que

Re: Pokemon GO

Post by flipswitch »

Hyundai Getz ( fill in the rest)
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Well they have ironed out a few of the bugs which is great.. seems more stable on my s7. Claimed myself a Pikachu this arvo on a walk with one of the girls at work. I love it. It's getting people up, having fun and doing some exercise.. can't complain with that.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Candy Arse wrote:A heap of people I know are getting into it, but I'm sticking with real games.
This might interest you:
http://uncova.com/nintendo-might-make-i ... blets-cnet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CNET

Nintendo is considering creating its own controller for phones and tablets as part of its sharpened focus on mobile apps.

At Nintendo's shareholders meeting on Wednesday, Shinya Takahashi, the general manager of the Entertainment Planning and Development division, revealed that the company is looking into creating a physical controller that could play a role in action games. Other companies already make controllers for smartphones and tablets, but this would be a first for Nintendo.

Mobile users have increasingly turned to smartphones and tablets to play games. Nintendo initially fought the trend, instead focusing on games for its Wii console and handheld devices. But as the company has lagged behind Sony and Microsoft in the gaming market, it has increased its focus on the mobile world and needs to continue to do so to lure in more users.

The trick is to decide if dedicated controllers are needed to provide the right type of experience for gamers.

"Physical controllers for smart device applications are available in the market and it is possible that we may also develop something new by ourselves," Takahashi said. "I believe Nintendo's way of thinking is to look at whether action games are really not impossible (without a physical controller for smart device applications) to create and how we can make it happen to create such a game."

Nintendo dived into the mobile market this past March with the release of Miitomo, an app for the iPhone, iPad and Android devices that lets you ask questions and interact with other people via an onscreen avatar. The company will follow that up this year with Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem, both free to play and both designed for iOS and Android devices. Two more mobile games are next in the queue for 2017, though Nintendo hasn't yet revealed their names.

Nintendo did not immediately respond to CNET's request for comment.
This can solve the problem of mobile games sucking due to shit controls, and nintendo can custom fit a game to match the design of the controller they create. It's time they followed square enix and sony and finally made their own clone of monster hunter imo. Maybe instead of wizards and monster hunters they created a mecha version of this where you hunt rogue robots whose parts can be used to craft better armor and parts for your mobile suit?

Think mad max post apocalypse setting but with powered armor instead of cars and trucks, and the game controls like a monster hunter game but instead of tracking targets by painting them and chasing them around, you scan with sensors and use psychic abilitiy to read the intentions of various rogue robots to guess where they will go as they flee from you, much like the detective in the Blade Runnner movies but in harsh environments which push the limits of your suit and make it hard to survive for long periods of time without shelter from village. This acts as the time limit we are used to in monster hunter games. Instead of the client who offers you missions being the one to set the time limit that you have to do the mission, the time limit is instead just based on how good the quality of the suit is measured against the toughness of staying in the harsh environment and based on those two factors, that then gives you the length of time you have to chase that target down and salvage anything useful form the wrecked machine after its defeat before you die trying it. (you don't really die you eject and a rescue crew comes to collect your pod which you have to pay them back later with money)

The mechas have all kinds of different weapon types, frames, cores (the central cockpit), limb types, skeleton designs (some are light fragile for aerial combat while others are dense and slow for defense against mobs), methods of travel (tracked mechs are better on sand and rough surface, biped is best at quick turns and dodges, spider mech has stability for long range combat on uneven surfaces etc) and this affects how you control the character much like changing your weapon in monster hunter. You wouldn't be able to dodge roll for instance in a mech with tracks, but you could in a humanoid biped mech. You wouldn't be able to boost jump (useful for escaping area-of-effect attacks) as high in a humanoid mech as a bipedal "chickenwalker" with large legs and no arms. And a tracked mech could shoot relatively accurately while moving compared to a spider mech which has to stop to keep its guns steady to be able to attack effectively. (too much wobble at high speed) And the chickenwalker wouldn't be able to block attacks with a shield like the humanoid mech which has hands to carry different tools. (beam saber in one hand and shield in the other to block projectiles or close range melee attacks)

Some mechs would transform too so you could go modular for the environments that need it. Get the guys from Xenoblade series to make this monster hunter game and design the open world that lets you hunt for materials. (like the metroid games every environment is unique to each other and this balances the game out so no one type is perfect for all the areas. This encourages people to learn all the best optimial ways to 'farm' specific robots in certain environments to get the fastests times and generate the most materials in a particular day without waste)
Unlike monster hunter when stuff gets damaged you must spend time repairing and these are the touchscreen minigames you have to involve yourself in. (Fantasy Life did this touchscreen minigame shit well. Copy this to give people something to do while waiting for the train/bus/dentist appointment)
Last edited by GameHED on 13 Jul 2016 05:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I just got a mother fucking Pikachu too.

:nana: :nana:
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Apparently he is high powered too.. Gonna nuke him with stardust and get him even stronger..

Fuck that was gay.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

After I heard it was based on Ingress, I installed it. Never played a Pokemon game. There are people grouping together in two places at the park over the road. One is a Pokestop that I actually had put in place for Ingress. The other is about a hundred metres away in the same park. Last night one of them was streaming pink hearts (yes...that also sounds gay) so I strolled over (11pm) and someone had set a lure at the stop. Oddly there was nobody there but I caught a stack of stuff. Unless the setter of the lure was disappointed a 45 year old man turned up rather than some little kid who'd sneaked out of his bedroom window. Had no idea the park across the road had such diverse wildlife. I'm going to play it for a few days. Only because it's so damned easy for me to stock up on pokeballs. Walking around the park a few times last night netted me 30 pokemons, 5 eggs, some diamonds and revive juice. I levelled to 5 too and noticed after I chose team Blue that my gym, a few hundred metres away, is dominated by team red. Like Ingress, I'll play it here and there until I lose interest. Shouldn't take long. I'm calling it an educational experience, confident that Pokemon will still be going strong by the time Tobias is old enough to care.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

GameHED wrote:
Candy Arse wrote:A heap of people I know are getting into it, but I'm sticking with real games.
This might interest you:
http://uncova.com/nintendo-might-make-i ... blets-cnet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CNET

Nintendo is considering creating its own controller for phones and tablets as part of its sharpened focus on mobile apps.

At Nintendo's shareholders meeting on Wednesday, Shinya Takahashi, the general manager of the Entertainment Planning and Development division, revealed that the company is looking into creating a physical controller that could play a role in action games. Other companies already make controllers for smartphones and tablets, but this would be a first for Nintendo.

Mobile users have increasingly turned to smartphones and tablets to play games. Nintendo initially fought the trend, instead focusing on games for its Wii console and handheld devices. But as the company has lagged behind Sony and Microsoft in the gaming market, it has increased its focus on the mobile world and needs to continue to do so to lure in more users.

The trick is to decide if dedicated controllers are needed to provide the right type of experience for gamers.

"Physical controllers for smart device applications are available in the market and it is possible that we may also develop something new by ourselves," Takahashi said. "I believe Nintendo's way of thinking is to look at whether action games are really not impossible (without a physical controller for smart device applications) to create and how we can make it happen to create such a game."

Nintendo dived into the mobile market this past March with the release of Miitomo, an app for the iPhone, iPad and Android devices that lets you ask questions and interact with other people via an onscreen avatar. The company will follow that up this year with Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem, both free to play and both designed for iOS and Android devices. Two more mobile games are next in the queue for 2017, though Nintendo hasn't yet revealed their names.

Nintendo did not immediately respond to CNET's request for comment.
This can solve the problem of mobile games sucking due to shit controls, and nintendo can custom fit a game to match the design of the controller they create. It's time they followed square enix and sony and finally made their own clone of monster hunter imo. Maybe instead of wizards and monster hunters they created a mecha version of this where you hunt rogue robots whose parts can be used to craft better armor and parts for your mobile suit?

Think mad max post apocalypse setting but with powered armor instead of cars and trucks, and the game controls like a monster hunter game but instead of tracking targets by painting them and chasing them around, you scan with sensors and use psychic abilitiy to read the intentions of various rogue robots to guess where they will go as they flee from you, much like the detective in the Blade Runnner movies but in harsh environments which push the limits of your suit and make it hard to survive for long periods of time without shelter from village. This acts as the time limit we are used to in monster hunter games. Instead of the client who offers you missions being the one to set the time limit that you have to do the mission, the time limit is instead just based on how good the quality of the suit is measured against the toughness of staying in the harsh environment and based on those two factors, that then gives you the length of time you have to chase that target down and salvage anything useful form the wrecked machine after its defeat before you die trying it. (you don't really die you eject and a rescue crew comes to collect your pod which you have to pay them back later with money)

The mechas have all kinds of different weapon types, frames, cores (the central cockpit), limb types, skeleton designs (some are light fragile for aerial combat while others are dense and slow for defense against mobs), methods of travel (tracked mechs are better on sand and rough surface, biped is best at quick turns and dodges, spider mech has stability for long range combat on uneven surfaces etc) and this affects how you control the character much like changing your weapon in monster hunter. You wouldn't be able to dodge roll for instance in a mech with tracks, but you could in a humanoid biped mech. You wouldn't be able to boost jump (useful for escaping area-of-effect attacks) as high in a humanoid mech as a bipedal "chickenwalker" with large legs and no arms. And a tracked mech could shoot relatively accurately while moving compared to a spider mech which has to stop to keep its guns steady to be able to attack effectively. (too much wobble at high speed) And the chickenwalker wouldn't be able to block attacks with a shield like the humanoid mech which has hands to carry different tools. (beam saber in one hand and shield in the other to block projectiles or close range melee attacks)

Some mechs would transform too so you could go modular for the environments that need it. Get the guys from Xenoblade series to make this monster hunter game and design the open world that lets you hunt for materials. (like the metroid games every environment is unique to each other and this balances the game out so no one type is perfect for all the areas. This encourages people to learn all the best optimial ways to 'farm' specific robots in certain environments to get the fastests times and generate the most materials in a particular day without waste)
Unlike monster hunter when stuff gets damaged you must spend time repairing and these are the touchscreen minigames you have to involve yourself in. (Fantasy Life did this touchscreen minigame shit well. Copy this to give people something to do while waiting for the train/bus/dentist appointment)
Nah think I'll stick with real gaming on my PC and real exercise in the gym. :up:
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Europe has gone live. Enjoy some more server interruptions.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I've seen enough to quench my curiosity. Whenever this data pack runs out or expires, I'll be done with this.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

There's a Pokestop on my balcony. There's zero longevity in this as it stands but it's a decent mindless distraction
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

While I haven't played it, the buzz has been incredible. It has so much potential if they make it more like a proper game, but it's Nintendo, so it probably won't realise its potential.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

It's Niantec and The Pokémon Company. Why does everyone keep saying Nintendo?
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I don't agree anyway. If they make it more like a game, however they do that, they could lose a good chunk of the casual players.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

This is the future of Nintendo once the NX flops. Non-games on mobile phones.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Wrong! EVERYONE cares/wants to know I caught a Pikachu.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Yep, catching a Scyther made me the man I am today. People care.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

This one just screamed "rape" until I got her in my ball bag.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ambrose Burnside
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Madmya wrote:I don't agree anyway. If they make it more like a game, however they do that, they could lose a good chunk of the casual players.
I think they would be able to make it so that casuals can keep playing it the way they have been. But let people create clans/teams whatever the Pokemon term is (Team Rocket?) and let team fight each other if they want. I haven't actually played it yet, can you fight wild Pokemon or just capture them?

