Rumour about playstation 4.5

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Re: Rumour about playstation 4.5

Post by GameHED »

I think Candy arse believes the internet didn't exist before street fighter 2 on the snes.

Why he believes that is beyond me.

What I would like to know is his views on flat earth:
You got to understand that brainwashing is commonplace now with all this technology we have. For him to believe we never had the internet in the 90s opens up a lot of possibilities that wherever this guy went to school, he was told a lot of lies by whatever teachers he was taught by. I don't want speculation I want truth by people discovering the thing for themselves and telling others about their findings so they can find out themselves first hand.

The problem is too many people just repeat what they hear. It's not a good time for facts. This is games ranch. And when you make fun of Candy Arse by using his own words he gets pissed and destroys threads. Cletus and Candy are never going to police themselves. Post a pic with a girl with come on her face, suddenly that's offensive. But you complain that Candy Arse wrecks threads? No action taken. Even when he went into the nintendo thread and people left him alone he crashed it and ruined it. We were all talking about games then WHAM the troll tries to interrupt.

Don't concern yourself about it. Just put him on ignore. He is a reptilian and it can't be helped. Ok Candy Arse you win.
The internet didn't exist in the 90s. lol I never used the internet on BBS and Street Fighter 2 discussion and game discussion never took place on usenet like I linked on the shoryuken weblink in the "history" page. lol

I just want you guys to open your minds. Just because you wee not around in the time the internet was being used by college kids who went to arcades and talked about it on college campuses or at home, doesn't mean it simply didn't exist. What kind of logic is this? :? Did he have his memory wiped like C3P0 in star wars and forget what tech was available then?

When VR finally comes to console Sony has to get it right the first time. The upgraded machine will aid in the pushing of VR to the masses. It's like kinect 1.0 on the xbox 360. You had the option to not use it. And many games which were kinect specific required kinect right? So to play a kinect game you needed to buy the kinect sensor right? Did that mean that people who didn't buy kinect on xbox 360 were abandoned?? No.

So how is what sony doing any different to MS when they introduce this VR shit? They are not abandoning the old model users of ps4 who have no interest in VR. Just as MS didn't abandon 360 users when kinect was launched. So where is the problem??

You buy a upgraded ps4 and you get a more VR capable console. No different to memory expansion on the n64 right?

Why are you guys such shit at debates? You are paranoid over nothing. All the new model guys will get is smoother framerates and some cleaner graphics. It's not going to kill ps4 launch users any more than kinect-ready xbox360s killed launch model xbox 360 machines. They would be idiots to abandon that big a userbase. All that is happening is the quick introduction of VR for those that don't want to get sick playing games. The jerky framerate might kill the reputation of VR and scare the public into not using it.
Similar to the "3D on the 3DS is going to ruin your children's eyes" scare that happened when 3DS first came out. You don't want that.
An upgrade is welcome imo. because it will help smooth the framerate for the VR gimmick just like Wiimote+ helped make the sword fighting better in zelda games on the wii. (upgrade from wiimote at launch)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

How the shit did you segue from a hardware upgrade to a flat earth?

As a kid, did you ever break open thermometers and play with the shiny stuff inside?
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Ok ok let me explain what the hell is going on here:

I think Candy Arse............ is dead.

What we are talking to must be a synth.

He died about a month ago and the memories this guy who is claiming to be Candy were implanted into him. Remember when rocco said he was going to get revenge and went insane and we haven't seen him in ages? Did he kill candy arse?

Strap him to a chair, and do the test. I want you to ask him questions about his childhood before he owned a super nintendo. What does he remember exactly?

Ask him about stuff before the PS1 era of gaming. It was about the mid 90s when tekken came about but before this was street fighter 2 and we all had 16-bit machines then and playing the arcade version and talking about it on bullettin boards.

I starting noticing something weird when he said the internet didn't exist before gaming boards. They did. We were all around then using it to play arcade games and many people had pc back when modems were absolute shit.
How can he not know about alt.games.sf2 and other stuff that fans of SF games use?

