There goes another 1000 hours.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Re: Total War: Warhammer

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Total War: WARHAMMER III will release on February 17, 2022.

Early adopters (preorders and purchases within the first week) will get the Ogre Kingdoms DLC for free.

Steam, Epic Store, and Day One on Game Pass for PC digital versions.

There will be physical Day One and Limited Editions as well as a standard physical version. Only difference between Day One and Limited is that the Limited Edition gets a metal case. Unlike the last two, there won't be a massive fuck off Collector's Edition. Based on the pictures on the above link, the physical versions will be the Steam version.

Even though it's on Game Pass, I'll be getting the Limited Edition. I have the Limited Editions of the first two, so I want to complete the collection, plus I need the Steam version to be able to access the massive combined campaign, and my existing DLC, as you can only access that if you own all the games on the same store.

:btw: They have said they will be releasing the first two on Game Pass "at some point", so that would be a good option for newbies to the series.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Total Warhammer 2 is probably the single game I have played the most in my life at this point. Needless to say I am excited for 3, especially the Mortal Empires addition. That will be worth every cent alone as that's the only thing I play.

Vortex was fun for shits and giggles to begin with, but once they added in Mortal Empires there's no point playing Vortex at all unless you just want some story shit.
Ambrose Burnside

Preordered with some cash I got for Christmas, and bought the last remaining Warhammer 2 DLC I needed with Steam vouchers I also got for Christmas.

You better start with Nurgle Candy :P
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I went a similar route - Steam voucher for Xmas paid for the pre-order.

I'm probably going to start with Ogre Kingdoms or Cathay first up. With the amount of time I'm going to sink into this game I'll know every race and faction inside and out soon enough.
Ambrose Burnside

I'll never forget the time I stayed up to ridiculous o'clock playing the first one and was dead at work the next day (well, later that day...). Like I can't even remember the last time I ended up losing all track of time like that in a game.

Pulled back from the series somewhat after that experience (especially now that I have a kid and another on the way), so I still suck at everything outside the actual real time battles because I'm not playing it as much and the tutorials aren't great :(
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

There are a number of tremendous channels you can follow on YouTube that will teach you how to play the game so that when you do play it, you get the most out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/c/ColonelDamneders <---- probably the best channel to start with in terms of learning about how the factions work, army composition etc

https://www.youtube.com/c/ZerkovichGames <---- another great place to start for faction guides, army comps, campaign tips etc

https://www.youtube.com/c/LegendofTotalWar <--- this guy knows the game (and series) better than anyone I've ever seen. Not the first one I'd start with but once you're comfortable with the game overall, this guy can offer a lot of value.
Ambrose Burnside

Thanks man :up:
Ambrose Burnside

Chaos Undivided announced as the 8th faction, complete with fully customisable Daemon Prince :nana:

Reading the Horus Heresy novel Fear to Tread at the moment which features a Khorne/Slaanesh alliance vs the Blood Angels. It's great :up:
Ambrose Burnside

Looks like the retail Limited Edition really is limited this time around. No longer available to preorder on EB's website.

Still available at JB though.
Ambrose Burnside

As if there was ever any doubt.

Eurogamer:
Recommended - Warhammer 3 is Creative Assembly's most maximalist, chaotic, and arguably best game to date. But it'll ask a lot of you in return.
IGN:
Total War: Warhammer 3’s single-player mode presents us with a tense, challenging, multilayered campaign driven along by a compelling story and a memorable cast of rivals. The Chaos Realms cleverly draw these larger-than-life figures together, so even those from remote corners of the world will be able to test each other's mettle. And while the size of the faction list currently feels a bit disappointing coming from Mortal Empires, all of the newly introduced factions are inventive and just plain fun on the campaign and battle maps. The true test of Warhammer 3 is still to come, when we'll get to play with all the factions from all three games on the massive combined map. But even if that's the main reason you're interested in it, there's plenty of excitement to be had already.

A fitting capstone to the trilogy, the story-heavy campaign and an armload of exciting new factions lead Total War: Warhammer 3 to victory.

Amazing 9/10
Rock, Paper, Shotgun:
Total War: Warhammer 3 is an extremely hard game to review in isolation. It’s utterly massive in itself, with eight hulking single player campaigns at launch, not to mention a greatly expanded range of multiplayer and PvE skirmish options. But that’s just the start of it. For indeed, just like beloved Warhammer villain Ebeneezer Scrooge, any attempt to form an opinion on this game has to contend not just with the present, but with the bedevilments of its past and future to boot.

While it is very much a game you can buy and enjoy on its lonesome, TWW3 is perhaps better considered as the last, grand instalment of a game whose release began nearly eight years ago with Total War: Warhammer. It’s a genuinely epic construction; a proper Pillars-Of-The Earth-level feat of game development. And here’s where the future sticks the boot in. Because while the last stones of this electric cathedral have been lowered into place, the phone line to God hasn’t been wired in yet.

TWW3’s final consecration as a place of worship will occur some time over the coming months, when developers Creative Assembly release the Mortal Empires update. This will allow the game’s map, factions and systems to fuse with those of its predecessors, producing a sandbox strategy game of truly mind-buggering scope and - unless something goes horribly wrong - giving players the yawning digital strifehole we’ve spent a lot of the last decade dreaming of hurling our lives into. Oh, and then CA will start barking out a long stream of faction packs as well. You know, in case we get bored. There’ll be as much to say again about TWW3 when all that is done. And to me, honestly, that’ll be the verdict that matters more.

There is so much more to say. The colour palette of Tzeentch’s realm would be worth a paragraph on its own. There are fully customisable Daemon Princes, which you can give beaks and tentacles purely for your own amusement. I’ve not even been able to spare more than a sentence for my beloved, dreadful ogres. And still, as I said at the outset, this is not even the final form of Total War: Warhammer. It’s just the game’s impossibly hench arse, being winched into place by a rickety crane, before Creative Assembly brings the monster to life and, with a hearty roar, it eats the rest of my year.
Ambrose Burnside

Annoyed.

Was meant to be out today, and EB doesn't have their stock yet :x
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Went up for preload last night - 115gig install, 65gig download. Jumping into this series late but excited.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Keen also to check out the series. Might start with Total War Saga: Troy which we got on Epic not long ago.
Ambrose Burnside

Ambrose Burnside wrote: 17 Feb 2022 09:41 pm Annoyed.

And EB's stock still hasn't arrived. It better bloody arrive on Monday. Ogre Kingdoms is only free for a week :x

I've heard the tutorial/prologue campaign is the best in Total War history.
Ambrose Burnside

Ambrose Burnside wrote: 19 Feb 2022 10:58 am
Ambrose Burnside wrote: 17 Feb 2022 09:41 pm Annoyed.

And EB's stock still hasn't arrived. It better bloody arrive on Monday. Ogre Kingdoms is only free for a week :x

I've heard the tutorial/prologue campaign is the best in Total War history.
Monster self quote. Finally got in on Thursday. 7 days late. Bloody covid. Would have been Friday if I didn't decide to pop in after work on Thursday to ask if it was in at the same time the courier was there dropping off boxes and boxes of late shit.

Ah well, Ogre Kingdoms bonus was still valid, and I got the cool steel case to match the first two. The only reason I went retail to begin with!