Official Nintendo Switch thread: Rocco free zone.

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Re: The Official Nintendo Switch Thread

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

guttermouth wrote:https://youtu.be/9yFON2UON3k

DF....."Wii U owners aren't being short changed at all"
Watched the video. 900p vs 720p the only difference, both versions drop to 20FPS in different areas (I liked the bit where he was running through grass and the Wii U maintained a solid 30FPS and the Switch dropped to 20 what the fuck? :run: ) unless you run the Switch version in portable mode ... Which is at 720p anyway :lol:

With the Switch Nintendo have conceded the home console market and have adopted Sony's wildly popular handheld strategy of shoehorning console ports onto a handheld :rollin:
We're going to be comparing the docked Switch experience to Wii U here, but before we do that, let's be clear - as we revealed yesterday, the handheld 720p Switch implementation offers up a smoother experience than the same code running in docked mode. For those looking for the smoothest possible experience, that's the way to go.
I'll wait until the Switch is the same price as a 3DS before jumping on board with a new handheld :up:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Have found my first real dungeon in this game, one of the divine beasts.

This game is spectacular.
Ambrose Burnside
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

It's a great game for sure. Have barely started it but it's great. Spending today (Labour Day long weekend in WA, unsure about rest of country) rearranging the home theatre so once that's finished hopefully I can get back into it :up:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

We now have the exact times that the Splatoon 2 MULTIPLAYER global testfire demo will be available... :up:

These are the AEDT times.

Saturday March 25th:
6:am – 6:59am
2:pm – 2:59pm
10:pm – 10:59pm

Sunday March 26th:
6:am – 6:59am
2:pm – 2:59pm
10:pm – 10:59pm

Additionally, the top 150 players on the leaderboard at 11pm 26/3/17 will be asked to attend a smaller testfire demo, allowing players to experience several surprise elements not featured in the global testfire demo!
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Tried a copy of Just Dance for Switch, tastes just like pingers.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

More pingas less mingas.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

Not interested in switch it anything, but noticed the accessories in EB today... Seems kind of expensive!
The controller for example is $100, and the little snap on controllers are $70 each or $120 for a pair.
Do they do something other controllers don't?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Yes, they disconnect and are at risk of being recalled by Nintendo.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

The feedback is supposed to be more HD whatever this means. More realism.

I wonder if Skyim will make use of the waggle? I didn't get the kinect version last gen.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

So keeping this official thread for legitimate Switch gaming discussion -

Does anyone else find the level aesthetic in Mario Odyssey to be totally uneven?

Some of the worlds look fantastic. Others? Downright ugly to my eyes.

Overall I'm loving the game...not as much as Mario 3D World but it's a hell of a lot better than Sunshine.
Yoshi Sonic

The Official Nintendo Switch Thread

Post by Yoshi Sonic »

I didn't really like the food world level. I thought that was a bit bland.
klee123

Post by klee123 »

Just traded in 4 games into Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Will be a Switch owner later this month!
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Lore dump!

Official website for Xenoblade 2 is up (get all the lore you need before release)
https://xenobladechronicles2.nintendo.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Resetera discussion thread:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/xenobl ... ters.3772/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The world is very interesting. Portable JRPGOTY? (YS VIII being close second for its butter smooth lightning quick combat)
I always think of the creature from the Never-ending Story (fantasy movie from the 1980s) when I see that titan on the cover.

Introduction to all the races/nations/kingdoms:
Looks to have ditched the Avatar style look of the previous game in favour of a more cartoony/anime look with emphasis on story again.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Sonic forces.

Half the framerate, half the detail. :sick:
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

lestat wrote:Image
Sonic forces.

Half the framerate, half the detail. :sick:
Fuck, if that's half the frames and less detail imagine how it looks in handheld mode! :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Hype building up for the spiritual sucessor to Skies of Arcadia! :P
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

When will you buy a switch, GameHED?
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

When i finish zelda botw.

