Watch Dogs 2 is actually good

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Watch Dogs 2 is actually good

Post by GameHED »

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstat ... tch-dogs-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

but nobody seems to talk about it because people have become jaded hipsters. Anyone playing?
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: Watch Dogs 2 is actually good

Post by t0mby »

First one left a sour taste in my mouth. I won't be purchasing the sequel.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Never played the first one, will grab the second one in a sale. Don't have the time at the moment to invest in another open world game.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

The PC version installs invasive kernel module spyware in the name of stopping "hacks"

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/update ... tware.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The shit is worse than denuno.

Been looking at grabs on gaf, looks worse than GTA5, requires very demanding hardware and it's full of SJW crap.

No thanks.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Yeah, bugger that
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I bought it, put 92mins into it and got my refund from steam. It's not a great port, I was hoping it was, won't be pre ordering again.

I couldn't even run it at 60fps on my setup 3770k/980ti, not running the highest preset and using temporal filtering aka not running at native resolution of 1080p. TXAA cuts performance in half and is very blurry, plus it doesn't do a good job eliminating jaggies.

92mins of what I've played was constantly changing video settings to my liking, but in the end I wasn't happy with it.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Lots of recent games I've ended up playing with settings more than the game itself, I kinda didn't expect that after dropping large coin for a GTX 1080. Not sure what's going on but besides BF1 a lot of the latest games make this card feel under powered already. :(
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Awwww, that's a shame lestat. Good job you have money to burn on the next card! :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Developers not prioritizing PC as lead and then handing off the porting to a second string team. The very rare exception being Nixxes
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Gigabyte sent me a code for this for my 1070 instead of Gears of War despite buying before the promotion started. Will give some unbiased opinions on it later :up:
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

From what I hear it is better than the first one. I think I'll put it down to people just being not excited in the lead up to it's release like previously overhyped titles. ie in other words "Gamers have gotten smarter with their wallets and waiting for sales"

Final Fantasy 15 just came out and unlike Xenoblade Chronicles X it isn't truly open world when you get in the car. Come on square you had 10 years to develop an open world game.

Lot of these new games disappoint:
-only slightly better than the original releases.
-short campaigns (titanfall 2 was quality but was it as good value as Doom?)
-all came out at competitive time. (eg dishonored 2 came out right after Dues ExMD. The people playing Dues Ex MD probably still busy with it)

People want value. The marketing these games get is too much. Cut back on ads and focus on giving more content in the games and polishing them to get solid 9 from all the review sites.
There is an article written up on eurogamer about why game sales are down for these triple A titles:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... s-are-down" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As people have gotten smarter and more patient, the sales of games goes down on release. They wait for all the little bugs to be ironed out, and then when the game is on sale, they purchase. Probably because they are still playing other games at the time. That's my theory. It's the No Man's Sky effect. Once bitten, twice shy.

SF5 went to the extreme of taking out modes that were considered bread and butter for triple A game. I don't blame people for not wanting to pay full price on release. Do you really need to play Call of Duty Infinite Warfare on day 1? It's just an expansion pack of all the previous COD games. People can actually get jaded when the games have too many sequels like Dynasty Warriors titles. Make your games more polished like nintendo, and space them out a bit .
Make the game more long, and don't market them so much. Nobody looks at ads, they go by word of mouth these days and youtube recommendation. (which is why nintendo put a tax on coverage of their titles because they know that it influences opinions)
Yes that means delaying, but polish is important. I'm glad the next Zelda was pushed back if it means it will feel less rushed. Do you really think people are going to have time to play 3 FPS game online all at the same time with friends? Space the releases out you idiots.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

This is why fucking kernel module protection shit can fucking die in a fire.

It's been years since we had stuff like this plague PC gaming, why the fuck is it making a return?
t0mby wrote:Awwww, that's a shame lestat. Good job you have money to burn on the next card! :lol:
My next purchase will be a scorpio, I have lost faith in devs.