing on public transport like the train.

-the handheld only uses basic controls for arcade titles like double dragon, streets of rage, 2d mario etc

-you can fit dozens of them on tiny card. Home consoles should mostly be for BIG games that are double digit GB in size. Big screen needs more detailed visual to fill up the screen. That's why I think it was ridiculous for them not to at least make SNES and GBA titles release simultaneously on wii u eshop and the 3DS eshop together.

You lose nothing by me having the freedom to play stuff like Final Fight 3 or Yoshi's Island or Super Punch Out! on the little screen in 3d while you play your wii u version of the same game on the big screen. I think like region coding nintendo needs to be called out on its bullshit.

Love the games they make but they should have stuff like Phantasy Star Zero from the NDS on Wii U eshop, while on the 3DS they have all the old SNES and GBA 2D classics. It's common sense.

DS and Wii and GC games go to the big tv. (wii u eshop)
GBA and SNES to the little screen. (3DS eshop -preferably with 3D effects added to make these different from existing wii u releases)

But nintendo wants to be weird. Small games that use up tiny memory with low res graphics should go to 3DS, while the larger ones which need more resources should go on the wii u where people are more likely to have TB worth of disk space to fill up. urgh nevermind they'll just do thier own thing..
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
The Adza
PSN ID: The_Adza

Post by The Adza »

The GBA games on the Wii U make no sense. They look terrible. Such a bad choice having GBA games on the Wii U instead of 3DS. The whole VC concept needs re-imagining too.
klee123

Post by klee123 »

Day 1 for me too.

As long as Monolith keeps on making Xeno games, I'll keep on getting Nintendo systems.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I want to see a new Golden Sun. Hell, even if they remaster the original games for TV release, I'll be happy. Those games are the only reason I bought a GBA!