This War of Mine (and supporting Ukraine)

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

This War of Mine (and supporting Ukraine)

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

All profits from the sale of This War is Mine (including DLC, and across all platforms) will be going to the Ukrainian Red Cross for the next week. I already owned a copy thanks to an Epic Store freebie, but I just picked up the Complete Edition on Steam.

I know it's not much, but it's better than hash-tagging thoughts and prayers I guess.

“Fuck The War”: This War Of Mine Developer Sending Profits To Ukrainian Red Cross

And they're not alone:

Bungie, CD Projekt Red and 11 bit studios Donating to Help Relief Efforts in Ukraine

Bungie is donating 100% of the proceeds of the first 48 hours of their Game2Give drive to the Ukraine humanitarian aid efforts
CD PROJEKT Group has donated 1 million PLN to Polska Akcja Humanitarna, a Polish humanitarian organization who is currently in the Ukraine.
Digital Extremes has donated $100,000 to the Canadian Red Cross for their part in humanitarian aid efforts in Ukraine

The support for Ukraine from the dismal side of the iron curtain who know just what this means for the world has been striking.

Meanwhile, at Fox News:
“Very soon, that hatred of Vladimir Putin could bring the United States into a conflict in Eastern Europe,” Carlson said.

“Before that happens, it might be worth asking yourself, since it is getting pretty serious – what is this really about? Why do I hate Putin so much? Has Putin ever called me a racist? Has he threatened to get me fired for disagreeing with him?

“Has he shipped every middle-class job in my town to Russia? Did he manufacture a worldwide pandemic that wrecked my business and kept me indoors for two years? Is he teaching my children to embrace racial discrimination? Is he making fentanyl? Is he trying to snuff out Christianity? Does he eat dogs?

“These are fair questions, and the answer to all of them is no. Vladimir Putin didn’t do any of that. So why does permanent Washington hate him so much?”

“Biden has pledged to defend Ukraine’s borders even as he opens our borders to the world. That’s how it works. Invading America is called equity. Invading Ukraine is a war crime.”
‘Why hate Putin?’: High-profile conservatives back Russia

:run:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Re: This War of Mine (and supporting Ukraine)

Post by Madmya »

Why derail your own thread by detailing a fringe idea that serves no purpose to the point of your thread? Bizarre.
Ambrose Burnside

I'm not sure the highest rating show on the most watched news network in America is as fringe as we'd like it to be :(

We can't do much, but we can support Ukraine in our own ways. That's all I've done, and pointing out how divided and weak the West is on this issue does nothing to take away from that message. It reinforces it. It's the only reason Putin believed he could get away with a full-scale invasion after all. Boris, Biden, fifth columnists in the American media. What a dismal picture confronting the Ukrainian people.

GOG are also donating their cut from sales of This War of Mine to the Ukrainian Red Cross. I didn't realise that, I would have bought it from there had I known. Oh well.

STAKLER 2 is Ukrainian. Just added it to my wishlist. I love Eurojank :(
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

So because Carlson asks pertinent questions he's somehow an enabler? News flash, a war in Ukraine has nothing to do with a tv opinion host who asks the same thing I do, why should I care? Even the fucking Europeans can't be fucked getting involved so what does that tell you? The US and Germany won't even stop buying oil and gas off russia, if they aren't even serious, why am I meant to care about something which literally has no effect on me, in a country that's been rife with corruption and foreign influence dodgy shit for decades?

The logic pretzel to STILL want to blame TRUMP and anyone you hate on this is amazing.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

nobody mentioned Trump but you, Froggy
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

except the article..

It's so serious the US President has gone on holidays.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Hahaha good thread, Ambrose.
Ambrose Burnside

I was under no illusions of what would happen and by whom.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I shouldn't laugh as the intention was good, executed woefully.
Ambrose Burnside

The reaction from old mate Froggy wouldn't have been any different regardless of execution. Hell, if I didn't bring up the arguments of certain segments of the US media, he or someone else would have.

"People I hate don't care so why should I?" is a new one though, I'll give him that.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Back on topic, This War of Mine is an absolutely brilliant game. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with fragile mental health though
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Ambrose Burnside

My mate had to stop playing it.

I haven't fired it up yet. I've only really had a reaction to That Dragon, Cancer. Fuck that was a brutal experience.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Ambrose Burnside wrote: 26 Feb 2022 04:38 pm The reaction from old mate Froggy wouldn't have been any different regardless of execution. Hell, if I didn't bring up the arguments of certain segments of the US media, he or someone else would have.

