View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 24 Oct 2017 08:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Total War: Warhammer 
Elite Ginger

Fuck what a bargain.

Absolutely one of the best TW games ever.

04 Feb 2017 05:13 pm
All accusations are unsubstantiated

Gamertag: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside
The sequel is out this week, and getting some great reviews.

I still suck at the original but looking forward to the sequel. Can't wait for them to join them together for the most insanely epic campaign ever!

26 Sep 2017 01:31 pm
Elite Ginger

Pre-loading for the game started today, I seriously can't wait. Game looks brilliant and I love LOVE the original. The modding scene turned it from a very good game to probably the best TW game ever.

26 Sep 2017 05:11 pm

Quote:
I feel like a broken record saying this is the best Total War game so far, since I’ve felt that way about each major release since Attila. But it really is true: Creative Assembly’s designers are honing their campaign and faction design consistently from game to game, and that progression is clearly on display in Total War Warhammer 2. There’s not as much progress as I’d have liked to see in the politics and diplomacy systems, which show only modest improvements. But each of the four factions is a distinct and fun-to-play addition to the growing roster. The story and objective-driven campaign is a league above anything we’ve seen in the entire Total War series before in both design and presentation. I’m anxious to see how it all fits together when the combined Mortal Empires campaign is released to owners of both games later this year.

9.1 - Amazing

Four fun, distinct factions and a story-driven campaign in Total War: Warhammer 2 set a new bar for the series.

IGN

Quote:
It's typical for each Total War game to be followed by a smaller sibling, a high quality standalone expansion as Attila was to Rome 2 or Fall of the Samurai was to Shogun 2. Warhammer has gone in the opposite direction. We had one large-scale strategy game of turn-based campaigning and real-time battles in the fantasy setting of the Old World, and now a year later we get another, bigger one—with promise of a third still to come.

There are so many tiny improvements in Warhammer 2 it's hard to list them all. The notifications when you press end turn without doing something the computer expects you to do aren't as obnoxious; heroes are less essential and the AI relies on them less; the map seamlessly zooms up into the tactical level (though I'll have to wait for an equivalent of the mod that let me zoom in for close-ups in the first game); rogue armies made of mixes of different factions roam around to add variety to battles. Instead of constructing buildings that unlock another building's ability to produce a specific elite troop, you are often constructing buildings that unlock parts of the tech tree. These are all individually small tweaks but definite improvements nonetheless.

9.2 - A maximalist sequel that improves on almost every aspect of the first game.

PC Gamer

27 Sep 2017 08:53 am
Elite Ginger

Yep the reviews are super strong. Eurogamer said the same thing - best TW game yet.

Fuck....YEAH. There goes another 300 hours :lol:

27 Sep 2017 11:53 am
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Definitely getting this game at some point. Hoping it appears in the Humble Bundle like the first one though down the track.

27 Sep 2017 07:48 pm

Installing now. Went the Limited Edition again. It matches the Limited Edition of the original nicely :up:

28 Sep 2017 05:46 pm
Elite Ginger

Mine's ready to play when I get home!!!

28 Sep 2017 06:36 pm

It comes on four DVDs and only installs ~50% of the game. Dunno if that's because of a 0-day patch or not, but still annoying.

28 Sep 2017 06:56 pm
Elite Ginger

OK so this game is fucking AWESOME. Right out of the gate it's WAY better than Warhammer 1 was and that was brilliant.

The Steam Workshop is now open too so here come the awesome mods!

06 Oct 2017 09:22 pm

I've thrown myself back into the original because I really want to finish it at least once before I tackle the sequel, first time in AGES I completely lost track of time with the old "just one more turn" thing on Sunday night. Monday was a struggle :(

Doing a lot better this time around than in the past. Have had to reload a few saves cos I keep finding myself dragged into wars on two fronts. But doing OK. Don't quite understand how diplomacy works, some factions (even human ones, I'm playing as Empire) just seem to hate you no matter what you do.

Struggling to get gold too. Trying to upgrade my blacksmith to get artillery.

But man it's fun. I can do quite well now when on the battlefield.

12 Oct 2017 09:10 am
Elite Ginger

What faction are you using? Have you installed any mods?

12 Oct 2017 10:31 am

Empire, and nope.

12 Oct 2017 05:50 pm
Elite Ginger

Go to the Workshop and install the Radious mods - shitloads more units, rebalanced units (buffs and nerfs), rebalanced economy, rebalanced skill point acquisitions for heroes and agents, retooled AI so they put together intelligent army compositions and use intelligent tactics.

Base Warhammer, and Warhammer 2, are extremely frugal games in terms of how you earn money and thusly how many armies you can field at any one time.

With Radious you are swimming in money, thus can put together a hell of a fighting force.

...but so can the other factions so prepare for combat ;)

12 Oct 2017 09:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2