Megaton! The Last of Us Part 2 announced.

Fanboys report for duty.

Moderators: GreyWizzard, pilonv1

Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Re: Megaton! The Last of Us Part 2 announced.

Post by Rorschach »

Twiztid Elf wrote:
Rorschach wrote:
Spoiler!
And I heard there is a part in the game where you are forced to kill a dog. Not cool with that.
:lol: What?
This game never pretended to be Mario Bros.
Never said it did. But it seems it the game enjoys taking any choices away from you and then beats you over the head for making them. Thats poor story telling and a shitty way to treat the fans of the original game. Watched a variety of reviews last night, positive and negative, and the consensus is that it’s a technical marvel but it’s plot is a let down. Will wait for a sale on this one.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

People are having a difficult time playing through The Last of Us Part II due to some of its graphic and controversial scenes and are reportedly returning the game en masse.
https://www.sausageroll.com.au/entertai ... e-ins/?amp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

It's No Man's Sky all over again. :rollin:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

What a bullshit story. Typical gaming clickbait Journalism. Those signs have been up for weeks due to the Chinese bat soup flu. So basically JB not excepting any more returns couldn't of happened since trad-ins have stopped weeks ago.

This is why I avoid gaming new sites they are all the same filled with bullshit clickbait stories written by activists not journalists.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Tomby, you’re playing on survivor difficulty level?

I think I’m going to up mine from moderate to survivor. In moderate loot is everywhere. However I’m not a good shot so they do come in handy :).

It was great coming in contact with some humans for a change.

Aim lock is off and aim assist is on 0. I think I will be restarting plenty of checkpoints, but the game saves frequently and loading is quick, so not much of a pain.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Whichever the hardest difficulty is, can't remember what it's called. Feels like there's more loot than the previous game on the same difficulty but just enough that you have to choose your upgrades carefully. I also have all aim assists off, companion is set to passive not aggressive so doesn't help too much and tips for what to do are set to off. Pretty much have it set to as difficult as possible.

I do restart some checkpoints if I lose too much health though, but rarely restart encounters.

Not getting to play it as much as I want, can only play it after the kids and missus have gone to bed. Too scary for the kids and too violent for the missus as she's been in a violent relationship so it's a trigger/red flag for her.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Must be talking about survivor mode. I had to turn up the camera sensitivity, when you look around to max. On default it’s way too slow.

On hard now mode but it doesn’t feel much harder at the moment, I think it’s more like the game’s normal mode.

I have made it up to Seattle day 2. Game shows 8hrs 29mins playtime. Don’t won’t spoil anything but, uh, you’re in for a nice treat before you reach Seattle day 2.

Playing at night is the way to go, but sorry to hear about your partner’s past .

Anyway, to everybody playing, I hope you enjoy it like I have.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I expect I'm not too far from day 2, I'm on my way to the city/tall buildings. I'll report back later as it's nearly game time.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Obviously a bit further away from the end of day 1 than I thought. Played solidly since my last post, died twice, once in battle and once from a tripwire. Have stopped for now as I have to get up for work in 5hrs. I'm about to work my way downstairs from the "objective". You should be able to work that out without spoiling it for anyone.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Here's some screens for lestat to pixel count and complain about. ;)

flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I haven’t touched photo mode yet which isn’t like me. I just used the capture button during gameplay when I see something nice.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Sony lies and deceit exposed again.
Why does this company get a constant free pass for doing this shit over and over?
flipswitch
que
que

Megaton! The Last of Us Part 2 announced.

Post by flipswitch »

There are only exclusive to Sony games remember.

When prone press L1 instead of circle and you get up much quicker.

You do realise lots of games, including Halo 2 which was downgraded from the playable demo do this.

It sucks, but every game shown early should have a “ Game is subject to change” disclaimer.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

No excuse for this practice, especially when other professionals in the field know the technological limits and call bullshit end up getting attacked.

Tomb Raider head vindicated.

The downgrades are pretty massive, no volumetic lighting/shadows, no light bounces, lower quality models, lower quality character shading, no screen space reflections, lower lod levels, completely fake animations/physics. It's no wonder all the footage I saw looked extremely flat to me.

ND have done this twice this generation, completely fake E3 demos designed to sell systems, complete lies.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

lestat wrote:Sony lies and deceit exposed again.
Why does this company get a constant free pass for doing this shit over and over?
Because when you see game reveals they're usually running on Devs machines with twice the ram. Bungee did it too but let not mention that. Anyway, no one cares except people that don't play it. You should post a 0/10 review on Metacritic like your mates do.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

All that “fake” yet still one of the best looking games on console, and one with universal acclaim!

As you can see this is one truely downgraded title, but don’t take my word for it.

I’ve played 10hrs29mins, and it looks phenomenal at times. But what really impresses me the most is the engaging gameplay, A.I and combat.

Once you get a hang of the controls it will play pretty much like those fake E3 demos. The new prone and dodge mechanics are game changers. You can even lie on your back like Snake in MGSV.

Anyways,
In one section, (I died about 10 times), but not once was I frustrated. It’s the Hillcrest section, lots of abandoned houses, lots of tall grass and plenty of enemies with their dogs.

And just had so much fun trying different things, but the way the enemies talk to each other and move around made it more believable. They would say things like, “ she’s in the house, surround the house” talk to their dog “ has she picked up the scent?”, yell out their buddies names “ she’s got lestat “.

And the combat blends in beautifully. It’s so brutal.

Back to the A.I. Because of how smart enemies are and how enjoyable it is trying to out-smart them, and the many ways you can approach situations, this game will get another play through on survivor difficulty.

Still finding lots of loot on hard mode.

Now I have the bow and arrow. Which is essential for stealth because it makes no noise and you can retrieve your arrows when you make a head shot, plus you can craft them.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

It must be sad to spend $2k every 12-18 months on a graphics card or you won't enjoy the game. Such a shame when gameplay and enjoyment take a backseat to lighting and E3 video comparisons.

I'm up to Hillcrest now. 12hrs 30mins was my time when I started it, but I search and backtrack everywhere. Naughty God's have done a great job of giving the impression it's not linear with its design. I don't know what it is but it feels head and shoulders about the first.

Flip, question about the bow and arrow.
Spoiler!
How far past that first encounter with the WLF and the dogs in Hillcrest? I found a room in a basement that have an archery trophy and a birthday note with a drawing of his dad with a bow, I was expecting to find it there. I'm onto the next section straight after that now with the inflected.

Oh and that flashback at the museum, man, the space launch so cool. *Chefs kiss*
Last edited by t0mby on 22 Jun 2020 09:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Spoiler!
It should be shortly after the first encounter WLF and Dogs as you progress.. Sorry memory is playing up, but you will get to it.
You must’ve put in some decent hours to reach your current location from where you were yesterday. Welcome to Seattle day 2.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Sweet,must be close then. Cheers.

Managed to put in about 4.5hrs today as I finished work early so did some before picking up the youngest from Kindy. I was at the start of the flashback when I started tonight after kids went to bed.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Downvoting manbabies on Metacritic is one of the most pathetic things to emerge this gen.

I say this gen cos I don't remember it being such a big, coordinated thing back in the day.

PS4 has kicked arse this gen.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

t0mby wrote:It must be sad to spend $2k every 12-18 months on a graphics card or you won't enjoy the game. Such a shame when gameplay and enjoyment take a backseat to lighting and E3 video comparisons.
[/spoiler]
If graphics aren't so important, then why did you comment how "amazing" they look, why outright lie and mislead with visuals not in the final product? Fact is gameplay has hardly progressed in games, it's been mostly visuals. This is why Sony lie and cheat, because it's what sells systems to people.

Ambrose, the manbabies have a attacked jbhifi site, check the reviews.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/play ... us-part-ii" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I guess all those streamers that hate it must be man babies too.

The reddit fan page,

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheLastOfUs2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All manbabies.

:roll:

Or maybe the story is just shit and people look through the polished graphics. People are sick of reviewers lying with fake scores, sick of Sony lying to them. The outrage is because people feel cheated and misled, if we had honest reviews much of this could be avoided. It's the The Last Jedi all over again.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

lestat wrote: If graphics aren't so important, then why did you comment how "amazing" they look, why outright lie and mislead with visuals not in the final product?
You're the one coming into a thread about a game you have zero interest in spouting off about lack of volumetric lighting, no ray tracing or downgraded graphics. I'm not a graphics whore. I don't need to spend thousands of dollars on upgrading a pc to get a boner over the latest direct x tricks utilised in an overpriced graphics card that gets superceded year on year. I'm just saying what I see, an amazing looking game on technology that was released years ago, just like Flip and Elf are saying but we must be wrong. Gameplay always comes first with me, it always has and I enjoy this type of game but again, must be wrong because 25k+ people have spammed up Metacritic saying the game is shit, story is shit, too many lesbians, gay bookstores blah blah but keep going on about it because we're not sick of hearing about your experience with The Last of Us Part 2. :roll:

You're seriously coming across as an arrogant Gamehed in yet another Sony exclusive thread. You do it with each game because it's not available on PC and using your $$$$ spent on hardware.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Did I do this for God of War or Spiderman?

I think not. I praised those games because they were good games and OMG the metacritic user score agrees with that statement.

What I don't like is the lies and deception, it gets my back up, I don't like reviewers being blacklisted, I don't like E3 showings with fake visuals used to create mindshare in the gaming community, I don't like games being used as a vehicle for shoving political opinions down our throat, I don't like fake scores.

This has nothing to do with PC gaming, it's all about honesty/transparency and the lack of it coming out of Sony for decades now.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

You know it's been going on for decades, Capcom did it with Resident Evil 2, System 3 did it with The Last Ninja.....
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Not like this, those games didn't have all the points I described in them.

Sorry this is the worst imo and hence why people are pissed off.

Read this sub t0mby, I have never seen a fan sub shit so hard on game like this, it's incredible.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheLastOfUs2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;