Ask him something about Street Fighter 2 V TV series. (this would have been about the time when enough people used the internet because it was about 1996, not just colleges used boards. I was into daggerfall back then and downloading gameboy roms)

Ask him about the "derp eagle statue" in this anime tv series on street fighter 2. Did he remember anything about this? M.Bison got his powers from this religious artifact. (not featured in the games unfortunately)

Here is the steet Fighter 2 V tv anime series (this came out a long time ago and will help jog his memory of the 90s):
(last three eps - you can get the whole tv series on youtube - watch the entire thing)

Candy do you remember anything about the DERP eagle? (the artifact M.bison uses in SF to power his moves which was never featured in the games)
When did nelson mandela die?

The only other possibility is he came from an alternate plane of existence where the history was different. (ie mandela effect - this is a different version and the two planes intersected)

How can anyone not remember the 90s back when capcom was in its prime? (by the time of the ps1 they had been making us games like street fighter 3 and were already onto making street fighter alpha games)

Rocco is still roaming around out there plotting his revenge like the joker. You are all going to be replaced I reckon.. Cletus might already be one...
mandela effect explained:
some of you guys belong to a different world and invaded ours once yours got replaced. Candy check your memories and see if you have any false memories. Some might have been planted into your head by the reptilians.
Do you rmemeber street fighter 2 on the commodore 64 for example?:
Last edited by GameHED on 03 Apr 2016 07:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

You know, the simple answer would be that as far as Candy is concerned (and, I suspect, for most of us), the internet didn't really exist back when Street Fighter II came out. At least, not in a tangible sense. Very few people had access to it. If you managed to while away your days on alt.bdsm.whatever on your 9600 baud connection, then more power to you. The rest of us though, may have heard of the thing, but didn't have access to it just yet.

Candy, my money is on mercury poisoning. He is, after all, mad as a hatter.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Yes but candy actually said the internet itself didn't exist. Not that he didn't have access to it. That's a lot different to saying you were never using it back in the day. I say he is a synth. These were the people in fallout 4 who were being replaced with robot versions who would act weird because they didn't have perfect memory of events due to being only an approximation of the real person. Only when friends and relatives and close associates who knew the real person from their childhood saw them acting funny did people realise they were not humans but the replacement. This might explain why he bullshits about shit so much. From his perspective we are the synths but he didn't check himself by analysing which memories are fake with the real stuff.

Remember when I said that media is part of the governments form of brainwahing the masses?

You are seeing this in videogames too. For example in the Call of Duty Advanced Warfare games, they are showing how way into the future soldiers will use these powered suits to move around and stuff. But that stuff is old and here right now. They are conditioning us to believe stuff that is old is future tech that is way out of our reach to keep us down and make us progress more slowly for control reasons.

Same thing with transformers. You saw in the cartoon that chip chase is using the internet and to people today they think it is new but the military uses this all the time. We are made to believe that things like nuclear powered subs and stuff is bad for us and bad for the environment but do you idiots not realise that if you had nuclear power you wouldn't have to pay such expensive electricity bill? The government wants you to buy solar panels lol This is so you don't have enough power to run business and grow fast. They want to weaken the human race. And dumb us down.

We are being brainwashed. The world is flat. The moon is the same size as the sun. The maps are all fucked up to trick us into believing we are insignificant being so that we turn to materialism and keep the elites in power to "protect us from the unknown" by forming bigger and bigger military which is just there to stop us from seeing the Game of Thrones-like wall of ice that surrounds the borders of the world map. It would only empower the religious leaders and the freemasons don't want an organised state religion imposing control over everything. That's why all the effort to hide it imo. So they take control of schools, universities and media to brainwash us from an early age. Once you swallow the red pill you are not going back in so that is why they are desperate to form this one world government thing. It dovetails nicely with georgia guidestones which wishes the human population was much smaller. Why? because its easier to manage a smaller population. If it keeps growing we will explore more and more of the map and find "the wall". They don't want this so they control our energy, money, resources to prevent us from seeing what's out there just like the "Truman Show" movie.

