Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Another kickstarter game worth backing

Post by GameHED »

Prey For The Gods:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... e-versions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

if you like shadow of the colossus and hyper light drifter this might interest you..
Shadow of the Colossus-inspired adventure game Prey For the Gods has made 150 per cent of its Kickstarter goal with another 12 hours left. More importantly, it's confirmed for PS4 and Xbox One.

The ambitious title was aiming to raise $300k on the crowdfunding platform and as of publishing it's at $451,957 with over 13.4k backers.

The game has pushed past numerous stretch goals so it will now have a Mac version, an orchestral score, an additional animator, and more weapons. It could potentially get expanded environments and more bosses too (so far only five are confirmed).

Amazingly, Prey For the Gods is being made by a tiny team of three. Granted an additional animator is coming onboard and there will be some external contributing work done (like the aforementioned orchestra), but this is still a tiny crew.

Prey For the Gods puts players in the role of a warrior on a mysterious island ruled by a handful of colossal beasts. The story will be told through the environment and the developer cited Shadow of the Colossus, Journey and Hyper Light Drifter as inspirations for this.

You can currently reserve a copy of Prey For the Gods for $15 on PC or $25 for console.
Looks like Skyrim without NPCs. Probably killed by demon-possessed children who fed them to the dragon for a ride on its back.
Last edited by GameHED on 06 Aug 2016 01:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Re: Another kickstarter game worth backing

Post by Rorschach »

Another game you won't support?
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

It's reached its goal. So my support will come AFTER the game is done like how normal people used to buy games.
Backers get special treatment that we normies don't. So there is no excuse to whine. Been through this in the other thread.. You have nothing to be jealous of if we don't eat any risk since you get extras..
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

What have we been through in the other thread? You abusing people who don't back games, then admitting you wont back it yourself in an arse over tit back pedal of self ownage. I guess you're right. We did cover that. :fight:
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Who is whining CrackHED? You won't even support these games but are content to parasitise off backers who take a risk on these developers. You are worse than the bottom feeders at EB that sell second hand games at near retail price.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Abusing people? WTF are you talking about?

The reason I don't back games is because I prefer games to be made on tight budget. (the reason for this is to avoid overbloated games which suffer from mission creep and have a lot of filler content - old games didn't have this due to technical limits)

But for those of you who want to give them free money, I am not going to stand in your way.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Rorschach wrote:Who is whining CrackHED? You won't even support these games but are content to parasitise off backers who take a risk on these developers. You are worse than the bottom feeders at EB that sell second hand games at near retail price.
HAHA the game has already reached its goal. It doesn't need more. It's just if you want to keep getting the stretch goal shit which I am ok without. Are you dumb?
The game has pushed past numerous stretch goals so it will now have a Mac version, an orchestral score, an additional animator, and more weapons. It could potentially get expanded environments and more bosses too (so far only five are confirmed).
If you want even more content then I am not going to stop you throwing even more money at them. But I tend to prefer rewarding them with money after the game proves that it doesn't suck. This way they fear low scores for not polishing the game. Sometime you got to balance making a polished game, and adding more stuff. If you add more stuff, you might get a bigger game but the core might be rough. I like my games to be good, and then get bigger in sequels.
You want to avoid the Peter Molynuex effect.
Last edited by GameHED on 06 Aug 2016 02:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

You are retarded. Even your title implies people should support it and yet you abuse people that actively support these developers. Fucktard.

P.S. Backed you cock gobbler :)
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Thats some selective memory of yours, crackhed.
just reminding you what the position you are backpedaling from to save you more embarrassment
For those that didn't back the Ouya and waste money, you should have some loose change lying around. Don't be a pussy and take a risk once in a while. Help old series survive by giving them money to save the Shock franchise which we know started to go downlhill when it became an on-rails fps (Bioshock 3) instead of a rpg like it is supposed to be.