"People I hate don't care so why should I?" is a new one though, I'll give him that.
It's well intentioned and we all support it, hopefully it ends quickly.

Responding to your other bit, I don't hate Joe Biden but people like yourself refuse to accept that most people don't care and you can't articulate why we should. I come on man, look at Biden, he's literally fucked off to his holiday house for the weekend and hasn't even talked to the Ukrainian Leader. Meanwhile the Ukrainian leader is filming a doco with Sean Penn... The very leaders who CAN do something about it are doing a whole lot of nothing, the country is rife with corruption with so many fingers in the pie they are all just eager to see what falls out of it to gobble up.

If anyone on here is blinded by hatred, it is you. Maybe revisit how you felt when the last admin beat Iran in a war with one missile vs how you feel now about this situation, see if you can learn a lesson.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Froggy wrote: 26 Feb 2022 05:52 pm I come on man, look at Biden, he's literally fucked off to his holiday house for the weekend and hasn't even talked to the Ukrainian Leader.
Biden cancelled his holiday trip 5 days ago: https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/20/biden-a ... raine.html

He spoke to Zelensky 13 hours ago:
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Fair enough. I see now that his trip was cancelled last weekend and he went this weekend instead. The characterisation of it being a visit to his holiday house might be a little misleading:

Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Oh he spoke to the leader then, my bad, must have told him Sean Penn got this.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Ambrose Burnside

Ambrose Burnside wrote:We can't do much, but we can support Ukraine in our own ways.
Froggy's way is my favourite way.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Well Im pretty sure I support the Ukrainian people as much as you do, you're just way off the mark with your blame to an insane level and the reality is most people don't care. They didn't care (like you) in 2014, during the Georgia war and the last 8 years of civil war, they aren't magically invested now.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Ambrose Burnside

I'm well aware a lot of people don't care.

And I blame Putin.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

The only reason people are up in arms about this situation is because it's in Social Media and even then you have to filter the BS from the facts. The US have been bombing innocent families and children for years but you don't see that doing the rounds. Also, and this is fact, the only countries that US ever goes to war with or sticks their noses in are the ones that don't have Rothschild controlled banking systems. There are around 4-6 countries left that are no controlled, Russia being one of them. That said, there is more to this current situation than meets the eye. From Reuters...
ON THREATS TO RUSSIA

"We clearly understand that under such a scenario, the level of military threats to Russia will dramatically increase many times over. I pay special attention to the fact that the danger of a sudden strike against our country will increase many times over. Let me explain that U.S. strategic planning documents contain the possibility of a so-called preemptive strike against enemy missile systems. And who is the main enemy for the U.S. and NATO? We know that too. It's Russia. In NATO documents, our country is officially and directly declared the main threat to North Atlantic security. And Ukraine will serve as a forward springboard for the strike. If our ancestors had heard about it, they probably would simply not have believed it. And today we don't want to believe it, but it's true."
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Ambrose Burnside

Ah cool now it's the Jews.
Ambrose Burnside

1 Bit Studios, the Polish developer behind Frostpunk and This War of Mine, has announced a substantial 3m PLN (£520k) donation to aid Ukraine.

Writing via Facebook, 11 Bit's message was simple: "#FuckTheWar".

The studio had previously said it would also donate all proceeds from the sale of anti-war game This War of Mine over the past week to the Ukrainian Red Cross - one of several developers with similar initiatives.
In the past few hours, more developers have announced donations to charitable causes in aid of Ukraine.

Swedish studio Fatshark, developer of Warhammer Vermintide 2, said it had been "shocked by events in Ukraine" and would donate 300k SEK (around £25k) to the Red Cross.

Heavy Rain developer Quantic Dream, now working on Star Wars: Eclipse, said it was "deeply concerned by the escalating events", and that its "thoughts are with our friends and trusted partners in the region". It has donated $75k (£56k) to the UN Refugee Agency.

Clash of Clans maker Supercell, now owned by Tencent, said it was "horrified by the unfolding humanitarian crisis in Ukraine" and that it wanted to "try and play a part, however small, in alleviating that suffering". It will donate $1m (£829k) and match a further $1m from any donations made by players donating via here.

And in related news, Polish studio Bloober Team has pulled its catalogue of games - such as Layers of Fear and The Medium - from sale in both Russia and Belarus.

As we reported earlier, The Witcher and Cyberpunk developer CD Projekt Red has done similar - but gone further in also blocking Russia and Belarus from all purchases via its PC store GOG.
The Pokémon Company has announced its own $200k (£150k) donation, and called the crisis in Ukraine and Eastern Europe was "heartbreaking".