I want Candy to take a boat and travel to the south all the way until he finds the wall of ice like Admiral Byrd and tell us what he finds. But he is too chickenshit. We are being brainwashed over generations and nobody wants to check if they are being bullshitted that is why they put this in movies. Perhaps it is soft disclosure method?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Aspergers 100%.

Flash poll - who in 1993 had access to the Internet as we know it and was a member of Games Ranch where they could voice their disapproval of the MegaDrive's 6-button pad?

If you answered yes, please state your position on Earth round vs flat.

Aspergers without question :lol:
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

GameHED wrote: I want Candy to take a boat and travel to the south all the way until he finds the wall of ice like Admiral Byrd and tell us what he finds. But he is too chickenshit.
The burden of proof is upon you. I think you're the one who needs to make the journey. Off you go. Bye.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I think legally his carer is only allowed to let him out of his room no more than twice a week.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Candy Arse wrote:Aspergers 100%.

Flash poll - who in 1993 had access to the Internet as we know it and was a member of Games Ranch where they could voice their disapproval of the MegaDrive's 6-button pad?

Loads of people had the internet. You assumed nobody had access to it which is bullshit. Street Fighter came out in the 90s and the BBS had game boards and title-specific boards. Yes the world wide web wasn't big in presence but people were chatting about games on those newsgroups all the time and trading strategies.

Much like feminists who want to censor sexuality out of gaming, you assume you are the centre of the universe and therefore we should all kow tow to your needs not what serves the majority of gamers out there paying money.
It's known as narcisistic personality disorder. You want the attention and don't realise you don't represent all of gamers.
You have this thing where if someone disagrees with your opinion you just assume they are not important because you identify with a specific group and the needs of that group outweigh the needs of the other groups which are just as important.

For instance you assume that guys who only play casually in fighting games are somehow not important even though it makes no business sense to cater to one group of people instead of two groups of people. You will try to come up with charts an graphs to show how the tiny community or club you care about is the model we must all follow. But this is not realistic since time is the limiting factor in all online gaming. (if you say play a subscription mmo, you are not going to spending time playing another subscription mmo due to your time being invested in the first one. Time is the resource)

Why should capcom have to choose between online gamers and couch co-op ones? (or single player CPU guys with no friends who just want to play story mode?)

This is a sign of narcissism. You basically don't give a crap about millions of people out there who paid money for a game that want ALL modes because you think because you have no interest in solo campaign, then that must mean all of us follow you. You are the centre of attention and we don't exist.
If you had it your way you would eliminate games that let you go offline whenever you want. This is the blizzard activision model where "always online" is the future. Not everyone likes that. Sorry buddy but the universe belongs to everyone. Not you megatron. :evil:

this is a common problem I see with a lot of pc elitists in general too. Yes you have the better graphics but casuals don't have high enough resolution on their loungeroom tv to take advantage of high res textures and all the other stuff. Much like you not having internet in 1992, not everyone has the 4k tv to enjoy high fidelity graphics. Think of the millions of people that don't play on pc? We are far more important since we outnumber you guys and businesses have to structure the game around the userbase of the low tech platforms.

That's why witcher 3 preview looks better than the final version. They knew they were doomed if they didn't cater to the low tech platform. Look I'm not saying you have to like it but recognise that not everyone cares about visuals alone.

Look at all those FROM software games. They are not treasured for cutting edge tech but people buy it for the interesting gameplay and world. Who cares about pc tards? Same attitude you pc elitists have for others. "who gives a shit about console gamers?" Well I care about all platforms. You are just not unbiased. You are pc fanboy and "always online" fanboy.. Gaming won't progress if business can't make money due to only catering to the yuppie. Just accept it and stop arguing about this topic. We all own pc and we all play online games. But it pales in comparison to couch multi and we want ALL MODES in our games. And you'll get shit marks in reviews if you make us pay full price up front for unfinished work. And the majority of the internet agrees with me. We would rather just wait and get full release than to be told to pay upfront and get the rest later. It's rude ok? It makes the company seems desperate like they can't wait to get money and not worry about quality.
You don't give nintendo money for mario kart expansions upfront. You just pay for the expansion when it is ready to go. Nobody got angry that new tracks were being done because the vanilla edition had $100 worth of content out of the box on release. see the difference?