You've seen how good Yooka Laylee is, you've seen Bloodstained and its faithfulness to Symphony of the Night, and that is proof older series are worth saving by giving the beggers the money to do actual work. (not to mention how good Doom reboot turned out to be by keeping fast paced gameplay)

Just pretend Mighty Number 9 was a demo only and not megaman x reborn. (the $4 million is secretly being used to make a proper Aliens Colonial Marines game on the NX which doesn't suck like the first time they did it. Yes that is where it went..)
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Rorschach:
But you can disagree with me about whether the title is actually worth backing.

There are going to be people out there that don't like Shadow of the colossus. Everyone has their own taste.

I won't back it because it's already reached its goal. But if you disagree and think the extra content is worth giving even more free money, I am not going to stop you.

Howeve I would highly recommend you save money for other projects because if you sink too much money into one of them, you end up with Star Citizen ok? People sunk $1000s of dollars and then got angry when they changed their whole concept. Don't just blindly trust people. Actually research stuff then make the calculated risk is what I am saying. By doing it you are helping the begger to make him stronger and have to work for his money rather than showering him free money before the thing is out. Your money should act as an investment not a gift. That's where you and I differ. I see money as a tool to be used to help talented people realise the dream project. But you might just see it as giving away money like giving to charity.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

BOOMY wrote:Thats some selective memory of yours, crackhed.
just reminding you what the position you are backpedaling from to save you more embarrassment
For those that didn't back the Ouya and waste money, you should have some loose change lying around. Don't be a pussy and take a risk once in a while. Help old series survive by giving them money to save the Shock franchise which we know started to go downlhill when it became an on-rails fps (Bioshock 3) instead of a rpg like it is supposed to be.

You've seen how good Yooka Laylee is, you've seen Bloodstained and its faithfulness to Symphony of the Night, and that is proof older series are worth saving by giving the beggers the money to do actual work. (not to mention how good Doom reboot turned out to be by keeping fast paced gameplay)

Just pretend Mighty Number 9 was a demo only and not megaman x reborn. (the $4 million is secretly being used to make a proper Aliens Colonial Marines game on the NX which doesn't suck like the first time they did it. Yes that is where it went..)
Yes but that game didn't reach its goal yet stupid. I was confident ahead of time that it would already make it, so choose not to back it because the excess money needed to go to other projects or to buy the game when released.

Buying the game on launch is better because you give them money after they finish the work.
Since there are so many fans it's highly likely it would get the funding so for ME (not YOU) taking a conservative approach worked. They'll just waste resources if you give them too much.
Last edited by GameHED on 06 Aug 2016 02:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

What other projects? What have you backed? Ever?
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

I didn't back the games I want you to back. Because I want to buy the games not invest. You guys are fanboys so that's why I think it's good for you to invest and not me. I don't want bloatware. Just make the games, not anime series, statues, artbooks etc.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Another kickstarter game worth backing

Post by Rorschach »

Bullshit, you are dodging the question. What projects have you backed, ever? You said you have, or are you just a liar?
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

I didn't back the games I want you to back.
Yes, that is what we are saying. Let the arse over tit hypocritical back pedal of self ownage continue.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

It's not hypocritical because I don't want to invest in them. Just buy them when they are out.

But you guys do.

So that's why it's worth creating a thread for.

There is a 4 part documentary series I recently watched about the rise and fall of peter molyneux that I highly recoemmend you and Rorschach watch.
The moral of the story is to never just trust people on the face of it. Fans shouldn't worship people as gods. They have no right to be angry at the man since they took the stupid risk without understanding history. Common sense ya dumb shit.

Even if someone has talent, great ideas, and passion, it is not enough without discipline too. (that means reflecting on past mistakes and checking yourself) When you say something and you change the plan (like what happened with star citizen) you create distrust from people in you. So as investors you need to look at a person's character and history. That's why I only pay for games not invest in them. If the guys making the project are not well known then the risk something will suck is quite high and they are just trying to look for an easy buck. But if they are good at giving updates, are well-known, and disciplined they should not have much problem getting the funds.

If they get the funds easily, then there is less need to invest since I am more about buying the finished product and not about getting special treatment like having your name in the credits, getting artbooks, being the "god of gods" lol, which is what investors get for absorbing risk and being there to build the game.
I am more about rewarding people after the thing turns out to be good. Not charity.

There are the deserving poor and the undeserving poor. The deserving poor are the hardworking guys that can work outside the greedy publisher system and actually get shit done in time with updates. Undeserving poor are the guys that can talk big but may overestimate themselves and repeat mistakes without learning from them and growing stronger.

Anyway have fun thinking you are "winning" some dumb argument you believe you are having with me... I'm just cautioning you to not just believe people on the face of it and to only invest what you personally believe is necessary. (my own beliefs differ from others since I think giving LESS money toughens them up. (like forcing someone to survive in the wilderness with only a few resouces which causes them to be efficient. But I don't force my belief onto others and you can disagree with them if you want to) Talking to you is like talking to a cave man that doesn't understand that my needs are not the same as your needs.

If you like good games that this game is inspired by, then it's worth taking the chance. If you don't want to take that chance then don't get angry if people like me don't back it because we believe in buying the game when it is ready rather than just handing over money upfront when it isn't even necessary anymore since it reached its goal before I made the thread. (anything extra is excess) My advice is save that money for other projects that might need the money more badly. But I am not responsible if you invest in it and the game turns out to be shit and you get angry. I will be the guy that sits back and relieved that I don't have to buy it because the reviews say it isn't really worth the price it asked.

As a wise man I take calculated risks. I am not one of those guys that invest $15000 dollars for a stupid ship in Star Citizen. Those guys should be spending that money on other things not on virtual items. But maybe they are rich and so it isn't much money to them? See what I mean? Each person has a different idea of what value a dollar has to them.And if it were me making a game, I would exploit that there are some rich people out there that would still want to pay me free money just to feel more special than everyone else. Since I am not the guy making the thing, and just the guy buying the product I take the conservative and cautious path of "wait and see" so that they don't waste resources on unecessary things that are not needed. You know when something is excessive funding when you see other games that are similar which were done on tighter budget and good games. But much like music, taste in games varies from person to person. And what you ae willing to pay also differs in a free market economy.

Perfect example is Call of Duty. I do not value it at full price simply because I will never play the multiplayer potion of the game. So for me I try to look for bargain price. It's fun game to me so it has some value, just not what they want to sell it for. But you might love it and get value from both the online and single player campaign. So you might disagree with my opinion and think the price is fair to you. Neither of us is wrong since we have different needs.
I think linear games and on-rails shooters take less thought to make despite feeling polished. (high framerates and nice graphics) But if you like games that 'stick to the point' and restrict options, then your opinion will differ from mine. (eg some people actually don't like new tomb raider games because they like exploring and puzzles. And some people hate Sonic Adventure games because they want pure platformers not stories. Everyone is unique.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Can't answer a simple question?
I was confident ahead of time that it would already make it, so choose not to back it because the excess money needed to go to other projects or to buy the game when released.
Again, what other projects? It's bad enough you are abusive to people that actively support small developers but then to say you do the same and can't even nominate one project you've supported (Kickstarter/Indigogo/Steam Greenlight etc) shows what a liar you are :lol:

Edit - For the record, this is what I've supported:

ARK Evolved
Systemshock
Prey for the Gods
Grim Dawn
Cryptark
Assault Android Cactus (bought it on PC and PS4 to show Sonic Jam some love)
Sublevel Zero
Satellite Regin
Nuclear Throne
Enter the Gungeon
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

It's not hypocritical because I don't want to invest in them. Just buy them when they are out.

But you guys do.
Because you told us to dummy. Can you remember what you posted for longer than a week, a day, an hour? You said this:
Don't be a pussy and take a risk once in a while
Work out wtf your point is before you speak again.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

I've only backed two games, Project CARS and Shenmue III, but that's still two more than GH.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

well you also technically backed Elite Dangerous.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Cletus wrote:well you also technically backed Elite Dangerous.
Some would argue that's not a game but a way of life, but yes, yes I did.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

BOOMY wrote:

But you guys do.
Because you told us to dummy. Can you remember what you posted for longer than a week, a day, an hour? You said this:
Don't be a pussy and take a risk once in a while
Work out wtf your point is before you speak again.
Uhh no.

The point is you don't have to take my advice. Think for yourself. Nobody will twist your arm and force you into not supporting.

If you are not into that type of game for instance, why would you care if the project reaches its goal? If I say go jump off the cliff, you are not going to do it are you? So why would you care if a kickstarter project isn't funded unless you yourself actually see some worth out of it? You are full of shit. You want to fund it because you see value in the game being made. Don't blame me lol

Sooooo dumb. The reason I don't back everything is because I have different priorities. (got other projects to back which I can't tell you of otherwise you will get pissed that I back them if they turn out to be shit games and then blame me for them being shit for giving them money before waiting for Candy Arse to give unbiased reviews of before buying the game. The unbiased stamp means its worth pirating and removing the DRM)

You guys have a special trap for everything you say. But thankfully nobody takes the bait because they know not to trust you.

If you want to understand my logic you must understand that I come from the old school of thinking: you make the product. If the thing is good quality to buy then I reward it by buying it. If it's shit: I EB rent the thing to find out the truth (there are some shit games that I might like if they do something groundbreaking or interesting) and decide later if I want to own it forever.

Sometime a game is shit, but its cheap, so you play it because it might interest you for whatever reason. But the point is you make calculated risks: you let the poorer quality makers of games work harder to force them to perform better by not instantly trusting them(ie by being soft on them and handing out money without worrying they'll relax to much), and you go easy on the makers of games that have already proven themselves.

I tend to take a conservative approach to things by only buying the game when I know it doesn't suck. (which means if I know a game will reach its goal I will support it by buying rather than investing )
But others are more liberal. Who am I to tell them NOT to back something risky?

That's why I am ok with other people throwing away money because they may not care about it sucking by giving excessive funding due to being more trustworthy. If they want their name in the credits or the artbook or whatever perks (early access) then let them have it. But everyone is DIFFERENT. Some people like me want to keep the money in my hands until AFTER the thing is done, not before because it gives them an incentive not to rush shit.

You know why Totalbiscuit discourages people from preordering? Because it tells the developers you will still give the company money regardless of if the thing is finished or polished properly. Always give money AFTER they have done it. That way you can feel safe. :up:
There is no advantage of automatic trust. It only should apply to good developers who already have a reputation. Common sense man. The industry has loads of shovelware. That's because more and more people are buying garbage and are ok with it. By withholding money it can force the bad developers to disappear and good ones to rise to the top so it is a healthy thing to do.
Last edited by GameHED on 08 Aug 2016 04:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

So you are simply a liar, and a disingenuous one at that. You can't tell us what you've backed because you never have and never will.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

You can believe that if you want. But I am not going to tell you the pojects I back. I want to buy my games. Not invest. I take the conservative view of game making. If it isn't in my hands in finished form then you don't get shit.
Just like if you order food you get the meal and pay after you are serviced. Not before. Thee are other projects (which I am not going to tell you) I am funding. I think it's great that you'll never know them. Just as you are unaware if a game will be shit or good until you finally play the fucking thing instead of waiting for others to think for you.

I know as a pc tard you expect others to hold your hand and help you all the time, but us proper gamers prefer finding out stuff on our own, and the mystery excites us.

You guys seriously need to get angry when games like Star Citizen is delayed and you are never given solid answer about when it gets released. When Zelda is delayed you go apeshit but when a kickstarter project doesn't finish you go silent.
What if they never release the title? See how stupid automatic trust is? Some of that SC kickstarter money should go to shenmue imo
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

You're a fruit loop :lol: