Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Re: E3 2016

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Disappointing E3 overall imo.
My Definite and Likely lists haven't really changed at all. Watch list grew a lot though.
Dead Rising 4 and Horizon are both new to definite. Forza Horizon3 new to likely.

DEFINITELY:
Tokyo Mirage Sessions
No Mans Sky
Pokemon Moon
Dead Rising 4
Horizon Zero Dawn

LIKELY:
Forza Horizon 3
Zelda Breath of the Wild
Cuphead
Scalebound
The Last Guardian

WATCH LIST:
Phantom Dust
We Happy Few
World of Final Fantasy
Battlefield 1
Skyrim Special Edition
Gears of War 4
Stardew Valley
Gwent
Sea of Thieves
Halo Wars 2
Ghost Recon Wildlands
Grow Up
Steep
God of War
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Also, there is a rumor that Rockstar were to close the Sony show with Read Dead (or something), but that it got pulled due to the Orlando stuff.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

I was expecting Rockstar to show Red Dead at MS conference then announce Red Dead BC for the bone.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Cool Dead Rising4 video
http://news.xbox.com/wp-content/uploads ... 80p264.mp4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Skyrim PS4 and XBONE targeting 30fps :lol:
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Twiztid Elf wrote:Also, there is a rumor that Rockstar were to close the Sony show with Read Dead (or something), but that it got pulled due to the Orlando stuff.
I don't get it. RDR wasn't about going on shooting sprees and being an outlaw; it was a complex story about about somebody trying to make good for past misdeeds. The game was way more interesting when you stuck with that theme, imo.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

I'm thinking Rockstar was never there from the start, like most E3's. Considering 90% of the games at E3 revolve around shooting and killing, I can't see why Rockstar would pull the pin.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Candy Arse wrote:Skyrim PS4 and XBONE targeting 30fps :lol:
:fight

I'm a little worried about these mid cycle console reboots. Benchmarks are out today showing performance of a 5.5TF polaris part which can't beat a GTX 980, 14nm polaris struggling to match maxwell efficiency on an old 28nm process.

Xbone will be a little faster at 6TF and PS4K will slower at 4.2TF.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Well I appreciate the effort they're putting in to advance console gaming power.

Fortunately there's always the PC option as well.

To me everyone wins with what we're getting out of this.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

VR performance is worse than a stock 970 which gets 6.5.

flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

So they showed a newer build on GTS at E3, and I must admit it looks in much better shape than the Beta.
I was going to post some gifs. but they'll slow down the page.

Gone from not interested to got my eye on it.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Xbone is becoming PC lite.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/halo-wars-2/xbo ... se-support" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Keyboard/mouse support coming to xbone.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Oh, that's fucking cool. Just stream shit from my bone and play with KBaM... hopefully.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Xbox-branded...boxes.

Well why not. Cross play, cross buy, shared ecosystems, games also on PC...I like it.

Kind of feels like MS have pulled the rug out from under Sony and are looking to take a slice of Valve's pie.
Kangawallaby
Netballer
XBL ID: Kangawallaby
PSN ID: Kangawallaby
Steam ID: Kangawallaby

Post by Kangawallaby »

This is kinda weird. Scorpio won't have an FPS advantage over regular bone. Maybe that's why it will be true 4k at 30fps.....

"No" Xbox "Scorpio Exclusives"; Won't "Be A Frame Rate Difference" Between Scorpio & Xbox One
http://www.appy-gamer.com/Web/ArticleWe ... ce=onenote" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2nd place is the first loser....

unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

So basically with Neo and Scorpio, we're getting the consoles we should have had three years ago. By the time they come out, it'll be four years, so pretty close to New Console Time anyway.

...and the PC gear will have leapfrogged yet again...
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Reading the Phil Spencer interview on Eurogamer, Scorpio will run the games at 4K and whatever framerate it ships at.

Looks like we're stuck at 30fps. Well not all of us.

I for one continue to welcome our PC overlords.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Gamespy's E3 coverage has been absolutely shithouse.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Good to hear about these updated consoles.

Love 30fps for open world games. Sick of this smooth shit that candy arse is obsessed with. Although I would prefer that the developers get the choice to put games at 60fps for racers and action games if they aimed for 1080P.

More options is always better than less options. That should be MS rule. If you go online you take some options out because of the ompetitive environment to keep things on the level playing field, but for single player experiences the gamer should be able to tweak how they want the game to feel.

Just like how last gen we had the option to install a game to HDD with GTA5 or download the patch for xenoblade to quicken loading times.

The reason why this is important is because if you view a game on smaller screen you will not notice the high resolutions as much as when you view a high res image on a larger screen. So the player (based on where they play the console - ie is it on a smaller tv in their room or the big one in the home theatre or lounge room?) gets to control whether to view a game in high resolution at 30fps or 60fps at 1080P on the small screen.

A hover racer where you move at insane speed such as f-zero clone is going to want to be a 60fps game. But a slow-paced open world rpg I would MUCH prefer prettier graphics and 30fps.

Let the players or developers decide! Give us options. Don't lock us into one. N64 did this shit years ago with memory expansion pack. If you have more money you get better single player experiences. As for multi: of course you can't give the rich guy too much of an advantage here so it's best to try to lock people down to a standard and just change the level of detail based on whether they are playing with another player who has the same model as you.

For example if a guy has scorpio and is playing against another guy with scorpio, then they get graphics at full detail to take advantage of the two high powered machines.
If a guy is on scorpio and other players he is playing with are on Xbox One/Slim, then the guy on scorpio only get to see the game at low settings to keep a level playing field so he doesn't have advantages over the poor kids.

You always play at the detail setting of the player with the lowest spec machine, that way people feel like no matter what model they have they never get cheated of wins or feel MS is going "pay-to-win" busines model. (ie the guy who has more money and buys the latest tech get automatic perks)

But if nobody is playing using an old model of Xbox, you all get to see higher detail and slowly as more and more poor guys trade in their older models for the new one, the developers can slowly phase out support for older models after the 6-7 year mark when the new model goes down in price and casuals can afford high end models at affordable price.

There should also be an option in all online games to just filter out players who use older models or newer models so that the player can decide who he/she wants to play with if he/she thinks the game is only fair to compete with people who use the same model of Xbox as them. (just like the filters in Street Fighter 4 on 3DS to filter out the people using the easy control method)

This way EVERYONE gets what they want and are happy. And MS can give the hardcore gamer what he wants without pissing off the casual/poor/tigharse kids who are sick of upgrading early and trading in their old stuff at EB.

More options is better. Keep this in mind.

The pc being an open platform lets people see old games with high detail and smooth framerates. With console you get stability. So there has to be a middle ground somewhere in between what old consoles used to be (stability) and what pc has (the options to see the same game with better details/smoothness) and that's where this idea comes into play where the servers have to detect what settings you put in your game when you compete.
I think if I am playing a racer I'm going to want the option to set 60fps all the time. Even if you have to drop pixels per frame.
But I want 30fps for those slow paced titles like rpg where I don't move fast enough for that to matter as much.

They got to be careful because they were the ones to give us the underpoweed shit, so the developers need to put up with this shit for now until we get back to the old "10 year cycle" again and they stop trying to be like nintendo who try to appeal to casuals too much. When Wii did it, it made sense since it was experimental ideas and shit so nobody cared about power. But now that the waggle fad is over, we need power again as VR is the new gimmick and will drain resources. We never actually asked for cheaper next gen consoles. They just assumed we wanted that just because nintendo could get away with it since most of their games are cartoony platformers and do not use realistic settings.
But that rule doesn't apply for Sony and MS which go for older audience who has more money and doesn't rely on parents to buy games. (yes yes I know nintendo fans are adults too and buy nintendo systems but what I mean is the games are not aimed specifically for old audiences)

The japanese are fine with more energy-efficient machines in tiny boxes that have lower specs since their games are built from the ground up using custom engines while the west tends to recycle very old engines that run like shit on underpowered machines and they don't optimise code as much. (the days of polished triple A games are over as we rely more and more on patches to fix things. Something you still don't have to do with nintendo's own games I might add. The nintendo Seal of Quality is why Zelda games are always delayed cause they care about perfection unlike greedy american companies which never guarantee bug-free experience because they can't code for shit and love to use us the gamer as the bloody guinea pigs or free beta testers to save them money. :down: )

Nintendo should be the ones to preserve the old "console tradition" of stable polished games like we used to get from console gaming back in the days before the internet and massive patches, and where every game you bought just worked right out of the box because it was coded without flaws and glitches. While sony and MS should stay in the hardcore gamer area where they belong. I don't want each console doing the same exact thing. Waste of resources.
Just like you have apple retards who like the dumbed-down stuff because they don't want to have to think, and PC tards who prefer options to customise everything, .....the same thing should happen in gaming where each tard gets his thing without any copying or trying to pretend they are something they are not and then doing it badly and pissing everyone off who actually liked how things used to be. I prefer nintendo games because they still feel like proper games of the past which are about skills and you get joy by being better after practicing over time. And I like Sony and MS more for the experiences that you get with the modern gaming. (ie by modern I mean games that always tend to rely on grphics and the technology behind it as the selling point but usually these games, when you take away the fancy exterior have average gameplay and don't stand out after time when they are superceded by games with even better graphics and tech advancement)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Cletus wrote:Gamespy's E3 coverage has been absolutely shithouse.
Gamespy is still a thing? :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Candy Arse wrote:Reading the Phil Spencer interview on Eurogamer, Scorpio will run the games at 4K and whatever framerate it ships at.

Looks like we're stuck at 30fps. Well not all of us.

I for one continue to welcome our PC overlords.
I knew this would be the case, give console developers more power and they'll just make prettier 30fps games. Basically if you want 60fps you need to be on PC. That's why I'm glad MS is putting their games on PC now.

I have no interest in PS4K now, I think my current ps4 is fine for the occasional cinematic box moving masterpiece. Xbone 2 I won't be in a rush, my desktop will be double the power and I'll be only playing games on the xbox when I feel like playing on a couch.

The play everywhere initiative is big, it has me not wanting to invest anymore than I need to on the playstation ecosystem. I like the idea of cross play between console/pc and only needing to buy one version, I can't do that on playstation.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I think this is where even a high-end console like Scorpio is going to be held back. Hey this game has great image qualerty at 4k, too bad it still runs at GameHED-framerates.

Good on MS for working to push it all forward.....but PC will remain Master Race.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Yes but only thieves buy pc. You guys are as hated by the true gamer as the muslim rape gangs that bethesda hired to grope the females in the audience during thier E3 presentation who screamed like crazy just to make it seem like their games were more exciting than they were.

I like pc too candy arse but the future is consoles. Most pc gamers are just using it to play old blizzard games with shitty saturday morning cartoon looking graphics. You know it and that is why CD Projekt Red is making their best games on the console master race.

Good news for us console fans: Skyrim Remastered is coming to current gen consoles. Which means we can sell our existing copies to poor guys who still play last gen machines that missed out on this, .. to buy the updated version on ps4 with prettier graphics. So this whole graphics thing isn't a big deal for us which you keep trying to use as an argument as to why we need to throw away our consoles and join your club of elitist dicks. It's all about keeping these companies alive long enough so EA doesn't buy them which is your original plan in coming here to Games-ranch to discourage kids from paying for games so that they go bankrupt and EA gets to buy them cheap. Nobody works for nothing.

The truth is that the pc is just a testing platform to make console games. Yes you get good graphics but that is compensation for having to upgrade constantly so it's not exactly free is it? But consoles can have pc-like experience without the drama of games being shitty due to crashing to the desktop due to poor OS optimisations and other shit. Think of it like this: the pc is a race car whose parts break all the time and need constant maintenance and repair while the console is a well-built average performance car that developers love because you get good value out of it due being more efficient with the fuel. You will always complain it's too slow but the driver just improves his skill. (in this case, the driver of the car are the coders who have to learn new tricks and shortcuts to obtain better results; the equivalent of a driver being better at racing due to getting to know the car better, rather than rely on getting a better and faster car which would be the brute force method of winning. This "brute force" method adds a little risk because you can never guarantee the players of the games you make will bohter to upgrade and then if they don't, most likely they'll opt to pirate it because the system isn't performing good enough to make the experience worth paying money for.)

Don't think I haven't infiltrated your meetings with the reptilians on how to control all game companies so that they can never make a sequel to perfect Dark. There must be a reason MS don't want Rare to survive and why EA still hasn't made any new System Shock games. It's because they want everyone to play crappy sports sims only. (much easier to make money just doing roster update after roster update than to make new games) I think as long as people accept poor treatment (like games being buggy messes) as standard, there will always be the possiblity of another game industry crash.
Last edited by GameHED on 16 Jun 2016 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

GameHED wrote:Yes but only thieves buy pc. You guys are as hated by the true gamer as the muslim rape gangs that bethesda hired to grope the females in the audience during thier E3 presentation who screamed like crazy just to make it seem like their games were more exciting than they were.
:roll:

Never stolen a single game in my life - PC or console otherwise. And the comment about rape gangs? Shows how ignorant and pestilent you are.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

female audience shill: "ohhooooo!!" "EEEEEK!!" (screaming at shit like a stupid elder scrolls card game lol)

male audience shill: "aaaaaaahhh yeaaaaah! (moaning like a english voice actor for a porn anime)

Sounded like some women were getting raped in the audiences.

Hype is so fake and overdone. Thank God nintendo just has the treehouse thing.

This is the format they should all follow. Tell us about the actual fucking games, not your boring sales figures and other shit. Game percentage of completion, estimated date of release, and gameplay vids with commentary on play mechanics.
Enough theatrics. It's not like the Squid sisters from Splatoon sang you a song and showed you their titties on stage or something and you got off on a hologrphic ink sprayd on your face like bukkake sex act. Calm down.
Last edited by GameHED on 16 Jun 2016 01:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.