I'm trying to train you how to not screw up. The company image is important. And capcom should be getting way more sales than namco since Street Fighter is a more established franchise. Yo got to care about others not just your clique. If you aim for that group without looking at the wider audience, all you will make happy is the comic book guy in the simpsons. But then you excludes millions of normal people. And this is your problem. You are narrow minded.

I think the earth might be flat (we don't know if those images of the sun are fakes) but if you don't check for yourself, how are you going to know for sure? NASA is full of shit. Why are there no real images of earth from space? We got to ask ourselves what all the secrecy is for. Are they lying? And why are they so into the occult? The answer is because the nazis control the space program.
Stone chopper song tells all:
Perhaps they broke the dome/barrier/firmament already and are already taking over heaven like the demons in Far Cry 4? Could this be what CERN is for? (ie it's a weapon to try to kill God) You should investigate this crap instead of wasting money on pc upgrade and pretending to be the supermutant character in fallout 4 that believes he is superior to everything and dream about killing everyone. Ain't gonna happen. We have the brains. Console can never die. Now that many pc franchises are coming to consoles, I can sense fear in your posts that dread the day when you may have to throw out your pc because companies can't make enough thanks to how easy it is for pirates to get things free. As we speak you are probably downloading Wii U roms. At some point nintendo then has to give away all its games like steam does and make tiny fraction of the profit they used to make thanks to you guys. Retail will die and then what will follow is high prices on digital stores that stay high because there is no physical editions. You would love that because it takes away consumer freedoms. (ie like ability to own the game and sell on the second hand market)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

GameHED wrote:
Candy Arse wrote:Aspergers 100%.

Loads of people had the internet. You assumed nobody had access to it which is bullshit. Street Fighter came out in the 90s and the BBS had game boards and title-specific boards. Yes the world wide web wasn't big in presence but people were chatting about games on those newsgroups all the time and trading strategies.

Much like feminists who want to censor sexuality out of gaming, you assume you are the centre of the universe and therefore we should all kow tow to your needs not what serves the majority of gamers out there paying money.
It's known as narcisistic personality disorder. You want the attention and don't realise you don't represent all of gamers.
You have this thing where if someone disagrees with your opinion you just assume they are not important because you identify with a specific group and the needs of that group outweigh the needs of the other groups which are just as important.

For instance you assume that guys who only play casually in fighting games are somehow not important even though it makes no business sense to cater to one group of people instead of two groups of people. You will try to come up with charts an graphs to show how the tiny community or club you care about is the model we must all follow. But this is not realistic since time is the limiting factor in all online gaming. (if you say play a subscription mmo, you are not going to spending time playing another subscription mmo due to your time being invested in the first one. Time is the resource)

Why should capcom have to choose between online gamers and couch co-op ones? (or single player CPU guys with no friends who just want to play story mode?)

This is a sign of narcissism. You basically don't give a crap about millions of people out there who paid money for a game that want ALL modes because you think because you have no interest in solo campaign, then that must mean all of us follow you. You are the centre of attention and we don't exist.
If you had it your way you would eliminate games that let you go offline whenever you want. This is the blizzard activision model where "always online" is the future. Not everyone likes that. Sorry buddy but the universe belongs to everyone. Not you megatron. :evil:

this is a common problem I see with a lot of pc elitists in general too. Yes you have the better graphics but casuals don't have high enough resolution on their loungeroom tv to take advantage of high res textures and all the other stuff. Much like you not having internet in 1992, not everyone has the 4k tv to enjoy high fidelity graphics. Think of the millions of people that don't play on pc? We are far more important since we outnumber you guys and businesses have to structure the game around the userbase of the low tech platforms.

That's why witcher 3 preview looks better than the final version. They knew they were doomed if they didn't cater to the low tech platform. Look I'm not saying you have to like it but recognise that not everyone cares about visuals alone.