I think it would be incredible if they could make it like the TV show or Gameboy games but in real life. I'd jump on board.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Teams battle in gyms.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

You don't battle wild Pokemon with your own, but you don't just get them for finding them either. There's a bit of strategy to catching them in so far as using berries and other items to affect your capture rate, as well as some nuance to how you time and throw the Pokeball. None of that really comes into play until you're about level 8 or so and start to encounter trickier Pokemon, most before that just need a normal Pokeball to the face.

Just got back from the harbour, fuck me dead it was freezing cold but there were around 100 people getting amongst it.
DemLures.jpg
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Yep, I went through 40 balls on one about two hours ago. I'd collected over 100 balls today while Nicole was stopped at various lights and I thought I'd be sweet as. Nup. Down to 21 now..even after a stroll between the two Pokestops in the park. But I'm packing almost all of my gifted items, like incense, lucky eggs and lures and I've got a shit stack of commons to evolve. I think I'll wait until I restock on balls, hit a different pokestop with a lure and a lucky egg and double my xp on all of those evolutions and the xp on captures. I should clean up a few levels in one hit if I plan it out.

Dunno why there's so much hate really. I'm not even a Pokemon fan and generally dislike mobile games and I can still see the attraction regardless of longevity. I've walked just to hatch a few 5 and ten kilometre eggs. That part reminds me of the Sonic Chaos on the VMU a bit. People are everywhere. It's a bit nuts. A greyed out one came up for me and I had to walk around the corner to catch it. Dude pulls up in his car as I'm walking back and yells out, "Mate, did you just catch a Squirtle?"...I did. His attempt ended in the Squirtle doing the pissbolt and he left a little disappointed. Apparently Squirtle is the one he's working to evolve. I was quite prepared to slag this down as "Not a game" but if it's fun, has people getting together sharing experiences and exchanging tips I think as it is it certainly qualifies as a game. A few additional features and addressing some stability issues would make it even more of a game. I'm just probably a bit too old to be playing it. I'm not the target audience but a different theme would work just as well. I'd feel more comfortable with Pokebots or something...

I renamed Jynx - OprahWinfrey. It just looks so much like her.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

There's a Pokémon article on the news tonight about banning this congregating at night out in public. Be interesting to see their reasoning.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

What a stupid thought bubble.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

if they ban it, it will just make it seem cooler to the little kids who still haven't tried it yet and become even more popular.

"what? The boring adults don't want me to go outside and get some sunlight and move my muscles and socialise with real people? I'm so going to try it now! They must be trying to hide something fun from me like when they banned me from runescape after I bought all those virtual items with their credit card and they didn't know; forcing me to play other shitty games on phones instead of on desktop pc which they were stupid enough into believing they were FREE because they are called free-to-play games. Can't allow them to hide new fun shit from me again.."

Nintendo stocks go up = candy arse pissed (he wants them to go shit like sega after the death of the dreamcast. The true gamers know your agenda - give it up already. Consoles and dedcated handhelds are here to stay. Fuck you keyboard tapper retards..) The mobile phone shit is just a way to fund more proper games on dedicated game systems. Everyone knows that. You won't see the good ones like Zelda breath of the wild on your phone. They'd just create minigames related to the triple A titles similar to what you see with games like fallout 4. (ie falllout shelter mobile phone game being a seperate title to the console/pc game fallouts which is the real series) You idiots are so dumb. Mobile minigames are the new ads. But if the handheld is doomed as the fake prophets like candy predict, then nintendo can still survive with the physical controls that they can make for mobile phone gamers (who became refugees after NX selling shit) which can protect their best IPs from sucking like ET on the atari 2600.

They have that as a great backup plan. Japan is different. They want to play good games and will buy quality. Unlike pc gamers that donwload free shit and are ok with bugs and bad balance and being treated as free beta testers by game companies.
Last edited by GameHED on 15 Jul 2016 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto