Official Nintendo Switch thread: Rocco free zone.

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Official Nintendo Switch thread: Rocco free zone.

Post by Candy Arse »

I'm in for day 1, who else is ready to plunk down money on a Nintendo console just because? Sign me up.

http://dualpixels.com/2016/02/27/rumor- ... x-console/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The source, Geno, that told you Nintendo would release a Pokémon game that utilized a full 3D engine (turned out to be Pokémon X and Y), told you there would be a new type of Pokémon in new said Pokémon game (Fairy), older Pokémon would get new abilities and forms (Mewtwo), told you the PS4 would be capable of producing modern day graphics on a DX11 level “like Unreal Engine 4 and Frostbite 2 (Unreal 4 demoed during PS4 release), told you Microsoft would introduce an omni projection unit that would let game environments to be projected in a near 360-degree fashion around the user (Ilumiroom), and many more way before there were announced is back to tell the Dual Pixels readership information you crave before it’s announced.

Below you will find our source, Geno, disclosing a large sum of information pertaining to the new Nintendo console, dubbed Project NX, and whats to come after this information dump. All the information below is directly quoted from Geno.

ENJOY.

Details about Nintendo Project NX

I don’t have many details on the device itself but I do have some background for it and some PR techniques they will use for it. A thing to note about this device is that much of it’s production was started in 2014 and many of the stuff I list here was outlined by the late Satoru Iwata before his passing. Hence in the company, the NX is considered the last project of their late president. Employees since his passing utter a phrase at the end of meetings and during idea brainstorms which is “岩田のために!” which roughly translates “For Iwata!”

The importance of this is that this “new” Nintendo is highly motivated in delivering a fantastic system and games, something that I quote from an employee “have not seen this much forward momentum on a project since they launched the original Famicom”.

SOME OF THE ONLY FEW HARDWARE INFO I KNOW IS THAT ALLEGEDLY:

It has a wireless HDMI dongle that attaches flush to the back of the device. A user can pull it out and insert it into any display with a normal sized HDMI output and the devices uses an evolved version of the Wii U’s streaming tech to display in HD to the TV screen.

Allegedly the analog controls for movement has small motors in them for full haptic feedback. Meaning if you control a character and hit a wall, the sticks move away from the direction of that wall to simulate running head first into it. This can also be used for jerking when firing a gun, taking damage, moving over rough terrain, ect.

It can literally Bluetooth synch with everything, especially smart phone and tablets to the point where one feature is that it can answer phone calls and display text messages from your phone onto the screens itself so you don’t have to stop and answer your smart device.

The closest in terms of “power” it gets to is the Xbox One, but an app idea is Wii U x50 and Playstation Vita x100. The key is that all the tech is exactly the same hardware layout as the PS4 and Xbox One which then combine it with the OS’s strong emulation functions and compiler means that any game that can run of a Playstation 4 or Xbox One can easily run on the NX with near-zero modification to the original source code, especially if it runs in Android OS or Unreal Engine 4. This is allegedly why Nintendo has given out the dev kits so late, as one 3rd Party dev put it “It’s the easiest device we’ve ever developed for. You just take your code, compile it and it works.”

Look to Pokemon GO to get the idea of the type of social features that will be in NX that will take multiplayer, AR and the StreetPass concept to a whole new level.

The real strengths of the device is its usability and ease of use. Developers have described to me more than once that it visually and functionally looks as if “Samsung and the Nintendo 2DS” had a baby, in that it looks friendly but unlike what most people visualize a Nintendo device to typically look. The operating system, named NintendOS alone is very powerful and has so many modern features of mobile operating systems today that Nintendo is trying to be very careful in showing it off for fear that it would be mistaken as running Android. It also has a very strong networking functions as it ties into multiple devices and services allowing a very competent and pervasive eco-system designed to constantly involve the consumer’s lives.
Last edited by Candy Arse on 25 Apr 2018 07:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Re: The Official Nintendo NX Thread

Post by Cletus »

Sounds interesting. I'll wait for the fire sales two or three months after launch. :up:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

XBONE levels of power is very disappointing but I guess it's to be expected. They haven't pushed that side of things things the GAMECUBE NINTENDO.

Looking forward to the reveal either way.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

This actually sounds very cool. This is the first time I've felt 'hyped' for it. Can't wait until the reveal. I hope it has a strong launch lineup.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I'm surprised rocco hasn't been pimping the shit out of this.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

He's probably waiting till a price is announced so he can work out how many times he needs to wash the dishes for his mum.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I want to see what the controller is like. Nintendo have had shit controllers since the Wii. Bring back the traditional controller and I'd be interested
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

this is the best OFFICIAL NINTENDO THREAD ever.

That rumour actually has me more hyped than anything Jasper has posted about the NX, ever.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Speculation on launch games?

Zelda
Some shitty mini-game collection
New Super Mario Bros 3
Minecraft
Ubisoft and EA game and they never release any more
Metroid in my dreams
DKC?
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

I just want my old Nintendo back. No more controller gimmicks and a console that's not a generation behind. I finally want a new Zelda that doesn't look dated. Hopefully they can give us an online service that isn't so gimped, I really don't think Nintendo gets it
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

all of Nintendo's consoles have had controller gimmicks:

NES: First controller without a joystick
SNES: Shoulder buttons
N64: weird-arsed three pronged shit.
NGC: Funky clicky triggers
Wii: Waggle
WiiU: lame-arsed tablet

...in fact, their only "normal" gaming device controllers have been their handhelds.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Good point, when you think about it they've had a "gimmick" with each controller, obviously to varying levels of success.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

N64 was the analogue joystick...
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

GreyWizzard wrote:N64 was the analogue joystick...
unfnknblvbl wrote:N64: weird-arsed three pronged shit.
;)
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

GreyWizzard wrote:N64 was the analogue joystick...
That was far from a gimmick Grey. :o
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I love the way Jasper just keeps deleting and re-adding the last post in his fake NX thread just to bump it to the top of the forum.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

unfnknblvbl wrote:all of Nintendo's consoles have had controller gimmicks:

...in fact, their only "normal" gaming device controllers have been their handhelds.
I would say most of them are not gimmicks, majority of them are still standard in today's controllers. The last 2 have been gimmicks where the console was built around and was their main selling point and will be/where discarded the following gen. Gimmicks come and go....innovations become standard
Last edited by guttermouth on 29 Feb 2016 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/ ... up-Pokemon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The new console from Nintendo is still shrouded in mystery and although it has apparently been demoed at at least one expo, the Japanese games giant continues to play things close to its chest.

New information on the device has surfaced this month, predicting that it will indeed be launched in 2016 with the new Zelda game.

The new details come from “an internal US marketing budget” which concludes that both the new Zelda title, which will also launch on Wii U, and NX console will arrive in holiday 2016.

Similar reports have predicted other dates in the past but this one also included information connected to the newly announced Pokemon Sun and Moon game before its official announcement, giving it a more substantiated feel.

The codename given for the new title was provided in the recent report as “Niji”, this was recently spotted as a logo file name on the official Pokemon website.

It has since been changed to "sun-moon-11-en" leading some to believe that more should be made of the earlier details revealed by the same source.

This doesn’t confirm the Nintendo NX rumour but does put it together with other information that looks to have been proved correct.

Other reports this week suggest the NX will benefit from a revitalised partnership with games publisher EA.

According to a new source, EA are eager to work with Nintendo on the NX, having already been supplied with a dev kit and being one of the first outside publisher to receive one.

It claims a meeting has been set for next month to flesh out what is to come from the new console and how Nintendo plan to win back the support of Video Game fans whose main focus is sports titles.

E3 looks set to be the place where fans will finally learn some concrete facts about the Nintendo NX and hopefully more on the official launch lineup.

A new analyst report has warned that the Nintendo NX release date set for 2016 would prove a challenging market with the planned launch of VR headsets.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

guttermouth wrote:
unfnknblvbl wrote:all of Nintendo's consoles have had controller gimmicks:

I would say most of them are not gimmicks, majority of them are still standard in today's controllers.
Oh, I would agree, but at the time they were definitely viewed as gimmicks.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

They all brought something new to the table.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

That, they did. Let's not forget that Sega brought analogue triggers to the party, though! And gave us the almighty 6-button Megadrive pad. Still one of the finest controllers ever made.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I would say it was a steady evolution of the controller starting with the NES game pad culminating in the perfection that are the PS4 and Xbox 360 controllers. Nintendo was a part of this evolution until the GameCube where they wilfully went into gimmick territory with the Wii controller. If Nintendo nail the controller I would seriously consider getting another Nintendo console.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

We can really only say that with hindsight. Each of Nintendo's 'revolutions' (the the possible exception of the SNES controller) was decried as gimmicky and unlikely to catch on in its day. It may seem obvious to us now, but early critics slammed the NES for not having a joystick. Even the SMS came with a screw-in joystick to start with. The analogue stick on the N64 wasn't new (even the Vectrex had that, and the N64 came out at roughly the same time as the Saturn 3D pad anyway), but having the trident thing was certainly a gimmick. Those strange buttons at the end of the GC's trigger throw was pretty gimmicky, too. Nifty, but extremely limited in use.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

What's the NX launch wishlist?