Pokemon GO

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Re: Pokemon GO

Post by Cletus »

It's the best. I don't care if people think it's cheating. You still have to go out and catch the thing. And the tracker doesn't work. The game is cheating the players to begin with. I caught a Haunter today only because I checked that site before bothering to boot the app and I was actually sitting on one. I really wanted one too. He was only level 18 though. Nevertheless. I have him now.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Game is really rooted now. Vaporeon nerfed (kind of...maybe). No more footsteps and just a vague tracker with no idea for direction. Pokevision shut down (well at least for now). Crazy...I think Pokevision was about the only thing keeping this game worth playing in its current form. I'm half way through level 23 and I think I might be done for now.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Yeah, as time goes on it has become more frustrating to play. I'm over it.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

They didn't shut down 3rd party apps they turned off a feature on the server side that these apps and sites use. The feature was too much of a strain on Pokémon Go and the apps requesting the data added extra strain.

I'm sure the footstep feature will return once they find a way to reduce the load on the server.

Oh no... a feature that hasn't been working since almost day one has been removed how will I ever survive??
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Steady on, I don't even care about that. It's constant server problems that are irritating. It's worse now than day 1 for me.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

:lol: ...triggered. "They didn't shut down the 3rd party apps, they disabled a feature that those apps use"...um, ok then. Also, it seems that Niantic have presented these sites with their terms of use- apparently citing the areas these 3rd party sites are breaching. That's fine, it's their right, their game. I'm saying that with the game in its current form, those sites kept people playing. Until that solution, I was walking in circles around my park, never venturing to find a Pokemon with 3 steps unchanging. I just walked to hatch eggs. I did a lot in that time too. I've hatched a total of 96 eggs, four of which were helped by car travel (understanding the egg tracking would have helped. Circles is a waste of time. You're measured point to point, not real distance travelled. I've probably walked 3 times the distance the game thinks I have...because circles).

So what part of "I'm half way through level 23 and I think I might be done for now" equates to "Oh no... a feature that hasn't been working since almost day one has been removed how will I ever survive??". How hard is it to read criticism of the game, Grey? What level are you? Have you invested any real time or money in the game? People have you know. A lot did that based on how the game worked at launch. It didn't launch here with crippling server issues, buggy tracking and potential account wipes. Hell, the last update even made any catch, regardless of being excellent or great to 100 points. Less points per catch to reduce server load, do you think? Certainly not to curb xp gain for playing well. And yes, it's prudent to think Niantic will sort it out. But we don't know that for sure because they don't communicate as much as they could for such a popular game.

Oh no...someone has valid criticism for a game I like, how will I ever stop myself from posting knee jerk defensive reaction??
Last edited by Cletus on 01 Aug 2016 01:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

It's definitely running better with the update, though.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

it's certainly more stable
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

"....just a small bump towards the end."
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

there it is
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

PokeScanner app still works
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Hey, you're right..but this one...not the one on the playstore.

https://github.com/BrianEstrada/PokeScanner/releases" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT- The app suggests you use another log in- separate to your actual main account to avoid issues.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

Yeah that's the one. Got a dummy account for it.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

good spotting, chap. cheers.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Since the update I've noticed a huge change. I can hardly catch anything. I've gone from over 400 pokeballs, 130 greats and 50 ultras down to a little over 150 total. It doesn't seem to matter how well or what kind of ball you throw..and razzberries seem to do nothing.

Apparently in the update the catch rates have been roughly halved and the flee rates doubled (at and over level 20). You're looking at an average of roughly nine balls per pokemon before you get a result...being it stays in the ball or breaks free for the tenth time and flees. it's madness.

Its probably just to reduce server load though.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

And increase pokeball purchase revenue. It's way harder to catch pokemon now, and yesterday it was all screwy for a mate and I - caught a CP 705 paras? No you didn't, you caught Weepinbell! You'd catch pokemon, it'd say you caught said pokemon, then you get a different pokemon.

Also, I hate you pokescanning cunts. I'm now resigned to everyone having more pokemon than me.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Why wouldn't you scan? There's no reliable way to find them otherwise. You're only hurting yourself dude.
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

Never scanned here and got myself to level 17 but am actually bored with it now like cletus said the catch rates are rooted.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I just can't be arsed scanning! And by not doing so I'm now severely disadvantaged. It's like when we came out of the 90s and dudes started caring about their looks again, I didn't want to and it annoyed me because it left me at a disadvantage. You must also moisturise your face cletus.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

They shut down access to any scanner I know of on thursday. I still caught an Aerodactyl cp 1250 today and I'd only use moisturiser to slip a finger up your bum.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Current working trackers (for Android) are pokiimap and pokemesh. I think the new "sightings" tracker is as shit as the fucked up three step glitched tracker. Now all you know is that there's a pokemon around you and you only see those within a shorter range. The only indication you have of knowing if you're going the right direction is if your target pokemon stays on the tracker or drops off. It's certainly no improvement, no matter what the youtube fanboys are saying. I live near a Charmander spawn site. I used to know when one had spawned. Now the tracker doesn't reach that far. I think they've reduced the game's scan range by about 100 metres but that's a guess.

Why is everything based on a candy economy? Let's be honest. We're evolving and levelling our pokemon with pokemon meat. It's not candy. I think we should all be clear on that.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

So many Pikachu here at Universal Singapore. I stepped on one. Kids cried.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Humblebrag.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I didn't use Pokevision for very long before it was taken down, and it was really cool being able to see something nearby and go for a quick jaunt to catch it... but I don't mind how the game plays at the moment. I haven't gone out of my way to play it for a while now, I pretty much ignore what little remains of the radar and just catch whatever I bump into on my walks to and from work. Nabbed an Arbok yesterday and Charmander today, both of which were new additions to the collection.

The new catch rates seem to work better overall too- before the changes I'd constantly have max items, and pretty much every Pokemon was easily caught with a single standard-issue Pokeball. Now it's more likely to be 3-5 per catch, which makes collecting items at Pokestops relevant again. General performance is vastly improved too, I don't think I've had it freeze on me since the major update.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Agreed. Still needs work but the experience is fine if you dont actively search. I still use trackers. I also have a second account with a shit tonne of tap to catch and tap to loot stuff from the now removed pokiimap. Tap to catch is removed but i didnt update it. And they haven't caught on yet.