Official Nintendo Switch thread: Rocco free zone.

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

K.T.Shoe[BMs]
Still a rookie
XBL ID: MrSlow88
PSN ID: MrSlow88

Re: The Official Nintendo Switch Thread

Post by K.T.Shoe[BMs] »

I just started reading on the Nintendo Switch, and my first reaction is... "I think Nintendo is f**K!"

Seriously, I know that they are trying to be innovative and all, but haven't they learnt from the Wii U?!? Like others have already said above, who are targeting this at?!

One thing Nintendo is forgetting, is that they need to keep the bloody thing simple, and just keep pumping out good fun games. I'm sick and tired of the gimmicky stuff from Nintendo. :down:
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I'll probably be getting it. Just being able to leave the dock at home and take the mobile to work is huge. The 720p screen (is that right?) is absolute balls but playing the next Zelda is enough to entice me now.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

Day one for me. I"lol just take all of my wii u hardware, software down to eb and trade it.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Candy Arse wrote:

In an introductory video released today (http://www.nintendo.com/switch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), Nintendo provided the first glimpse of its new home gaming system and revealed that it is called Nintendo Switch. In addition to providing single and multiplayer thrills at home, the Nintendo Switch system also enables gamers to play the same title wherever, whenever and with whomever they choose. The mobility of a handheld is now added to the power of a home gaming system to enable unprecedented new video game play styles.

At home, Nintendo Switch rests in the Nintendo Switch Dock that connects the system to the TV and lets you play with family and friends in the comfort of your living room. By simply lifting Nintendo Switch from the dock, the system will instantly transition to portable mode, and the same great gaming experience that was being enjoyed at home now travels with you. The portability of Nintendo Switch is enhanced by its bright high-definition display. It brings the full home gaming system experience with you to the park, on an airplane, in a car, or to a friend’s apartment.

Gaming springs into action by removing detachable Joy-Con controllers from either side of Nintendo Switch. One player can use a Joy-Con controller in each hand; two players can each take one; or multiple Joy-Con can be employed by numerous people for a variety of gameplay options. They can easily click back into place or be slipped into a Joy-Con Grip accessory, mirroring a more traditional controller. Or, if preferred, the gamer can select an optional Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to use instead of the Joy-Con controllers. Furthermore, it is possible for numerous people to bring their Nintendo Switch systems together to enjoy local multiplayer face-to-face competition.

“Nintendo Switch allows gamers the freedom to play however they like,” said Reggie Fils-Aime, President and COO, Nintendo of America. “It gives game developers new abilities to bring their creative visions to life by opening up the concept of gaming without boundaries.”

Developers can design their games supporting a variety of play styles, which gives gamers the freedom to choose an experience that best suits them.

Today’s video incorporated short glimpses of representative gameplay to demonstrate the liberating nature of the Nintendo Switch home gaming system. Full game demonstrations, the list of launch window titles, as well as launch date, price, product configuration and related specifics, will be shown and announced prior to the March launch.
Awesome! Please discuss.
Excellent post. Well compiled. Very informative.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

....but ive already said the Vita will be my last handheld........hmmmm.

however this one let's you pick up cute blondes at the airport and attend cool roof top parties so....
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

K.T.Shoe[BMs] wrote:I just started reading on the Nintendo Switch, and my first reaction is... "I think Nintendo is f**K!"

Seriously, I know that they are trying to be innovative and all, but haven't they learnt from the Wii U?!? Like others have already said above, who are targeting this at?!

One thing Nintendo is forgetting, is that they need to keep the bloody thing simple, and just keep pumping out good fun games. I'm sick and tired of the gimmicky stuff from Nintendo. :down:
The Switch actually looks simple. It's just a tablet with controls snapped to its edges. That means nintendo can design new controls tailored to each game. Modular design is clever imo
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Lepo5 wrote:....but ive already said the Vita will be my last handheld........hmmmm.

however this one let's you pick up cute blondes at the airport and attend cool roof top parties so....
No playing on the bus though.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Gives me motion sickness anyway so no loss.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

K.T.Shoe[BMs] wrote: One thing Nintendo is forgetting, is that they need to keep the bloody thing simple, and just keep pumping out good fun games. I'm sick and tired of the gimmicky stuff from Nintendo. :down:
They've always been about gimmicks, just some stick and some don't. Rumble packs, memory cards in controllers, Virtual Boy, waggle. They even started dual screen gaming 34 years ago ffs. Also, did you know Robotron on the NES supported dual gamepads for single player much like the Switch does?

I think the Switch idea is awesome, just the battery life sounds a bit disappointing.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Gimmicks don't have to be complex either: the gyro thing works fine as a fine aiming feature for shooting. It's just that gimmicks are marketed as the reason to buy the system by the manufacturers rather than how the gimmick enhances existing traditional games. To me the most gimmicky thing about 3DS was the 3D not the waggle inside it. I like the motion sensing in games like Gravity Rush and Splatoon being used as a quicklook feature to to finely tune your aim from long distance on small targets.

The gimmicks have to be implemented well.

Example of bad implementation:

-Using Waggle to do a move in Donkey Kong Country Retuns where pushing a button was better.

-Throwing grenades in Metal Slug Anthology though waggle.

-sword swinging in Zelda TP on wii (way too tiresome and no adveantages since the game was never designed around the gimmick

This was the stuff that turned off core gamers because it was FORCED upon us when it is worse than usual methods of control.

example of good implementation:

-firing guns in Resident Evil 4 using the pointer. (superior accuracy allowing for easy headshots)

You can have gimmicks and they can be simple. Just make sure you design the games around the gimmick (example the steering in Mario Kart using Gyro) properly, and/or make sure it is truly performance enhancing stuff. (ie aiming better as a result of the gimmick) And always, if possible give us the option to play with traditional controls like in Resident Evil 4 Wii edition so that if we prefer classic controls, the game can retain the original game's feel and balance. (some people might not WANT to be a badarse action hero who never misses a shot in a survival horror game where the tone is meant to be dark and you are supposed to feel vulnerable...as this may ruin the experience for some and make the game too easy)
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

t0mby wrote:
K.T.Shoe[BMs] wrote: One thing Nintendo is forgetting, is that they need to keep the bloody thing simple, and just keep pumping out good fun games. I'm sick and tired of the gimmicky stuff from Nintendo. :down:
They've always been about gimmicks, just some stick and some don't. Rumble packs, memory cards in controllers, Virtual Boy, waggle. They even started dual screen gaming 34 years ago ffs. Also, did you know Robotron on the NES supported dual gamepads for single player much like the Switch does?

I think the Switch idea is awesome, just the battery life sounds a bit disappointing.
Releasing a tablet is the height of innovation, 6 years ago.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

It might not be a tablet. Nintendo didn't confirm if the screen was a touchscreen. Could be just a screen making it closer to a giant Atari Lynx.

Bethesda is the one trying to be innovative by going back to the 80s when it took months to know if a game was shit:
not nintendo.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

My body is ready. Lets go!
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

This is hilarious. The constant clicking of fingers, the presentation cheeseness is off the charts. 1,2 Switch. Lols.
Last edited by flipswitch on 13 Jan 2017 03:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Ohhhh no........1 2 3 switch.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

ARMS! I thought he said ARSE. Nintendo online will be a paid subscription.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

Wow.... that was very ordinary. Considering Nintendo haven't released practically nothing over the last few years.....i was expecting a ton of titles...
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Zelda at launch, and Mario at Christmas will keep Nintentards happy for at least 5 years.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by guttermouth »

Yep....sounds like the last 2 gens...
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

AC adaptor was it for me.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Mario looks awesome but this is too expensive
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Good showing.

Xenoblade 2, Zelda, Skyrim bus edition has me peeing my pants.

I suppose the rest of the games will be shown on the treehouse thing where we learn more indepth about games and can have some comentary by people who have touched the thing and not bullshit rumour stuff that is being posted on youtube by desperate nerds who are trying to make money off disinfo and possibly paid by MS and Sony to make everyone save up for Scorpio or PS5.

The screen is a touchscreen, and the joycons are waggle controls which is good news for those who miss that stuff. Overall very clever design to the controls.

They still resemble traditional ones but can be used for older games that used motion sensing to play. EG if they ever do a Skyward Sword HD Remaster in future, the game will be set up to work with these little guys?

As I said in the other thread the third parties should look into porting older 360 games like Dragon Age Dragon Dogma to pad the library and see if they can milk the portable nature of the machine. (I can see lot of people wanting to revisit the classic games from the past again in miniture form much like how we got ports of Zelda OOT and Majora's Mask on 3DS with enhancements.

Splatoon 2 will be interesting as their main multishooter. I wonder if they ever plan to make a fulll blown single player Splatoon campaign that is like the Switch's equivalent of "GoldenEye".

Boxing game looks pretty cool but as we all know fat people hate waving their arms around so they will get tired after 10 mins.
What I'd like to see is Sega reboot the Virtual On arcade series on the Switch using joycons as the twin sticks to control the mechs.

Doesn't look like we see any violent bro shooters on switch. As I said before you got to balance the library so hopefully nintendo finds a way to get platinum to cover that base. (maybe pay them to port Vanquish on Switch and then do a sequel like Bayonetta? they need money) If not Vanquish how about get sega to do a sequel to Binary Domain?

Hmmmm no sign of Monster Hunter. It would be stupid if the next one didn't have a switch release.
And sega? Are you going to port phantasy Star Online 2 to switch and bring the game to consoles for western fans or you just going to ignore your fans as usual? Sonic is not the only thing people care about.

If this fails nintendo will have to merge with sony and admit they were wrong about not partnering with sony for the playstation back in the days when the SNES CD was going to be PS1. If these two giants merged, I think MS would be doomed.
I still can't believe Skyrim is on a nintendo console... lol

https://www.engadget.com/2015/11/06/nin ... -it-works/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The age-old debate is over ok? Cartridges are superior to CDs. :P
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

That was very disappointing.
I'll still be there on day one for Zelda, but I don't hold out much hope for this thing to catch on and be successful at all.

Paid online? On a Nintendo console? To play Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart? It better not cost much.
And that Australian price? + Zelda + Pro Controller = $600 or more.

And shit battery life. 2 hours? I won't be playing that on the train then.
klee123

Post by klee123 »

469 is a rip.

I've gone from day 1 to day a few years down the track.

Guess I'll be enjoying pleb Zelda on Wii U.