Look at all those FROM software games. They are not treasured for cutting edge tech but people buy it for the interesting gameplay and world. Who cares about pc tards? Same attitude you pc elitists have for others. "who gives a shit about console gamers?" Well I care about all platforms. You are just not unbiased. You are pc fanboy and "always online" fanboy.. Gaming won't progress if business can't make money due to only catering to the yuppie. Just accept it and stop arguing about this topic. We all own pc and we all play online games. But it pales in comparison to couch multi and we want ALL MODES in our games. And you'll get shit marks in reviews if you make us pay full price up front for unfinished work. And the majority of the internet agrees with me. We would rather just wait and get full release than to be told to pay upfront and get the rest later. It's rude ok? It makes the company seems desperate like they can't wait to get money and not worry about quality.
You don't give nintendo money for mario kart expansions upfront. You just pay for the expansion when it is ready to go. Nobody got angry that new tracks were being done because the vanilla edition had $100 worth of content out of the box on release. see the difference?

I'm trying to train you how to not screw up. The company image is important. And capcom should be getting way more sales than namco since Street Fighter is a more established franchise. Yo got to care about others not just your clique. If you aim for that group without looking at the wider audience, all you will make happy is the comic book guy in the simpsons. But then you excludes millions of normal people. And this is your problem. You are narrow minded.

I think the earth might be flat (we don't know if those images of the sun are fakes) but if you don't check for yourself, how are you going to know for sure? NASA is full of shit. Why are there no real images of earth from space? We got to ask ourselves what all the secrecy is for. Are they lying? And why are they so into the occult? The answer is because the nazis control the space program.
Stone chopper song tells all:
Perhaps they broke the dome/barrier/firmament already and are already taking over heaven like the demons in Far Cry 4? Could this be what CERN is for? (ie it's a weapon to try to kill God) You should investigate this crap instead of wasting money on pc upgrade and pretending to be the supermutant character in fallout 4 that believes he is superior to everything and dream about killing everyone. Ain't gonna happen. We have the brains. Console can never die. Now that many pc franchises are coming to consoles, I can sense fear in your posts that dread the day when you may have to throw out your pc because companies can't make enough thanks to how easy it is for pirates to get things free. As we speak you are probably downloading Wii U roms. At some point nintendo then has to give away all its games like steam does and make tiny fraction of the profit they used to make thanks to you guys. Retail will die and then what will follow is high prices on digital stores that stay high because there is no physical editions. You would love that because it takes away consumer freedoms. (ie like ability to own the game and sell on the second hand market)
Do you think you'll ever have the courage to play me at Street Fighter?
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

GameHED apparently wrote:NASA is full of shit. Why are there no real images of earth from space? We got to ask ourselves what all the secrecy is for. Are they lying? And why are they so into the occult? The answer is because the nazis control the space program.
Eratosthenes knew not only that the world is round, but how big it is. And he worked it all out using basic maths and two sticks in the ground. You can replicate it for yourself if you don't believe NASA.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I mean I just Googled this. GameHED actually really believes the Earth is flat?

Well...I guess this shouldn't come as a surprise. The Aspergers is strong in this one.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

You believe street fighter v is ok not having arcade mode.

As long as you believe that I'm not going to agree with your view that it's not flat.

The earth could be a giant alien spaceship connected to our brains which produces matter from our dreams and thoughts which creates the living organisms and plants we see for all I care. I'm only posting to get you to agree that the crazy social media people are not reprsentaive of those who actually buy games. They are there to push a political agenda.

That's why one person can complain about a character's butt and actually have it removed because the lizards are trying to kill our male spaces.

It's the same thing with street fighter fans who complain on social media that thier fave character isn't powerful enough and actually have the creators listen and rebalance a game for them. I don't care about the competitive scene because these guys exist. And these guys want you to think they matter more than people who play games non-compeyitively which is not true from a business view, just as the SJWs pretend they care about a character's butt in a FPS title but secretly had no intention to play it or buy it because they are just part of a political movement to censor things.
I'm trying to wake you up. Also if the world were round why are they hiding gps tracking information for flights close to the south pole? Investigate. Everyone needs to know this stuff because it's a genuine safety concern if something were to go wrong and you don't appear. You can't trust NASA as the nazi occultists control it. Footage is fake. Why are you ok with that? Rocket scientists like Jack Parsons were into weird shit. This explains the ufo and alien agenda because they summon these entities which many believe are lying to us about a lot of things when people who channel them put them to the test.

bah no point arguing with you, you are a synth who was told the internet wasn't around when SF2 was all the rage and can't tell the real memoriee from implanted ones. Sega made a whole new controller for one game! And you guys get worried when sony upgrade specs for a platform that is backward compatible and forward compatible? Where is the logic in that? When the high spec version comes out to play VR in smooth framerates that will be no different to say sliding the 3D effect off on 3DS games to get 60fps instead of 30. Having an old model of ps4 to play VR just means jerkier framerate but not unplayable.

I can play street fighter 4 in 3D on 3DS at 30fps, ....or.... play it in 60fps without 3D. And go online to play people whether they have 3D 30fps or 60fps without 3D. Ain't options lovely?
Humans have two eyeballs. You need more grunt to show pictures for tge other eye. But you don't want to get sick. This is why we need mid gen upgrade. It's not to trick you. On single screen you don't care because it's flat, but VR is 3D (one image for each eyeball)

If you don't have enough money don't upgrade. I didn't buy an elite XBox 360 and stuck with normal edition. When MS gave you the RROD thing you happily re-bought the fixed models, so I don't see what the drama is when sony do it this gen. I think you just want consoles to stay underpowered Candy so that PC gamers don't feel threatened. Sort of like humans being afraid of mutants in the x-men comics and wanting to have them registered because of a fear that they are superior and will take over. You are afraid the console crowd is gaining more power so holding it back is your way to deal with your insecurity at the loss of control. PC master race are afraid thier dumb over-sized and clunky Sentinel robots are not enough to contain the powerful mutants/console gamers, so you want to put us console owners in concentration camps so you can feel safer. Stop halting progress by thinking we have to stay at the same power for ten years.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

More leaks

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/sourc ... 1100-5437/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Earlier this year, rumors began to fly that Sony would release an upgraded version of the PlayStation 4, a console often called the PS4.5 or the PS4K by fans and press. Today, multiple sources have confirmed for us details of the project, which is internally referred to as the NEO. No price was provided, but previous reports indicate that the NEO would sell at $399. At time of publishing, Sony has not returned our request for comment, but we will update this story if the company responds.
Starting in October, every PS4 game is required to ship with both a “Base Mode” which will run on the currently available PS4 and a “NEO Mode” for use on the new console.
Games running in NEO mode will be able to use the hardware upgrades (and an additional 512 MiB in the memory budget) to offer increased and more stable frame rate and higher visual fidelity, at least when those games run at 1080p on HDTVs. The NEO will also support 4K image output, but games themselves are not required to be 4K native.
The NEO will not supplant the current PS4, but will exist alongside of it and use the same user environment. The PS4 and NEO will use the same PSN store, connect to the same online communities, and offer the same user experience, so expect to see the same cross media bar that you’re used to. Players will be able to retain all of the purchases they made on the PS4.
Sony seems committed to keeping the NEO and the original PS4 player bases connected. As such, there will be no NEO-only games, and Sony will not let developers separate NEO users from original PS4 players while playing on PSN. Likewise, Sony explicitly and repeatedly states that developers cannot offer exclusive gameplay options or special unlockables for NEO players—so don’t expect NEO owners to get a level editor or a special Rocket League car that you won’t have access to on your original PS4.

Specs
Original PS4

CPU: 8 Jaguar Cores at 1.6 GHz
GPU: AMD GCN, 18 CUs at 800 MHz
Memory: 8 GB GDDR5, 176 GB/s

NEO
CPU: 8 Jaguar Cores at 2.1 GHz
GPU: Improved AMD GCN, 36 CUs at 911 MHz
Memory: 8 GB GDDR5, 218 GB/s
These specs are still pretty crap, the bump on the slow jag cores is lame and won't come anywhere close to core i7 chips, 36CUs with that bandwidth/clock is only 7970ish in performance, it's still going to be easily out classed by current maxwell chips and future nvidia chips.

I doubt we'll see standard 60fps across games because the cpu and bandwidth haven't scaled enough. This bump is good for providing more stable framerates and enhanced quality settings. 4k is laughable.

Looks like this is also still a GCN 1.0 part, so it won't get the nice improvements polaris GCN 2.0 architecture provides. Pass, money better spent buying a Pascal GPU imo.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

32X confirmed. Console gaming is screwed, only NX can save us now.

:bow: PC gaming :bow:
flipswitch
que
que

Rumour about playstation 4.5

Post by flipswitch »

Can't wait to see how Sony is going to market this. No buy for me, rather spend that money elsewhere like Candy/Lestat said.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

This bump in performance is basically due to 14nm transition, the smaller die size allows them to put more CUs in for the same cost/power usage, the smaller process node allows a clock bump, external memory speed bump is just from current GDDR5 chips being slightly faster at the same price/size.

Traditionally a smaller process node in consoles was used to reduce costs, here it looks like sony want to keep the price at $349 and use savings towards more power. This could also be in response to NX which was rumored to be more powerful than PS4.

Curious to see what MS have planed, whether they go a significant upgrade with different parts (Zen/polaris) or just clock bump and add more CUs like sony. Honestly they need a significant upgrade to get punters back/interested.

It will be a 4.2TF part vs 1.3TF bone. MS need a big jump here in performance.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Candy Arse wrote:32X confirmed.
Nah. The 32X was at least a separate thing in its own right. This... This is just retarded.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Pretty much confirmed now, Dev kits heading out to devs.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... o-revealed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Time to box the ps4 and put it on eBay, wonder what EB are offering for store credit.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

In not big into specs like I used to be, certainly never followed the growth of cpus and gfx cards too much but this upgraded console doesn't make me get excited. Really expected more ram at least unless I'm looking at it wrong.

Dev kits maybe going out but I guarantee we won't see anything that really utilises this New till at least halfway through next year. Sure there will be games that will be marginally better but I reckon it's also going tobe an excuse for lazy optimising on the OG Ps4.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Not interested, already own two base PS4 models now through a mix up with Sony. Not a big enough boost to warrant an upgrade
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I'll get it because it's the only Sony/MS console worth owning. PS4 exclusive games at 60fps (you'll love 60fps gaming t0mby) sounds great.

Think I'll sell my PS4 now with the XBONE. Get $ while I can.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

This kind of sucks if only because it wasn't that long ago that I bought mine. That and there is tangible benefits to a console change for once rather than quieter/slimmer/less power consumption type upgrades that roll around.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Candy Arse wrote:I'll get it because it's the only Sony/MS console worth owning. PS4 exclusive games at 60fps (you'll love 60fps gaming t0mby) sounds great.

Think I'll sell my PS4 now with the XBONE. Get $ while I can.
I paid $470 for my PS4, if I can get $300 for it I'll be happy to upgrade. Basically this is the hardware spec we should have got at the beginning of the generation, it will be good hardware for playing games that play better on a console. I expect developers will use the power because they already build games to scale for different hardware now.

DF claim this part will be using polaris tech so there are some effeciency gains in that architecture that will translate into better performance per flop. I also expect we might see an upgrade to GDDR5X memory which will give a much needed boost to bandwidth. CPU is a problem but with TDP limits you can't really put anything better in and still have a beefy gpu, besides developers have even more power/excuse to use async compute now.

I expect Sony will phase out the old PS4 completely, I can't see them manufacturing 2 different APU parts. Over time more and more of the userbase will compromise of PS4 neo users.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

PS4 gpu lines up with the leaked polaris R9 480 part, TDP lines up with what's doable in PS4 130-140w.

http://wccftech.com/amd-polaris-11-gpu- ... ompubench/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is why I think the reported GDDR5 will be finalised to GDDR5X when it hits, polaris supports this updated version.