Stellaris

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Stellaris

Post by Candy Arse »

I see a few Ranchers have this game - unbiased impressions?

It looks right up my alley. I've long wanted a new game to be my new Star Trek: Birth of The Federation and this might be it.

I'm also eyeing off Warhammer Total War but I don't know why I'm even saying it as I'm probably going to pre-order it right after I hit 'Submit' on this post.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Re: Stellaris

Post by Cletus »

I was gifted this game for my birthday by some excellent bastard, but illness and school work have kept me from playing it yet.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Cletus wrote:I was gifted this game for my birthday by some excellent bastard, but illness and school work have kept me from playing it yet.
Great impressions of your illness Clutes!
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Is it on Xbox one?
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

PC only at this stage.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Madmya wrote:Is it on Xbox one?
They're still making games for that?
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Coming from someone who plays EUIV and CKII it's lacking a bit, mainly because there is no history attached to any of the races or events that happen. It feels a bit like a bunch of numbers on the screen, and gets a bit boring after initial exploration.

I bought it and am not playing it currently, but I have complete faith that Paradox will fix up the boring bits in DLC in the same way they've added fantastic stuff to their other grand strategy games.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Warhammer: Total War is out tomorrow, that's me sorted until Dawn of War III.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!
XBL ID: Burnzoire
Steam ID: Burnzoire

Post by Burnzoire »

yeah I've been enjoying it a lot. If you're into sci-fi and love a bit of first contact shenanigans, then go play it now!

I haven't gone too deep since I've been busy moving house but my space-faring turtles, The Tortuga Cartel, have been pretty successful in their quest for contacting the fuck out of every species they see.

My only criticism of it thus far is that trading is pretty much not in the game. You can make basic trade deals between empires but I'd really like to see trade routes and all that jazz to spice up the galaxy map. I imagine it'll be added eventually as I hear the devs are known for piling on the DLC but for now it's all about expanding and exterminating.