I never buy consoles on launch. I always wait until after the first wave / gen of titles is done. Not even when Dreamcast came out. All the greatest games come out right at the tail end of a machines life. But I might buy a pc one day if Star Citizen turns out to be the Game of the Century and not vaporware. Those pc things suck compared to consoles. Unlike Candy I prefer not playing games that let me cheat in them. Would rather buy amiibos to unlock hard mode in samus returns.(not that I will because it is anti-consumer imo)

Also won't be buying Xbox One X until I see a game that is built to be its killer app. I think the next RDR or Elder Scrolls. I am happy for those that got one but I prefer playing wait and see. (will still get it even if it flops like I did with PS Vita which I love)

Are you guys going to buy a PS5 if sony decides to end this gen early to prevent MS having the 'most powerful console on the market' title? This will be very bad for me personally because I upgraded to a PS4 Pro instead of getting a switch. I don't want this gen to end early. I think it needs to last longer and MS will probably leave the console biz if sony give them a killing blow, making console scene less interesting as one manufacturer dominates like nintendo in the 80s before Sega came along. You don't want that. What makes prices competitive is the free market when consumers have choices and shit to keep things in balance. If MS didn't fuck up this gen early they would be 50/50 market share with sony imo
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

OK so we'll keep this thread for actual gaming discussion, and Jasper's pile of shit for worthless trolling and unrelated arguing.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - this game is really, really good. At this stage I still prefer the setting and aesthetic of Chronicles X, however.
flipswitch
que
que

The Official Nintendo Switch Thread

Post by flipswitch »

Up to chapter 3. Love how quick fast travel is, takes just a few seconds. Music is great ended up getting the soundtrack on my phone. Playing mostly portable. I’d say 80% portable 20% docked. What a year of great games.

And I’m completely new to the series, getting to grips with the combat, done my first combo attack. Just waiting for a patch to fix up some of the visuals.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Highlights -

The World Ends With You remake
A new Mario Tennis
DKC Tropical Freeze for Switch

Other than that just lame DLC, old games being ported over and an SNK fighting game clearly for babies or the Nintendo fans who refuse to marry a real human woman and are holding out to marry Athena from KOF :lol:
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Dark Souls remastered. Finally From software got off thier butt to release something.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Candy Arse wrote:
Other than that just lame DLC, old games being ported over and an SNK fighting game clearly for babies or the Nintendo fans who refuse to marry a real human woman and are holding out to marry Athena from KOF :lol:
I'm not sure what to make of that snk game, clearly directed to the market you describe, if they brought a real KOF game to switch, I'd be there day 1 with bells on. :)
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

The thing about japan is they came out of a system of arranged marriages. Now they rebelled and don't want to marry period. I don't blame them because we live in a gynocentric society. And japan is going to be what the west is like in the future. A lot of the mainstream media is trying to downplay the danger of population reduction due to people being more narcisstic these days thanks to apps like tinder which let a woman get access to hundreds of different guys at a moments notice and order cock like ordering a pizza. Technology has made people evil and until people realise this, you won't see a reverse. Women only want to the top 20 percent of guys and ignore the bottom 80%. The problem is women no longer feel shame for being a slut and slut-shaming is seen as wrong in today's fucked up society. What slut-shaming did was remind women that by sleeping around you are killing a family and the relationship you had but many pop songs today glorify being sluts.

Anyway I will get back at the illuminati some way. They cannot go on forever. To destroy evil villains you must first identify and then kill the influence they have on society but many do not want to wake up. They like being in the matrix. That's why all the best rappers end up getting killed because they fear them. The truth is the weapon these guys use and you can't have little kids waking up to the illusion the wizards have cast on the zombie hordes if you wish to change the culture can you? So the illuminati try to get a monopoly on entertainment and then use entertainment as a propaganda tool to influence the youth to do self-destructive things which harms society.

If I were otaku with obsession over cartoon girls I would invent perfect robot replicant (see the movie Cherry 2000) and try to get them to look just like the girl I love and marry that instead. At least a robot doesn't have STD and can't cheat on you and you can turn it off if it nags you and starts gaslighting you and shit-testing. Men have lost any incentive to work hard now that society has morally decayed. The reason men went to the moon, invented shit, and achieved things was to impress girls. Now that the girls have the thing they wish there is nothing left to do but to play games and hope for something better than women in the same way machines have removed men's need to have big muscles to do labour. (even the skinny helicopter pilot in GTA5 can kick arse now and doesn't need any fighting experience. The reptilians would beat him down easily if he was real. They are supposed to be 7 feet tall or something accoprding to the abductees)

Related
mainstream media tries to portray awake individuals as evil racist nazis instead of addressing the real problem of gynocentric society:
^ Note the number of dislikes in the video? No wonder Donald Trump won and calls them the fake news.. LOL

Japanese videogames show Red Pill knowledge in them:
Thinking Ape one of the early MGTOW guys highlights the problem of feminism and overuseage of manipulation techniques to get men to do what they want (IE you can't tell if women that cry are really suffering or just faking it anymore, making men not trust them by default and go MGTOW)
If people stop breeding the future will be akin to Lord of the Rings where orcs are mass produced in secret to then kill off the remaining weakhumans and make men extinct. That's what Satanist want. Japanese are like the elves IE as magic fades from middle earth they die off too.._american pop divas are a bad influence on world society imo
Turd Flinging monkey has done the research and says that when feminism was brought in and women had too many choices, that was when marriages started to decline and we started to see more lonely old hags living alone with a house full of cats. So yes we can blame feminists for this problem. And the government likes them a lot because women always vote for bigger government welfare prgrams giving a government worker a secure job. The government worker doesn't care about women's suffering but they DO care about having a bigger government and expanding the government's power over individuals as this allows them to justify thier reason for the job's existence so they will always buy the vote of the women/feminists and since women outnumber men, then men are ignored by politicians. Once you take the vote away from women, (unless they serve in war, or own property they shouldn't really vote imo) then you will see a massive rise in marriage again because women will be forced to rely on a man for income rather than getting a career or leeching from welfare handouts. For those women that don't want a man, they still have the right to work but not then claim they are discriminated against because a business doesn't hire them based on a quota. (most business knows that men are more productive and only forced to hire a woman out of fear of the government. Women always take more days off due to getting pregnant)

Nature is sexist: women having wombs means they have babies. Babies require attention. Attention spent on baby means less hours spent at work. Businesses need worker as often as possible to remain competitive in the workforce against other businesses who compete for the same money to ensure they keep productive level consistent. Men by default of not having babies = more productive worker than women. IE less need to have breaks. Women complaining about this is not going to change this fact. Men will just work LESS now (enter the ''Herbivore man'' who just plays videogames and earns only enough for himself but not a women and kids and is HAPPY) and earn less and be more selfish (only spending money on themselves) as a result of females trying to compete with them in the workforce and stealing thier jobs using the government as a weapon against men. Does it surprise you that people don't get married now that they must see their wife as a potential enemy? (like a james bond villain tricking them every minute of the day?)
Unless you are conservative or christian that obeys the lifestyle encouraged in the bible, (which is to avoid marriage if possible unless you can't help yourself and your dick tells you what to do more than your brain) I don't see a future for the women once the government collapses. (ie money runs out and welfare system collapses as seen in venezuela)
The solution is replace workers with robots and launch all baby boomers into space as they are the most selfish generation of the lot and didn't save up enough money to pay for their old age pensions and now want the young people to ''get married'' and be ''prodcutive members of society''even though they took drugs, rebelled against their parents, and took the advice of satanic rock musicians to ''do what thou wilt''. Fuck them. They need to hug satan and enjoy hell not drag us into their mess lol
Once the robots betray humans, that's it. Man goes the way of the dinos.
Last edited by GameHED on 12 Jan 2018 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

lestat wrote:
Candy Arse wrote:
I'm not sure what to make of that snk game, clearly directed to the market you describe, if they brought a real KOF game to switch, I'd be there day 1 with bells on. :)
Nothing to fear - serious fighting games don't come to Nintendo platforms as history has shown (Tatsunoko vs Capcom, USF2) that they flop every single time.

Switch is where you get baby or waggle fighting games, see Smash Bros, Pokken, ARMS, USF2 Waggle Edition and now this.

You already own platforms that real fighting games appear on ;)