Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Re: Xbox 1.5 is coming

Post by Madmya »

I can't understand why Sony is doing it unless they're reacting to Microsoft, or it's for Morpheus. They have a lot to lose.

But in saying that this isn't the same as upgrades in the past. In the past the games were completely restricted to the upgrades and that wasn't a good idea. I can't see the same happening here. Features may be disabled on the vanilla console, like VR or whatever, but totally restricted games would be rare you'd have to expect.

If Oculus is coming I'm all in. Forza 7 with Oculus... yes please.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

It just seems silly... but I for one kinda want to see these .5 consoles.. just to laugh at how Sega did it before and failed. I hope these .5 consoles are cartridge based.

:D
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

All it will do is prolong this generation longer than necessary and create a scenario where instead of paying $400-500 every 6-7 years for a new console people will have to pay $400-500 every 3-4 years. Sony and MS trying to copy Apple I guess
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... -not-there" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another Eurogamer article, talking about possible reasoning/strategies of these upgraded consoles.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

You are all guys who are angry at these console companies but then you complained the current gen was underpowered.

If it's underpowered wouldn't .5 update for 4K tvs be a good thing?

Scorpio is only for those with 4K tv, it's not like it's abandoning the guy with 1K.

Neo is obviously made for the VR Goggles because it matches the name of Morpheus (Neo and Morpheus are characters in the movie "the Matrix") which is what the goggles will do is wake you up to the redpill.
Those who have no interest in VR probably won't need Neo version of ps4. So why complain that people who do have interest can get a machine to help with VR when it doesn't affect you?

Stop acting like Candy Arse and thinking console is doomed. It's the pc that is doomed and lestat and candy are the misguided ones. They don't understand the importance of first party exclusives like Bloodborne, Forza, Mario and Zelda, mario kart games etc.

All they want to do is pretend that real gamers who play games in depth give a fuck what resolution something is when they are happy with mario kart 8 and Smash Bros looks dspite beig on underpowered technology.

It's not just about technology. Call of Duty looks like shit compared to other games but people play it all the time.
At E3 John Carmack was demonstrating minecraft with VR goggles. lol That might mean lot to a kids who are addicted to the game. But it doesn't use cutting edge graphics. Understand that you are not the only people that buy things please. If you don't want to upgrade to 4K nobody is forcing you. But you can't get angry that the option exists. That would be like getting angry that 32GB black Wii U has more memory than the white one. It's no different. Since the older console model will play the same fucking games but one just has extra stuff built in. (it's not the same as having to upgrade your pc card)

I hope NX will be renamed the "Superion" after my fave transformer in order to make the scorpio sound weak. (ie it can combine with your Wii U to boost its power like a combiner robot)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto