Battlefield 5 is WW1 game

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

flipswitch
que
que

Re: Battlefield 5 is WW1 game

Post by flipswitch »

I've settled with 90 FOV. Like the new enter/exit vechicle animation and dust storms.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Yup the servers seem pretty solid right now.

I've had a few 'wow' moments so far and I actually kind of like the tank hierarchy.

Compared to BF4 there's a lot less lead going down range. Gone are those super high bullets per minute PDRs and carbines and shit. It's pretty intense actually but I really do want this level of graphical fidelity or better applied to a gritty modern setting. I guess I'll just have to buy Battlefield 6 as well -_-.

Maybe they'll do a Bad Company 3 finally.
-------------------------------------
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

I had few rounds yesterday, love it, the weapons feel great, love the bolt action guns, runs really well here, running ultra 1440p and getting lows of 50fps and hitting an average around 80-100fps, the beta seems mostly cpu limited right now, this is normal for battlefield titles in the open betas, they usually have a lot more metrics/debug in these builds.

I have to play more but I'm pretty impressed, definitely going to pick this one up, reminds me of the good old days of BF1942.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Yup it's pretty cool.

Btw, if you press '2' on the class select screen after you die you can actually shop for some weapon unlocks (which does actually include a kind of RPG). It's not 100% clear so don't miss that.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

What FOV are you guys using?

I'm rank 12 at the moment, playing mostly scout but I think I'm going a different class since I'm not too good at it.

Edit: ran into my first issues. Server error while connected, reconnected fine after that, then everybody didn't start with their primary guns.

That was an hour ago. I'm in a game now and don't have those issues.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

I'm using 90 fov on your recommendation. It does give you better vision, but I might go back a bit cos it's quite distorted.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Kinda like this

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nah just kidding. I think 90 is the sweet spot actually.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

I really liked the beta and returning to BF4 the difference is startling.

Something that occurred to me out of the blue though is given how amazing Endor looks in Battlefront, maybe a better choice for a period would be the Vietnam war. Imagine that. It would look so good. We did have a Vietnam expansion for BC2 but the current state of frostbite with the new photomapping of scenery, it would just be off the hook.

Some BF4 players hated the prerelease of BF1 though, and they call it 'Battlefront 1', claiming it's just a reskinning of the arcadey gameplay of Battlefront. I disagree personally but there is a fair quotient of butthurt out there.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

http://wccftech.com/battlefield-1-ps4-1 ... esolution/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Battlefield 1 Drops to 160×90 Resolution on PlayStation 4, Thanks to a Ludicrous Dynamic Resolution Glitch

:lol:

My PC version was installing this morning when I left for work, look forward to playing it tonight. :up:
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

90p :lol:

:suicide: t0mby :suicide:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

I hear the campaign is ridiculously short in this, like 4hrs long. :?
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Let's be honest, you don't buy this game primarily for the campaign.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

There's a campaign?!
flipswitch
que
que

Battlefield 5 is WW1 game

Post by flipswitch »

9hrs in. Ultra 3770k/980ti.1080p.locked 60fps no dips, which is crazy. Must be very well optimised, because I can just run into a large battle and it never stutters one bit. I can see myself putting in hundreds of hours into this. Played a minute of campaign, so there's that.

No server issues too.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

No server issues on an EA game on launch week? Unpossible!
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I'll be grabbing the PS4 version for convenience and friend list, know of potentially 3 people who'll do MP with me
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Finally got around to playing the campaign last night, this runs amazingly well on my PC, My framerates were sitting in the 90-120fps range most of the time at ultra details/1440p. The game looks brilliant, the campaign is ok, nothing stands out as something I haven't done a billion times before, I like the gallipoli section, I also like the fact they didn't gloss over the futility of the war and how so many lost their lives, good job. :up:
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

This is my GOTY. I've only played conquest though, still have the other modes and oh single player;). 23hrs in. Must take break, and still no server problems!. The gameplay in one word, epic!
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

This game has some nasty framerate drops in multi-player modes. Heard it's only running at 1000p? Still, looks alright considering the hardware limitations.

Edit - PS4 version here
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

I had some reservations about this game but it is unbelievably good and I'm getting utterly respectable performance with my old graphics card.

Great fun! My only complaint is that the weapon selection seems a little bit limited especially compared to the variety available in BF4.

One thing which is undeniably superior this time around is the Rush mode - there's standardized player count (I believe it's 20) so the problem of the server side choosing an inappropriate player count is gone (for example, making the server a 64 player server in rush made attacking absurdly difficult sometimes). Also, the layout of the maps for Rush now are finely balanced and much better IMO.

The new game mode is quite good too, kind of plays like a cross between conquest and rush. There's a progression of points through the battle field, but you have to simultaneously hold the points to progress instead of blow up the telecoms. Kind of makes sense and it's hard to understand why this game mode didn't exist before it's a very natural game mode for a war simulation.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Rorschach wrote:This game has some nasty framerate drops in multi-player modes. Heard it's only running at 1000p? Still, looks alright considering the hardware limitations.

Edit - PS4 version here
Weak console cpus can't handle the larger 64 player counts, we've seen this countless times already with previous versions. Only Battlefront ran smooth but they capped the player count to 40 in that to achieve it.

The PC version handles 64 player battles like a champ, the game does require a good CPU to get solid 60FPS+ though.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I would have bought the PC version however friend only using a PC still
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Patch coming in the next week which should have Hardcore mode in it, as well as a few other tweaks to the map layouts apparently.